[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Best way to nap
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck netflix and their horrible "adaptions".

I unsubscribed months ago, and I don't miss it
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
The dub for S4 of Overlord starts today and will be only two weeks behind the sub.

Personally, I look forward to enjoying both the sub and the dub. YMMV.

Here is some of the cast:

Attachment Attached File

Link

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Is that the one where there's no real introductions to the characters and it just dumps you into the story as if you already knew who everyone is?  I had to check multiple sources what the first episode was because I was convinced I must have missed some episodes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Watched the first couple episodes of Dropkick on My Devil!!! X

IMHO it got off to a slow-ish start but then rapidly picked up the pace.

It has mostly consisted of self-aware (but non-ecchi) fan service, such as gratuitously demolishing 'the fourth wall', while serving up a nearly-nonstop overload of expected but welcome physical comedy.

I am really enjoying it.

It's good to see the regular cast of characters again, each with their own shtick honed to near-perfection, along with the introduction of some new players (I'll never look at a green onion or a game of karuta anymore in quite the same way as before).

The writers clearly had as much fun creating it as the viewers are having while watching it.

If you haven't taken in the first two seasons yet, but your sense of humor is a bit skewed toward the juvenile and slapstick is 'your thing', then you've got to make an effort to binge watch it, so that you can fully appreciate the new season of 'X'.

[Disclaimer: Medusa is my waifu.]

Is that the one where there's no real introductions to the characters and it just dumps you into the story as if you already knew who everyone is?  I had to check multiple sources what the first episode was because I was convinced I must have missed some episodes.
You just described Buckaroo Banzai.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mort:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Watched the first couple episodes of Dropkick on My Devil!!! X

IMHO it got off to a slow-ish start but then rapidly picked up the pace.

It has mostly consisted of self-aware (but non-ecchi) fan service, such as gratuitously demolishing 'the fourth wall', while serving up a nearly-nonstop overload of expected but welcome physical comedy.

I am really enjoying it.

It's good to see the regular cast of characters again, each with their own shtick honed to near-perfection, along with the introduction of some new players (I'll never look at a green onion or a game of karuta anymore in quite the same way as before).

The writers clearly had as much fun creating it as the viewers are having while watching it.

If you haven't taken in the first two seasons yet, but your sense of humor is a bit skewed toward the juvenile and slapstick is 'your thing', then you've got to make an effort to binge watch it, so that you can fully appreciate the new season of 'X'.

[Disclaimer: Medusa is my waifu.]

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
The finale episode of Komi was fun. I hope it gets a second season
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By oscardeuce:
The finale episode of Komi was fun. I hope it gets a second season
View Quote

You mean a third, right?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
E2 of Slave Harem in the Labyrinth really sucked.  I HATE it when an anime shows a huge flashforward early in the series spoiling a ton of info for no good reason.  Part of the fun for me of watching a harem is being introduced to each of the girls as the season/series progresses.  When they have a flashforward and just straight up show me who the girls in the harem will be and what they look like it totally ruins the surprise.

Then after pissing me off with the spoilers the episode then spent the rest of its time boring the hell out of me.  Not even halfway through E2 and I was already tempted to fastforward just so the damn episode could be over.  I'll give it one more episode to turn it around otherwise I'm out and that would set a new personal record for fastest time I dropped a ecchi/harem.
View Quote

Well, E3 was another trash episode so I’m throwing in the towel.  And for someone with a bar for “watchable harem/ecchi” that is so ridiculously low that’s saying a lot about how bad it has to be to get me to quit after E3 (and making it that far was a serious struggle).

A harem/ecchi with no harem and little ecchi. One of the most annoying things in anime for me is when an anime doesn’t know what it is.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Forgot One Piece
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Well, E3 was another trash episode so I’m throwing in the towel.  And for someone with a bar for “watchable harem/ecchi” that is so ridiculously low that’s saying a lot about how bad it has to be to get me to quit after E3 (and making it that far was a serious struggle).

A harem/ecchi with no harem and little ecchi. One of the most annoying things in anime for me is when an anime doesn’t know what it is.  

https://i.imgur.com/UocJZG5.gif
View All Quotes
E2 of Slave Harem in the Labyrinth really sucked.  I HATE it when an anime shows a huge flashforward early in the series spoiling a ton of info for no good reason.  Part of the fun for me of watching a harem is being introduced to each of the girls as the season/series progresses.  When they have a flashforward and just straight up show me who the girls in the harem will be and what they look like it totally ruins the surprise.

