Quoted:

Also tour tailpipe is always on the fill side on American cars
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whiskey makes everything better...

No but seriously idk why but I never knew this that the little arrow on your dash next to your gas gauge tells you which side your gas tank is on.  Really helps when I'm driving some of our work vehicles or someone elses car.

You do know that some vehicles have 2 tail pipes?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Avoid life, financial, or relationship advice on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a bundle of longish zip ties to keep handy for clearing hair clogs. Cut little slivers down the sides with a razor blade and run the zip tie down the drain, pull out clumps. Cheap and disposable tool for clearing hair clogs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Keep several graves dug, in different locations, at all times. They can be real time savers if you wind up with an unexpected body.
View Quote
Who the fuck cares? I'll dig the fuckin' hole. I don't give a fuck. What is it, the first hole I dug? Not the first time I dug a hole. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. Where are the shovels?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who the fuck cares? I'll dig the fuckin' hole. I don't give a fuck. What is it, the first hole I dug? Not the first time I dug a hole. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. Where are the shovels?
View Quote

Right over there, brah. thanks for pitchin' in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
When I make tacos, I put a tortilla down on the plate first, then tacos on top of that. Everything that falls out of the tacos, lands on the tortilla and you just wrap it up and eat it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Avoid life, financial, or relationship advice on ARFCOM.
View Quote
Nonsense.  This place really helped me through my bankruptcy after my third divorce.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Use ball bungees to store your wrapped ratchet straps, and use them again to secure the excess tail when the strap is in use.

Leave the heavy end of the strap on the outside of the roll so you can hold it in your hand as you unfurl the mofo, and it doesn’t damage anything on the far side of your truck or trailer.

Bonus:  get flat hooks on your straps and orient them as shown so the hook cannot fall off if the strap somehow loses tension in transit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I make tacos, I put a tortilla down on the plate first, then tacos on top of that. Everything that falls out of the tacos, lands on the tortilla and you just wrap it up and eat it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
piss and shit in the shower so you don't have to flush the toilet.

View Quote
It takes a LOT longer for the shit to go down the drain than one would think. Certainly doesn't save time in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
One laundry basket for each family member, plus one more only for towels/sheets.

Each member does a load of their laundry when their basket is full.

No more sorting clothes on the couch for an hour. Clothes go straight from dryer to each person's dresser/closet.

5 people in the family -- saves a ton of time, eliminates a chore we all hate (sorting laundry), and if you "have nothing to wear" it's your own damn fault!!

Rack in the garage holds the baskets.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is easy: MYOB

You wouldn't believe the aggravation that could be saved if people followed this one simple rule.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One laundry basket for each family member, plus one more only for towels/sheets.

Each member does a load of their laundry when their basket is full.

No more sorting clothes on the couch for an hour. Clothes go straight from dryer to each person's dresser/closet.

5 people in the family -- saves a ton of time, eliminates a chore we all hate (sorting laundry), and if you "have nothing to wear" it's your own damn fault!!

Rack in the garage holds the baskets.
View Quote

So, you wash everything - darks and light clothes - together? I'd rather not wash my dark clothes in warm / hot water, and my light colored clothes in cold water.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I keep about 100 feet of extension cord wound up in a 5 gallon bucket.  Leave about 3 feet of the male end hanging out of the bucket, then coil the remaining cord inside the bucket.  Drop the male end, inside.  When you need to use, plug in the male end, grab the female end and pull out however much you need.   When finished, coil everything back up.   It stays nice, neat, and tangle free.   And you only have to pull out to the length you need.   You also have a bucket to throw a few odd hand tools in.   Works great for me.
View Quote

Just watch and make sure you don't melt the cord!  Ran a couple of computers off of only a 30 footer coiled up and it got too hot to touch with bare hands.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I keep about 100 feet of extension cord wound up in a 5 gallon bucket.  Leave about 3 feet of the male end hanging out of the bucket, then coil the remaining cord inside the bucket.  Drop the male end, inside.  When you need to use, plug in the male end, grab the female end and pull out however much you need.   When finished, coil everything back up.   It stays nice, neat, and tangle free.   And you only have to pull out to the length you need.   You also have a bucket to throw a few odd hand tools in.   Works great for me.
View Quote

I really like this one!??
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just watch and make sure you don't melt the cord!  Ran a couple of computers off of only a 30 footer coiled up and it got too hot to touch with bare hands.
View Quote

That doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I jerk off at least once a day, that helps.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That doesn't make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't make sense.

He probably had a short in the cord somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just use one of these..

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just use one of these..

https://www.northerntool.com/images/product/2000x2000/496/49697_2000x2000.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, our first life hack hack!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't use 16 or 18ga extension cords.  

12ga should be the minimum
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That isn't the point of hooker holes. It reduces your exposure with the body.

If you're digging a hole in the woods and a cop finds you they are going to look for a body. If you don't have one yet you are just a crazy guy digging holes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/WKhym5I.png

Use ball bungees to store your wrapped ratchet straps, and use them again to secure the excess tail when the strap is in use.

Leave the heavy end of the strap on the outside of the roll so you can hold it in your hand as you unfurl the mofo, and it doesn’t damage anything on the far side of your truck or trailer.

