Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At least I have some people actually from Texas correcting me on it now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

McLennan County S.O., DPS, FBI, ATFE.........Not Waco PD.

He forgot Texas National Guard and the US Army had several people there as observers and trainers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I normally bring an AR15 to eat a hamburger and attend regional motorcycle meetings in Waco. This was a pre planned gang attack.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2015/05/2015-05-19T223604Z_01_WAC121_RTRIDSP_3_USA-TEXAS-BIKERS.jpg&w=1484
View Quote

meh....  there is one in my truck everywhere I go....much like the spare tire,  it's there 'just in case'.

If this rifle came from a locked vehicle in the parking lot in Texas....it would be kinda... "meh".     If it was used by a non LEO to unlawfully shoot folks on scene,  and perhaps it was...that would be something worth noting.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nope.  I never bother looking at the URL.  

I've seen that meme posted by some of the dumbest people imaginable on FB and I'm surprised you thought it would be clever or true.

You could have looked up the facts and known WPD wasn't involved, but you posted that just to be a cunt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope.  I never bother looking at the URL.  

I've seen that meme posted by some of the dumbest people imaginable on FB and I'm surprised you thought it would be clever or true.

You could have looked up the facts and known WPD wasn't involved, but you posted that just to be a cunt.

Actually, I just thought it fit the hysteria of the thread and now I know more about the Waco siege.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You know, to be fair here, ARFCOM doesn't display on its masthead or anywhere, a picture depicting Satan and the Disciples feasting on the heart of Christ.
And it's not some "trendy" "counter culture" thing, and I don't give a damn if it's an album cover- it's there as a statement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goat is the sign of the devil.

and, Goatboy owns ARF.

Making ARF a devil worshiping website.

You are a member here so why do you worship the devil?

You know, to be fair here, ARFCOM doesn't display on its masthead or anywhere, a picture depicting Satan and the Disciples feasting on the heart of Christ.
And it's not some "trendy" "counter culture" thing, and I don't give a damn if it's an album cover- it's there as a statement.

You only think that because you weren't part of the Black Ops.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Again, my point was not to accuse them of being devil worshipers, but to show you that when someone makes a solid attempt at portraying themselves as something, they shouldn't be surprised when people start believing it. I don't put rainbow flags on my car, because I'm not gay. I don't wear an Obama shirt, because I'm not a stupid liberal. I don't throw gang signs and wear all red because I don't want to be mistaken as a gang member. I don't wear a patched vest when I ride my motorcycle, because I don't want to be mistaken for a member of an OMG.

But, look, after all that's been said, and with your previous post toward me, to wit:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You know them, I don't, but don't make me look like an asshole for trusting you. I'm on your side. Free the Vise Grips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, this guy gets it. I never thought the day would come I would have to convince somebody that somebody else isn't a devil worshiper. But here we are. It's like all those preachers in the '80s playing records backwards. The fact that someone would find satan worshiping easier to believe than goat farming is really something else.

Again, my point was not to accuse them of being devil worshipers, but to show you that when someone makes a solid attempt at portraying themselves as something, they shouldn't be surprised when people start believing it. I don't put rainbow flags on my car, because I'm not gay. I don't wear an Obama shirt, because I'm not a stupid liberal. I don't throw gang signs and wear all red because I don't want to be mistaken as a gang member. I don't wear a patched vest when I ride my motorcycle, because I don't want to be mistaken for a member of an OMG.

But, look, after all that's been said, and with your previous post toward me, to wit:

Quoted:

THe guy callng them hipsters is actually closest to the truth. Although if you called them that to their face, they would look down their nose at you. Unless you're on a panhead or knucklehead. Then you could sit with them at lunch. I'm only kidding, mostly, I know those guys personally and they are to a man, good guys with a passion for old motorcycles just like me. What reason would I have to lie to you?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You know them, I don't, but don't make me look like an asshole for trusting you. I'm on your side. Free the Vise Grips.

Deal! But they're already free. Now it's time to get those charges dropped!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SNIP

View Quote

There are Ops deeper, blacker, and more privileged than you will ever know.

That's all I can say, and I hope to God it wasn't too much.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can only speak to Ohio's laws, but....

In Ohio, we have a definition of a criminal gang, which is three or more people who participate in a pattern of criminal conduct. These gangs are further defined as people who identify to a group via logo, colors, gang names, or other identifying features.

Simply wearing the clothing is not a crime, but participating in criminal activity in any capacity (even simply knowing about the crime beforehand) means you get 10 years in prison.

