User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1703
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Moar buying opportunity.

Months from now there will be hundreds of posters saying they wish they bought more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Oceans87:

Yep. Get some good bullish news and it drops for the day..

Moar buying opportunity.

Months from now there will be hundreds of posters saying they wish they bought more.

Where do you get this crystal ball?

I think I heard this same line a week ago, and two weeks ago, and three weeks ago, and four weeks ago
Lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By captnstabn:
MSFT beat earnings...down 9 dollars in AH
View Quote

Seems like all the earning calls the last couple days have been beats and then the stock drops.

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Today wasn't the day.

If I ever talk about buying penny stocks again, someone knee cap me, please.
Good God.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

Seems like all the earning calls the last couple days have been beats and then the stock drops.

View Quote

Sounds like they are on sale then.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

Estimates have been too low for some time....cue the “that’s bait” meme......
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Right on fucking queue. Some dirty dick face pops out of the woodwork.
Where were you in late April or most of June when AC was handing out dick punches to all the whishers of lower MVIS pps?

Go wash your face.

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:47:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Youtawn] [#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Right on fucking queue. Some dirty dick face pops out of the woodwork.
Where were you in late April or most of June when AC was handing out dick punches to all the whishers of lower MVIS pps?

Go wash your face.

https://media.giphy.com/media/12SkV3oHfANBsc/giphy.gif
View Quote

Just laugh at the pathetic nature of his posts and move on.  It's people that respond and keep quoting him that are the worst.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Just laugh at the pathetic nature of his posts and move on.  It's people that respond and keep quoting him that are the worst.
View Quote

I know better than to engage the troll
At least I didn't quote him.
I was outside mowing and it's Africa fucking hot out there, guess I was just steamed up enough to fire off a response.
I'm OK now

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dirtface45:

I think I heard this same line a week ago, and two weeks ago, and three weeks ago, and four weeks ago
Lol
View Quote

Tomorrow's the day, I know it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone still following ZOM? Man did that fall. Did I get tricked by the hype or is there still hope for Truforma’s success?
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:
Anyone still following ZOM? Man did that fall. Did I get tricked by the hype or is there still hope for Truforma’s success?
View Quote

There still may be some hope, but that was pumped up because of. Carol Baskin
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone still following ZOM? Man did that fall. Did I get tricked by the hype or is there still hope for Truforma's success?
View Quote
I'm bagholding that.....down about 37%
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
View All Quotes
Anyone still following ZOM? Man did that fall. Did I get tricked by the hype or is there still hope for Truforma's success?

Same, although I'm down more
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#15]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Lol

I mean, the last time he was here posting about buying shorts on mvis, it proceeded to go up like $8 in the next two weeks... Hopefully the pattern holds.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#18]
Earnings call for MicroVision is estimated to be 8/4/21 based on historical dates.  I think we normally have an EC date announcement by now, I’d expect Thursday/Friday for an announcement of the EC date at the latest, with the actual call date around the 5th or 6th of August.

My August 6th and August 20th PUTS are very bullish as I really do think we’ll get some positive news.  We’ve had the same old same old for so long, and the last positive PPS increase was what? Q2 2020?  Q1 maybe?  Either way it was a mediocre increase on typical boilerplate earnings call for MicroVision.

My PUTS mentioned above are very close to ITM, and I’m VERY cautious on any CALLS I place before August 6th with an expiration in August.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#19]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

A lot of these stock buying ideas is devoid of logic.
TSM is the worlds largest chip manufacturer during a HUGE chip shortage yet their stock continues to decline.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:20:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

I knew it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#24]
snip
View Quote

Without even looking at the stock price I can tell when its time to buy more MVIS by when you post in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Without even looking at the stock price I can tell when its time to buy more MVIS by when you post in this thread.
View Quote

Yes he came out from under his bridge so something big is about to happen. Won't be a long time to buy in 13s this morning before we are back at $14.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#26]
It seems something like that would drive the stock price up.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210728-081016_thinkorswim_j-2030671.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#28]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210728-081016_thinkorswim_j-2030671.JPG
View Quote

You would think so.  But this is clown world market now.  lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks DF45! You gave mvis a nice boost
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Yesterday, everything on my list was red except for my total stock market index fund, which was up.
Right now, everything is green except for my total stock market index fund, which is down.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:54:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#31]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Yesterday, everything on my list was red except for my total stock market index fund, which was up.
Right now, everything is green except for my total stock market index fund, which is down.

View Quote

Whiplash

Overview

Whiplash is a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip.

Whiplash is commonly caused by rear-end car accidents. But whiplash can also result from rapid gyrations in the stock market, index funds being down while individual stocks are up one day, and index funds being up while individual stocks are down the next, sports accidents, physical abuse and other types of traumas, such as a fall. Whiplash may be called a neck sprain or strain, but these terms also include other types of neck injuries.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

cool! liquidated my 23&Me crapo and bought another 50 shares of SENS. might sell another call!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Whiplash

Overview

Whiplash is a neck injury due to forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck, like the cracking of a whip.

