Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
Sold some $9 MVIS calls for today.
.06c with an hour and 45min to go.
YOLO
View Quote
You're on pretty safe ground there I think. Three times it's built up and tried to break above $8.70, and every time a block sell appears out of nowhere to knock it back down.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
I'm a pattern day trader!

Dear Valued Client,

We want to let you know that recent activity in your account ending in 1234 fits the definition of pattern day trading. This subjects your account to increased equity requirements. There's some important information you should have.

What Is Pattern Day Trading?

The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) currently defines day trading as purchasing and selling, or short selling and purchasing to cover, the same security on the same day. A pattern day trader is defined as someone who makes four or more round-trip day trades in a five-business-day period, unless this activity is less than 6% of total trading activity in that period.

Minimum Equity Requirement

The rules require pattern day trading accounts to maintain minimum equity of $25,000 on any day in which day trading occurs. If your account falls below $25,000 equity, we will issue a day trading minimum equity call and prohibit day trading in your account. If you execute a day trade when the equity is below $25,000, we will restrict your account to only closing transactions until you bring the equity up to $25,000. You can increase equity, and continue trading as usual, by depositing additional funds or consolidating assets.
View Quote

@apexcrusade

What are you using to trade? Etrade or tdameritrade etc...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By daveo:

@apexcrusade

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'm a pattern day trader!

Dear Valued Client,

We want to let you know that recent activity in your account ending in 1234 fits the definition of pattern day trading. This subjects your account to increased equity requirements. There's some important information you should have.

What Is Pattern Day Trading?

The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) currently defines day trading as purchasing and selling, or short selling and purchasing to cover, the same security on the same day. A pattern day trader is defined as someone who makes four or more round-trip day trades in a five-business-day period, unless this activity is less than 6% of total trading activity in that period.

Minimum Equity Requirement

The rules require pattern day trading accounts to maintain minimum equity of $25,000 on any day in which day trading occurs. If your account falls below $25,000 equity, we will issue a day trading minimum equity call and prohibit day trading in your account. If you execute a day trade when the equity is below $25,000, we will restrict your account to only closing transactions until you bring the equity up to $25,000. You can increase equity, and continue trading as usual, by depositing additional funds or consolidating assets.

@apexcrusade

TDAmeritrade
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daveo] [#4]

TDAmeritrade
View Quote

DOH! Me too.... Guess I better be careful...

EDIT, cause I aint got 25 grand in there yet!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Speedie:
You're on pretty safe ground there I think. Three times it's built up and tried to break above $8.70, and every time a block sell appears out of nowhere to knock it back down.
View Quote

Do you have to sell your 8.5 calls, or can you let them exercise and sell $9 calls for next week?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Do you have to sell your 8.5 calls, or can you let them exercise and sell $9 calls for next week?
View Quote
I'll sell them at a loss for the looks of it. We'll see what power hour brings, but it doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Another couple percent on MVIS and you can just let your 8.5 calls expire for a 0.20 loss.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
That optimistic 5.01 buy order I had on BBIG a couple days ago, I should have just made it GTC and let it sit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Another couple percent on MVIS and you can just let your 8.5 calls expire for a 0.20 loss.
View Quote
Why would I do that when they're at $0.10 - 0.20? I bought them, not sold them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:05:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#10]
That optimistic 5.01 buy order I had on BBIG a couple days ago, I should have just made it GTC and let it sit.
View Quote

Put the buy order back in then?

I just bought back a bunch of puts, and I’m pretty close to dumping a buttload of shares, that should help it execute lol.

BBIG is closing under $5 today anyway.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Put the buy order back in then?

I just bought back a bunch of puts, and I’m pretty close to dumping a buttload of shares, that should help it execute lol.

BBIG is closing under $5 today anyway.
View Quote

The shares I wanted at 5.01, I bought this morning (too soon) at 5.27 and 5.21. Could have saved at least $200 by waiting until late today.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Speedie:
Why would I do that when they're at $0.10 - 0.20? I bought them, not sold them.
View Quote

We're moving up.
Put in a 0.20 sell order and pray?
Or .25 and pray harder?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#13]
WHO'S LiDAR IS IN THIS THING?

The Jetson personal VTOL
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Sharma has 575,434 shares, and his performance bonuses are paid in stock.  Judy and the other two new guys are bit players at 6,739 shares, and they got those at $14 value.  Sharma lost over 1M last three days.

Saying they give no fucks about share prices could only be accurate if the board/C-suite literally hated money
View Quote

Judging by their inaction... they do.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#15]

That’s just it.

So it’s one of two things.  And his interview released yesterday allows either of the two things to hold water.

1)  MicroVision is completely clueless and incompetent on how advertising for value works.

2)  There’s a vertical sale or a contract coming up very very soon that WE don’t know about.  

The first is a good possibility, and they HAVE tried but it just isn’t working.