So, while many people argue as you have, that clothing is not a crime, I have shown that clothing is an enhancement of a crime when dealing with criminal gangs.

If they were thrown in jail simply because of their clothing, then yes, I agree it is a violation of constitutional rights. However, there is always, and I mean ALWAYS, more to the story than the public is told. Judges, prosecutors, and other legal experts have looked at these people, and they're still in jail. Thats not by accident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vise Grip are closer to hipsters than an OMG. The picture makes a statement all right - irony. Oh so hipsterish. The kind that sneer at you if you have a bike that has an electric starter on it.

Music, BBQ, and bikes are all they care about.

Vise Grip as Devil worshippers is the dumbest thing I've ever read on Arfcom. Ever.

Then why do they wear the diamond 13? Why do they have images of Satan on their website?

I'm not asking a trick question here. We have people who have personal relationships with the Vise Grips, it shouldn't be hard to get an answer. Someone call them and ask them. I really want to know. If they're just a bunch of guys who ride bikes and have BBQs or whatever, that's fine. Call them for what they are, then: posers.

So if they are "posers".  How is it going to play out when its revealed they got thrown in jail with a million dollar bond because of their clothes?

What does the penal code say about clothes in this case?

I can only speak to Ohio's laws, but....

In Ohio, we have a definition of a criminal gang, which is three or more people who participate in a pattern of criminal conduct. These gangs are further defined as people who identify to a group via logo, colors, gang names, or other identifying features.

Simply wearing the clothing is not a crime, but participating in criminal activity in any capacity (even simply knowing about the crime beforehand) means you get 10 years in prison.

So, while many people argue as you have, that clothing is not a crime, I have shown that clothing is an enhancement of a crime when dealing with criminal gangs.

If they were thrown in jail simply because of their clothing, then yes, I agree it is a violation of constitutional rights. However, there is always, and I mean ALWAYS, more to the story than the public is told. Judges, prosecutors, and other legal experts have looked at these people, and they're still in jail. Thats not by accident.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I have learned today.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, this guy gets it. I never thought the day would come I would have to convince somebody that somebody else isn't a devil worshiper. But here we are. It's like all those preachers in the '80s playing records backwards. The fact that someone would find satan worshiping easier to believe than goat farming is really something else.

Quoted:

THe guy callng them hipsters is actually closest to the truth. Although if you called them that to their face, they would look down their nose at you. Unless you're on a panhead or knucklehead. Then you could sit with them at lunch. I'm only kidding, mostly, I know those guys personally and they are to a man, good guys with a passion for old motorcycles just like me. What reason would I have to lie to you?

I really hope things work out the way they are supposed too.  I know from personal experience that not all things are as they seem and good people can be swept up in the system for the wrong reasons.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Waco Police Seeking To Bar Information About Texas Biker Shooting

yahoo

Supposedly, part of the shooting is captured on dash cam. Why won't they release it? Cops wonder why they're not trusted when they do stuff like this.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

meh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yahoo

Supposedly, part of the shooting is captured on dash cam. Why won't they release it? Cops wonder why they're not trusted when they do stuff like this.

meh

Meh. Law enforcement are required by law to release documents and refuse.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yahoo

View Quote

Possibly so that they don't poison the Grand Jury pool? Do you want fair trials...or do you want to satisfy your curiosity?  Can't really have both.  

Not releasing evidentiary video until after it has been used at trial is pretty standard practice.

The videos that do get released before trials are usually ones that get out into the public realm before the cops know of it's existence.

All I know is I'm thrilled to be heavily invested in tin foil futures.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yahoo

meh

Not if it's prosecution evidence they don't...not until after the trial.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is wrong?

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

The scene at the Market Place between Don Carlos and Twin Peaks was absolute chaos, Swanton said earlier.

"It is one of the most violent scenes I've seen in my 34 years as a police officer in Waco," Swanton said.

ETA: Ah, you're saying Waco PD didn't participate, right, so, you were there?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mount Carmel is fairly far outside the Waco city limits, and the Waco police were not involved in the siege.

Still funny, even if it is completely wrong, though.

FACTS IT BURNSES US!

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/5/4739/IT_BURNS.gif

This is wrong?

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Waco-Shooting-Near-Twin-Peaks-In-Waco-304043711.html

The scene at the Market Place between Don Carlos and Twin Peaks was absolute chaos, Swanton said earlier.

"It is one of the most violent scenes I've seen in my 34 years as a police officer in Waco," Swanton said.

ETA: Ah, you're saying Waco PD didn't participate, right, so, you were there?