Then after pissing me off with the spoilers the episode then spent the rest of its time boring the hell out of me.  Not even halfway through E2 and I was already tempted to fastforward just so the damn episode could be over.  I'll give it one more episode to turn it around otherwise I'm out and that would set a new personal record for fastest time I dropped a ecchi/harem.

https://i.imgur.com/UocJZG5.gif

They are slow on the uptake with the ‘harem’ aspect, and, at least on Crunchyroll, the stroll through the red light district had even the mildest hint of naughty bits blocked.

However the writers do seem to have nailed their depiction of the guilt-free sociopathic psychopathic mercenary personality type - but somehow that part never seems to have made it into the show title.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#13]
What d'you guys suppose the odds are that "Uncle From Another World" ever gets a dub?
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
What d'you guys suppose the odds are that "Uncle From Another World" ever gets a dub?
View Quote

Well it's Netflix so it could go either way.  I personally love hearing Takehito Koyasu the voice of Dio as Uncle.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Behind Door #1, we have the solution to Cultural Marxism, Critical Race Theory, and the DNC.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Behind Door #1, we have the solution to Cultural Marxism, Critical Race Theory, and the DNC.
View Quote
I suspect the moral of the original death note is that the japanese education system seems to breed excellent psychopaths, most of them just don't have magic anonymous murder powers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:14:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#17]
I suspect the moral of the original death note is that the japanese education system seems to breed excellent psychopaths, most of them just don't have magic anonymous murder powers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

The underlying theme of Lycoris Recoil seems to be that the peace of a nation can be maintained by a secret force that deals with the threats to that peace by quickly eliminating them, wiping out their existence before they can do any more harm to society.  That secret force must have the ability to blend into normal society, not looking out of place in a variety of situations.  What better choice than high school girls?  By taking in orphans and abandoned children, they can train them into agents that can look cute and fashionable, but also put a bullet through your brain the moment they detect you are doing something you shouldn't.

Toss teenage hormones and catty behavior into the mix and...  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JPN:

The underlying theme of Lycoris Recoil seems to be that the peace of a nation can be maintained by a secret force that deals with the threats to that peace by quickly eliminating them, wiping out their existence before they can do any more harm to society.  That secret force must have the ability to blend into normal society, not looking out of place in a variety of situations.  What better choice than high school girls?  By taking in orphans and abandoned children, they can train
them into agents that can look cute and fashionable, but also put a bullet through your brain the moment they detect you are doing something you shouldn't.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:17:51 AM EDT
[#19]
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated dub came out today.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:19:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#20]

The underlying theme of Lycoris Recoil seems to be that the peace of a nation can be maintained by a secret force that deals with the threats to that peace by quickly eliminating them, wiping out their existence before they can do any more harm to society.  That secret force must have the ability to blend into normal society, not looking out of place in a variety of situations.  What better choice than high school girls?  By taking in orphans and abandoned children, they can train them into agents that can look cute and fashionable, but also put a bullet through your brain the moment they detect you are doing something you shouldn't.

Toss teenage hormones and catty behavior into the mix and...  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?
View Quote

So, Gunslinger Girl?

*Edit*

Beat by a mile, so figured I might as well correct the title while I'm here. With so many girls on the cover, you think the title would be plural.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:20:04 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
I may have to watch. Compare it to the original Great Jahy VA
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:23:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

So, Gunslinger Girls?

View Quote

Pretty much, but not as dark and depressing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:49:08 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Don't you be toying with me!
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:53:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#24]
View All Quotes
He ain't lyin'

Attachment Attached File

Edit: and the only voice I would recognize is the narrator

At least according to the ANN article.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Now watch the OVA.
View Quote
About to finish it's last episode
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:54:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Finished My Dress Up Darling. Probably made me laugh the most out of every other anime I've watched. Hope they have a season 2 plus more
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Sounds like fun. Picking that up right now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RouxGaRoux:
Finished My Dress Up Darling. Probably made me laugh the most out of every other anime I've watched. Hope they have a season 2 plus more
View Quote

Go watch Haganai.  It’s OVA alone gave me more literal LOL moments than some other comedy anime did in an entire season.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I was surprised, I really like that show
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Watched Great Jahey ep 1 last night. I can't say the voices were bad. The voice acting was good, but I don't seem to be any more capable in being completely willing to believe in a Japanese woman with a heavy southern American accent than I was in my youth when the JSDF sergeant in one of the original Godzilla movies was ordering his men around in a Brooklyn accent. It's just kinda disjointing.

Other than that, I'll be continuing as the eps come out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Watched Great Jahey ep 1 last night. I can't say the voices were bad. The voice acting was good, but I don't seem to be any more capable in being completely willing to believe in a Japanese woman with a heavy southern American accent than I was in my youth when the JSDF sergeant in one of the original Godzilla movies was ordering his men around in a Brooklyn accent. It's just kinda disjointing.

