Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Titanfall seems like a cool game.  It looks like they borrowed heavily from the game Section 8.  Capturing hardpoints, drop in mechs, etc.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazon and gamestop

Wow both of them can fuck themselves.

I signed up on both their sites to be notified when it was available for preorder

yeah, i pretty much lucked out, stumbled on amazon literally within 5 minutes of the ad going live as i got the email fr preorder no shit 15 minutes after i got my first one at amazon, strolled over to game stop and sure enough they were available. did the same thing. 6 minutes later got the notice

didnt try to bend anybody over for mags or AR parts, but i am going to definitely going to engage in some pre-Xmas gouging..
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
After I read about their ban on the secondary games market I will not buy another microsoft product.

I have been a Sony and Nintendo fan boy for as long as I remember. Nintendo is actually my favorite.

They need to make a new Metroid with 3d graphics but still a side scrolling platformer. Super Metroid is probably the greatest game of all time. Long live Nintendo!!!!  
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one pre ordered at Gamestop for me and one for my brother in law. I did it in case things change and I want the console, otherwise I'm gonna flip a bitch. If MGS5 has MGO included for XBL and Star Wars Battlefront 3 comes out within Q1 or Q2 next year then I'll probably keep it. Battlefield 4 is coming out for 360 as well so I'm not too worried about that one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

250$ to upgrade computer rig

60$ for Elder Scrolls Online

189$ for Pizza and Beer

Xbox is full of ______

Yep... I'm with this guy.  'cept I don't even need the PC upgrade.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Now it's up to Sony.

I'm not optimistic about their DRM, but we shall see.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Small boost for MSFT, Sony just dropped free multiplayer. PS+ required. Not needed for online streaming or Netflix though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I will probably buy it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Small boost for MSFT, Sony just dropped free multiplayer. PS+ required. Not needed for online streaming or Netflix though.

But it appears Sony will not require online all the time and will allow used games.  Those things alone show me which direction to take if I jump in the next gen console game.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll get my preorder as soon as I can.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Uh oh!!!

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably already been posted. Here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwTPjLRCX44&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Zing!
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Sony just stomped Microsoft, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Pre ordered a PS4

I hate Sony's online setup and controller though. The way servers are handled pisses me off.

Still getting The Last of Us on thursday night
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Zing!

Brilliant.  

A simply, effective, and undeniable kick to the nuts.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zing!

Brilliant.  

Oh it's bigger than just a kick to the nuts.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zing!

Brilliant.  

Oh it's bigger than just a kick to the nuts.

I'm having this vision of my 12 year old sitting there saying in a low hostile voice "BURRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

I hate Sony's online setup and controller though. The way servers are handled pisses me off.

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Actually, I don't know if I was blown away.

I think I am mainly just happy about the lack of DRM.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Microsoft execs are scrambling as we speak.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Pass.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#22]
With the whole game registering and fee shit Xbox has set up, and the whole online once a day shit or you cannot play your games has made me go back to sony.

I will be getting a PS4, unless MS fixes their gaming shit. Sometimes I cut my internet cause of school and I play my xbox offline to keep busy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
With the whole game registering and fee shit Xbox has set up, and the whole online once a day shit or you cannot play your games has made me go back to sony.

Ditto.  Feel the exact same way
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Wtf is up with all this weird shit? I must be getting old, I just want to pop in a game and play. Good lord.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wtf is up with all this weird shit? I must be getting old, I just want to pop in a game and play. Good lord.

You can do that with the PS4

then you can sell the game...or lend it to a friend...or give it to your kids.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really can you?

Thought blu ray was too slow to "stream" games? You still have to install like PS3
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really can you?

Thought blu ray was too slow to "stream" games? You still have to install like PS3

Oh, yea... but it isn't as gay as the PS3.

It lets you play while it's installing.

It doesn't take 3938592 minutes to start a game.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really can you?

Really?  Hadn't heard that before.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Where are you pre ordering the PS4?
How much?
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How much?

$399 amazon.com
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?

$399 amazon.com

thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really can you?

Really?  Hadn't heard that before.