I think he meant the Waco PD didn't participate at Mount Carmel which makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I normally bring an AR15 to eat a hamburger and attend regional motorcycle meetings in Waco. This was a pre planned gang attack.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2015/05/2015-05-19T223604Z_01_WAC121_RTRIDSP_3_USA-TEXAS-BIKERS.jpg&w=1484
View Quote

R U Serious?

I think this is the part where I'm supposed to say "DU is that way".
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

McLennan County S.O., DPS, FBI, ATFE.........Not Waco PD.

Damn, if only history books and after action reports existed outside of the state where the incident occurred. Someone should really pass those things around.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Meh. Active investigation trumps that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yahoo

meh

Meh. Active investigation trumps that.

Active investigation trumps civil rights too. Still 147 people locked up on $1,000,000 bail. I'm willing to bet there are more guys like the three I know who had nothing to do with this. Another guy has already filed a federal lawsuit claiming he wasn't even outside when all that went down and claims he is not a member of the outlaw gangs. Restaurant video would show that.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Active investigation trumps civil rights too. Still 147 people locked up on $1,000,000 bail. I'm willing to bet there are more guys like the three I know who had nothing to do with this. Another guy has already filed a federal lawsuit claiming he wasn't even outside when all that went down and claims he is not a member of the outlaw gangs. Restaurant video would show that.

View Quote

Does not matter if he was blowing his buddy in the bathroom when it went down. You don't understand how RICO cases work.

If you are a member of OMG gang and felony occurs, you are just as guilty as the guy who pulled the trigger under the law.

If you are the idiot that wore the colors that cemented your membership in a criminal conspiracy that resulted in homicides by your gang, now you pay the price.

All the state has to prove is the following:

1) First you must prove the criminal organization or enterprise exists.

Check! These gangs are listed as criminal enterprises already.

2) You need to prove two 'predicate acts' by the gang such as murder.

Check!

You lose Johnny. Game over.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Does not matter if he was blowing his buddy in the bathroom when it went down. You don't understand how RICO cases work.

If you are a member of OMG gang and felony occurs, you are just as guilty as the guy who pulled the trigger under the law.

If you are the idiot that wore the colors that cemented your membership in a criminal conspiracy that resulted in homicides by your gang, now you pay the price.

Check!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check!

LOL
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

yahoo

View Quote

Cite.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Cite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yahoo

Cite.

Cite an opinion?  Or are you going for the recently popular ban/timeout "generalization" kill-shot?  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Check!

View Quote

Which explains why they lock these guys up and throw away the key as soon as they see them riding around in the colors that they don't try to hide.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Cite an opinion?  Or are you going for the recently popular ban/timeout "generalization" kill-shot?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yahoo

Cite.

"Cops wonder..." means it has some basis on fact.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I still want to see video of what really went on.
I figured most of the bikers arrested would have been let out by now, but then again I don't know anything about the RICO act.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Cops & apologists vs bikers lol

It's like watching a war between North Korea and Zimbabwe. Who even cares who wins but its funny to watch
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Toy runs are no joke.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I figured most of the bikers arrested would have been let out by now, but then again I don't know anything about the RICO act.
View Quote

RICO is federal law.

They're being charged under Texas statutes, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

RICO is federal law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RICO is federal law.

Texas has their own RICO law.

Texas Racketeering / RICO Laws: Statute

Texas Organized Crime Statute (Penal Code, Title 11, Chapter 71, Section 71.02)

Examples from Texas RICO.

A) "Criminal street gang" means three or more persons having a common identifying sign or symbol or an identifiable leadership who continuously or regularly associate in the commission of criminal activities.

Check.

B) (a)  A person commits an offense if, with the intent to establish, maintain, or participate in a combination or in the profits of a combination or as a member of a criminal street gang, the person commits or conspires to commit one or more of the following:

(1)  murder, capital murder, arson, aggravated robbery, robbery, burglary, theft, aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, aggravated assault, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, continuous sexual abuse of young child or children, solicitation of a minor, forgery, deadly conduct, assault punishable as a Class A misdemeanor, burglary of a motor vehicle, or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle;

Check!

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A) "Criminal street gang" means three or more persons having a common identifying sign or symbol or an identifiable leadership who continuously or regularly associate in the commission of criminal activities.

Check.

B) (a)  A person commits an offense if, with the intent to establish, maintain, or participate in a combination or in the profits of a combination or as a member of a criminal street gang, the person commits or conspires to commit one or more of the following:

(1)  murder, capital murder, arson, aggravated robbery, robbery, burglary, theft, aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, aggravated assault, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, continuous sexual abuse of young child or children, solicitation of a minor, forgery, deadly conduct, assault punishable as a Class A misdemeanor, burglary of a motor vehicle, or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle;

Check!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RICO is federal law.