Whiplash is commonly caused by rear-end car accidents. But whiplash can also result from rapid gyrations in the stock market, index funds being down while individual stocks are up one day, and index funds being up while individual stocks are down the next, sports accidents, physical abuse and other types of traumas, such as a fall. Whiplash may be called a neck sprain or strain, but these terms also include other types of neck injuries.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Whiplash

Overview

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#34]
help me understand options!

looking at SENS, which seems like it will do well and we have a bunch of people on board. I currently own 350 shares and have 100 tied up in a 8/20call strike price $4.

if I SELL a PUT with a $2.5 strike price for 10/15 I get $30 right now. And then I'm on the hook to buy 100 shares at that time if it's at that price or below, or I can sell the option later if it's going hard up.
if I SELL a CALL with a $4 strike price for 10/15 I get $35 right now.

is there any reason not to do both these things at the same time (with a separate block of 100?) seems like it would generate $65 right now, and if on 10/15 it's below 2.50 I make money (and have to spend $250 to get the shares) and if it's ABOVE $4 I make money, since my average is $3.

is this smart or am I dumb?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:19:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#35]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
help me understand options!

looking at SENS, which seems like it will do well and we have a bunch of people on board. I currently own 350 shares and have 100 tied up in a 8/20call strike price $4.

if I SELL a PUT with a $2.5 strike price for 10/15 I get $30 right now. And then I'm on the hook to buy 100 shares at that time if it's at that price or below, or I can sell the option later if it's going hard up.
if I SELL a CALL with a $4 strike price for 10/15 I get $35 right now.

is there any reason not to do both these things at the same time (with a separate block of 100?) seems like it would generate $65 right now, and if on 10/15 it's below 2.50 I make money (and have to spend $250 to get the shares) and if it's ABOVE $4 I make money, since my average is $3.

is this smart or am I dumb?
View Quote

That's what I'm doing.  Selling calls on shares I own and selling puts to get more shares to sell calls on.

It's not fast money.  But the risk is much lower on something I think is going to be worth a bunch in the future.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:20:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#36]
MINE up 33%! *

*  (33% of nothing is still nothing)
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#37]
From the looks of things, some of you made some good cash on a number of plays and also have margin. So, even though AMZN is expensive ($3650 p/s), the weekly premiums on just out of the money strikes on calls / puts are averaging between $7k - $9k. That's decent change just running the wheel on a weekly basis, on a stock that isn't super volatile.

@cmsnare-- if someone had $350k in cash/margin buying power, you see any downside to running this pattern on a weekly basis? big tax hit to track for sure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#38]

That's what I'm doing.  Selling calls on shares I own and selling puts to get more shares to sell calls on.

It's not fast money.  But the risk is much lower on something I think is going to be worth a bunch in the future.
View Quote

@KaiK
ok cool thank you. I've never done a PUT so I'm a bit scared, since I don't want to fuck stuff up and owe a shit ton of money. By my math, at worst, I would be on the hook for $250. arguably less the $65 I got from selling both the call and the put. Am I doing that correctly?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#39]

@KaiK
ok cool thank you. I've never done a PUT so I'm a bit scared, since I don't want to fuck stuff up and owe a shit ton of money. By my math, at worst, I would be on the hook for $250. arguably less the $65 I got from selling both the call and the put. Am I doing that correctly?
View Quote

Yes. That is correct.   $250 minus the premium is the most you can lose.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Yes. That is correct.   $250 minus the premium is the most you can lose.
View Quote

OK then, fuck me.... lined up the call and the put and submitted them! had to bring some cash into the account since RH wants the money there, not  just collateral in something else it looks like.

Do I have to "sell to open" or anything like that or just hang out a while?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#41]

OK then, fuck me.... lined up the call and the put and submitted them! had to bring some cash into the account since RH wants the money there, not  just collateral in something else it looks like.

Do I have to "sell to open" or anything like that or just hang out a while?
View Quote

I'm not sure how Robinhood does things.  

TD used to make me do things like sell to open. But andvaced features make it automatic now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Neck deep in medical attention right now, but wanted to make a few points.

Said the PR needed chewing on. Boiled down to another expensive hire, and money to set up a satellite office (and how many round trip first class tickets to do face-to-face? These things tend to matter over time). It's huge promise, but until we have a contract, vertical sale, minority partner, outright sale, merger or public information about a contract renegotiation of the MSFT HII/IVAS contract, we're basically sliding back and forth on the easily manipulated 5% of the float being traded on a day-to-day basis. The hardcore hold the majority of the float, have seen this situation play out many times before, and for the foreseeable future aren't budging.

