Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Waste money on removal, now waste even more money to put shit back. How American.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Waste money on removal, now waste even more money to put shit back. How American.
View Quote

Yeah I'll give you that one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
While I don't agree with erasing the statues/names for the sake of social justice.

As a "Yankee" I never understood the loyalty to getting 2nd place in the civil war.

View Quote

So, we should not honor people who fought in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. either?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here in Fairfax county they spend $500,000 to change a school name and then float a school bond referendum at the next election because they need more funds.
View Quote

The search for the launch codes continues.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's kind of ironic, man.

Sounds like you're saying that no one should pander to those who make an issue out of slavery, Jim Crow, etc., but people should pander to those who make an issue out of Southern generals who succeeded and went to war with the federal government. All of these things happened long ago.

You have to realize that for some, including myself to an extent, restoring the names of schools to those of Confederates is nothing but pandering to a niche group and their Southern pride.
View Quote

It wasn't an issue until someone who moved here made it an issue, I don't expect you to understand it, you can't if you aren't from here.

Virginia didn't go to war with the federal government, we left, and they brought war to Virgina.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
There are threats being made against the school board today, its locked down.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are threats being made against the school board today, its locked down.
View Quote

Fuckin shitlibs
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.battlefields.org/learn/biographies/john-singleton-mosby

Mosby's most famous raid occurred in March of 1863, inside Union lines at Fairfax County Courthouse, when he captured Brigadier General Edwin H. Stoughton. Mosby found Stoughton asleep in bed. Awakening the General with a slap to the rear, Mosby asked "Do you know Mosby, General?" The General replied "Yes! Have you got the rascal?" "No," said Mosby. "He's got you!"
View Quote

Mosby is a great example of the proper application of unconventional warfare. Some of his methods are still taught and used today.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Psst.... You are now in Virginia.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I don't agree with erasing the statues/names for the sake of social justice.

As a "Yankee" I never understood the loyalty to getting 2nd place in the civil war.

Psst.... You are now in Virginia.  

He's not helping the stereotype is he?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
WOODSTOCK, Va. (AP) — A Virginia school board voted Friday to restore the names of Confederate military leaders to a high school and an elementary school, four years after the names had been removed.

Shenandoah County’s school board voted 5-1 to rename Mountain View High School as Stonewall Jackson High School, and Honey Run Elementary as Ashby Lee Elementary.

Friday’s vote reverses a decision by the school board in 2020, a time when school systems across the South were removing Confederate names from schools in response to the Black Lives Matter movement.

School board members who voted to restore the Confederate names said the previous board ignored popular sentiment and due process when the names were stripped.

Elections in 2023 significantly changed the school board’s makeup.

https://fox59.com/news/national-world/ap-us-news/ap-an-education-board-in-virginia-votes-to-restore-confederate-names-to-2-schools/#:~:text=Shenandoah%20County's%20school%20board%20voted,Elementary%20as%20Ashby%20Lee%20Elementary.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every American lost the civil war, there was no first place.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll never understand how some Yankees do not realize their Republic lost that war also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll never understand how some Yankees do not realize their Republic lost that war also.

Exactly.

Slavery didn't go away, it was just rebranded and extended to everyone.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
We moved from Shenandoah county last September to Ohio. We lived there 12 years and I consider it my second home. I love Shenandoah County. The people who live there are some of the best you'll ever meet.

The name change was done during COVID the school board met and voted on the name change during a closed session and no one was allowed to attend because COVID.

Shenandoah county had a very large turnout when the county BoS were considering becoming a gun sanctuary county and I was there.

That said it is being invaded by shitlibs from NoVA who want to move out to the country and push out the "rednecks" and turn it into Fairfax county west.

Stand fast Shenandoah and if it comes down it I'm on my way and I'll bring the troops with me.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It wasn't an issue until someone who moved here made it an issue, I don't expect you to understand it, you can't if you aren't from here.

Virginia didn't go to war with the federal government, we left, and they brought war to Virgina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you're saying that no one should pander to those who make an issue out of slavery, Jim Crow, etc., but people should pander to those who make an issue out of Southern generals who succeeded and went to war with the federal government. All of these things happened long ago.

You have to realize that for some, including myself to an extent, restoring the names of schools to those of Confederates is nothing but pandering to a niche group and their Southern pride.

That's like me telling you that you can't understand Texas history or modern Texas social issues because you don't live here.

It seems a bit reductionist to state that everyone was OK with Virginia schools being named after Confederate generals until transplants ruined it for everyone, but far be it from me to attempt to change your position.

