Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 7:32:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajek:
One of my 25 year old employees recently showed me the email icon on his phone…he has over 52k unread emails. He said he doesn’t use email “unless it’s really important.”
View Quote

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

But, that is a current old guy stereotype - e-mailing every little thing when Skype, Teams, or posting in a chat tool will do the job better. E-mail is best for documenting and sending files outside of your organization.

And we all get hundreds of e-mails a day that are best ignored. "You're all invited to the corporate seminar on tooth brushing." OK. Whatever.

The "not use e-mail" stereotype generation retired a decade or more ago.

Guys in their 60s now were in their 30s when e-mail took over the workplace.

Whether they realize there is more to technology and workplace collaboration than e-mail? Whether they care to learn it? That's a different story.

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I joined a large corporation and almost anyone over 50 is dead weight, outside of department heads.

There's a lot of people that have been here for 20+ years and could quickly be replaced by recent college grads.

They know it, too.

My buddy and I were brought in as SME.  We work with a core group of competent 30-40 year olds creating long term software solutions to replace ancient spreadsheets managed by the same boomer since the 2000s.

We can't even joke about compensation.  I was brought on board this year and make $50k more than people that have been there for decades.  Because they suck, and I know things.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#3]
there's a solution.

work for yourself.  make as much or as little as you want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

But, that is a current old guy stereotype - e-mailing every little thin when Skype, Teams, or posting in a chat tool will do the job better. E-mail is best for documenting and sending files outside of your organization.

And we all get hundreds of e-mails a day that are best ignored. "You're all invited to the corporate seminar on tooth brushing." OK. Whatever.
View Quote

Yep. Lots of outside organization emails here for sending documents. Tell me how Teams works when you’re dealing with people all over the globe.  Email is platform agnostic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Wages are stagnant for older workers because they are loyal and stick with the same company their entire career.  They think the boss will recognize their hard work and offer them raises.  Younger people have no loyalty to any company and will move laterally to another company for more pay.  After moving to 5 different companies in 5 years, getting a raise every time, you find yourself making as much as senior employees.  Stop being loyal to companies and ceos that don’t give a fuck about you,
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#6]
56.  When do I need to worry?
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:

I should buy something, right?
View Quote
as your attorney comma i recommend a nice BHP and/or 45-70 lee-ver action.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bullsi191145:
Ageism is real, and it will happen to you at some point.

I saw a department get gutted by 50%, and it was only the older people with gray hair that got let go.  This was a huge multi-national company…. They justified it by saying those were the most expensive (ie experienced) employees.
View Quote

and that will start to get them into trouble.. Disparate impact.  Companies are being sued for age discrimination and they are losing.  Trust me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:22:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ilikepieman:
Wages are stagnant for older workers because they are loyal and stick with the same company their entire career.  They think the boss will recognize their hard work and offer them raises.  Younger people have no loyalty to any company and will move laterally to another company for more pay.  After moving to 5 different companies in 5 years, getting a raise every time, you find yourself making as much as senior employees.  Stop being loyal to companies and ceos that don’t give a fuck about you,
View Quote

not necessarily true. especially in my field. but I do agree in most fields that is the problem.

the issue is that for the older workers, we were raised and it was drilled into our head that seniority and stability would be in the best interest of both parties.

unfortunately, the game changed. corporations won and it took a generation or 2 to get out of that mindset.

in my field, all of the hospitals worked in unison to keep wages stagnant and to prevent workers from roaming around.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#10]
In my field, the most respected are 40+. It takes time to get the required experience.

Originally Posted By Jacon:
Youngsters are being promoted too quickly and have 7-10yrs less knowledge and experience. It shows.
View Quote

This. And it’s going to become very apparent if the recession materializes as some project.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
I joined a large corporation and almost anyone over 50 is dead weight, outside of department heads.

There's a lot of people that have been here for 20+ years and could quickly be replaced by recent college grads.

They know it, too.

My buddy and I were brought in as SME.  We work with a core group of competent 30-40 year olds creating long term software solutions to replace ancient spreadsheets managed by the same boomer since the 2000s.