Based on the recent DOD guidance, I think that renegotiation may be first in line...unfortunately, I'm very concerned it may get buried from public scrutiny by NDA/ITAR compliance bs, and may have to be forceably dug out of the balance sheet after the third quarter. Having said that, pressure on Sumit to sell the LBS vertical has to be growing...the stakes certainly seem to be.

Shorts look to be almost out of ammunition, but their cover and reborrow strategy looks to keep them coming back until it literally becomes to expensive to continue, and that's going to take one of the positive revenue outcomes from above.

Good luck to everyone. Holding long and strong. Be careful...nobody is conceding the field right now.

I don't expect any bombshells out of the EC, and nobody here should either...another BUT, and it's a big one...the period immediately after and leading into the September "public" exhibition of the Lidar unit hold a great deal of real appreciation potential IMO.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Neck deep in medical attention right now, but wanted to make a few points.

Said the PR needed chewing on. Boiled down to another expensive hire, and money to set up a satellite office (and how many round trip first class tickets to do face-to-face? These things tend to matter over time). It's huge promise, but until we have a contract, vertical sale, minority partner, outright sale, merger or public information about a contract renegotiation of the MSFT HII/IVAS contract, we're basically sliding back and forth on the easily manipulated 5% of the float being traded on a day-to-day basis. The hardcore hold the majority of the float, have seen this situation play out many times before, and for the foreseeable future aren't budging.

Based on the recent DOD guidance, I think that renegotiation may be first in line...unfortunately, I'm very concerned it may get buried from public scrutiny by NDA/ITAR compliance bs, and may have to be forceably dug out of the balance sheet after the third quarter. Having said that, pressure on Sumit to sell the LBS vertical has to be growing...the stakes certainly seem to be.

Shorts look to be almost out of ammunition, but their cover and reborrow strategy looks to keep them coming back until it literally becomes to expensive to continue, and that's going to take one of the positive revenue outcomes from above.

Good luck to everyone. Holding long and strong. Be careful...nobody is conceding the field right now.

I don't expect any bombshells out of the EC, and nobody here should either...another BUT, and it's a big one...the period immediately after and leading into the September "public" exhibition of the Lidar unit hold a great deal of real appreciation potential IMO.
View Quote

I always appreciate your perspective. Hope all your medical procedures go well. Did you buy a Cayman yet?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:52:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare] [#44]
Originally Posted By skydive70:
From the looks of things, some of you made some good cash on a number of plays and also have margin. So, even though AMZN is expensive ($3650 p/s), the weekly premiums on just out of the money strikes on calls / puts are averaging between $7k - $9k. That's decent change just running the wheel on a weekly basis, on a stock that isn't super volatile.

@cmsnare-- if someone had $350k in cash/margin buying power, you see any downside to running this pattern on a weekly basis? big tax hit to track for sure.
View Quote

Lot to unpack there.

How much of the $350k is cash vs margin buying power?  Would you be using the cash to buy shares to sell calls on, or using the margin to buy shares to sell calls on?  Would the margin just be used to secure the short puts 1:1, or are you writing "naked" puts, where you're holding a portion of the equity needed to cover the put (requires a higher options approval on your account, but is possible where you don't need to have collateral 1:1 for the strike price of the short put)?  

One issue with margin buying power is that it's dynamic - it's based on the market value of the other holdings in the account and the Fed or house minimum equity requirement for the positions.  So if the value of those drop, even if AMZN shares held on margin stays the same, you can still get a maintenance call (especially if the margin buying power was securing the short puts - particularly at a less than 1:1 ratio).  How stable are the other holdings that are contributing to the margin buying power, and what backup plan do you have if you get called (can you deposit cash/other marginable securities to meet the minimum equity requirement, or would you be forced to liquidate when the value of your account is at a lower point?)

Also, if you're taking a margin loan to buy shares to sell calls on, what's your margin interest rate?  Margin interest accrues daily (including weekends) and is usually scaled by what the debit balance is (the higher the balance, the lower the rate), so that clock is ticking against you.  You can figure out how much interest you're accruing (approximately) by taking: = ((Margin Interest Rate/365)*Margin Loan balance)*Days Margin Loan Outstanding

If buying shares on margin to sell calls against, one question would be, depending on how much of a margin loan you're taking, what's the after interest and tax return on the trade, both assuming assignment and expiration OTM. Once you know those two rates of return, figure out how many times you'd have to cycle to get rid of the margin loan.  Keep in mind that when you have a margin loan outstanding and cash comes into the account (options premium, dividends, sale proceeds from stock etc), it goes first to extinguish the margin loan.  If you wish to withdraw cash, you're increasing the margin loan.  

