Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
they don't
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the question you want to ask is "Why do YOU prefer the AUG over the AR15".
View Quote

handy, reliable, accurate, and really easy to control on full auto (got a nice little happy sear in mine)
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I've been wondering about this.

American's love of the Steyr AUG is evident in sales.

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

Soon enough, will the AUG be the new "America's rifle?"  
View Quote

What are you talking about??  
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP is taking 4/20 seriously.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Almost everyone i know has an AR15 or wants one.  I know literally zero people with an AUG.

I think your math is off OP.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
As I read through OP's replies....it's pretty obvious that HE likes AUG's better than AR's.    Trying to say Americans like them more, and buy them more than AR's is comical....
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Uhh what? I guarantee you ARs outnumber AUGs at least 500 to 1
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why do so many choose the AUG over the AR? I can certainly answer this question for myself, but I cannot speak for others.

For me, it's a simple matter of the superior reliability and parts durability, especially in adverse conditions over an AR.

The AR is designed to have parts that are easily replaceable. The AUG is designed so that parts simply do not break. They can last significantly higher round counts than the AR before parts start breaking. You can shoot an AUG over the course of your lifetime without needing to replace anything.

What about you? It's it because you know the AUG is simply a cooler/superior platform?

View Quote

Aug is preferred over the AR…where are you getting this from … lol

More have dumped the AUG for AR platforms.

AUG hasn’t been adopted in new contracts for a looong time minus Austria.

Aussies are dumping it too …
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Steyr USA sells every AUG they make. They should consider building another factory.
View Quote

So does Hi Point, and KelTec. Even Jimenez arms sold all their guns before they went down.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol

Put up some sales numbers.
View Quote

I love the AUG, but yeah, this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I dont know a single person that has one in reality

It would be the bullpup Id buy. I mean if I were going to buy a bullpup
View Quote
I have one. It's a cool gun but it doesn't replace my AR when shit goes down, I kinda wanted it to but it didn't. I have never met another human IRL that owns an AUG
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think the question you want to ask is "Why do YOU prefer the AUG over the AR15".
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What are you smoking, OP?  

"Evident in sales."  Oh, so Steyr is selling millions of AUGs a year?  And there are over 10,000,000 AUGs in private hands in this country?

And, please, regale us with tales of that fabulous trigger.  My  kids' Nerf guns have better triggers.

The AUG isn't a bad rifle per se, but it's certainly nowhere near as popular as the AR platform.
View Quote

No, he’s right. Steyr sells a lot more AUG’s than they sell AR-15’s.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP is taking 4/20 seriously.
View Quote

I almost choked on my lunch.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]
lol to the OP.

maybe the next troll thread will be "why do Americans prefer the smart car to the pickup truck?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me the source that the Aussies are dumping the AUG. The EF88 is just an AUG with upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I have one just because I didn't have one before I bought the one I have.  I have many, many AR type rifles.  It's a fine weapon but it was bought just to round out the collection.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Little early to be drinking this heavily, isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol

Put up some sales numbers.
View Quote

"Why do Americans prefer the Steyr AUG over the AR15?"

Attachment Attached File

My question for the OP. Are you trying out for the job of the next Biden Press Secretary?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
A gun so good that the SOF component of countries that issue it to their military choose to use an AR pattern rifle?

Australian SAS

New Zealand SAS

Irish Rangers

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They’re awesome inside a vehicle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s totally irrational, but bullpup rifles just sound like fun.

They’re awesome inside a vehicle

WHAT?!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can I buy a new AUG with a chrome lined barrel?
View Quote
Not as far as I know. I bought mine about 4-5 years ago and I think I got one of the last batches with the CL barrel and M13L threads. It wasn't long after they switched to nitrated and 1/2-28 threads
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Get both

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A gun so good that the SOF component of countries that issue it to their military choose to use an AR pattern rifle?

Australian SAS

https://special-ops.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/SASR-operator.jpg  

New Zealand SAS

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/indepth/national/inside-the-nzsas/assets/Xyn2yU3yyG/sas_cover-2560x1440.jpeg

Irish Rangers

https://i.redd.it/m9ltfskwpf261.jpg
View Quote

Those SOF units use the M4 because of cross compatibility with the U.S., not because it's a better rifle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#25]
What?
I've had two Augs and while I enjoyed their novelty...sold them along with my HKs,Galils,FALs,M1As,Mini14, and Valmets

I miss having an M-76 Valmet but not enough to replace it.

AR platform is the best in the world...
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Those SOF units use the M4 because of cross compatibility with the U.S., not because it's a better rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Australian SAS

New Zealand SAS

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/indepth/national/inside-the-nzsas/assets/Xyn2yU3yyG/sas_cover-2560x1440.jpeg

Irish Rangers

Bull crap.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I had one they’re great, but when I needed to free up some cash it went …. And I’d never be without an AR willingly

Of the peolpe that do have them I’d bet very few of the choose it OVER an AR, I’m sure the majority of AUG owners bought an AR first and would sell the AUG before their go-to AR
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#28]
If the Geissele trigger hadn't dried up on the vine the AUG would have gained quite a bit of popularity, it's crappy trigger is the biggest thing holding it back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Australian SAS

New Zealand SAS

Irish Rangers

As an AUG owner, you're delusional.

ETA: Or trolling.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it won't!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Exactly.

Buy 1 AR15
Buy 1 X95 Tavor
Buy 1 AUG
Buy 1 SCAR
Buy 1 Galil
etc
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The AUG is a superior rifle, in regards to reliability in adverse conditions alone.
View Quote
Op is totally clueless
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Please don’t be from Georgia. Please don’t be from Georgia.

Damn it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I would have been awfully tempted to have chosen the AUG before the AR benefitted from all the improvements that came of the GWOT and the end of the federal AWB.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How is it possible to be this high/drunk, but still be able to type coherently?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Australian SAS

New Zealand SAS

Irish Rangers

chatgpt

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#39]
At first I was like, Today is not April Fool's day? But then I remembered it is pot needle day. OP is high as a kite on skunk piss
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Le constantly revised AR-15 rickety mousetrap vs the largely unchainged since 1977 superior engineered rifle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cmon man. I know you have been in some of his other threads. This is his natural state. I would hate to see him under the influence.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'd like to own an AUG.  I own a PS90, and it's fun.  Might as well get an AUG also.
View Quote
I want a tactical tuna, but FN killed it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#43]
White tile is pretty nice
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
White tile is pretty nice
View Quote

So is getting a Post Sample transferred on a F4.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#45]
How many AUG owners do you know that don’t own an AR15? One?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I own an Aug.  An original imported Steyr Aug with permanently attached optic.  I also own AR15s/M16s.

I confess I have never had a failure to feed or extract with the Aug.  I also haven't put that many rounds downrange with it.  IMO both are excellent platforms for anyone to own.  

At ranges I rarely see other Augs so not sure where OPs numbers come from.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#47]
We don't.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I will volunteer to clean up your garage floor for you
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top