Who watches Anime? (Page 429 of 766)
Page / 766
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I honestly can't tell if you're making a joke or being serious.
View Quote

I'm being serious. In the anime Ainz said the creatures would be similar to chimera from YGGDRASIL, then Demiurge said would ableon sheep work for a name. Ainz then says ableon goats.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

I'm being serious. In the anime Ainz said the creatures would be similar to chimaera from YGGDRASIL, then Demiurge said would ableon sheep work for a name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I honestly can't tell if you're making a joke or being serious.

I'm being serious. In the anime Ainz said the creatures would be similar to chimaera from YGGDRASIL, then Demiurge said would ableon sheep work for a name.

The "bipedal sheep” Demiurge said he used to make the scrolls were actually humans.  That's the joke.  "Bipedal sheep"?  Get it?

Ainz being oblivious while his subordinates think he knows everything is a running gag.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:52:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#4]

The "bipedal sheep” Demiurge said he used to make the scrolls were actually humans.  That's the joke.  "Bipedal sheep"?  Get it?

Ainz being oblivious while his subordinates think he knows everything is a running gag.
View Quote

I missed the bipedal part. I'll need to rewatch that soon, but "In YGGDRASIL, Chimeras walked around on two sheep legs and used their lion legs as arms to initiate attacks"

"Chimera possess the heads of both a lion and a mountain goat, as well as the tail of a snake, paws of a lion, and legs of a mountain sheep"

Either way, it does not say how they were skinned. No mention if alive or dead, so I don't see torture.

I'm familiar with the running gag that Ainz is oblivious to "some" things, nowhere near all. E.I. when Demiurge says "that one time" and Ainz says "what time" in his human voice, when talking about Demiurge's plan to conquer the world.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cansiae1nundatio:
Probably an unpopular opinion, but if I had omitted the Chimera Ant arc I wouldn't have lost much. It dragged on WAAAYYY too long.

I loved it up to that point. YMMV
View Quote

I did enjoy the Any acr but damn man you aren’t kidding and what made it worse is the narrator wouldn’t shut the fuck up he would drone on about shit that was obvious to the viewer it was really annoying (at least in the Dub)

I’m enjoying 1999 though I just finished episode 20 it covers a good amount of Hunter exam scenes the newer one skipped
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Starting Girls Bravo. Been ages since I watched it, but it's pretty good.

https://i.imgur.com/n0CKO7f.jpg
View Quote

Shit it’s been a long ass time for me too… haven’t given that show a thought in quite a while
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#7]

Your a garbage human being for posting this

I must counter the filth with something truly wholesome something the whole family can post

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#8]

I missed the bipedal part. I'll need to rewatch that soon, but "In YGGDRASIL, Chimeras walked around on two sheep legs and used their lion legs as arms to initiate attacks"

"Chimera possess the heads of both a lion and a mountain goat, as well as the tail of a snake, paws of a lion, and legs of a mountain sheep"

Either way, it does not say how they were skinned. No mention if alive or dead, so I don't see torture.
View All Quotes

I guess I could see how some people might miss that, but Ainz not picking up on Demiurge's "bipedal sheep” being humans is supposed to be a joke. Before that Ainz even comments on the "throne" Demiurge created for him had human bones on it.  Ainz not wanting to sit on it is what lead to Shalltear's "punishment."

Ainz doesn't personally, but he does turn a blind eye (though maybe he's just oblivious) to his subordinates doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans and innocent demihumans.  Ainz told them "always act in the best interest of Nazarick" and that can be very open to interpretation.

Can you point out a specific instance of that?

That's what brought up the Happy Farm.

I don't know what to tell you, bro. Demiurge is running multiple farms that arguably put the horror of Nazi concentration camps to shame.  That seems like a pretty good example of "doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans" to me. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:21:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#9]

I don't know what to tell you, bro. Demiurge is running multiple farms that arguably put the horror of Nazi concentration camps to shame.  That seems like a pretty good example of "doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans" to me. YMMV.
View Quote

That's not in the anime though. That's why I have no clue about it. I only know what's said about a place where they make scrolls.

