BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It certainly meant crack using individuals but was misinterpreted to mean individuals who would use pieces of plumbing or fencing as cudgels and "pipehitter" became a term for what some might call a "bad hombre".

This isn't much different from how this place has mangled some meanings,such as neckbeard.
View Quote
It is a term used in blue collar trade, mostly in the North, to describe someone who you can give any task to and he will get after it 110% with no complaints or words spoken. I think it has mostly been adopted by others at this point.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It is a term used in blue collar trade, mostly in the North, to describe someone who you can give any task to and he will get after it 110% with no complaints or words spoken. I think it has mostly been adopted by others at this point.
View Quote
For 20 years, I worked in the north, with tons of guys in the trades, and never once heard the term used in that context.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Finny, I've seen some 1st SFOD-D guys calling themselves "pipe hitters".
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For 20 years, I worked in the north, with tons of guys in the trades, and never once heard the term used in that context.
View Quote
It’s an Albany expression.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They must smoke a lot of crack in Albany...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A pipehitter is a badass or violent individual.

The people on here that think it refers to a crackhead have no idea what they are talking about. This is the only place where people constantly say that.
View Quote
Sorry, but you’re wrong.  It’s from the movie Pulp Fiction in reference to people doing crack and how they’ll do anything for more crack.  Movie came out in 1994.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote
Oh, well that explains it. I'm from Uti... GOOD LORD, WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!?!
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
That added definition came later.

Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is assprap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crack smoking thugs. Mistakenly adopted by some who thought it just meant badass. Not really a term of endearment unless you are looking to turn them loose on someone who asspraped you.
What is assprap?
assrape with an extra p
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The only thing gayer than referring to yourself as a pipe hitter is wearing a T-shirt that says it
View Quote
And it’s like Salt Life, also stupid.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sorry, but you’re wrong.  It’s from the movie Pulp Fiction in reference to people doing crack and how they’ll do anything for more crack.  Movie came out in 1994.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people on here that think it refers to a crackhead have no idea what they are talking about. This is the only place where people constantly say that.
+1

Regardless of who has coopted the term, it originally meant fiends.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When Grunt Style t shirts aren’t cool enough to wear with your affliction jeans, and all of your Tapout shirts are crusted in cum, wear Pipe Hitter’s Union.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a nickname special forces operators have given themselves.  It is referenced in the game: ghost recon wildlands.

If you think it's gay than you might be some fat fuck jerking off in your mom's basement.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#16]
this thread is beginning to show potential.

subscribed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're obviously gay crackheads.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Does Marcellus Wallace seem like he runs an operation that would use crackheads?

Don’t get me wrong, a base head (don’t confuse with a bass head) could be said to hit the pipe pretty hard. But that’s not what was being referenced in Pulp Fiction. He was referring to guys that break kneecaps for a living.  Accounts receivable that carry lead pipes.  Same as mafia “protection” scheme enforcers. Think Errol and others from Snatch (:30 to 1:10 or so):

You may notice they have sections of pipe in their hands.

ETA: why mil guys would want to adopt the nickname for themselves...I can’t speak to that. Kinda implies they think their employers are running a criminal organization. Maybe that’s how they view it. Maybe they just think it sounds badass and co-opted it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP should start a daily thread asking one question ending the question with "Hell if I Know".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Username is fitting
OP should start a daily thread asking one question ending the question with "Hell if I Know".
That’s a great idea.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Pipehitter: a person tasked with welding a pipe, who screwed up the weld and got a bit angry.  Usually winds up at the emergency room with a broken hand and a workman's compensation claim.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I always assumed that it was an individual who eagerly hit another (bound) individual with a piece of (lead) pipe in order to inflict pain on that said individual.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Pipe hitter=crack head=basehead
I Got These Cheeseburgers - Menace II Society
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Sheephitters thread?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
assrape with an extra p
View Quote
He really likes 'p'.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This......1st time I ever heard the phrase
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bet if they found out a bunch of nerds online thought it was gay, they would be devastated.