We can't even joke about compensation.  I was brought on board this year and make $50k more than people that have been there for decades.  Because they suck, and I know things.
View Quote

I work for a large corp in IT and it’s the opposite.  The 50+ yos are the only ones getting work done. We’ve hired tons of recent college hires and they never stay long.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Up until I retired (I still do some contract work so semi retired) at age 53 I was the youngest in my line of work every time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:27:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: taliv] [#13]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

in my field, all of the hospitals worked in unison to keep wages stagnant and to prevent workers from roaming around.
View Quote

Several major tech companies lost a huge lawsuit related to conspiring to not hire each others employees to prevent job hopping.

Sadly nothing changed after their slap on the wrist
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BayEagle] [#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't promote myself any higher so maybe I'll give myself a raise
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jwnc:

No one UNDER 40 uses email.

It's all Slack and text.

"Didn't you get my Slack?  I sent it two minutes ago."

(Or JIRA if you are a real techie.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwnc:
Originally Posted By Homernomer:
Originally Posted By UTex86:
> Refuses to use that gat dang email
> Mad the zoomer makes 50% more

Nobody over 40 uses email. And that's why age discrimination exists.

Got it.

No one UNDER 40 uses email.

It's all Slack and text.

"Didn't you get my Slack?  I sent it two minutes ago."

(Or JIRA if you are a real techie.)

I caught a group I was auditing using selective permissions in JIRA so I couldn't see all of their records on my profile, but their team could see everything. Ohhhh boy. That was fun.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Nothing new.  I turned fifty in 2006.   My career options began to fizzle out.  It's a real thing but good luck proving it.  

Got laid off at 48.  Had a hell of time getting re-established.  Eventually did it the old way.  A friend went to bat for me and I got in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By taliv:

Several major tech companies lost a huge lawsuit related to conspiring to not hire each others employees to prevent job hopping.

Sadly nothing changed after their slap on the wrist
View Quote

nothing ever changed. business as usual.

RN's moved around here and there for numerous reasons and $$$, but for the Allied Health Professionals.. it was always status quo

most men actually left the profession for a decade. I left for the Veterinary world, owning my own business. when Cv19 came back I was recruited to go back due to my specialty.

I haggled with HR and maxed out the amount of money I could get and she openly stated that I would never get a raise, if she had to pay my pay demand.

she was right.

4 years later.. even with a company buyout I've had one pay increase for .79%
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

u know that ppl at 40know how what the internet is right?

and the company isn't paying a zoomer, they imported some dot indian and his extended family that works for 50% less, and now u know why everything we make is dog shit, over priced junk
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#20]
The problem is labor has been a seller's market since covid.  Pay what they're asking or don't hire.  Bigger companies get away with just ignoring long-time employees, but us smaller guys, especially in the trades, have no choice but to bump everyone's pay so they don't walk when they see what the new guys start at.  It's a slippery slope, but it feels like we're near the top of it and shit's about to start rolling back down that hill.  If the number of apps i've been weeding through is any indication, this issue will be self-correcting very soon.

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
Company I work cannot find anyone under 40 that can pass a drug test , has a valid driver's license , and has a driving record clean enough to get covered by insurance.
View Quote

I had to double check your location to make sure you weren't one of my employees.

This is true 99% of the time anymore.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Being passed up for promotion? Sheeeit, no one will even hire you at that age! Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Emeoba69:

From what I’ve seen it’s mainly a cost saving exercise like others have stated. Older people have put in the time and experience to get to higher income levels. Of course people earning significantly more are going to be in the crosshairs when the next quarter profits are on the line.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Emeoba69:
Originally Posted By fike:

Sure.

I have seen/heard both sides of the story quite a few times and it’s almost always an older person who has gotten lazy or behind in knowledge/technology.

Undoubtedly, it happens strictly because of age, but to pretend that it isn’t often skill based is pretty bad.

From what I’ve seen it’s mainly a cost saving exercise like others have stated. Older people have put in the time and experience to get to higher income levels. Of course people earning significantly more are going to be in the crosshairs when the next quarter profits are on the line.

You have to always be cognizant of your vulnerability in an organization. Most aren’t and have no clue when the game has moved on. From their perspective, they’re still the same person doing the same work, but that is the problem.

Why wouldn’t a business get rid of a high salary doing something that can be handled by someone with a lower salary? That sucks, but it is the core nature of a business.