I don't read manga, light novels, or anything for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Shit it’s been a long ass time for me too… haven’t given that show a thought in quite a while
View Quote

I forgot a what the show was about. Watched the first episode, oh yeah, now I remember. Overall, it's really good for a 2004 show.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]

I forgot a what the show was about. Watched the first episode, oh yeah, now I remember. Overall, it's really good for a 2004 show.
View Quote

The only memory I can bring up is the main girl is like the only girl the MC can touch?

Any other girls touches him and I believe he shits, cries and cums all at once … or something like that lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#12]
Both Rimuru and Ainz use a very similar command structure, including delegation of duties with the exception that Rimuru doesn’t have a clear second in command like Ainz does with Albedo.

Second in command

Ainz…Albedo
Rimuru…Shion (maybe)

Battle planners

Ainz…Demiurge,
Rimuru…Rigurd
In this category Ainz is clearly ahead, Demiurge is vicious, cunning, and ruthless.

Lieutenants vs lieutenants

Shalltear vs Milim
This one is tough, but I’m going with Milim, one of Rimuru’s strongest followers

Shion vs Albedo
This goes to Albedo, Shion is strong but impetuous, Albedo is calculating and well versed in battle.

Cocytus vs Geld
Tough one, I think Geld has a slight edge due to orc demon power

Aura and Mare Bella vs Diablo
I give this one to Diablo one of the seven primordial demons, but it won’t be as easy as many here think, no one gets out undamaged

The Pleiades sisters and Sebas vs pretty much every one else
The true free for all will be here, lots of death and destruction to take them down, a battle of attrition I’m not even going to try and call, Souei, Hakuro, and Benimaru will be in on it

Other influences…
For Rimuru he had the Dryads, and Veldora Tempest the Storm dragon to help.

For Einz, he has his kingdom under control with no enemies in position to try and destroy him (which Rimurur does)
Also, as mentioned, he and his have no problem killing EVERYONE, one of Rimurus issues is he can agonize too long on making the hard choices.

As to the respective MC’s powers, I think Rimuru has Einz beat, his new found powers as a demon lord are quite impressive, even by Einz standards.

Yeah, I know, it’s all just a nice mind game, and I’m sure someone will be along quickly to tell me where I’m wrong, but ahh well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm familiar with the running gag that Ainz is oblivious to "some" things, nowhere near all. E.I. when Demiurge says "that one time" and Ainz says "what time" in his human voice, when talking about Demiurge's plan to conquer the world.
View Quote
I suspect the "bipedal sheep" are probably skinned alive then healed.  That way they become a renewable resource.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mort:
I suspect the "bipedal sheep" are probably skinned alive then healed.  That way they become a renewable resource.
View Quote

They are.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#15]

The only memory I can bring up is the main girl is like the only girl the MC can touch?

Any other girls touches him and I believe he shits, cries and cums all at once … or something like that lol
View Quote

LOL no. He gets a rash.

I totally forgot this scene.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

They are.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. It's not in the anime, so I had no clue.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

They are.

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#18]

That's not in the anime though. That's why I have no clue about it. I only know what's said about a place where they make scrolls.

View All Quotes

They don't go into great detail about it, but, yeah, it's in the anime.  Demiurge's scroll farm and his happy farm are both referenced.   The scroll farm was somewhat vague, but one of Demiurge's subordinates talked to Mare about the happy farm/breeding experiment farm.  Early S3, IIRC.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Both Rimuru and Ainz use a very similar command structure, including delegation of duties with the exception that Rimuru doesn’t have a clear second in command like Ainz does with Albedo.

Second in command

Ainz…Albedo
Rimuru…Shion (maybe)

Battle planners

Ainz…Demiurge,
Rimuru…Rigurd
In this category Ainz is clearly ahead, Demiurge is vicious, cunning, and ruthless.

