Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 3:43:39 AM EDT
[#1]
AR45 or AR20 just make sure you get the 10oz+ buffer
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Macon Armory 45 DI.
Shoots any ammo, light loads, +P loads, light bullets, and heavy bullets.
Recoil not much more than a 10/22 due to very light buffer (have 2 oz. in mine)
Familiar AR platform.
Punches large diameter holes in target...
High velocities due to 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thread question? A lever gun in .44, .460 or .500 Magnum. Pick your poison and needs, I went with .fowty fow.

Poll question? I would probably go for a CMMG Banshee though I would like to try the 2nd gen Extar. I don't get to shoot hardly as much as I would like, and when I do I prefer to shoot outdoors which usually means I can shoot 5.56. The Extar seems like the best dollar fit for my limited needs (shooting an 'AR thing' indoors during the winter).
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
No Stribog?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP:  Do you carry a 9mm pistol and, if so, what kind.  (If you don't mind me asking.)

Your response to this question doesn't weigh heavily in some folks' answer to your original question (and that's fine), but it always has for me.
View Quote

My edc is a Sig P365 SAS.  AND a S&W 442 with a Desantis pocket clip.  

My "special area" carry is the above with G19 in a sob.

I am a firm believer that a second(third?) gun is faster than a tactical reload if you have an issue.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
CX-4 Storm fan checking in.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My edc is a Sig P365 SAS.  AND a S&W 442 with a Desantis pocket clip.  

My "special area" carry is the above with G19 in a sob.

I am a firm believer that a second(third?) gun is faster than a tactical reload if you have an issue.
View Quote

Your belief is wrong if you spend even a little time practicing reloads.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my Mpx over my traditional blow back pcc’s

Mags are crazy pricy though and plan on putting a new trigger in it. The factory trigger in mine was the proverbial 12 pound brick down a gravel driveway… double taps were almost impossible.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New 3+ is sooooo sick. Other than new magazines it's the best in every regard over the previous Gen.

And 30rd mags are readily Available already and cheap and magpul is gearing up for the newer style

Just got mine for $1100

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224586/7708C467-3B59-4AFE-BEBD-2E31582D08CF_png-2527843.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224586/43CBEADD-3AD4-486B-BB54-B7B27E5A1C6E_png-2527844.JPG
View Quote

It's pretty damn awesome. My buddy and i both bought the 3+ micro. I replaced the trigger spring to lighten it up and it's perfect at this point.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sig MPX too spendy and tends to get unsupported when the next gen arrives.  I can only afford 1 mag.  

MP5, way too spendy for an actual, but my .mil time with them was FUN.  We kept one as a truck gun and we didn't know what that meant.  Controls not the easiest to use in a stressful situation and lack of LRBHO are annoying when compared to more modern weapons.  Copy guns seem to be not near as reliable and wouldn't trust my life with one.

PSA AR7, looked promising until you read the countless FTF issues with HP ammo.  I want a self defense PCC 100% reliable with HP.  Also heavy.

B&T, I'm poor and would keep one in the safe if owned.  

CMMG Banshee.  This one seemed to check all my boxes.  In-person it somehow feels a lot heavier than it should to me and the AR buffer tube sucks for length.  Expensive, but it seems very quality almost too pretty to be a work gun.  

Thought about a cheapo Extar, but the new version proprietary non-collapsing crap brace ruins it for me.  Too long and looks like something I'd use for ice climbing.  

Foxtrot Mike FM9, seems ok and maybe an option?  Blowback AR9 operation sucks and not sure how well it would supress when I jb weld an oil filter on during end days in Minecraft.  

Stribog SP9A3S.  Seems neat and maybe my #1, but I haven't seen one in the wild.  Unfortunately it looks like it needs to be modified like the entire lower replaced, which isn't on my to-do list.  Also, plenty of reviews showing it hates HP ammo.  

I voted and bought a CZ Scorpion.  
Then decided I'm too lazy to modify it before even shooting it.  It's one of those guns that needs a few things to feel normal in my opinion.  I know, just grip and safety for starters.  