I hope no one tells all of the SEALs and Rangers that the internet also thinks the Punisher is gay.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does Marcellus Wallace seem like he runs an operation that would use crackheads?
View Quote
Does he look like a bitch?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What is assprap?
View Quote
It's like an assgrape but tangier.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#33]
In fracking I thought it was the guy that operates the hammer unions on frac iron...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

His go-to guy was a junkie fuckup that accidentally killed one of his other guys and then got killed with his own gun.
View Quote
Whoa! Back that truck up big fella. His finger was on the trigger the entire time.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually, yes.
Through the years a lot of gangs have hired "hitmen" to do their dirty work.
Plausible deniability.
Ever heard of the term "Guns for hire"?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#36]
The term pipehitter is a term derived from crackheads that will do anything for their next fix. Key word is “anything” gay stuff, murder, robbery.....

So the “badass” term pipehitter means guys that will do anything. There are no boundries.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe they have a drug problem.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's a nickname special forces operators have given themselves.  It is referenced in the game: ghost recon wildlands.

If you think it's gay than you might be some fat fuck jerking off in your mom's basement.
View Quote
I bet the vast majority of people who wear those shirts have only "operated" in video games.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#39]
If I were in the service and a "badass"..and someone said the term pipehitter...I dont know why  but to me it almost immediately meant..
one who hits the pipe=crackhead...
I'd think most "pipehitters" in the service even have that thought in the back of their mind..
Like..WTF we running around calling ourselves crackheads??? Lol
I don't see how they can not..
If Judy is hitting the pipe..Judy is doin some drugs ..
I'd suggested something else like...skullcrusher..neck-snapper..hell I dunno..
I'm not a badass or claimed to be..some of the shirts are cool...some scream alpha male and aren't my shitty cup of tea.
It supports veterans and that ain't bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I noticed how in my lifetime 'lucked out' went from meaning 'ran out of luck/bad thing happened' to having something good happen due to good luck.  Ones 'old man/lady' was the husband/wife' then became father/mother.  In both cases a different group of people because using the phrase and changed it to their situation or just didn't know what it had meant previously.  Meanings can also change rapidly as the term or phrase spreads across the country and even mean very different things at the same time when used in different locations of the country.  An excellent different example of that was the small piercing in one ear of a man a few decades ago.  The 'message' communicated was very different depending upon which ear and which city or which part of a city the man was in.  Such phrases and symbols change meanings quickly as different portions of society adapt them as they seem 'cool'.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I noticed how in my lifetime 'lucked out' went from meaning 'ran out of luck/bad thing happened' to having something good happen due to good luck.
View Quote
I'm wondering how old you are? I'm 51, and I've never heard "lucked out" used with a negative connotation. It's always meant "thanks to luck, things turned out okay."
In fact, my father, who was 26 years older than me, used the term often and always in a positive way.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Actually, yes.
Through the years a lot of gangs have hired "hitmen" to do their dirty work.
Plausible deniability.
Ever heard of the term "Guns for hire"?
View Quote
No one is hiring Pookie to torture a guy.
New Jack City (1991) - This Crack's Got Me Scene (3/10) | Movieclips

Yes, crackheads will do a lot of stuff to get a fix. Like suck off strangers or rob their own family. These aren’t the people you use to tune someone up.

Marcellus Wallace is being intimidating. He’s putting the fear of death into Zed. You think he’s gonna say “I’m gonna call some crackheads to work this guy over” or “I’m gonna call some heavy hitters to work this guy over”?

I’ve seen others claim that the pliers and blowtorch are for picking out the birdshot and cauterizing wounds. Same as this crackhead pipe hitter theory. There is a logic to the idea, but it’s still wrong. The pliers are for pulling teeth and fingernails and the torch is just causing pain. And pipe hitters are muscle, not drug addicts.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm wondering how old you are? I'm 51, and I've never heard "lucked out" used with a negative connotation. It's always meant "thanks to luck, things turned out okay."
In fact, my father, who was 26 years older than me, used the term often and always in a positive way.
View Quote
I've never heard it used negatively either.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#46]
This entire thread is gay.

Not that there;s anything wrong with that...
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Pipehitters smoke crack.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Pipe hitters = crackheads

Term made popular by this movie. Somehow adopted by veterans to mean badass or some shit like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRPz6-Tkww?t=80
View Quote
The term was co opted by people too stupid to  realize what it ACTUALLY meant.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top