They've said that you can play while it installs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But it appears Sony will not require online all the time and will allow used games.  Those things alone show me which direction to take if I jump in the next gen console game.

PSN needs to go to a pay-to-play model. Xbox Live (minus the kinect fuckery) was superior to PSN and worth the money.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

PSN needs to go to a pay-to-play model. Xbox Live (minus the kinect fuckery) was superior to PSN and worth the money.

They kinda did.

I don't mind. $50 a year is the price.

I have no problem with it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

They kinda did.

I've heard PS+ is absolutely worth the cash, but not having played it myself I didn't want to spread unverified bullshit.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Policy is too creepy for me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
They kinda did.

I've heard PS+ is absolutely worth the cash, but not having played it myself I didn't want to spread unverified bullshit.

It's really cool.

It's required for online game play now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It's really cool.

I was playing MW3 last night and I don't have PS+

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's really cool.

I was playing CoD4 last night and I don't have PS+

You must have gotten a super early release PS4.

But seriously, they're talking about PS4.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Once they hit the shelves, I imagine 360's will be at rock bottom price, i'll probably buy another one and play it until I'm wearing depends underwear.  At least then I won't have to interrupt game play to go take a piss.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You must have gotten a super early release PS4.

But seriously, they're talking about PS4.

I'm retarded.

I thought you were saying PS+ was required on the PS3 now too though, glad that's not the case.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm not super up to date on it, but the no used games is a huge turn off,  I don't like to blow a lot of money on something I will play like 5 times, since modern games seem to be getting shorter.

Also, if MS is going to try the "GOLD" subscription bullshit again, where you have to pay a fee to play online they can blow me, I will be going Sony.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

I will be getting a PS4, unless MS fixes their gaming shit. Sometimes I cut my internet cause of school and I play my xbox offline to keep busy.

Well Sony is now charging for online gaming on the PS4, you need to have psn plus.

Also Sony said they wouldn't be doing any drm by default, they didn't say anything about what drm 3rd parties (publishers) can do.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not super up to date on it, but the no used games is a huge turn off,  I don't like to blow a lot of money on something I will play like 5 times, since modern games seem to be getting shorter.

Also, if MS is going to try the "GOLD" subscription bullshit again, where you have to pay a fee to play online they can blow me, I will be going Sony.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

Well Sony is now charging for online gaming on the PS4, you need to have psn plus.

Also Sony said they wouldn't be doing any drm by default, they didn't say anything about what drm 3rd parties (publishers) can do.

There is no game registration.

There is no mandatory online connection.

There is no DRM.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Most likely neither.  

If I were to buy anything... it would be the PS4 and that only begrudgingly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

There is no DRM.

From Sony.  3rd parties can do as they please.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

There is no DRM.

I can't find anything saying that's true...

It sounds pretty clear that there is no DRM for PS4 games.

There would be an even bigger shit storm if they produced something like this:

If it only applied to first party games.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

If they are charging for online play they can stick it up their ass. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

There is no DRM.

I can't find anything saying that's true...

It sounds pretty clear that there is no DRM for PS4 games.

There would be an even bigger shit storm if they produced something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYUGtI6guY
If it only applied to first party games.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/sony-wont-answer-these-questions-about-ps4-drm-and-used-games-yet/

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pre ordered a PS4

My preorder is in, too.

I was blown away.

Quoted:

If they are charging for online play they can stick it up their ass. Fuck that.

You need a psn plus subscription. $50 per yr.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#49]
That's an old article.... They announced their policy today.

Sure, game publishers can do some stuff, but they can do that now.

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's an old article.... They announced their policy today.

Sure, game publishers can do some stuff, but they can do that now.

The drm they have now is basically a joke, only a deterrent to the average consumer.  It is nothing compared to what they can do on the next gen consoles.

Do you really think companies like EA would drop their online passes out of the kindness of their heart?   No, they did it because they have a better drm system, one that they can use on both the PS4 and the Xbox One.

People are in for a shock when these consoles launch later this year.  (For example, couldn't sony make a statement at E3 about 3rd party DRM not bein allowed on the PS4 if that was the case?)
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top