So I have a NIB FDE Scorpion pistol that I'd like to maybe sell.  What's it worth face to face sale in Dallas area?  I've never sold a gun.  Lol.  

My Scorpion looks like this because this is where I bought it:

https://i.postimg.cc/85phvsXb/Screenshot-20220726-203528-Chrome.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am currently looking at 2 PCC in 9mm.
I am open to others, if my choices are not optimal.

If you disagree with my 2 options, sub $2000, then please respond with a different choice.

Thanks

Sig MPX too spendy and tends to get unsupported when the next gen arrives.  I can only afford 1 mag.  

MP5, way too spendy for an actual, but my .mil time with them was FUN.  We kept one as a truck gun and we didn't know what that meant.  Controls not the easiest to use in a stressful situation and lack of LRBHO are annoying when compared to more modern weapons.  Copy guns seem to be not near as reliable and wouldn't trust my life with one.

PSA AR7, looked promising until you read the countless FTF issues with HP ammo.  I want a self defense PCC 100% reliable with HP.  Also heavy.

B&T, I'm poor and would keep one in the safe if owned.  

CMMG Banshee.  This one seemed to check all my boxes.  In-person it somehow feels a lot heavier than it should to me and the AR buffer tube sucks for length.  Expensive, but it seems very quality almost too pretty to be a work gun.  

Thought about a cheapo Extar, but the new version proprietary non-collapsing crap brace ruins it for me.  Too long and looks like something I'd use for ice climbing.  

Foxtrot Mike FM9, seems ok and maybe an option?  Blowback AR9 operation sucks and not sure how well it would supress when I jb weld an oil filter on during end days in Minecraft.  

Stribog SP9A3S.  Seems neat and maybe my #1, but I haven't seen one in the wild.  Unfortunately it looks like it needs to be modified like the entire lower replaced, which isn't on my to-do list.  Also, plenty of reviews showing it hates HP ammo.  

I voted and bought a CZ Scorpion.  
Then decided I'm too lazy to modify it before even shooting it.  It's one of those guns that needs a few things to feel normal in my opinion.  I know, just grip and safety for starters.  

So I have a NIB FDE Scorpion pistol that I'd like to maybe sell.  What's it worth face to face sale in Dallas area?  I've never sold a gun.  Lol.  

My Scorpion looks like this because this is where I bought it:

https://i.postimg.cc/85phvsXb/Screenshot-20220726-203528-Chrome.jpg

You should have waited and picked up a evo 3+. They changed the grip, added a ar15 style mag release, and polymer hand guard on the micro version.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Beretta CX4 Carbine
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#12]
If I was going to get another PCC, I'd strongly consider the Beretta CX4 again.

The ability to use CX or 92 series magazines is good and that was the platform I trained on to become proficient with support side shooting.  I remember the 6 months or so in 2010-2011 where I gradually increased my allotment each time to that purpose, and the CX4 ran and ran and ran and ran.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MP5
View Quote

YUP

ETA: I did not see what Scorpion you listed but that would be a very close second for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@tenex what am I looking at?
View All Quotes

MP5 brass
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
B&T APC9
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Mp5 clone.

Best option for the price
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

MP5 brass
View All Quotes

Correct. Well, actually it’s MP5K brass

@Tobysi
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
KUSA KP9 hands down
View Quote

I agree completely.  My PTR has been perfect but my KR9 is more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#20]
After doing a little research, and the number of big stick Glock mags I own, I am probably going to go with the B&T APC9 with the Glock lower.  Little more to save up, but seems to be the better choice, all things considered.  

Thanks for all the responses.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#21]

I want that
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Performance-per-dollar you aren't going to beat the AR9 platform.  I prefer the Colt pattern mags, but if you're a Glock person the Glock mag version probably makes sense.

Take the money you save and buy a nice trigger, whichever of about 87 zillion furniture options suits you, and a dot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Sterling!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#24]
MP5 clone.

