Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They simultaneously declared war on the CIA, secret societies, and the mafia. They got deaded. End of story.
View Quote
You forgot about Castro who they tried to assassinate and The Diem Brothers who they had assassinated  in Vietnam.

The Kennedys were involved in a shit load of schemes involving important mob figure and assassination attempts against the leadership of adversarial governments.

"While the United States publicly disclaimed any knowledge of or participation in the planning of the coup that overthrew Diem, it was later revealed that American officials met with the generals who organized the plot and gave them encouragement to go through with their plans."

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ngo-dinh-diem-assassinated-in-south-vietnam

After the assassination, Madame Diem sent the following message to Jackie Kennedy: "one day you will know how this feels".
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I cannot understand why Oswald was not immediately taken into federal custody.  He allegedly commits the ultimate federal crime--killing the president--and yet he is not immediately taken into super-secure federal custody.

Instead he's in the custody of the Dallas Police who let an armed person into their police station and allow him the opportunity to shoot Oswald

Oswald just happened to land a job at the book depisitory three months before the assassination.  And the parade route just happened to take place beneath Oswald's window.

When you look at it logically, it just stinks.
View Quote
At the time it was not illegal to assinate the President, so was charged under Texas law for first degree murder. Problem was the Dallas Police Chief was kind of corrupt and a big show boater.

I am convinced it was a conspiracy, one of two groups were involved (bringing in Oswald as a patsy) either organized crime (back then no one involved with organized crime talked) or it was put together by LBJ. LBJ was such a piece of shit and was hated the Kennedys. Bobby Krnnedy the AG had pissed off both parties to no end. When both parties had been used to get JFK elected, JFK's daddy had a shit load of ties to organized crime and in tough areas like Chicago they got votes moved to the Kennedy column. While even though at the time Texas was a Democrat state, JFK was not as popular as LBJ was here and LBJ was brought on board to get the southern Democrats to support the ticket.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Col. Mustard, with the Carcano...in the library.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm convinced that the Secret Service accidentally delivered the killing blow.
There was a great documentary on Netflix a while ago detailing the actions of the SS on that day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From that suppository building.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I know is it was some pretty good shooting.
From that suppository building.
Private snowball!
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]
What do I think?

The dude is dead.

Some other dude shot him.

These things happen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Col. Mustard, with the Carcano...in the library.
View Quote
Very nice.

Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I remember conspiracy theorists claiming the aimed shots could not be done in the allotted time.  This was put forwards as "proof" one man could not have done it alone.

The claim is completely incorrect.
View Quote
And even though it has been replicated many times, troofers continue to deny it can be done or will move on to new and even more bizarre conspiracies.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oswald was shooting at a distance of only about 80 yards.  Anyone who has hunted big game and has had to make 1 or 2 quick follow-up shots on a wounded animal, even with a bolt-action rifle, should know this is not an impossible feat.
View Quote
This. For a gun board, we have a bunch of people who have never shot at moving targets...
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LBJ
View Quote
I could believe this.  LBJ was an execrable human being, the type of person who would try anything to get ahead.

But in the Real World, Oswald likely acted alone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#11]
And no one posted this yet?  It is an obligatory feature of any JFK assassination thread:

Full Metal Jacket - Charles Whitman - Lee Harvey Oswald
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This. No doubt Oswald did it. But I also believe in my heart LBJ had something to do with arranging it.
View Quote
Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe there was more than one shooter, and that evidence of a second shooter was suppressed.   I also think Oswald was a patsy that they allowed to be killed so they could tie up that loose end.  It is interesting that the full file of information hasn't been released.

With the crappy Carcano that Oswald used, and a moving target at a steep downward angle I don't believe Oswald alone could have made the shots.  It is more likely that there was a second more skilled shooter at the grassy knoll from where people reported another shot who was using better 6.5mm equipment.

Hopefully, some day, all the information will come out, but probably not until after the baby boomer generation has all died off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of the bullshit that is posted on this board is beyond belief. It's been more than 50 years since JFK was shot, and there are still people who think it was a fucking conspiracy.

The people who believe that crap obviously have no knowledge whatever of human behavior.

I can't remember who said it, but there is a quote that you JFK conspiracy buffs need to remember:

"Two people can keep a secret only if one of them is dead."