Lieutenants vs lieutenants

Shalltear vs Milim
This one is tough, but I’m going with Milim, one of Rimuru’s strongest followers

Shion vs Albedo
This goes to Albedo, Shion is strong but impetuous, Albedo is calculating and well versed in battle.

Cocytus vs Geld
Tough one, I think Geld has a slight edge due to orc demon power

Aura and Mare Bella vs Diablo
I give this one to Diablo one of the seven primordial demons, but it won’t be as easy as many here think, no one gets out undamaged

The Pleiades sisters and Sebas vs pretty much every one else
The true free for all will be here, lots of death and destruction to take them down, a battle of attrition I’m not even going to try and call, Souei, Hakuro, and Benimaru will be in on it

Other influences…
For Rimuru he had the Dryads, and Veldora Tempest the Storm dragon to help.

For Einz, he has his kingdom under control with no enemies in position to try and destroy him (which Rimurur does)
Also, as mentioned, he and his have no problem killing EVERYONE, one of Rimurus issues is he can agonize too long on making the hard choices.

As to the respective MC’s powers, I think Rimuru has Einz beat, his new found powers as a demon lord are quite impressive, even by Einz standards.

Yeah, I know, it’s all just a nice mind game, and I’m sure someone will be along quickly to tell me where I’m wrong, but ahh well.

View Quote

I thought it was established that Milim wasn't included since she's not really Rimuru's subordinate?

Also you left off a LOT of resources Ainz would have including the most physically strong floor guardian AND the most powerful entity in Nazarick.  One that could even beat Ainz (though I don't think the latter is mentioned in the anime).   Not to mention all the game breaking World Level items he could give his crew to make them even more OP, his Shadow Demons, his hundreds of Death Knights, his 100,000+ army he could call upon, etc, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:44:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#20]

They don't go into great detail about it, but, yeah, it's in the anime.  Demiurge's scroll farm and his happy farm are both referenced.   The scroll farm was somewhat vague, but one of Demiurge's subordinates talked to Mare about the happy farm/breeding experiment farm.  Early S3, IIRC.

View Quote

That's the doctor I mentioned earlier. He doesn't say anything about a farm. Only working on interspecies mating and that was it. Nothing else. I also brought up scroll farm. Nothing about humans or torture, that you described is in the anime.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#21]

I thought it was established that Milim wasn't included since she's not really Rimuru's subordinate?

View Quote

Well she certainly isn’t a subordinate of Rimuru Milim likes Rimuru which is the real reason she didn’t kill him when they met that said I can definitely see her helping him like she already has in the anime

But to me I still think this senario is only interesting if she isn’t there compared to everyone else we’re talking about (at least as they are in how far their anime’s have progressed) shes on a completely different level of absurdly OP

Assuming she doesn’t show it’s a tough call on one hand I’d wager the Rimuru after his recent change could beat Ainz hell maybe even beat the whole crew now that he’s a demon lord but it’s hard to judge we really haven’t seen him in action yet but on the other hand everyone else is pretty damn close and Ainzs crew can get a huge buff with planning and special items ……… edit I really don’t fucking know lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:02:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#22]
I have no doubt that Milim would fight for Rimuru, if for no other reason than just to fight.

Also you left off a LOT of resources Ainz would have including the most physically strong floor guardian AND the most powerful entity in Nazarick.  One that could even beat Ainz (though I don't think the latter is mentioned in the anime).   Not to mention all the game breaking World Level items he could give his crew to make them even more OP, his Shadow Demons, his hundreds of Death Knights, his 100,000+ army he could call upon, etc, etc, etc.
View Quote

And Rimuru has pretty much the same abilities now that he’s a demon lord as well.
Heck, just to make demon lord he killed 10,000 (or was it 20,000) troops, and that was without trying.
Now that he is, I doubt 100,000 would make him break a sweat.