I'll try to stick to my example of Mirabeau Lamar, who, as stated, is who my kid's former middle school is named after.

While I'm proud to be a Texan, there's no denying that Lamar was the president of a failed nation and a major asshole to the Cherokees. I of course want my kids to study him, but I couldn't care less about their school being named after him.

Your Confederate generals, like Lamar, also fought for a failed nation and were major assholes to black people. If you want your schools named after these guys, I will concede that it's your state and your fight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Um, yeah, well you should probably face your car North and keep driving until you find yourself surrounded by people who also know nothing about history or honor and make your home there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's like me telling you that you can't understand Texas history or modern Texas social issues because you don't live here.

It seems a bit reductionist to state that everyone was OK with Virginia schools being named after Confederate generals until transplants ruined it for everyone, but far be it from me to attempt to change your position.

I'll try to stick to my example of Mirabeau Lamar, who, as stated, is who my kid's former middle school is named after.

While I'm proud to be a Texan, there's no denying that Lamar was the president of a failed nation and a major asshole to the Cherokees. I of course want my kids to study him, but I couldn't care less about their school being named after him.

Your Confederate generals, like Lamar, also fought for a failed nation and were major assholes to black people. If you want your schools named after these guys, I will concede that it's your state and your fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it better then to erase any semblance of history and just whitewash over every single point you've written - failed nations, asshole leaders and such?  Because the little Marxists want to do just that.  And not for good, but as just one more step toward permanent political power.   Or fight to keep history as is, teach it as it was, both good and bad?   Which is better - which is healthier for a Republic?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#17]
GOOD!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because we honor those who die in our wars. Americans who died in our wars. Confederate dead are American dead whether they were on the right or wrong side of the issue. These were American families and brothers against each other and they are interred in American cemeteries. The root word here is "American". They should not be discarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we honor those who die in our wars. Americans who died in our wars. Confederate dead are American dead whether they were on the right or wrong side of the issue. These were American families and brothers against each other and they are interred in American cemeteries. The root word here is "American". They should not be discarded.

I'll buy that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were also great Statesmen who loved the land they called home, whatever perspective you want to have or feel better about.

The vast majority of people never owned slaves and barely had enough to get by here, they just didn't want someone to tell them how to live.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They are propagandized in school and never think about the issue critically.

Often falling into the "every Victor in war was the hero trap"

Things like this confuse and anger the northerner:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/signal-2024-05-10-11-03-02-762-3210347.jpg
View Quote

Shelby Foote.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here in Fairfax county they spend $500,000 to change a school name and then float a school bond referendum at the next election because they need more funds.
View Quote

Normal BoE stuff.

Here they keep parading the next ESPLOST out and if you don't vote for it, then you hate kids obviously.

Then they spend $7,500,000 on a continuing education building that will have less than 30 full-time students a year. But hey, our school superintendent is best friends with the guy who owns the general construction company who built it so we definitely got a good deal AND the same super's son just graduated college with a special degree that the continuing education complex specializes in and he'll run the joint. What a deal!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is it better then to erase any semblance of history and just whitewash over every single point you've written - failed nations, asshole leaders and such?  Because the little Marxists want to do just that.  And not for good, but as just one more step toward permanent political power.   Or fight to keep history as is, teach it as it was, both good and bad?   Which is better - which is healthier for a Republic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's really pretty simple. Having "Stonewall Jackson Elementary" emblazoned on a kid's school doesn't teach them anything, and removing it doesn't erase history.

It's not that I don't think having a school named as such achieves a purpose. I do; I just don't think it's an educational one. We can talk about the purpose of statues, school names, holidays, and whatnot if you'd like, but I don't believe that the goal of these things is to educate or keep history alive.

Books, teachers, parents, the internet...these are the vehicles of education, and when the Marxists fuck with these things I am the first to speak up. I'm not fighting the school name fight, though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's really pretty simple. Having "Stonewall Jackson Elementary" emblazoned on a kid's school doesn't teach them anything, and removing it doesn't erase history.

It's not that I don't think having a school named as such achieves a purpose. I do; I just don't think it's an educational one. We can talk about the purpose of statues, school names, holidays, and whatnot if you'd like, but I don't believe that the goal of these things is to educate or keep history alive.

Books, teachers, parents, the internet...these are the vehicles of education, and when the Marxists fuck with these things I am the first to speak up. I'm not fighting the school name fight, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you.  But, this isn't about renaming schools.  It's about fighting back.  School names is just one battle, a skirmish, even.  Why accede on that?   We can agree to (slightly) disagree, as they say.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Slavery didn't go away, it was just rebranded and extended to everyone.