Years ago, I saw an older coworker get pushed aside because they were doing one job and getting paid $150k. With pretty basic technology implementation, it was, at most, a part time job. The company was looking to cut costs and this person’s young backup (who did many other things) sniped their position for a $20k raise.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Ha... 61
And I am the complete opposite of that $$$
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fike:
Why wouldn’t a business get rid of a high salary doing something that can be handled by someone with a lower salary? That sucks, but it is the core nature of a business.
View Quote

People are never the same.  Now, if you are talking about a robot on an assembly line, maybe, but a real value adding job?  Nope.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, that's because 40+ is the bastard protected class that no one really cares about or enforces.  Similar to how the 2nd is the bastard restriction on the government no one is ever held accountable for violating.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Trout_Hunter:

Do you have any idea when email started being used regularly? This is for those over 40. Not those over 70.
View Quote

I am well over 70 and have used email while snail mail was filled with AOL CDs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#27]
One of my 25 year old employees recently showed me the email icon on his phone…he has over 52k unread emails. He said he doesn’t use email “unless it’s really important.”
View Quote

Lol, I have over 100k, my partner has 125k.

They're not all important.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
Maybe the lost water cooler social interactions have stopped disguising their atrocious lack of production compared to WFH zoomers who actually produce
View Quote

Which is why every business is demanding return to office. Yeah, that tracks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#29]
SCOTUS has already ruled that it is not age discrimination to replace older higher paid workers with younger ones you can pay less.  That ruling was quite awhile ago.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Curdmugeon45:

View All Quotes
Maybe the lost water cooler social interactions have stopped disguising their atrocious lack of production compared to WFH zoomers who actually produce

You don't think political pressure from collapsing metro areas due to plunging tax revenues don't have anything to do with that? Yes IT'S THE MICRO MANAGERS AND *checks notes* AVACADO TOAST MILLENIALS *checks notes* WHO ARE TO BLAME!
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
You don't think political pressure from collapsing metro areas due to plunging tax revenues don't have anything to do with that? Yes IT'S THE MICRO MANAGERS AND *checks notes* AVACADO TOAST MILLENIALS *checks notes* WHO ARE TO BLAME!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:

gaht dam mileniels and there slack and agile

SOUNDS LIKE THEIR SLACKING OFF IF U ASK ME.................. ..............................
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By gaweidert:
SCOTUS has already ruled that it is not age discrimination to replace older higher paid workers with younger ones you can pay less.  That ruling was quite awhile ago.
View Quote

I can find nothing resembling that.  In 2018 SCOTUS affirmed EEOC's interpretation of ADEA which hasn't changed for 30 years.

Someone who is 40+ that is fired and replaced by someone younger in the same position would absolutely give the 40+ worker standing to file suit.  It doesn't necessarily mean they were discriminated against based on age.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

As the U.S. workforce grows older, the problems around ageism in the office are coming to a head. Elder millennials, Gen X, and boomer employees all say they're experiencing serious discrimination issues, and it's hurting their morale.

About 90% of U.S. workers aged 40 or older say they have experienced ageism in the workplace, according to a new report from Resume Now, a jobs platform. The most glaring example is compensation nearly half of these older workers report earning less than their younger colleagues, according to the study. And the same proportion of respondents, about 49%, say they make less money than Gen Z and younger millennial workers for doing the same job.

Older millennials, Gen Xers, and boomers say they're also being given fewer opportunities to progress in their roles, creating barriers in their career growth. About 22% of employees 40 years or older say their work environments skip over older colleagues for challenging assignments, according to the report. Nearly all survey participants said that ageism limits their access to professional development and training services, and around 16% of respondents say their employer engages in a pattern of passing over older workers for promotions in favor of younger counterparts who may have fewer qualifications.

Unsurprisingly, this ageism is impacting the way workers show up to their jobs. Discrimination bulldozes employee well-being: of workers aged 40 or older who have faced ageism, 45% say the bias made them feel isolated and lonely, 44% suffered from depression, and 36% experienced anxiety.

Unfortunately, ageism can be difficult to prove and police, putting up roadblocks for affected staffers to advocate for themselves. About 94% of survey participants who have faced age bias say they have reported the discrimination to their HR teams, but only 45% say that HR mediated the situation. Among workers who have faced ageism, about 37% of those who reported the situation say the ageist coworker was given a warning, 30% said they got a slap on the wrist but weren't fired, 23% say the person was terminated, and 5% said administration took no action.