The platform's lack of a LRBHO is a feature that allows you to fully utilize the MP5 slap for the duration of your shooting range trip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#25]
My only issue with the op-- if its supposed to be "enough to get you home to the bigger toys," youve already admitted that 9mm is a less than ideal tool for whatever situation you're envisioning. Given that there are more effective calibers in the same footprint/weight class, why not just skip 9mm and go to them directly?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My only issue with the op-- if its supposed to be "enough to get you home to the bigger toys," youve already admitted that 9mm is a less than ideal tool for whatever situation you're envisioning. Given that there are more effective calibers in the same footprint/weight class, why not just skip 9mm and go to them directly?
View Quote

Well, technically It just needs to get me back to my truck and the AK47 and AR10 rifles I carry there.  

Honestly, If the USA shits the bed truly, then I'm likely to not even make it long enough to make a difference.  

I skipped the part of my bio-chemistry class that explained how to make insulin.  Type 1 on an insulin pump.  I keep about 12 months of supplies on hand.  If I can keep it cold.  EMP and that's less than 3 months supply.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Every American needs a grease gun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I really like my Sig MP K-Pistol (well, now technically an SBR).  So much so that I have a Rattler 300BO somewhere in the 9 Circles of Form 4 Hell.

It shoots well, easy to handle, runs clean.  The Timney trigger that came stock with mine is actually really good.  I have an extended handguard for it, intended for a suppressor, but I'm waiting to get the Rattler form 4 bullshit sorted out before I drop money on a suppressor through SilencerShop's system again.

I shot a friend's Scorpion a long time ago and didn't care for it, although maybe I need to give the new one a try again.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Suppressed - full auto - 9mm Sterling L34A1 Mk5

I do own a Sterling L2A3 conversion into semi auto carbine...but the collapsible butt stock is a con. If I had the wampum, I'd buy the full auto suppressed - about $10,000 - $15,000 range.

WARNING!!! - Danger of OOB's occurring if a Sterling 34 round magazine is used in a STEN submachinegun.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Depends what you want it for.

The most usable/functional is a CMMG Banshee, period.

Others I have that I like:

Another CMMG Banshee.
Kriss Vector
MKE MP5 clone
MKE MP5K clone
UZI - cool for collecting, but that's about it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52280153532_3f12490066_k.jpg
View Quote

Au contraire, mon frere... the Uzi is an excellent PCC. Accurate, insanely reliable, affordable and pretty-much indestructable magazines, and still short even with a full 16" barrel. Armson makes a good sight mount for it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi-Point is actually kinda solid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Glock mag Stribog. Its got all the goodies: glock mags, roller delayed, awesome trigger, folding stock, price, etc.
View Quote
Whoa, thanks for bringing gun this up!  After doing some research, I think this might be my next gun.  The SP9A3G with SBT brace seems to check all the boxes.  

Whatever it is, I want something that's delayed blowback since I'll be using a suppressor.  I've shot suppressed PCCs that are straight blowback and was not impressed - way too much port pop.

Was originally looking at the US made Zenith ZF-5, but just seems like a significant amount of money for something that isn't real HK and then I also get to pay the HK tax on any accessories.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Performance-per-dollar you aren't going to beat the AR9 platform.  I prefer the Colt pattern mags, but if you're a Glock person the Glock mag version probably makes sense.

Take the money you save and buy a nice trigger, whichever of about 87 zillion furniture options suits you, and a dot.
View Quote

I can’t quite wrap my head around the AR-9 platform. The buffer tube is unnecessary and a serious drawback on the 9mm platform, as it lengthens the gun and forces you to get a red dot riser. Aren’t AR9s direct blowback too? Normal PCCs don’t have these problems.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Scorpion fits this bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly truck gun.  Fun range toy.  But reliable and accurate enough to get me to my house where the bigger toys are.  

Scorpion fits this bill.