Bonus:  get flat hooks on your straps and orient them as shown so the hook cannot fall off if the strap somehow loses tension in transit.
View Quote

Now we're talkin'

I always carry a Swagger Stick. That way if anyone asks what the Swagger Stick is for I can say, "it's to keep...(whap)....stupid people...(Whap)...from asking...(WHAP)...STUPID...(WHAP!)...QUESTIONS...(WHAP,WHAP!!)

Great conversation starter and ender.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I used to put a spare key behind my license plate, but I ran one of the screws through the hole. No chance of it coming loose that way.
View Quote

A buddy of mine wrapped his key in a ziplock bag, then used electrical tape and taped it to a part of the suspension on his car (wrapped to the point it was all black and you couldn't tell what it was).

All you need is a knife to cut it free and it was accessible by just reaching under the car.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
On a night with heavy frost expected-pull your floor mat and put it on your windshield.  

Frost free driver side windshield the next morning in case you gotta bust out quick.  No scraping
View Quote

I just use some cardboard
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So, you wash everything - darks and light clothes - together? I'd rather not wash my dark clothes in warm / hot water, and my light colored clothes in cold water.
View Quote

For the kid's clothes, it doesn't matter, they have almost nothing white except my son's socks.

My clothes, I separate whites and darks -- whites get bleach every now and then too.

For the wife's clothes, not my problem, she can do what she wants.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the same thing blowing up a bouncy house. Cord was so melted I had to throw it away.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Use an instant pot - so much quicker for so many things you'd otherwise do on a stove, in an oven, in a crock pot, or in a steamer. Can also sous-vide or keep things hot and covered at a controlled temp for 12+ hours if you want.

Mine's an air-fryer too, so it makes awesome baked potatoes in about 1/2hr. 20 mins pressure cook, followed by six minutes a side in the air fryer at 400 with a light brushing of oil or butter to crisp them up.
View Quote

Ive used an IP for this but need to do the Fryer trick.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Buy a tractor.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I use RM43 around my fences so I'm not beating them up with the weed whacker every weekend.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whiskey makes everything better...

No but seriously idk why but I never knew this that the little arrow on your dash next to your gas gauge tells you which side your gas tank is on.  Really helps when I'm driving some of our work vehicles or someone elses car.

What about trucks?  My truck's original exhaust system tail pipe was opposite the filler door.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brilliant
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I use H.E.B. Curbside for groceries, I work 12 to 14 hrs a day, and don't like shopping afterwards. I can shop until I need groceries, so for days, I see my total before I buy, and make sure I add rhings I'm running out of before I do. It's free in my city now, thanks to covid, no more $5 change for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A buddy of mine wrapped his key in a ziplock bag, then used electrical tape and taped it to a part of the suspension on his car (wrapped to the point it was all black and you couldn't tell what it was).

All you need is a knife to cut it free and it was accessible by just reaching under the car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to put a spare key behind my license plate, but I ran one of the screws through the hole. No chance of it coming loose that way.

They make magnetic boxes for this purpose.  They work pretty well.

https://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Line-Magnetic-91501-Transponders/dp/B005L786EY/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&hvadid=409951316286&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9021523&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12769574689890565065&hvtargid=kwd-19361642928&hydadcr=24665_11410947&keywords=hide-a+key&qid=1620787051&sr=8-6
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On a night with heavy frost expected-pull your floor mat and put it on your windshield.  

Frost free driver side windshield the next morning in case you gotta bust out quick.  No scraping

Park in the garage.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Not quite simple but learning to make your own kydex holsters is a fantastic skill to have if you are a gun guy. i have saved and made thousands making holsters for myself and my buddies. startup cost is less than $100 if you already have a few power tools in your garage.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Some good stuff in here, gotta keep this alive.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not quite simple but learning to make your own kydex holsters is a fantastic skill to have if you are a gun guy. i have saved and made thousands making holsters for myself and my buddies. startup cost is less than $100 if you already have a few power tools in your garage.
View Quote

Not only that, kydex is just a super handy thing to have on hand.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Stay out of other peoples business
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@evnash, @macman37
Is there a starter kit list somewhere? Or did you guys just youtube it?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@evnash, @macman37
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@evnash, @macman37

There are probably kits. There were a few Youtube videos when I started, now probably a ton more.

I went to Knifekits.com and got most if not all my stuff there separately.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Relax, it's just a joke.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Learn to roll them up:

How To Quickly Deal with Leftover Ratchet Strap!

Skip to 5:30 on this one:

Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Instead of using a dish to eat off of, and having to deal with that mess later, use a paper towel, folding it in half for messier things, and eating it over the sink.

You can just throw out the paper towel and wash the gunk and your fingers off all at the same time.

Also pro-tip:  You can eat right out of the container, over the sink for extra efficiency.
View Quote

You must not be married.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Don't do stupid shit.  IF you do stupid shit, don't take pictures.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#47]

LOL BRILLIANT!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Or, just slip the spare door key in your wallet.  No screwdriver needed, and my wallet never leaves my pants
View Quote

You must not be married.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Double down: When you return the rental, top the gas tank off with the garden hose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Don't sweat the small stuff.
After cleaning your AR, a pitcher of boiling water through the barrel will pop out quite a bit of small copper and brass pieces.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top