Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cute that you think they're even remotely the same.
View Quote

Cute that you support Governor Black face in removing "Statues of traitors".

Good or bad removing/erasing history is wrong.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are we British?  Does the Confederacy exist?
View Quote
Seriously, you do know there are millions of people that don't see it your way?  Do we not get a voice?  What do you think will happen if this keeps going?  Do you really think you will be spared?  The Confederacy lasted for 4 years, the Union allowed slavery for 87 years under the US Flag.  A large number of signers were also slave owners and Southerners.  Do you think the constitution will be upheld going forward?

One last thought, if you hate us so much, let us go.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Who is that guy anyway? never even noticed him.
View Quote

The biggest doomer and general troll on the site these last few months. I would trade him for SPK in a heart beat and I fucking hate SPK.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Umm..they are exactly the same.  George Washington led an insurrection against the lawful government and was also a slaveholder as were almost all the other founding fathers and by today's standards almost certainly as racist as Lee.  The only difference is that the winners get to write the history.  If you are too ignorant to acknowledge the similarities I can't help you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing COC compliant to say…
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Umm..they are exactly the same.  George Washington led an insurrection against the lawful government and was also a slaveholder as were almost all the other founding fathers and by today's standards almost certainly as racist as Lee.  The only difference is that the winners get to write the history.  If you are too ignorant to acknowledge the similarities I can't help you.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can go back to where you came from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure why we have monuments to traitors anyway.  Put them in a museum.

You can go back to where you came from.

The United States?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
This is just more bullshit to stir the pot and a win win for dems.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Removing monuments to traitors is good.  Putting them in museums is not erasing history.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Can we take down that devil goat statue and the Stalin one?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have nothing COC compliant to say…
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can we take down that devil goat statue and the Lenin one?
View Quote

Got to wait for the next change in management for that
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seriously, you do know there are millions of people that don't see it your way?  Do we not get a voice?  What do you think will happen if this keeps going?  Do you really think you will be spared?  The Confederacy lasted for 4 years, the Union allowed slavery for 87 years under the US Flag.  A large number of signers were also slave owners and Southerners.  Do you think the constitution will be upheld going forward?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we British?  Does the Confederacy exist?

What does the North owning slaves have to do with the southern states trying to break away from the country because Lincoln was elected President?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

George Washington won and created a whole new country.  The Confederacy lost.  I don't care about who owned slaves.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Removing monuments to traitors is good.  Putting them in museums is not erasing history.
View Quote

Secession is legal. So not sure where your traitor bullshit is coming from...
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure why we have monuments to traitors anyway.  Put them in a museum.
View Quote

You must be a transplant.....And a dick as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please cite the Article and Section in the Constitution.  I would like to read up on that
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Agreed....  It will be the ugliest....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A day of reckoning is coming fast and it's going to be one of the most ugliest in human history.

Agreed....  It will be the ugliest....

Quite possibly, yes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

George Washington won and created a whole new country.  The Confederacy lost.  I don't care about who owned slaves.
View Quote

Very cogent argument there slick.  All that matters is who wins then I guess?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you attempt treason, yeah winning is pretty much everything there "slick"
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that and the causes they were fighting for.

Neither of which really supports the worship of Confederate leaders that persists to this day.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When you attempt treason, yeah winning is pretty much everything there "slick"
View Quote

So then basically you have no moral compass whatsoever.  Your entire world view is based on the whomever is strongest is therefore just.  So had the confederacy won then the Union would have been the traitors and that whole slavery thing was just a minor disagreement.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#23]
So, now that the state of Virginia through its elected Governor and the City of Richmond are renouncing the Confederacy, will the Mason-Dixon Line be relocated to the VA/NC border?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Send them, the statues, to Appomattox. We, ughh they, have a virtually unused industrial park, a 'Confederate' museum, and of course the national historical park.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd take the statue and put him in my side yard.  Wonder if they would allow a citizen to purchase the statue surely someone here has a large plot and some $ thats burning a hole in their pocket.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So, now that the state of Virginia through its elected Governor and the City of Richmond are renouncing the Confederacy, will the Mason-Dixon Line be relocated to the VA/NC border?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
good, seditionists and traitors shouldn't have monuments.
View Quote

Oh look, ignorance made it on page one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Neither of which really supports the worship of Confederate leaders that persists to this day.
View Quote