Check.

Check!

You know, the DNC falls under this.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Check.

Check!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RICO is federal law.

Check.

Check!

That's all well and good except there were nine clubs or more at this bimonthly meeting which has taken place for 30 years or so, with only 2 or 3 being legitimate OUTLAW clubs. The rest were mom and pop riding clubs. 147 people still in jail locked up on $1million bail. Most of y'all might not care because "fuck 'em and everybody that looks like 'em" with regards to dirty bikers. But, if they can get away with this with dirty bikers, then they can get away with this with dirty gun owners or dirty conservatives or dirty "fill in the blank".

Like I said earlier in this thread, NOT EVERYBODY LOCKED UP IN THIS INCIDENT AND CHARGED WITH BEING A PART OF ORGANIZED CRIME WAS A MEMBER OF AN OUTLAW 1%er MOTORCYCLE GANG.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

Deeper, blacker, and more privileged sounds like the tag line for some cheesy blaxploitation 70's porn.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's all well and good except there were nine clubs or more at this bimonthly meeting which has taken place for 30 years or so, with only 2 or 3 being legitimate OUTLAW clubs. The rest were mom and pop riding clubs. 147 people still in jail locked up on $1million bail. Most of y'all might not care because "fuck 'em and everybody that looks like 'em" with regards to dirty bikers. But, if they can get away with this with dirty bikers, then they can get away with this with dirty gun owners or dirty conservatives or dirty "fill in the blank".

Like I said earlier in this thread, NOT EVERYBODY LOCKED UP IN THIS INCIDENT AND CHARGED WITH BEING A PART OF ORGANIZED CRIME WAS A MEMBER OF AN OUTLAW 1%er MOTORCYCLE GANG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Let's not be coy about the situation. If you know OMG bikers then you know these 'mom and pop' riding clubs are affailated to the OMG's as support groups. The police, FBI, local government know which 'mom and pop' MC clubs have signed on as 'affialites' to mask criminal enterprise.

They are stupid because they where patches that designate their loyalty to the OMG's.

Example: The 'mom and pop' MC's that proudly wear "81" patches as affiliate support groups of the Hells Angels.

The "Scimitars motorcycle club" (arrested in these murders) are a publicly known support group of the OMG Cossacks. This is widely known.

The Bandidos are expanding in each of these regions by forming additional chapters and allowing members of supporting clubs, known as “puppet” or “duck” club members who have sworn allegiance to another club but who support and do the “dirty work” of a mother club – to form new or join existing Bandidos chapters.

Here is the patch this 'mom and pop' MC club proudly wears.

Bandidio Support groups at Waco wore the  "Heart Patch".

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder how many people who are members of ARF that have the BF logo on their vehicles realize that they too could be classified a gang and prosecuted through RICO.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Really?

AR15.com has an official designation as an outlaw gang?

So I guess being a member of the NRA could get me prosecuted under RICO?

What about the Cleaning Equipment Trade Association?

What about my Country Club?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how many people who are members of ARF that have the BF logo on their vehicles realize that they too could be classified a gang and prosecuted through RICO.

Really?

Why not?  This is 2015, when organized crime or domestic terrorism can mean just about anything, and include just about anyone.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Hell,the rabid liberal antigunners want that anyway-wouldn't surprise me to see that in the future.

It's not like lump all gun owners in together when some shooting takes place......
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hell,the rabid liberal antigunners want that anyway-wouldn't surprise me to see that in the future.

It's not like they lump all gun owners in together when some shooting takes place......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

It's not like they lump all gun owners in together when some shooting takes place......

Or support certian federal agencies who put tens of thousands of guns into the hands of drug cartels to blame law abiding gun owners for the dead on both sides of the border.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#41]
This is why I'm in a "no colors" gang.

Just plain clothes with no identifying marks.we call ourselves the "Ghost Riders".Just been me and a buddy for years,but someday we'll really get serious on expanding the membership............
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just plain clothes with no identifying marks.we call ourselves the "Ghost Riders".Just been me and a buddy for years,but someday we'll really get serious on expanding the membership............
View Quote

Yeah, no tatooes, colors, or connections to crimes, but  bad attitudes right? Very Anti social, and mostly white.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, no tatooes, colors, or connections to crimes, but  bad attitudes right? Very Anti social, and mostly white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol "mostly white".

Bad attitudes against the gov for sure (wish everyone did).
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol "mostly white".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol "mostly white".