View Quote
Just traded whips for green pieces of paper.

Slavery just evolved.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#25]
1,160 responses to 8,507 surveys sent. Sadly, clearly people do not care enough to respond.
Hope it happens as this revisionist history has to stop.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#26]
If losing a battle disqualifies a name, then why don't we rename the Alamo?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want to know what kind of people moved to Shenandoah County who made it an issue?

For starters, James Carville (the ragin cajun himself) <- still lives there in the reddest county in Virginia.
Katie Couric the one who screwed over the VCDL with doctored video <- she has since moved after her husband dies.

and guys like this

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good.  The Confederate hate was by liberals and that Indian woman from South Carolina.
View Quote

The one who changed to an Anerican Anglo name for political purposes, yes...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here's hoping they do.  The "un-personing" 1984 stuff is utter poison.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You didn’t have to say anything else. That statement speaks volumes.

View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#31]
And not a damn one of them will talk about the slaves who built their iPhones
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Every American lost the civil war, there was no first place.

View Quote

This.  Walk into any large city and tell me who won...

Review your rights and how the Feds are trampling them and tell me the North "won".
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#34]
My great-great grandfather was a confederate and Choctaw

He never had any slaves. He'd just had the government and jbt's drive him and his folks out of their home and business in Mississippi all the way to Oklahoma. When the jbt's came back again He figured they'd been pushed about far enough

They lost, he was in a union pow camp at the end of the war

Of course,  there are lots of people who call him a monster for putting up a fight
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will they put the statue back in Charlottesville?
View Quote

And Richmond?  Problem is Richmond Gov is still a shithole.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't understand why the leftists are always picking on great American military leaders like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. They were following the orders of a democratically-elected government. Those states seceded because voters elected pro-secession politicians to office and to state conventions. Those politicians created and staffed a military, and gave that military orders. It seems like the more successful the military officer was, the more the leftists hate them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't understand why the leftists are always picking on great American military leaders like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. They were following the orders of a democratically-elected government. Those states seceded because voters elected pro-secession politicians to office and to state conventions. Those politicians created and staffed a military, and gave that military orders. It seems like the more successful the military officer was, the more the leftists hate them.
View Quote

They were doing what they thought was right, but we should be celebrating the generals who fought to preserve the union and end slavery, like Grant.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You wouldn’t. You can’t.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They were doing what they thought was right, but we should be celebrating the generals who fought to preserve the union and end slavery, like Grant.
View Quote

Why wouldn't we do both?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good.  The Confederate hate was by liberals and that Indian woman from South Carolina.
View Quote

Quoted:
Bunch of DC city folk moved out 66 to Shenandoah and ran for county offices and positions. The locals have slowly voted them back out and are trying to fix what was done. Wife lived in the county for almost 10 years before we were married. Mexicans and Rednecks makeup most of Shenandoah County
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Too many good replies to quote,
and I want to quote them all.

It's better to restore those previous names...
although that county's school PC renames
were better than renaming a Springfield, VA
H.S. after a non-Virginian, who milked his
honorable time fighting for civil rights and
racial equality to become a race hustler.

The renaming had all the hallmarks of
a Marxist historical purge.

As a Yankee-born Southerner, fuck Marxists,
and their useful idiot anti-Southern Yankees.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#43]
A better solution is to get rid of all public schools. Problem solved. No one is learning anyways.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

By that logic the Viet Nam wall is much the same.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Union ended the federal republic of the Founders. And the Union didn’t go to war to end slavery. Annnd the Union still maintained a genocidal policy against native tribes.

Fuck the Union.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If losing a battle disqualifies a name, then why don't we rename the Alamo?
View Quote

You just made a bunch of Texans involuntarily shit themselves.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You want to know what kind of people moved to Shenandoah County who made it an issue?

For starters, James Carville (the ragin cajun himself) <- still lives there in the reddest county in Virginia.
Katie Couric the one who screwed over the VCDL with doctored video <- she has since moved after her husband dies.

and guys like this

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/189967/messagefromcoe_jpg-3210603.JPG

View Quote

Bingo. The place is literally being colonized by prog locusts who move to a place they didn't build to enjoy the benefits while insisting that everyone who has lived their all their lives better bow down and kiss their fucking ring.

That's
how you get civil wars.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are not opposed to slavery in the slightest.

They just want to make working class white people their slaves. Same as it ever was.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top