Don't any of you guys think that if there really was a conspiracy, that over the last 50 years that SOMEONE would have spilled the beans by now?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Seeing what the 3 letter agencies are doing now...

I don't think it's anything new.

Txl
View Quote
This

They are just more pussified like society in general.  If trump had come along in the 60s he would be dead by now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did Oswald act alone?  Will we get any interesting data in the future when more documents are released?
View Quote
H Crown
A Jenner Jr
GD

and more names...
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Assassinating the president was not a federal crime at the time.  Dallas had jurisdiction, and were required by Texas law to conduct the investigation.  The Secret Service and the Dallas PD almost had a gun fight over this.  Oswald did it, acted alone, and was a nutjob communist.  Things just fell into place that day.  Sorry, end of story.
View Quote
As much as I love a conspiracy, have to agree. Life just happens.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Evidence could convince me otherwise, but from what I've seen and read, I believe Oswald was the lone shooter.

Whether he was part of some conspiracy, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#20]
The shots Oswald took have been replicated repeatedly, with the same outcome.

I saw one successful reenactment that was done at the exact same height, distance and angle of fire...  against a target moving at the same angle and speed... using the same weapon, optic, and ammunition.

Did Oswald kill Kennedy?  I have no doubt.

But why, and at whose behest?  The answers to those questions are exactly why the file has been sealed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Gerald Posner does an excellent job of debunking all the myths good enough for me. No "deathbed confessions which you might expect by now. Oswald did it...alone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If trump had come along in the 60s he would be dead by now.
View Quote
I doubt that he will survive his full elected term---especially his second term if he happens to get reelected---which I doubt will happen.

He would have been assassinated already if the libs were gun people.

No doubt there are some crazy antifa folks more than willing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was Oswald and there was no conspiracy.
Also, conspiracy believers don't care what the facts are. No point talking to them.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
The problem is that there are so many good conspiracy options.

Listening to Surprise, Kill Vanish.  The U.S. policies on assassination could have come home to roost.

The one I always think of is the fact he started printing "U.S. Reserve Notes", threatening the federal reserve and minting currency seems like an elephant in the room.

A Coup by LBJ always seemed plausible but the least likely.  Made weirder by his decision not to run for re-election.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Interesting videos from a interesting channel.

Is This Who was Removed from JFK File Release? The Truth is Stranger than Fiction

Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
View Quote
pretty much this, LBJ was driving this bus.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#29]
LBJ had a hand in this and it's made money for a lot of people in Dallas,
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I researched this a lot and went there.  Oswald acted alone.   After all, who would include a nutjob like him in a high level conspiracy.  All the conspiracy theory points are not valid if you dig into them.  People who understand more about physics and etc understand what they are really seeing with both JFK and 9/11.  Ignorant people buy into the conspiracies because they can't grasp what they are really seeing.  (Charlie Sheen on how fast the buildings fell for an easy example)
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#31]
LHO was the only shooter, but there were others involved and bet.

We’ll never know for sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#32]
A Carcano will kill when used by an LBJ hitman.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I think he should have shot Johnson instead.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I really don't care.

Most if not all the principles that may have been involved are dead or getting there in a hurry.

That ship sailed with the cock-up by the Dallas, TX PD.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Deep state hit... Oswald was part of it — he was the fall guy from the get go, he just didn’t realize it until the action went down.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#37]
My grandmother was there on the grassy knoll when he was killed. My grandfather had just bought her a new camera a few days prior.

She has never spoke about it and we were told to never ask her about it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Marilyn Monroe was the figure on the grassy knoll and her high heel shoes threw her balance off.  She hit John instead of Jackie.  Classic American love triangle.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The problem is that there are so many good conspiracy options.

Listening to Surprise, Kill Vanish.  The U.S. policies on assassination could have come home to roost.

The one I always think of is the fact he started printing "U.S. Reserve Notes", threatening the federal reserve and minting currency seems like an elephant in the room.

A Coup by LBJ always seemed plausible but the least likely.  Made weirder by his decision not to run for re-election.
View Quote
Thing is LBJ destroyed his presidency with the Vietnam war. His own party turned on him, even if LBJ ran RFK would have been him in the primaries and if he was not assassinated would have been president.  Also LBJ was very ill at the end of his first full term.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Marilyn Monroe was the figure on the grassy knoll and her high heel shoes threw her balance off.  She hit John instead of Jackie.  Classic American love triangle.
View Quote
a modern day romeo and juliette.