Yeah you know, George zimmerman white. lol

Fast and Furious was the last straw for me. They killed a shitload of innocent people just so the president would have a statistic. If they are capable of that, they are capable of doing anything, to anyone, for any reason.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fast and Furious was the last straw for me. They killed a shitload of innocent people just so the president would have a statistic. If they are capable of that, they are capable of doing anything, to anyone, for any reason.
View Quote

My last straw was the first Waco.

They have been fully capable of doing anything,to anyone,for any reason for a long time now.And they have done things.

Kind of like a little kid pushing to see how much they can get away with-if you don't stop them at the start,it will get worse and you will lose control.We the People have lost control and the gov knows it.They can do whatever they want and there are no real penalties-sure there might be some screaming and yelling in the beginning,and maybe a super impressive hearing or two,but it all blows over quickly and is pretty much forgotten.

Then come election time we pretty much elect the same shitbags again and wonder why things don't change (for the better-things are changing daily).
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Didn't read this whole thread but this is my understanding of how it went down:
-Twin Peaks Waco is known biker meet up place. PD wants management to ban the bikers/not allow meet ups or hire PD security. Management is uncooperative with LE.
-PD has security contingency in the area for when something pops off. (Possibly Swat guys not in SWAT gear)
-Brawl starts which goes to weapons (always does with bikers) and then firearms.
-PD treats as active threat due to large number of innocent people around and smokes everyone with a gun who's shooting.
-Detain everyone and arrest everyone in colors. This does two things. 1. It gets everyone there in the system as being affiliated with an OMG. 2. It allows gaining of intel from these subjects/about subjects.

Just because the Judge is willing to let 'most of them go' doesn't mean it was a wrongful arrest. It means they bit off more then they can chew and a lot of these guys only criminal offense is wrong place, wrong time, wrong outfit. Which is actually illegal apparently but thats up to governing local authorities to pursue.  A lot of bikers are chitbags but you still have a lot of wanna be's who are your average joe who aren't a hardened criminal as well. They just don't wanna face several hundred attorneys/lawsuits when they know a lot of these guys are small potatoes.

All in all the PD did an amazing job with handling this situation. And when I say that I mean PR wise as it could have been an absolute PR nightmare.

Quoted:
View Quote

lol no. Unless members of this site are involved in some kind of on-going large scale criminal enterprise....
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why not?  This is 2015, when organized crime or domestic terrorism can mean just about anything, and include just about anyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Crimes are actually defined you know.  
I am unaware of Arfcom doing any of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act#RICO_predicate_offenses
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Didn't read this whole thread but this is my understanding of how it went down:
-Twin Peaks Waco is known biker meet up place. PD wants management to ban the bikers/not allow meet ups or hire PD security. Management is uncooperative with LE.
-PD has security contingency in the area for when something pops off. (Possibly Swat guys not in SWAT gear)
-Brawl starts which goes to weapons (always does with bikers) and then firearms.
-PD treats as active threat due to large number of innocent people around and smokes everyone with a gun who's shooting.
-Detain everyone and arrest everyone in colors. This does two things. 1. It gets everyone there in the system as being affiliated with an OMG. 2. It allows gaining of intel from these subjects/about subjects.

Just because the Judge is willing to let 'most of them go' doesn't mean it was a wrongful arrest. It means they bit off more then they can chew and a lot of these guys only criminal offense is wrong place, wrong time, wrong outfit. Which is actually illegal apparently but thats up to governing local authorities to pursue.  A lot of bikers are chitbags but you still have a lot of wanna be's who are your average joe who aren't a hardened criminal as well. They just don't wanna face several hundred attorneys/lawsuits when they know a lot of these guys are small potatoes.

All in all the PD did an amazing job with handling this situation. And when I say that I mean PR wise as it could have been an absolute PR nightmare.

View Quote

Oh yeah, they've got the "PR" stuff down.

They're controlling the entire narrative.

For now.....

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#50]
There seems to be a (at least one) misconception running rampant through this thread. Do some of you believe that belonging to an OMG, and even bring present when a crime is committed, somehow constitutes probable cause for arrest? It does not.

Engaging in organized criminal activity doesn't somehow join every gang member that was present to make him guilty of a crime that another commits. Engaging in organized criminal activity is kind of an enhancement of a crime based upon a person's status as a gang member. The person, each gang member, must still be shown by either act or omission, to have engaged in the commission of the crime.

I wasn't there and don't know what happened. I do know that if you committed no crime, you cannot correctly be prosecuted for merely gang affiliation.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top