Super reliable and inexpensive in its place in the market, mags are cheap.  Only reason I sold mine was that the poor ergonomics (for me, YMMV) on the safety lever and that mag release...
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
AR45 or AR20 just make sure you get the 10oz+ buffer
View Quote

Go DI and avoid the heavy buffer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I vote "other".

Go Old School.  Rossi 92 in .357
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
MP5
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm a poor, so I just have a 9mm AR and not a MP5.
View Quote

So convert that shit to roller locked. That’s what I did. It’s awesome.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So convert that shot to roller locked. That’s what I did. It’s awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a poor, so I just have a 9mm AR and not a MP5.

So convert that shot to roller locked. That’s what I did. It’s awesome.

Info on turning a BB AR9 to roller delayed BB goodness?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#40]
i was set on an MP5 clone but did not want to deal with MP5 issues and non HK mags are hit and miss, HK mags are $$

i went with a BT APC 9k that takes glock mags.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Info on turning a BB AR9 to roller delayed BB goodness?
View Quote

Scheel Manufacturing Roller Locked Conversion

This is everything it’s cracked up to be. My USPSA PCC with this, a 10” barrel and 6” comp is the smoothest PCC I’ve ever shot.

With the roller locked conversion my USPSA load of 124gr @1,100 fps shoots significantly softer with less dot bounce than my Steel Challenge load of 100gr @ 750fps in a conventional blowback gun.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#42]
SP5.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well, technically It just needs to get me back to my truck and the AK47 and AR10 rifles I carry there.  

Honestly, If the USA shits the bed truly, then I'm likely to not even make it long enough to make a difference.  

I skipped the part of my bio-chemistry class that explained how to make insulin.  Type 1 on an insulin pump.  I keep about 12 months of supplies on hand.  If I can keep it cold.  EMP and that's less than 3 months supply.  
View Quote

Points for honesty. I be a poor loot drop myself.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
MP5
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Scheel Manufacturing Roller Locked Conversion

This is everything it’s cracked up to be. My USPSA PCC with this, a 10” barrel and 6” comp is the smoothest PCC I’ve ever shot.

With the roller locked conversion my USPSA load of 124gr @1,100 fps shoots significantly softer with less dot bounce than my Steel Challenge load of 100gr @ 750fps in a conventional blowback gun.
View Quote

Very interesting. How difficult was it to tune to your ammo? I only run 147gr subs around 1,000fps in all my 9mm guns to keep reloading simpler and shooting suppressed. Any issues with heavy subs or is it designed more for lightweight 100-125gr loads?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No Stribog?
View Quote

Any feedback on this?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I say the Scorpion.  With so many ways to change it up with cheap parts, it's a great overall option.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Very interesting. How difficult was it to tune to your ammo? I only run 147gr subs around 1,000fps in all my 9mm guns to keep reloading simpler and shooting suppressed. Any issues with heavy subs or is it designed more for lightweight 100-125gr loads?
View Quote

Don’t tune your ammo, tune the buffer.  It’s super easy. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#49]
357 mag unless you are hunting. Really big stuff.
My rossie 357 stomped a couple of 125# hogs on my back rode.  Bang flop.

H110 and a cast and powder coated 158 grain bullet moving 1700 fps is no slouch.

Edited.

Sorry somehow I thought I was in the lever gun thread at least diameters are the same for the most part l
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I will repeat what I’ve said before (as I own most currently available PCC platforms and several submachine guns): if you want quality and nostalgia, the Century AP5 is an insane value at about 1100; if you want modern functionality and quality, the B&T GHM9 is the absolute value in their line. Everything else that’s more expensive is only incrementally better or you’re paying for R&R (see e.g. CMMG). Everything cheaper is straight blowback without a pneumatic buffer like in the B&Ts (mostly) and with have much more recoil.

My downstairs home defense gun is an original import Zenith K model (now the AP5), which was made in Turkey. It’s been great and anyone in my family can operate it. Upstairs I have a MK18, but I wouldn’t hesitate to use any of my B&T guns.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top