BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Total53:
$13.50 support and a bounce over 14 - is this cat alive or dead?
View Quote

Dead
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Are we done with ZOM now? Did I miss the product launch? I thought it was supposed to be released at the end of this month?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By m6z:
Fuck!

down 10% today!
View Quote

Ha I wish. Down 15 and 22 last two days. I should have known it was a day trade market.  My bad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, bought another 110 shares at $13.24.

Let’s see how this goes!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BIGHURT:

Dead
View Quote

Affirmative
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Welp nAs next stop is 12700.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
SXOOF is actually up ever so slightly today!  

Everything else is in the terlit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Stopped checking at 8:00 HST.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blupupher] [#9]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Why is it always my shit that is red, while everything in my watch list ends up green?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Why is it always my shit that is red, while everything in my watch list ends up green?

Everything on mine is red today.

Originally Posted By Volnut:
Are we done with ZOM now? Did I miss the product launch? I thought it was supposed to be released at the end of this month?

They released early last week with nothing happening except the price continuing to drop.

I held on to 125 shares just in case, but sold my other 1000.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont look
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

View Quote

Most of mine have been red for days, probably down 17% over a week ago. But they're all long term holds
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

They released early last week with nothing happening except the price continuing to drop.

I held on to 125 shares just in case, but sold my other 1000.
View Quote

Dammit man! Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#13]
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:

Excellent. I have some GLO and GLV, but it's always good to have some other things to check into.

Mostly, my list of things to buy aren't at a place I want to buy them right now.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I hope this provides as much entertainment to you reading it as it did to me writing it and, might I mention, absolutelynohomo:

I had to buy some MVIS on the dip, actually the dip is still here, trying to get the low so I can turn it over in a couple of days for some gains, otherwise on that I'm holding like most everyone else.   RILYZ is an awesome baby bond I've held for a while, it's set to mature in 2027 and in the meantime it pays  8.9% yield (on cost), perfect for what I want.  Enough of this type of thing and I can exit the game on my own terms. .  Being corp debt it is higher up the capital stack as far as safety, no skipping the interest as that would cause a default.   I've been trying to accumulate as much of that as possible, cost basis is $21.18.   And, guess what?  RILY is going to call it early.  

So on 31 Mar they will buy them all back at $25 par + interest.  I've had a built-in CAP gain on this of $3.82 per share or 15.3% but was hoping to hold through 2027, collect interest along the way and then the 15.3% guaranteed at the end.  This is the perfect setup on these that I try to replicate as much as possible.   But,  I am trying to get out of it today at $25.31 which is par plus accrued interest rather than wait until 31 Mar so I can put that into something else that might be on sale.  So, I need something to replace that income.  

All the other RILY bonds and almost everything similar on my list is at or over $25par so not good enough,   So, looking at some preferreds and just started with BTI at 7,5%, WRK for CAP gains.  Also DOW for CAP gains but also pays 4.5% while i wait.  Also always building up TSE to sell when it hits about $150.   TSE has been my best investment (other than GME which produced obscene gains of course)  - got in at $20 and its at $76 recently, although down due to market conditions in the mid sixties range,   Other income stuff I;'m pursuing right now to dump a ton of money into at the right price - some closed end funds,   BGH (8.05%) GLO (9.23%) , GLV (10.61%) and seriously considering a baby bond that was acquired by a private company and then voluntarily delisted to the OTC market - LTSL.  At around $19 it will have a built in CAP gain of $6, or 24% when called (I think it will mature in 2027) and income will be at 8.65% until then.
What else do you want to know?

Excellent. I have some GLO and GLV, but it's always good to have some other things to check into.

Mostly, my list of things to buy aren't at a place I want to buy them right now.

GLO NAV is 13.09, GLV NAV is 11.4 so not bad prices to get some.  I'm holding for $12 for a big buy of GLO.  You know they bumped up their dividend 21% recently?   GLV decreased it a bit as they were paying out too much.  Both are good buys imo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#14]
Well, I said I was done buying MVIS, but I went ahead and transferred in a little more and bought 50 more shares at 13.20.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Well, I said I was done buying MVIS, but I went ahead and transferred in a little more and bought 50 more shares at 13.20.
View Quote

It's only money. You'll make more.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

I want to make more with MVIS, though.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gerkyn:

Most of mine have been red for days, probably down 17% over a week ago. But they're all long term holds
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gerkyn:

Most of mine are too (except the ones I sold today).

I said the same, but have ended up buying another 300 shares on its trip down today. These buys today have gotten my average price above $10 a share though. Not happy about that, and really want a nice return for this in a few more months.