Once you account for the interest, tax and risk of a maintenance call, is the premium you're generating worth the risk?   Only you could answer that for yourself, but know that you're taking a reasonably lower risk strategy (selling covered calls in particular) and increasing the risk by adding the margin.  If selling puts against buying power, would you be okay owning AMZN shares that could be well underwater from where you sold them, and you're paying interest for the privilege of keeping them (if AMZN's stock price were to drop dramatically)  If the answer is that only one or two weekly cycles would be needed to extinguish the margin, that may be very different from needing to execute several cycles.  You could also scale the position (similar to what Ryan illustrated earlier), where you take the premium proceeds to buy shares to then sell calls on, or use the puts to find an entry point on stock you'd like to hold, and get paid while waiting for the price to potentially come down ala Kaik, but is AMZN a stock you want to have long term, or is it just a trade?

I may not have provided any answers, but hopefully some of the questions help you to identify whether or not the strategy is a fit for you.  There is certainly money that could be made, but is it worth the risk to you?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank you Osprey!  Your keen messages & updates on MVIS mean more to SO many of us than you realize.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Lot to unpack there.

How much of the $350k is cash vs margin buying power?  Would you be using the cash to buy shares to sell calls on, or using the margin to buy shares to sell calls on?  Would the margin just be used to secure the short puts 1:1, or are you writing "naked" puts, where you're holding a portion of the equity needed to cover the put (requires a higher options approval on your account, but is possible where you don't need to have collateral 1:1 for the strike price of the short put)?  

One issue with margin buying power is that it's dynamic - it's based on the market value of the other holdings in the account and the Fed or house minimum equity requirement for the positions.  So if the value of those drop, even if AMZN shares held on margin stays the same, you can still get a maintenance call (especially if the margin buying power was securing the short puts - particularly at a less than 1:1 ratio).  How stable are the other holdings that are contributing to the margin buying power, and what backup plan do you have if you get called (can you deposit cash/other marginable securities to meet the minimum equity requirement, or would you be forced to liquidate when the value of your account is at a lower point?)

Also, if you're taking a margin loan to buy shares to sell calls on, what's your margin interest rate?  Margin interest accrues daily (including weekends) and is usually scaled by what the debit balance is (the higher the balance, the lower the rate), so that clock is ticking against you.  You can figure out how much interest you're accruing (approximately) by taking: = ((Margin Interest Rate/365)*Margin Loan balance)*Days Margin Loan Outstanding

If buying shares on margin to sell calls against, one question would be, depending on how much of a margin loan you're taking, what's the after interest and tax return on the trade, both assuming assignment and expiration OTM. Once you know those two rates of return, figure out how many times you'd have to cycle to get rid of the margin loan.  Keep in mind that when you have a margin loan outstanding and cash comes into the account (options premium, dividends, sale proceeds from stock etc), it goes first to extinguish the margin loan.  If you wish to withdraw cash, you're increasing the margin loan.  

Once you account for the interest, tax and risk of a maintenance call, is the premium you're generating worth the risk?   Only you could answer that for yourself, but know that you're taking a reasonably lower risk strategy (selling covered calls in particular) and increasing the risk by adding the margin.  If selling puts against buying power, would you be okay owning AMZN shares that could be well underwater from where you sold them, and you're paying interest for the privilege of keeping them (if AMZN's stock price were to drop dramatically)  If the answer is that only one or two weekly cycles would be needed to extinguish the margin, that may be very different from needing to execute several cycles.  You could also scale the position (similar to what Ryan illustrated earlier), where you take the premium proceeds to buy shares to then sell calls on, or use the puts to find an entry point on stock you'd like to hold, and get paid while waiting for the price to potentially come down ala Kaik, but is AMZN a stock you want to have long term, or is it just a trade?

I may not have provided any answers, but hopefully some of the questions help you to identify whether or not the strategy is a fit for you.  There is certainly money that could be made, but is it worth the risk to you?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmsnare:
Originally Posted By skydive70:

Lot to unpack there.

Thanks for the detailed answers. I actually have enough cash on hand to buy the needed 100 shares of Amazon to get the cycle going and my plan is to just use AMZN call/put cycle to generate cash to buy more MVIS. I really don't want to use the margin buying power that etrade is offering me because it's so damn unclear what all the numbers mean.

You've given me a bunch of things to think about and I appreciate it, thank you.

PS... way back in 1999 I bought 10 shares of AMZN and still hold them. By far my longest holding ever. So in the end, if I end up owning another 100 AMZN I'll ok with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#47]
MINE up 33%! *

View Quote
Look at that! I'm only down 92% now!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#48]
SPRT spurts.. I’m in at a little over 4 for a modest amount of shares and wonder where it is headed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
MINE up 33%! *

Yer kicking *ass*; I'm down 96%
Page / 1703
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top