Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't seen a window gun rack in ages
View Quote
All my shit-kicker friends had them in the back of their trucks in high school. It was a different time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do dirty inkies cover their bodies with terrible art
Same concept
Tribal identification
In our buy buy buy consumer society, brand loyalty
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:03:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nah, you're wrong. User name does not fit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok guy, but you sound a little triggered by a simple question. Do you own a bro truck, just curious?
Just ribbing the Op a little, since he had to go all Randy Savage. Because took my question as a personal insult.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I assume there is a 90%+ chance there is a pistol full time in the console or glovebox of any vehicle with obvious firearm related stickers.

I bet I'm not the only one who thinks that...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why do dirty inkies cover their bodies with terrible art
Same concept
Tribal identification
In our buy buy buy consumer society, brand loyalty
View Quote
We'er fucked if this turns into a inky vs pure-skin.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why put stickers on anything?

Stickers are for kids and the poors.

I de-label, de-badge, un-sticker everything.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just ribbing the Op a little, since he had to go all Randy Savage. Because took my question as a personal insult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok guy, but you sound a little triggered by a simple question. Do you own a bro truck, just curious?
Um...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I honestly don't get it.  I get that some people like bumper stickers, but as OP said, in the case of gun-related stickers, it's simply an invitation to dirtbags that it's highly likely the vehicle has a gun in it.

No stickers on any of my cars, sans one.  I have one of Larue's "Extremely Deplorable" sticker on the back of my Suburban.  And it's not overtly gun-related, so less-savvy people won't even pick up on it.  But then again, it looks like an "official" vehicle, so I doubt anyone will fuck with it. Dark blue, debadged, heavily tinted rear windows, 3/4-ton.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Nondescript stickers are gtg but anything using type or readily identifiable is a no-go for me. I liked the PWS direct fire gun sticker for one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not everyone hides in the shadows...
View Quote
And not everyone wants to be an easy target....
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Eh.  They’re useful to cover over the “Coexist” and “Bernie 2020” stickers on other people’s cars.  

But I agree it depends on where you live.  If that’s your thing where people aren’t likely to slash your tires or vandalize your vehicle for it, go ahead.  I have coworkers with pro-gun stickers all over their cars (I’m especially fond of “Gun Control means using two hands.”), but that’s not really a risk in conservative Western WA.  As for me, apart from the federally-mandated “We have a family” decals on the back of the minivan, I don’t put stickers on my car.  My computers and gun cases are a different story.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because it’s their vehicle?  Be it because their proud of supporting the #2A, don’t care or not aware that potentially makes them a bigger target for BMV’s who cares?? It’s their vehicle...

With that said I have zero decals on my truck
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess it depends where you are from.  I have no concern about having a BFL and several other gun and hunting related stickers on my truck.

Unfortunately OP cares so much about PERSEC he even hides where he is from from ARFCOM so we cannot see if that affects his perspective.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:49:34 AM EDT
[#14]
The natural progression of a gun owner into a responsible gun owner includes an early phase where broadcasting is very important. Some never make it to grey man.

Eta:looks like my stance will piss off plenty in here. Here is a stack of "oh well". Take as many as you need.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#15]
The only gun sticker is on my pu rear window is a little guy pissing on the words gun control.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why put stickers on anything?

Stickers are for kids and the poors.

I de-label, de-badge, un-sticker everything.
View Quote
Avatar doesn't quite check out.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have any stickers but I do get the urge sometimes.

There's a car I often end up behind on my morning commute that has a bunch of anti-trump stickers on the back. It makes me want to cut that car off and throw my own stickers in their face

Edit: then again... if I had stickers that pissed people off the same way, they might want to cut me off too
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I like Freedom, no one has the right to steal from you or vandalize your stuff
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:00:15 AM EDT
[#19]
"ATTENTION THIEVES: THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU CAN SCORE A FIREARM IF YOU BREAK INTO THIS VEHICLE."
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You say hiding, I say being low key. But that's my thing, when it come to advertising my gun owner ship. It may not be right for everyone.
View Quote
Unfortunately that attitude is why liberals are winning and gutting the second amendment left and right and will continue to do so.

Gun owners in far too many areas hide their ownership and keep it a secret from their neighbors.   They act like they are gays in the 1950s hiding in the shadows, or cigarette smokers with something to be ashamed of.
Meanwhile Susie homemaker that has no idea about guns watches the main stream media and believes the propaganda that only criminals and right wing wackos own guns.  She gets this viewpoint because her two neighbors are keeping their gun ownership low-key.  Sneaking their guns into the cars in discrete cases, or packing up to go to the range with the garage door shut.  So although she doesn't have strong convinctions she supports the latest gun control measure because no one she knows owns guns.
 As gun owners we need to be proud to own guns and yes ADVERTISE it.  Not hide in the shadows like some pariah ashamed of what you are doing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Why use stickers when you can get personalized plates that show you support the 2nd
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Are you a lesbian that likes Colt? Not that there is anything wrong with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the early 2000’s; in Portland, I had a big ‘Colt’ sticker- on the back of my Subaru wagon.
Are you a lesbian that likes Colt? Not that there is anything wrong with it.
Maybe he meant colt as in horse, not firearm. Pacific Northwest you know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess you wouldn't have liked some of what I put on my vehicles.

Tamed down on my last vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Aside: Outside of "people like us," I would be willing to bet that most average Americans have absolutely no idea what "Magpul" is, or what the BFL symbol is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a DW and Giesselle sticker on mine.  No crack head around here is going to know what they mean.
View Quote
Ya'll got anymore of those Keller shells?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Discreet HTF connections?