I don't recall anyone in this thread worshiping Confederate leaders.  I think the general consensus, at least from those in this thread, is that tearing down statues based on whims and feels sets a bad precedent and is doing a historical disservice to later generations
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't recall anyone in this thread worshiping Confederate leaders.  I think the general consensus, at least from those in this threat, is that tearing down statues based on whim and feels sets a bad precedent and is doing a historical disservice to later generations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall anyone in this thread worshiping Confederate leaders.  I think the general consensus, at least from those in this threat, is that tearing down statues based on whim and feels sets a bad precedent and is doing a historical disservice to later generations

This thread, like the histrionics going on in Richmond, hardly exists in a vacuum.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't recall anyone in this thread worshiping Confederate leaders.  I think the general consensus, at least from those in this thread, is that tearing down statues based on whims and feels sets a bad precedent and is doing a historical disservice to later generations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The statues themselves are a form of worship to Confederate leaders.  Just like they are for anyone else that has a statue.  There aren't many "we feel bad for you since you lost your war against us so we'll create a statue to remember you by" statues that I'm aware of
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some ignorant folks in here.  You can scold Lee for going with his State, but he was more of a human than Grant ever was and unlike Grant freed the family slaves years before the war even started.
View Quote

My knowledge does NOT jive with this.

Please prove me wrong.

Lee held slaves throughout the war. He didn’t really give a shit. Was never a big time slave owner. He inherited a few and with inherited debt and debtor prisons he used the few runaway slaves to pay down his debt.

Like I said. I LOVE Lee.

Please correct me. I so so want Lee to be some emancipator.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Not a worshipper nor a southerner , but I know tearing down monuments and trying to disappear history is never good whether your burning books or blowing up statues anywhere in the world
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, he's always been like that and it's why he does not get any respect out of me. Just because you live in Virginia does not make you a Virginian.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#34]
It’s about time America stopped celebrating losers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#35]
They should erect a statue of the governor in blackface to replace it...
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It was inevitable.  They already got rid of Lee-Jackson day this year.

Maybe they can put up a statue of Black Panther and Hillary Clinton making out or something.
View Quote

Fucking sad.  I used to live on Monument Ave about 25 years ago. Was a cool place to live in that time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The statues themselves are a form of worship to Confederate leaders.  Just like they are for anyone else that has a statue.  There aren't many "we feel bad for you since you lost your war against us so we'll create a statue to remember you by" statues that I'm aware of
View Quote

Any statue is a form of worship?  Seriously
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#38]
So long Uncle Robert
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The difference is Washington didnt commit treason against the United States of America. And he didnt lose.
View Quote

For a “winner” you sure have a batch of sour grapes...

I take it they never taught you commies about reconciliation? These monuments were part of it, it was a war of “brother against brother”.

Just more divisive bullshit from the left.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A day of reckoning is coming fast and it's going to be one of the most ugliest in human history.
View Quote

X87

I am waiting on them to blow the face off stone mtn.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Meh, he's always been like that and it's why he does not get any respect out of me. Just because you live in Virginia does not make you a Virginian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, here's an example of the larger context.

Kick that up a notch and imagine being black around that kind of rhetoric.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading comprehension there bud.  Can you name any PERSON that has a statue out in public put up by the government t that was meant to be a negative monument as opposed to praising/celebrating them?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Sad day for history and in history.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a fact. The only question is: will we make a good accounting of ourselves?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Didn't that picture of .gov blackface come from his days at W&L?   Tell me how an alumnus of Washington and Lee University can do this?  This man has a black heart. To remove a statue of one of the greatest American soldiers and son of Virginia who ever lived is disgusting.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Didn't that picture of .gov blackface come from his days at W&L?   Tell me how an alumnus of Washington and Lee University can do this?  This man has a black heart. To remove a statue of one of the greatest American soldiers and son of Virginia who ever lived is disgusting.
View Quote

He went to VMI
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Reading comprehension there bud.  Can you name any PERSON that has a statue out in public put up by the government t that was meant to be a negative monument as opposed to praising/celebrating them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Words have meaning there "bud".  You said worship, that isn't even remotely the same as praising or even honoring.  I also never said nor implied that the statues were placed there to denigrate Lee or Stuart.  They most certainly were not and I would never claim otherwise.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude had a pretty solid military acumen and was an American general. It used to be American history, now it’s just muh sour panty twist over semantics.

Lol...see post below...
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#49]
The timing might suck but Lee was a traitor and a loser.  Good riddance.

Oh, and

FUCK THE CONFEDERACY
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The timing might suck but Lee was a traitor and a loser.  Good riddance.

Oh, and

FUCK THE CONFEDERACY
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top