I am done now though, no more play money (my Biden bucks are gone), and the other stocks I have would be sold at a loss (which I am not doing, they will recover eventually).
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m_lowlander:
Dont look
View Quote

to late

but I got another 250 of MVIS @ 13.25

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

My last buy filled at 13.18
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Okay, that was weird.  I had a dud stock I bought a while back that dropped and then just laid there.  Finally decided to cut my losses and get out.  The stock is sitting at a steady 1.39, and I put in a limit order to sell at 1.50 should it pop up briefly.  The sale just executed at 1.50, and the stock is still at 1.39.  Did someone put in a market buy order, and my sell order as the best deal available, maybe?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Same. I transferred in a bit and picked up a few shares at 13.16
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe the shorts are working on me, but I'm finding I'm starting to question our theory that MVIS is this surefire, about to be bought out for $50+ company. If this is so apparent and certain, the rest of the market isn't full of complete morons, why is the stock not near this buyout price? Even if it's a "whole" month or two away, why wouldn't it be approaching this theoretical price?

I get shorts can push the price down but this isn't unlimited power.

And I realize I'm not a main contributor to this thread, and before you ask, I'm not shorting MVIS, I own what for me is a lot of shares (couple hundred).
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay, that was weird.  I had a dud stock I bought a while back that dropped and then just laid there.  Finally decided to cut my losses and get out.  The stock is sitting at a steady 1.39, and I put in a limit order to sell at 1.50 should it pop up briefly.  The sale just executed at 1.50, and the stock is still at 1.39.  Did someone put in a market buy order, and my sell order as the best deal available, maybe?
View Quote
I think so yes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Ugh chart says it’s going down but of course it’s going to bounce AH to keep you from escaping with a little money lol. In my case anyway....well actually I’m 20% down and would losing money.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh how I miss $24.18
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:I get shorts can push the price down but this isn't unlimited power.
View Quote

Actually, it kinda is unlimited. Coordinated buying/selling drives MVIS from $24 to $13 just the same as it drives GME from $6 to $450.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGHURT] [#27]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
Maybe the shorts are working on me, but I'm finding I'm starting to question our theory that MVIS is this surefire, about to be bought out for $50+ company. If this is so apparent and certain, the rest of the market isn't full of complete morons, why is the stock not near this buyout price? Even if it's a "whole" month or two away, why wouldn't it be approaching this theoretical price?

And I realize I'm not a main contributor to this thread, and before you ask, I'm not shorting MVIS, I own what for me is a lot of shares (couple hundred).
View Quote

It’s not MVIS. It is ALL tech.

ETA. Likely not done

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:12:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blupupher] [#28]

View Quote

There have been several things posted about this, including these:

10 Signs your stock is being manipulated

10 Signs Your Company is About to be Acquired

You are doing what "they" want you to, sell what you have for a little gain to lock in what little profits you have. You are doubting what will happen and it is natural to want to get out now while you still have a gain (or have not lost too much).

Could MVIS drop to and stay at $5, yes. Could it become worthless, also a yes.
Not likely, but a possibility.
As has been said many times in this thread, no advice given here has any real credibility or guarantee of return.

Risk only what you are willing to loose.

Today I kind of crossed that point, I have more in the market than I planned.
While I will not be financially devastated if I lost it all, it would hurt a bit for sure.

And one more article to read:

How to stay calm when your investment is crashing
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
It's a good question.  

Personally when I start thinking along the lines of "what do they know that I don't when this looks so great to me" I remember someone was willing to buy $50 million @ $20/share in February and while we don't know who did, or who holds them now, I sincerely doubt they've been selling them off at 18 or 16 or 13.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:16:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2sledgehammers] [#30]
Hey if you guys would like some more fun, you should join me on the crypto ride too!

*not a Financial advisor

PS anybody want buy a kayak, bicycle and some old beanie babies. I got fund some more buys?!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Reddit linked an SEC filing another Board Member Yalon Farhi is stepping down. With the retirement of general counsel, Seval Oz joining and now this, something has to be going on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Zac87:
Reddit linked an SEC filing another Board Member Yalon Farhi is stepping down. With the retirement of general counsel, Seval Oz joining and now this, something has to be going on.
View Quote

Falls under this one that was posted above

10 signs your company is about to be acquired
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Volnut:
View Quote

I’m in at 50 cents a share but really sux knowing I’m down 50% from a few weeks ago. Going to throw in the towel at some point.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Well looks like my kid isn't going to college.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

Falls under this one that was posted above

10 signs your company is about to be acquired
View Quote

Read #3, 7 and 8.

If this isn't a paint-by-numbers deal, it's doing one hell of an imitation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I think so yes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I think so yes.

I just realized what it was.  The stock ticker was delayed about 15 minutes for some reason.  So I wasn't seeing the most up-to-the-minute price.  It showed the spike after I posted.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Knows the sale is coming, and his position will be redundant/eliminated?  That's what I'm hoping....