The second part, I can only wish.  “Hopium” and speculation is making me sick, so I hate pushing that BS anymore because it’s gotten us absolutely nowhere.  If SS and Co. are sick to their stomach like I am about the share price, I’m scared.  If they are calm about it, there’s hope because something certainly is going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.  They’re certainly not showing their hand, that’s for sure.

If they do another At The Money, we’re in trouble.

View Quote

Another ATM would put us back in a compliance fight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

The Jetson personal VTOL
View Quote

Not sure but I think I want one!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

Judging by their inaction... they do.
View Quote

Basically, the stock is going to sit there (or decay if they can't fund continuing operations without issuing debt or diluting equity) until there is a clear indication of profitability.

And management cannot just lie and make up stories about profits coming soon, so what action are you asking them to take?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

That’s just it.

So it’s one of two things.  And his interview released yesterday allows either of the two things to hold water.

1)  MicroVision is completely clueless and incompetent on how advertising for value works.

2)  There’s a vertical sale or a contract coming up very very soon that WE don’t know about.  

The first is a good possibility, and they HAVE tried but it just isn’t working.

The second part, I can only wish.  “Hopium” and speculation is making me sick, so I hate pushing that BS anymore because it’s gotten us absolutely nowhere.  If SS and Co. are sick to their stomach like I am about the share price, I’m scared.  If they are calm about it, there’s hope because something certainly is going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.  They’re certainly not showing their hand, that’s for sure.

If they do another At The Money, we’re in trouble.

Yeah, it was only fun the first go ‘round.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969GTX] [#19]
I don't even feel like posting power hour boobs

I'm curious as to what DWAC does afterhours tonight and Monday morning.  I've got a small position in it for the ride.  Couldn't do much worse than BbigSML (be small)

Edit: here is a hot woman laying down, like bbigsml and mavis.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By myfakename:
I don't even feel like posting power hour boobs

I'm curious as to what DWAC does afterhours tonight and Monday morning.  I've got a small position in it for the ride.  Couldn't do much worse than BbigSML (be small)

Edit: here is a hot woman laying down, like bbigsml and mavis.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96423/butt2_jpg-2139525.JPG
View Quote

That’ll work.

It’s been rough, guys.  I lost a lot this week, realized loss at that.

I’ve lost a LOT more on paper.

I gotta say though, even though a lot of us are on edge at the moment and posting a little gloom and doom, you’re still all a bunch of cool fuckers.

Thanks, and I’ll keep coming back!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Dwac was down 3 bucks right after close. Fuck
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Dwac was down 3 bucks right after close. Fuck
View Quote

Yeah I didn't get into that or PHUN but I don't think I would have considered them a "hold after close" thing
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#23]
BBIG just broke $6 AH lol
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]

The Jetson personal VTOL
View Quote

MSRP?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Willz:

MSRP?
View Quote

There was another thread on it and I think it was around $90k.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#26]
What are we to make from this remark from Sumit at about 5:30 In the interview.

"our partnership with Microsoft... In the past". Does that mean moving forward there will be no more working together? Couldn't he had have said with our partners Microsoft instead?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
View Quote

That was just Mr Market saying HaHa! to Felis
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

Yeah I didn't get into that or PHUN but I don't think I would have considered them a "hold after close" thing
View Quote

So im really new at this.... Can anyone explain the holding after close thing? Pretty please
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 70satvert:

I can’t catch a break on BBIG.  Oh well, ‘tis life.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

The Jetson personal VTOL

It basically a drone with you in it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Yep, I’m buying back some calls at a $3,000.00 loss, just need to figure out when to dump the 3,500 shares I’m under water on.  I’m pretty much done with BBIG now.
View All Quotes

Yep, I’m buying back some calls at a $3,000.00 loss, just need to figure out when to dump the 3,500 shares I’m under water on.  I’m pretty much done with BBIG now.

Why dump the shares at a loss?

Betting it'll bounce back in December come spin-off time, barring any BofD shenanigans. Might get beaten back down to $3 between now and then, but should be a great opportunity to average down.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:

Betting it'll bounce back in December come spin-off time, barring any BofD shenanigans. Might get beaten back down to $3 between now and then, but should be a great opportunity to average down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nolan7120:

I just don’t trust it at all, looking at how it’s been acting the last few weeks or so.

I was so close to just dumping, had the order in and suspended it.  I’ll still dump, but I’ll do that via weekly selling of calls that are close to ITM.  Okay premiums, and if the shares are called away at a loss so be it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#33]
It basically a drone with you in it.
View Quote

You say that like its a problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:50:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m3tric] [#34]
Now I’m only down $7.5k on MaVIS. Thought I was safe buying shares and selling puts around $9.5. I guess not.

Can’t imagine the guys with 100k shares. This has just been a relentless, painful bleed. I’ll HODL until we get near my cost basis @ 12 or so and then start selling calls.