There's no doubt that the workforce is getting older. And as long as ageism persists, HR leaders must work to help companies dismantle their bias, create more equitable career advancement opportunities, and recognize that America's aging workforce should be respected for their contributions.

View Quote
moar
View Quote

I've been in the same position for 6 years. I have not been elligible for a promotion in that time.

Recently a dude 15 years younger than me came in, they lured him with a grade 3 position. He came in making more money than me. He did a poor job, and left after 8 months to somewhere else where he got - another raise.
Disloyalty is rewarded, loyalty is punished. SMEs have to stick up for themselves, which can be difficult.

And yes I use the gat dang e-mails. I'm one of the more tech-savvy employees.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#34]
If you have a desk job you're competing against people everywhere on the planet, not just some kid being air dropped in by an Indian consulting company.  I was in the Bell System for 32 years.  Once you hit 50 the company (AT&T, Western Electric, Bell Labs, Lucent, Nokia) wouldn't fire you because of fears over being sued for age discrimination.  In your 40s, if there were RIFs you had a good chance of getting axed.  I survived several RIFs, even one where the paperwork was ready to go for me (I wasn't supposed to know, but I figured it out).  Some of that was being in the right project at the right time, some knowing stuff no one else knew at that time, and I managed to hang on until age 54.  Then they gave me a big bag of money and pension to leave.  The type of work we were doing no longer interested me, so I was happy to get out.  In my career I saw people of all skill levels get axed, it just had to do with if your skills lined up with what the company needed at the time.  It found work at other local technical companies that was also technically challenging and interesting and fit my skill set.  All I can suggest is have a skill set that can be applied to a wide range of problems, specialization is for bugs, know what your value is in the market, and don't put up with disrespect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

You need to get out more, yourself, if you believe that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By djkest:

I've been in the same position for 6 years. I have not been elligible for a promotion in that time.

Recently a dude 15 years younger than me came in, they lured him with a grade 3 position. He came in making more money than me. He did a poor job, and left after 8 months to somewhere else where he got - another raise.
Disloyalty is rewarded, loyalty is punished. SMEs have to stick up for themselves, which can be difficult.

View Quote

The old age "New hire budgets are larger than retention budgets"
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

As the U.S. workforce grows older, the problems around ageism in the office are coming to a head. Elder millennials, Gen X, and boomer employees all say they're experiencing serious discrimination issues, and it's hurting their morale.

About 90% of U.S. workers aged 40 or older say they have experienced ageism in the workplace, according to a new report from Resume Now, a jobs platform. The most glaring example is compensation nearly half of these older workers report earning less than their younger colleagues, according to the study. And the same proportion of respondents, about 49%, say they make less money than Gen Z and younger millennial workers for doing the same job.

Older millennials, Gen Xers, and boomers say they're also being given fewer opportunities to progress in their roles, creating barriers in their career growth. About 22% of employees 40 years or older say their work environments skip over older colleagues for challenging assignments, according to the report. Nearly all survey participants said that ageism limits their access to professional development and training services, and around 16% of respondents say their employer engages in a pattern of passing over older workers for promotions in favor of younger counterparts who may have fewer qualifications.

Unsurprisingly, this ageism is impacting the way workers show up to their jobs. Discrimination bulldozes employee well-being: of workers aged 40 or older who have faced ageism, 45% say the bias made them feel isolated and lonely, 44% suffered from depression, and 36% experienced anxiety.

Unfortunately, ageism can be difficult to prove and police, putting up roadblocks for affected staffers to advocate for themselves. About 94% of survey participants who have faced age bias say they have reported the discrimination to their HR teams, but only 45% say that HR mediated the situation. Among workers who have faced ageism, about 37% of those who reported the situation say the ageist coworker was given a warning, 30% said they got a slap on the wrist but weren't fired, 23% say the person was terminated, and 5% said administration took no action.

There's no doubt that the workforce is getting older. And as long as ageism persists, HR leaders must work to help companies dismantle their bias, create more equitable career advancement opportunities, and recognize that America's aging workforce should be respected for their contributions.

moar

Loyalty to what??? Why the fuck are you staying there?

Clearly your compensation isn't staying up with or competing with the market demand.  Pack your shit and leave (of course, after doing proper research and scouting).

The days of a man finding a job and staying there until retirement are long past.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I'm 47 and was promoted twice in 7 months. The first time was in March of 2024 and I got a $9,000 a year raise and then I was promoted again two weeks ago and got an $18,000 a year raise.
View Quote

and this is why im employed securely but looking hard for new employment.