As I said, the ancillary fighting would be interesting, but ultimately it’s boiling down to who wins between Einz and Rimuru (who with his new found powers can’t be killed).
Rimuru uses Gluttony to absorb Einz, then what?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Obviously Goku beats both sides

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#24]

View Quote

That's kinda what I alluded to earlier. Ainz reminds me of when I used to run friends through low level instances on WOW to level up their alts.

Even in the battle against Shalltear there was always a "but wait there's more" everytime she thought she had a chance.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#25]
The happy farm explanation starts at 6 minutes.

Who Is Demiurge? | OVERLORD Demiurge / Jaldabaoth - Lore, Creation, & Twisted Characteristics

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#26]

That's the doctor I mentioned earlier. He doesn't say anything about a farm. Only working on interspecies mating and that was it. Nothing else. So yeah, 99% of what you mentioned is not in the anime.
View All Quotes

That's the doctor I mentioned earlier. He doesn't say anything about a farm. Only working on interspecies mating and that was it. Nothing else. So yeah, 99% of what you mentioned is not in the anime.

A farm. A ranch. A place. A location. The exact name doesn't really matter.  In 3x01 Pulcinella clearly lays out to Mare they are forcing humans to breed (or at least get fucked by) non-human species.  So getting back to your request that I "point out a specific instance" of Ainz "turning a blind eye or just being oblivious to his subordinates doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans"... there you go.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#27]
Me, I don’t really care who wins, I do wish they’d make a show about it.
Isekai death match!

No story, no plot, in this corner weighing in at a skeletony 65 pounds…
Ainz!

And his challenger, weighing in at 105 slimy pounds…
Rimurur!

This will be a tag team cage match to the death.

Ladies and gentlemen, let’s get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuumble!

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#28]

A farm. A ranch. A place. A location. The exact name doesn't really matter.  In 3x01 Pulcinella clearly lays out to Mare they are forcing humans to breed (or at least get fucked by) non-human species.  So getting back to your request that I "point out a specific instance" of Ainz "turning a blind eye or just being oblivious to his subordinates doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans"... there you go.
View Quote

Nothing is mentioned at all about "forcing" anything.  Nothing about torture, nothing inhumane, in the anime.

Exact quote:  "(To Mare about Demiurge): "He's conducting a breeding experiment. Humans can breed with each other, but can't breed with demi-humans. Is this not a true tragedy? For lovers to be unable to bear the fruit of their union just because they're from different species! To save such unfortunate souls, Demiurge is working hard. To develop that possibility between humans and demi-humans!"
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I have no doubt that Milim would fight for Rimuru, if for no other reason than just to fight.

And Rimuru has pretty much the same abilities now that he’s a demon lord as well.
Heck, just to make demon lord he killed 10,000 (or was it 20,000) troops, and that was without trying.

As I said, the ancillary fighting would be interesting, but ultimately it’s boiling down to who wins between Einz and Rimuru (who with his new found powers can’t be killed).
View All Quotes

Based on your statements (not to mention the fact that you keep calling him "Einz" instead of "Ainz" ) I think you don't fully grasp the breadth of the Great Tomb of Nazarick's resources.  I mean a Death Knight is on par with some random human soldier?  Come on, dude. You're not even attempting to take this incredibly important debate seriously.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

View Quote
After wearing some heavier clothes and shouting TIMES 10 after every attack.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

That's kinda what I alluded to earlier. Ainz reminds me of when I used to run friends through low level instances on WOW to level up their alts.

Even in the battle against Shalltear there was always a "but wait there's more" everytime she thought she had a chance.
View All Quotes

Exactly.  It's like what I said yesterday.  If it was just a random encounter with neither side having anytime to prepare or any idea who the other side was then the slime would have a shot.

However, if both sides had plenty of time to prepare, gather intel (if they could), outfit their crew as best they could, implement whatever plan they could conceive, and use every resource they had available to them, etc.... the slime wouldn't have a prayer.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I did spell Ainz right the last time!