I hope he has a nice stash of stock and rides it to Mars.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blupupher] [#39]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Climbmadone:

I’m in at 50 cents a share but really sux knowing I’m down 50% from a few weeks ago. Going to throw in the towel at some point.

Only you can decide what point to get off. Profit is profit. As I mentioned, I came out over $700 ahead with my sale, and rolled that into the MVIS sale today. I kept a little just in case it goes up more (I set a $5 sell price on the remainder of my ZOM, just wishfull thinking.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I used to look forward to market open. Now I look forward to close.

The bleeding has stopped!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BigGulp:

Actually, it kinda is unlimited. Coordinated buying/selling drives MVIS from $24 to $13 just the same as it drives GME from $6 to $450.
View Quote

I agree, but all things being equal, they're doing it for profit. Why would they say hey this stock is about to get bought out for $87/share, let's short it and drive it down like crazy? It's not free for them to do this. Sure, they want to cause retail to sell off. But should this practice actually work if the company is worth the price? Why not short Google to $5 a share? Because there's enough investors who think it's worth much more than that. So, why don't more investors think MVIS is worth enough to keep it from falling 30%+? It's not a year ago when it wasn't on anybody's radar..

I'm certainly not selling my measly shares, I want a moon bicycle (not enough for a lambo here ). Just trying to figure things out myself, I don't do stocks as a day job thankfully.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Crash,  fib line, bounce, crash, fib line, bounce,  crash, fib line, bounce crash, fib line.

Tomorrow looking pretty scary.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blupupher] [#43]

I agree, but all things being equal, they're doing it for profit. Why would they say hey this stock is about to get bought out for $87/share, let's short it and drive it down like crazy? It's not free for them to do this. Sure, they want to cause retail to sell off. But should this practice actually work if the company is worth the price? Why not short Google to $5 a share? Because there's enough investors who think it's worth much more than that. So, why don't more investors think MVIS is worth enough to keep it from falling 30%+? It's not a year ago when it wasn't on anybody's radar..

I'm certainly not selling my measly shares, I want a moon bicycle (not enough for a lambo here ). Just trying to figure things out myself, I don't do stocks as a day job thankfully.
View Quote

Selling tens of thousands of shares to drive the price down so you can buy hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of shares at a lower price makes it worthwhile.

There are also ways to be able to "buy" and "sell" to drive the price down without actually using any money. Not something us little people can do, but large brokerages and those in the know can do almost anything, legal or not.

And had to laugh an "moon bicycle". Just make sure you get your space suit for it as well...

I also am not looking for a moon lambo with hookers and midgets, but a nice telescope to watch the party with would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

iborrowdesk, just one brokerage, reported 2.1M shorts returned today; that alone is 17% of today's volume, and there are other brokerages.  

naked short report https://nakedshortreport.com/company/MVIS is reporting that over half mvis volume is short related.

As long as the shorts can control that % of the volume, it's free money for them to do so.  Illegal as hell, but they don't care.

If/when volume gets back to 20M volume or so, their influence will wane, though they likely won't stop trying, cuz they are assholes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Ok , which one of you guys hit on a hard 12 against a dealer up card 6 and jinxed us all???
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Brutal day.  

I threw some of that stimulus cash in my account.  I'd love to pick up some $10 MVIS this week.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Time for a title edit? Manipulators cause croc to shit the bed? ("Shit" would need to be edited out of the title, of course.)
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck me but a good day for MVIS for me!

Added a bunch (for me) and averaged down.

So if it hits $28-30, I can get new solar panel, new lithium battery AND patio furniture!

At this rate, wife might be happy enough for me to buy a BJ!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#50]
Okay, so sometimes this stuff isn't crystal clear...but Yalon's move does turn out to be textbook.

Shareholder contacted Dave Allen (MVIS PR) with a very important question: "are Spitzer and Curran independent board members like Seval Oz?"

Allen's answer: "all are independent except Yalon and Sumit." And Yalon just announced his retirement...

Are Spitzer and Curran...

Why does it matter?

"According to the SEC, definition of an independent (outside) director: https://www.sec.gov/rules/sro/nasdaq/2013/34-68640-ex5.pdf

“Independent Director” means a person other than an Executive Officer or employee of the Company or any other individual having a relationship which, in the opinion of the Company's board of directors, would interfere with the exercise of independent judgment in carrying out the responsibilities of a director.

The main thing that separates them from other directors, as you can see, is their ability to be impartial-- a very important need for any company interested in acquiring us.

They're clearing the decks of the non-independent directors. Very strong indicator that new management is inbound, IMO.

Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top