No raises post covid. For anyone in the company.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Marie:

Work or personal emails?

I see people I know use email with personal accounts having thousands of unread emails. Lots of spam or advertising type emails. There’s too many to go through, they say. Well, if you’d get off the email lists that would really cut down on the new stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marie:

Work or personal emails?

I see people I know use email with personal accounts having thousands of unread emails. Lots of spam or advertising type emails. There’s too many to go through, they say. Well, if you’d get off the email lists that would really cut down on the new stuff.

It’s his personal email.

Yeah, the vast, vast majority are spam/advertising emails.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]

But, that is a current old guy stereotype - e-mailing every little thing when Skype, Teams, or posting in a chat tool will do the job better. E-mail is best for documenting and sending files outside of your organization.

Whether they realize there is more to technology and workplace collaboration than e-mail? Whether they care to learn it? That's a different story.

View All Quotes

I guess that’s my point: there are a (growing?) number of young people who don’t use email.

If it’s not Snapchat or TikTok, they don’t care.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Not having any issues here @ 56. I'm in my second career which I made the transition @ 36, originally in international logistics and moved to technology.  I guess I'm lucky working for a company that still values it's employees and their skill sets.  I've been promoted twice within the last 2.5 years with significant salary increases including a bonus structure of at least 25% of my annual salary with a possible performance multiplier on top depending on the company's performance. Hell we even get a nice benefits package that includes a pension plan. Now I will say I work all kind of varying hours which some folks are probably not willing to do but you get what you put in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ch2000:
Not having any issues here @ 56. I'm in my second career which I made the transition @ 36, originally in international logistics and moved to technology.  I guess I'm lucky working for a company that still values it's employees and their skill sets.  I've been promoted twice within the last 2.5 years with significant salary increases including a bonus structure of at least 25% of my annual salary with a possible performance multiplier on top depending on the company's performance. Hell we even get a nice benefits package that includes a pension plan. Now I will say I work all kind of varying hours which some folks are probably not willing to do but you get what you put in.
View Quote

Hook a homie up, lets do this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm working through that issue now.   Employer is hesitating to invest in training because I'm a 60 year old cop.   We are making significant progress working out a mutually beneficial solution.   But then again, my Chief isn't some kind of moron who can't think outside the box.   Most bosses these days are morons.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#44]

I guess that’s my point: there are a (growing?) number of young people who don’t use email.

View All Quotes

And my point is the fixation on e-mail as opposed to the plethora of modern comms and collaboration tools a given office has is a negative stereotype of old people. It's just a tool in a large toolbox, but a certain cliche, say, 45-65 year old uses it for things where it is far less than ideal and refuses to learn how to use anything else.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By doolyd:
Well, if I am being honest, at 49 yrs old I am not as sharp as I was in my late 20's.  Used to struggle working with older people who could barely work a computer and now I find myself to be that person.  Oh well.  Life sucks.  What can I say.
View Quote

I don't get it. I'm 59 and work in IT. The people in their 20's and early 30's are pathetic on computers. They get paid big money to run specialized programs and can not even perform an Office update or use basic Offie365 products half the time. I once asked a guy how did he write his resume to get here. His response was I paid someone to do it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I work in aviation and currently on strike (Begrudgingly. I voted for the contract). That should give you a hint.

Our third level manager, who is now in line for director, has never worked in aircraft maintenance. SHE was a flight dispatcher. When she was a lower manager, she was walked out for safety. She demanded that someone run engines in an unsafe condition. Engines were ran and damage was done. But, now because of DEI she will be a director with no experience. I'd rather have a pilot in that seat. I'll never be able to become management because I don't go along with the nonsense. I'll be fired because I don't just say "yes". Fuck DEI.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#47]
A couple of decades ago the axiom was that any white man over 50 making more than 50K had a target on his back.  If he lost his job, he was fucked.

Called the 50-50 rule.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#48]
40-ish is about when they decide your worth the market value or the labor value.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 5:06:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajunkraut] [#49]
Originally Posted By sprtpilot:

And all that is about to stop for you lol.
View Quote

Join date checks out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Got it.
View All Quotes

Got it.

Doesn’t understand intentional exaggeration as a joke.

Got it.

lol
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top