Glad I bought a bunch of TSLA when it was $570-$580 to cover my losses. Only wish I would’ve sold the rest of my MVIS at 18-19 like I did with about a quarter of my shares in June
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#35]

Lies.  It gave me the opportunity to make 99% of my call money. Too bad I gave up too soon. And now it's going back up after hours to help me sell calls next week.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

How do y'all keep losing money on it? Every call I have sold has made profit.

The last ones I sold made 20% of the stock price for 2 weeks of holding.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#37]

So im really new at this.... Can anyone explain the holding after close thing? Pretty please
View All Quotes

You know when you're drunk and you take a girl home just because it's closing time at the bar.  The next morning you wake up sober and have a moment of panic and shame and get out as fast as you can.

Buying stonks as they're on the wild ride up is getting drunk.  The closing bell is the next morning.  The stock is the ugly girl.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I jumped in on DWAC early and probably should have dumped at 150 or so but I'm still ahead and will watch to see where this goes.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I gotta learn about selling calls. If I bought shares the traditional way, can I still sell those shares as calls?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
I gotta learn about selling calls. If I bought shares the traditional way, can I still sell those shares as calls?
View Quote

1 call = 100 shares. You can sell calls on any shares you own as long as you have 100 of them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

You know when you're drunk and you take a girl home just because it's closing time at the bar.  The next morning you wake up sober and have a moment of panic and shame and get out as fast as you can.

Buying stonks as they're on the wild ride up is getting drunk.  The closing bell is the next morning.  The stock is the ugly girl.
View Quote

Oh boy, gonna take me a minute to process that
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Willz:
I jumped in on DWAC early and probably should have dumped at 150 or so but I'm still ahead and will watch to see where this goes.

View Quote

I sold 10 to cover my initial investment. Sold 15 and put 1200 in my account, I have 25 shares left to play with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I'm really hoping it takes off again on Monday pre market. I can't trade AH so I held my shares so I didn't have to dick around at open.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

I'm really hoping it takes off again on Monday pre market. I can't trade AH so I held my shares so I didn't have to dick around at open.
View Quote

Why can't you trade after hours!!!?
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View Quote

He called them puts before.
My BBIG puts gained nicely in value after I wrote them last week.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#46]

View All Quotes

Yep, puts.  They were $10 strike for today, there was absolutely no way I was letting those get assigned that far ITM, lol.  

As far as calls, the first two sets I bought back three and four weeks ago when they went far ITM and I thought the stock was going to run.  Both times the stock dipped hard that day or very soon after.  I lost over $2k on those.

My most recent call contracts I sold were sold for .20 and .25 a share, haven’t made much on those.  All the contracts on those were for 10/29.  I bought 15 of those contracts back and netted about .14 a share so I could dump BBIG at the end of today, then I changed my mind and well at least I made .14 a share on those.

I plan on selling near ITM next week on those and just don’t mind if they are called away.

My cost basis is 2,000 at $9.00 and 1,500 at $10.76

I plan on doing that to the other twenty call contracts I haven’t bought back yet, too.

All but one move I made on BBIG were poorly timed.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969GTX] [#47]

Why can't you trade after hours!!!?
View Quote

Anytime I have tried I get a message that the order was placed during closed market and will be fulfilled when it opens. They have always filled at 6:30am AZ time (9:30est). So I don't know.

I'm also worried etrade wouldn't let me trade with funds that were from the sale of another stock that hasn't settled yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:04:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RASuperlight] [#48]
Referring to MVIS.

What happened to the whole Amazon countertop projector speaker thing. They introduced the basic projector for the countertop at the ces conference in 2020.
Supposedly some la la la happens covid blah bla and it's no longer MVIS.
But yet Amazon puts out the new 2021 glow with this same projection down to the countertop setup. Added to a speaker.
Do we know who's hardware is in that unit?

https://youtu.be/rcVeSz4c7io

ETA
https://youtu.be/Dlf01ksX5dI
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#49]
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:
Referring to MVIS.

What happened to the whole Amazon countertop projector speaker thing. They introduced the basic projector for the countertop at the ces conference in 2020.
Supposedly some la la la happens covid blah bla and it's no longer MVIS.
But yet Amazon puts out the new 2021 glow with this same projection down to the countertop setup. Added to a speaker.
Do we know who's hardware is in that unit?

https://youtu.be/rcVeSz4c7io
View Quote

Not sure who’s tech is in it, but Dave Allen came out and directly said it’s not MicroVision.

Also, that projector is either not laser, or it’s only IEC Class 1 (nothing above Class 1 for children’s toys), IIRC our projector was Class 2 laser device.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:32:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#50]

View Quote

Puts or calls sold 3 weeks ago were about the same.  Max pain was 5 for this week then.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top