Part of the problem with him is he depends on a lot of outside help like death knights to win, keep him busy defending himself and distracted so he can’t call on them or those creatures he used to stomp the army sent against him and he’s done.

Rimuru is a force unto himself, he uses his followers for gathering intel and that’s about it, other than that he wants them out of the way so he can deal with it.
By the time reinforcements arrived to help in Tempest, he’d already destroyed the 20,000 strong army, taken their king and holy church’s emissary as prisoners (all before even being a demon lord),  and brought all those lost back to life.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Nothing is mentioned at all about "forcing" anything.  Nothing about torture, nothing inhumane, in the anime.

Exact quote:  "(To Mare about Demiurge): "He's conducting a breeding experiment. Humans can breed with each other, but can't breed with demi-humans. Is this not a true tragedy? For lovers to be unable to bear the fruit of their union just because they're from different species! To save such unfortunate souls, Demiurge is working hard. To develop that possibility between humans and demi-humans!"
View All Quotes

Yes, I'm sure Demiurge, one of the most evil beings in a place filled with evil beings, just set up a dating website or something for willing humans to have sex with willing non-humans.

Come to think of it, that might not make a horrible spinoff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Yes, I'm sure Demiurge, one of the most evil beings in a place filled with evil beings, just set up a dating website or something for willing humans to have sex with willing non-humans.

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#36]
Guys seriously why are we even arguing about this isn’t the real issue ……..

That the cast of Dragon Maid could FUCK UP!! Those Demon Slayer nerds ALL DAYY LOOONG
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#37]
Demiurge is a real nasty, in the novels he not only uses humans to make scrolls, he als has breeding farms where he tries to make Demi humans by breeding humans and animals.

I one part he takes some of the least desirable results from breeding let’s their parents say their goodbyes then feeds the kids to other families, his only concession is not feeding the kids to their own parents.

On the other hand, Demiurge was known to take satisfaction in conducting many experiments. Among all the experiments he oversees doing, Demiurge focuses on testing out interbreeding and healing magic with the people he and members of Nazarick had captured outside the tomb. He refers to his test subjects as the "Abelion Sheep." He has his own farming ranch set up to prepare for skinning them alive in order to grind for materials like their skins to use in making low-tier magic scrolls. Demiurge had several rules arranged to regulate the interactions and hierarchy between test subjects of different races to the extent that he force them to cannibalize each other alive.
View Quote

That the cast of Dragon Maid could FUCK UP!! Those Demon Slayer nerds ALL DAYY LOOONG
View Quote

Well yeah, Tooru is a chaos dragon with planet destroying powers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I did spell Ainz right the last time!

Part of the problem with him is he depends on a lot of outside help like death knights to win, keep him busy defending himself and distracted so he can’t call on them or those creatures he used to stomp the army sent against him and he’s done.

Rimuru is a force unto himself, he uses his followers for gathering intel and that’s about it, other than that he wants them out of the way so he can deal with it.
By the time reinforcements arrived to help in Tempest, he’d already destroyed the 20,000 strong army, taken their king and holy church’s emissary as prisoners (all before even being a demon lord),  and brought all those lost back to life.
View Quote

Ainz depends on Death Knights to win?  Given plenty of time to prepare Ainz wouldn't have already summoned his army and he would instead wait until the battle started to do it?  The honorable and good Rimuru would find a way to distract the cold, calculating, merciless, and willing to do ANYTHING to win villains of Nazarick and NOT the other way around?

I truly mean no offense as we're all just having fun, but the way you keep talking about Nazarick's forces is kinda reminding of Joe Biden trying to talk about home defense with his "fire a shotgun into the air."
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Wait I just realized something we have been thinking about this all wrong

If Rimuru and friends went to Aimz’s world they would show up in a dude’s bedroom with cum residue and Doritos dust everywhere and Ainz would just be laying there plugged into his game consel
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

My kid likes to pose theoretical battles between anime characters.