Interesting fact about Norma Jean, she built some of the first drones in WWII. That is where she was discovered.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#41]
On the original Zapruder film it sure looked like a shot from the front that finished it, with a debris spray to the rear along head jerk-back. Brains/blood were all over the trunk lid as Jackie freaked and tried to get the hell out of that car. Then, a picture from the hospital with the back of his head blown off came out. The Zapruder film now looks different and the head pic now shows a little entry wound.
Okay, so let's say it was too many years ago and I'm full of it. After all, a full frontal shot would have been difficult because of the Governor and the windshield, but then it could have come from a slight angle to the right and higher, like the 'grassy knoll'. Plus, by that time the car was accelerating and ANY hit on a target in the car would have been very exceptional or quite lucky. With a cheap surplus rifle and crummy scope along with old surplus mil ammo, its not happening.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yet they were able to keep the stealth fighter program secret for 20+ years. Thousands of people worked on that project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe there were several half baked "plots" on Kennedy's life stewing at that time in this country. Only one came to fruition, the one concocted and carried out by the little loser commie. I do believe it was welcome news to several political bigwigs, but they had nothing to do with it in any capacity.

We are a nation of big mouths, attention seekers, and money grubbers. To think we can keep anything secret, especially a cover up on that massive scale, just isn't realistic. The cover would have been blown in weeks after the killing.
Yet they were able to keep the stealth fighter program secret for 20+ years. Thousands of people worked on that project.
Uh no.

Contract let: 1978
First flight: 1981 (YF-117)
First production a/c delivered: 1982
1st Operational capability: 1983
Aircraft revealed: 1988
First public display: 1990

Having said that, people in the aerospace business knew about the stealth fighter long before it became public.  Just like we knew about Boeing building major parts of the B-2 bomber in Seattle almost a decade before it became declassified and that knowledge made public.

I started looking for the Stealth fighter in 1985 with my first desert trip just after I bought my first 4x4 truck.  I was going to Area 51 when you could still drive directly to the gate outside Alamo, NV.  I wanted to be the first to publish a pic of the Stealth fighter; unfortunately and unknown to me, they had moved them all to TTR SW of Tonopah, NV a hundred or so miles away.

Oswald did it and he did it alone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did Oswald act alone?  Will we get any interesting data in the future when more documents are released?
View Quote
I don’t think he acted alone but I don’t think it was as vast a conspiracy as people make it out to be either.

But even if someone can prove that their was just one other person involved by definition proves conspiracy and would deal yet another blow to the credibility to a government people are already leery .
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was Oswald and there was no conspiracy.
Also, conspiracy believers don't care what the facts are. No point talking to them.
View Quote
There's a lot of credible evidence that Oswald did not shoot JFK, he did shoot (i think it was a FL governor) in the front passenger seat though.

From everything I have read about it a smaller faster caliber projectile hit JFK from behind.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Why are the “Lone Nut-job” theorists always so quick to respond and so adamant of their story?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Down and to the left
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Oswald was a known Soviet agent. The SS, FBI, and CIA dropped the ball and he shot the president. Some of the new declassified stuff including the wiretaps from Mexico City reveal that Oswald was a lot more than some stupid sympathizer. He was in direct communication with the KGB.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Can you provide one good reason why the records on the assassination were sealed?
View Quote
Security protocols, tactics, and equipment used by the Secret Service not wanting to be made public to allow them to be circumvented?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oswald was a known Soviet agent. The SS, FBI, and CIA dropped the ball and he shot the president. Some of the new declassified stuff including the wiretaps from Mexico City reveal that Oswald was a lot more than some stupid sympathizer. He was in direct communication with the KGB.
View Quote
Oswald acting alone = Piss Dossier!
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This. For a gun board, we have a bunch of people who have never shot at moving targets...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oswald was shooting at a distance of only about 80 yards.  Anyone who has hunted big game and has had to make 1 or 2 quick follow-up shots on a wounded animal, even with a bolt-action rifle, should know this is not an impossible feat.
Or have never fired at a target more than 25 yards away.  Remember the DC "sniper" shootings?  The dumbass media was all bent out of shape that it was possible to hit a person at a mind-blowing 100 yards away.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top