View Quote

Lol! Which character did they give the accent? The landlord?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#32]
If you would have told me a month ago I'd be prioritizing watching a new episode of Call of the Night over watching a new episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer I would have said you were batshit crazy.  And yet here we are.

Edit: And after watching E2 of The Devil is a Part-Timer my decision was DEFINITELY justified.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#33]
If you would have told me a month ago I'd be prioritizing watching a new episode of Call of the Night over watching a new episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer I would have said you were batshit crazy.  And yet here we are.
View Quote
It's my favorite new one at this time. Can't wait to watch it when I get home.

8.5 more hours
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I loved S1 of The Devil is a Part-Timer so they have a lot of leeway with me, but these first two episodes of S2 have been so bad that if this was a new anime I would definitely drop it at this point and never even consider picking it back up in the future.

It's been boring, unfunny (I don't think I've so much as cracked a smile once, let alone laughed), and they are trying WAY too hard to make that annoying baby seem cute and charming.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I’m about halfway through Vinland saga, it’s very disjointing to watch Vikings speak in Japanese.

Definitely better in the English dub.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

I’m about halfway through Vinland saga, it’s very disjointing to watch Vikings speak in Japanese.

View Quote

I know what you mean.

I just started watching Maria the Virgin Witch, and the French and English both speak Japanese.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Her boss.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:05:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Her boss.
View Quote

Big boobs with a southern accent?
Huh, might be worth a watch.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#39]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

View All Quotes
Her boss.

I think it’s still worth a watch, but Jahy’s boss definitely does NOT have a Southern accent, IMO.  Her voice kinda reminded me of an English version of Uzaki-chan’s mom’s voice in the sub.  Though them looking similar might have contributed somewhat to me thinking that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 3:09:48 AM EDT
[#40]

I think it's still worth a watch, but Jahy's boss definitely does NOT have a Southern accent, IMO.  Her voice kinda reminded me of an English version of Uzaki-chan's mom's voice in the sub.  Though them looking similar might have contributed somewhat to me thinking that.
View All Quotes
Her boss.

I think it's still worth a watch, but Jahy's boss definitely does NOT have a Southern accent, IMO.  Her voice kinda reminded me of an English version of Uzaki-chan's mom's voice in the sub.  Though them looking similar might have contributed somewhat to me thinking that.
Just went back and watched a bit. Definitely southern. Not Texas Pantomime southern, but southern.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 3:50:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Just went back and watched a bit. Definitely southern. Not Texas Pantomime southern, but southern.
View All Quotes
Her boss.

I thought maybe I flat out missed it so after you posted that I rewatched the scene with her and Jahy in the break room. I’ve interacted with literally thousands of different Southerns from Texas to South Carolina (family, college, work, etc) and based on my experiences Jahy’s boss does not have a Southern accent.  The speed with which she talks is a bit slower like some Southern accents, but that’s it.

I would say maybe the VA is attempting to do a Southern accent and just sucks at it, but even that is usually very obvious the attempt to do a Southern is being made.  Like Nicholas Cage in Con Air.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 5:02:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#43]

I'm about halfway through Vinland saga, it's very disjointing to watch Vikings speak in Japanese.

View All Quotes

I'm about halfway through Vinland saga, it's very disjointing to watch Vikings speak in Japanese.

Watching a giant blond viking dude screaming Subarashii in the middle of battle was really weird.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Started Jahy but didn't really care for it. Stopped around episode 3
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:46:15 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm going to keep watching the adaptation of Yofukashi No Uta, but only because I already know I like the story. The anime is kinda meh. It has good points, like the VAs for Nazuna and Ko are both doing great, and the background art is beautiful. The character animation is just not doing it for me.

Lycoris Recoil, however, holy shit. They had me at

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
I'm going to keep watching the adaptation of Yofukashi No Uta, but only because I already know I like the story. The anime is kinda meh. It has good points, like the VAs for Nazuna and Ko are both doing great, and the background art is beautiful. The character animation is just not doing it for me.

Lycoris Recoil, however, holy shit. They had me at

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
They should have named it jk murder squad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Dang, I’m really liking Isekai Ojisan (Uncle from another world).
The dry humor, and quick turns are great.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:42:05 AM EDT
[#48]
They should have named it jk murder squad.
View Quote

OR:

JKOD-D: Cure Girls Doing Counter Terrorism
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#49]
I have now determined that "Don't Hurt Me, My Healer!" is absurd. That is all.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Started Jahy but didn't really care for it. Stopped around episode 3
View Quote

Page / 762
Who watches Anime? (Page 575 of 762)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top