Goku is always off limits, he says "It's not fair, he's like a dumb God"
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Wait I just realized something we have been thinking about this all wrong

If Rimuru and friends went to Aimz’s world they would show up in a dude’s bedroom with cum residue and Doritos dust everywhere and Ainz would just be laying there plugged into his game consel
View Quote

Would they though?  I mean this isn't an SAO situation where they sit in their room and their minds are transported to a virtual world and then they come back.  Satoru Suzuki has become Ainz Ooal Gown and he was transported to a real world.

Speaking of SAO: Fucking hell, was that anime overrated. I mean the AIDS kids? WTF even was that?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:00:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#42]

Ainz depends on Death Knights to win?  Given plenty of time to prepare Ainz wouldn't have already summoned his army and he would instead wait until the battle started to do it?  The honorable and good Rimuru would find a way to distract the cold, calculating, merciless, and willing to do ANYTHING to win villains of Nazarick and NOT the other way around?

I truly mean no offense as we're all just having fun, but the way you keep talking about Nazarick's forces is kinda reminding of Joe Biden trying to talk about home defense with his "fire a shotgun into the air."
View Quote

You have no idea.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#43]

You have no idea.
By the time Rimuru is done with this story arc, he becomes a God, even has the ability to travel through and change time and space.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

You have no idea.
By the time Rimuru is done with this story arc, he becomes a God, even has the ability to travel through and change time and space.

Click To View Spoiler

Hunter-Killer: "I don't think you fully understand Overlord."

Gunslinger808: "You have no idea." *Proceeds to talk about That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime*

Also, holy shit, that sounds horrible.

To be fair though, it seems very, very few light novels, manga, and anime stick the landing, but still. That sounds pretty bad, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#44]

My kid likes to pose theoretical battles between anime characters.

Goku is always off limits, he says "It's not fair, he's like a dumb God"
View Quote

What about Caped Baldy?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh, I thought we were debating who would win a war between the two factions.
Didn’t realize you wanted to strictly change the subject to just Overlord.

To be fair, I do like Overlord better than slime.
I enjoy the complete indifference to life Ainz and his followers show, rather refreshing from the usual angst you get with these shows.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh, I thought we were debating who would win a war between the two factions.
Didn’t realize you wanted to strictly change the subject to just Overlord.

To be fair, I do like Overlord better than slime.
I enjoy the complete indifference to life Ainz and his followers show, rather refreshing from the usual angst you get with these shows.
View Quote

I just meant I was talking about how I thought you seemed to be somewhat off on who Ainz fundamentally is and then you said "you have no idea."  I thought "okay, he's now going to go into detail about his take on Ainz," but instead you proceeded to just talk about Slime.  I just thought it was kinda funny.

I love anime that offer an interesting new take on a genre and that's certainly Overlord. TBH, I'm surprised it took this long for a major anime to come out where all the main characters are villains. Not anti-heroes. Not bad guys with a soft spot. Not villains fighting even bigger villains for the great good or whatever.  But full-on villains.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

It'd take 63 episodes before we saw the first attack. 41 of those episodes would just me a 4 second .gif loop with him yelling AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nonstop.

It would cost $300 to make the series, and break world records of viewership as well as make $82bil in merchandise sales.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:02:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#48]

Would they though?  I mean this isn't an SAO situation where they sit in their room and their minds are transported to a virtual world and then they come back.  Satoru Suzuki has become Ainz Ooal Gown and he was transported to a real world.

Speaking of SAO: Fucking hell, was that anime overrated. I mean the AIDS kids? WTF even was that?
View Quote
SAO Abridged Parody: Episode 01

SAO is much better when revoiced by some snarky jerks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#49]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6kJKxvbgZ0

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6kJKxvbgZ0

Haha, yeah, I enjoyed those.  MUCH better than the actual anime.  Though that's not saying much.

How far along is it now?  Last I checked it was only a few episodes into S2.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Just gonna leave this here
Attachment Attached File

Page / 766
Who watches Anime? (Page 429 of 766)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top