“OMG Becky, this guy at Cabela’s looked at my bumper and yelled ‘87!”

“Karen...no way...did you blade?”

“No, I was too nervous but I did manage a ‘Get Both’ and kinda blurted out ‘No Beans.’
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#27]
To each their own. I don't like stickers on my vehicles. I always like it when I see pro 2A stickers on other vehicles though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a couple stickers on my truck with two goals in mind.  One it lets other gun owners know I am gun owner and we are on the same side.  Two, hopefully it pisses off some of the coward anti-gun pukes.  
As far as me being worried they are going to damage my car, fuck that - I don't cower to those left pukes..
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Honestly I believe some people do it because they think other people will be afraid to mess with them on the road.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Aside: Outside of "people like us," I would be willing to bet that most average Americans have absolutely no idea what "Magpul" is, or what the BFL symbol is.
View Quote
Add in that most people don't even read stickers, it's mostly for communicating with like-minded people whose attention you'd grab with something familiar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#31]
every idiot in my AO drives something like this....

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#32]
It’s definitely not for me. I don’t advertise my love of the second amendment. However, I do have a Salt Life, Yeti and a peace symbol on my Prius, ha ha. They will never target me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All my shit-kicker friends had them in the back of their trucks in high school. It was a different time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't seen a window gun rack in ages

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Out on the road today, I saw a Magpul sticker on a Cadillac.  
A little voice inside my head said: "Don't look back, you can never look back".
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I see your car pulled over on the side of the road - I see a BFL or gun sticker, I’ll offer to help. I see a Hillary, Bernie, or Obama sticker, you’re on your own.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a bolt face logo and MBT. I've never had anyone know what either meant, except two goods friends that frequent this website and also by LaRue products.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have a bolt face logo and MBT. I've never had anyone know what either meant, except two goods friends that frequent this website and also by LaRue products.
View Quote
I had a cop congratulating me for my BFL. Said it was a subtle way to promote the AR 15
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Gun owners have gone "gray man" for so long that the general population forgot they existed. A huge part of why VA is happening is because dems know gun owners are afraid to even tell someone they own a gun, much less effectively organize and block legislation.

Now gun owners in VA are throwing a huge attention-seeking tantrum, trying to convince everyone they're still relevant, after decades of trying to tell everyone they don't exist. It's the right thing to do now, but its an uphill battle, and it may be too late.

It's pretty easy for dems to push "common sense" legislation that will only affect "a few on the fringe." A huge block of the voting public believes this because as far as they know, they don't even know anyone the laws would affect.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Gun Stickers are a gateway drug to becoming a full tactical LARP guy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I assume there is a 90%+ chance there is a pistol full time in the console or glovebox of any vehicle with obvious firearm related stickers.

I bet I'm not the only one who thinks that...
View Quote
People store/leave guns in their vehicles? wtf.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not sure I implied it was obsolete, just asking why people do it. For me, and others I know, it seems like a good way to advertise you own guns to the wrong people, like I said in the Op.

I did not call anyone tards, juts asking a question. But I  concede, I may have inadvertently provoked a few people with my question. But I guess the answer I come away with is, different strokes and all that.

And as far as the VA situation, it is getting closer to the time to put up or shut-up when it comes to defending the 2ad amendment. I don't know if putting  stickers on ones car, is a helping or a hindrance.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ask a question in the thread & the OP that implies that stickers are absolute, one way or the other. Many here piss on the notion of putting a sticker(s) on their vehicles, some going as far as calling those that do tarded. You then say that it may not be right for everyone.

Seems quite contradictory, or atleast inconsistent. Perhaps I read into your intent incorrectly, don't know. That said, I'll leave this link here as an example. Granted, having stickers on his vehicle(s) isn't discussed, but he ain't hiding nor afraid to advertise...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BREAKING-VA-ARFCOMMERs-release-resolution-to-call-upon-the-Virginian-Unorganized-Militia/5-2287825/?page=10&anc=82987198#i82987198
Not sure I implied it was obsolete, just asking why people do it. For me, and others I know, it seems like a good way to advertise you own guns to the wrong people, like I said in the Op.

I did not call anyone tards, juts asking a question. But I  concede, I may have inadvertently provoked a few people with my question. But I guess the answer I come away with is, different strokes and all that.

And as far as the VA situation, it is getting closer to the time to put up or shut-up when it comes to defending the 2ad amendment. I don't know if putting  stickers on ones car, is a helping or a hindrance.  
Quoted:

-snip-

It may not be right for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#43]
BFL on mine, only friendlies recognize it.

I had a purple haired hag of a coworker ask what it was. I told her it was complicated, kind if a DIY mechanical kind of thing. She looked confused and let it go.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do they still do that? Don't see them here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people put baby on board or coexist stickers on their vehicles?
Do they still do that? Don't see them here.
Might help the conversation to know which state here is...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#45]
The Jimenez Arms sticker I saw on a decent looking truck made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Um...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um...
You're not the only one ...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Because they're not scared and don't like hiding our dirty little secret from the world like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Isn’t it simply a different way to express you support the 2A?

They don’t bother me at all. I don’t have any on my vehicles but I don’t mind seeing them in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Ive seen a few arf.com bolt sticker out and about around town. I fall into the, don't think stickers look that appealing and why put a target on your car types...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not everyone hides in the shadows...
lol, you must live in a shithole state

While both statements are true for some, neither statement is mutually exclusive of the other...

...or something like that
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top