BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is a great idea.    While the 30-30 can't replace the 300 BO in an AR SBR , the 300 BO would be a great lever gun cartridge to replace the 30-30.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like grampa's old 30-30.

This is a great idea.    While the 30-30 can't replace the 300 BO in an AR SBR , the 300 BO would be a great lever gun cartridge to replace the 30-30.

the 30-30 was one of the first, if not the very first, high velocity smokeless deer cartridges

on paper, it doesn't seem that great - 170 grain flat point bullet at 1900 fps

but the rifle is very very light and very handy, it's a very sleek and nice-pointing little gun

the reason the 30-30 is still around is because it's a perfect match for the little rifle, it kills deer dead and it doesn't jam that skinny little buttstock into your shoulder too hard

over the years, they've tried to use hard-kicking rounds in those lever guns like the 307 Winchester, but it didn't catch on because nobody wants a big heavy lever gun that kicks hard

on the flip side of the coin, nobody wants a downloaded 30-30 in the form of a 300 blk

what possible good would come from swapping a 30-30 out of a marlin and using a 300 blk instead

come on
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a suppressed marlin 336 in 30-30, it's awesome
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like my 208gr amax's traveling at about 2800-2900fps...

Sorry. 300blk doesn't do that.
View Quote

What does that ?   That seems a bit much for 308 Win/7.62x51 or 30-06.      I know there is a lot beyond those two.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If he's going to offer his product,  the least he could do, is do it in the correct manner. He's trying to drum up business, but vieled advertising is just that.

If he's going to discuss the technical merits of the round versus shilling then there's other forums for that but it's difficult to quantify "sexy" in a tech forum.

View Quote

LOFL.. I cant sell. 06 was turned in and ITAR closed down.. Last year.  

There is NO way possible to make the quantity to sell on the corbin hydro press and make a profit.. I would need a 6-9 station transfer press and the wife would get hella mad if i got that and put it in the garage.

This is more of a na na na see what i can do and you cant thread..
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
you guys have misunderstood my posts to this thread

I don't care if fat mcnasty sells bullets, why would I?  

I hope he sells lots of bullets, I'm happy about it.  Good for him.

live long and prosper

the reason you think I hate the 300 is because I don't praise it to an absurd degree

when I evaluate the 300 blk, I do the same evaluation I would do for a round like 300 magnum or 243 Winchester

that makes you think I'm a "hater"

I like the idea of putting a big heavy subsonic bullet in a 223 case

I'm surprised it took so long to appear on the market

for what it is, it's great

but the power level of ANY subsonic round is the same as a warmed-up pistol round, it's not even a magnum pistol power level.

that's just a matter of physics

where the cartridge fails is the supersonic version.  

it is pretty lame, it's hardly worth bothering with.

The ballistics are grossly inferior to the excellent 223 rounds available

any time anybody discusses the actual physical characteristics of the 300 blk, all the fanboys act like you're kicking over a little kid's puppet show out of spite

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There's a disconnect between reality and perception with this cartridge. The numbers break down the same for the effective range of both cartridges with the caveat being that F_M isn't going to gain much traction pimping "sexy" .45ACPs here in GD.

I admire his entrepreneurial spirit but he should be sent packing to shill his wares in the EE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't you have some dirty license plates to report, Cyborg?

I don't report them

those bad apples know who they are

here's the big problem that I have:

everyone was talking and talking about their 300 blackout, how magical it is

so I looked up the actual stats for the round

and I saw that it was not magical

it doesn't suppress "quiet as a typewriter", it suppresses "quiet as a loud chainsaw"

it doesn't penetrate to the core of the earth after circling the globe 5 times, it's ballistically equal to a 45 acp round

or it can be hot-rodded to a really sucky version of a 30-30

now everyone is shaking with rage and pain

How dare you interject facts and data into a Fat_McNasty GD shill thread.

He's trying to sell bullets!

Disputing things no one here actually said is interjecting facts now?

There's a disconnect between reality and perception with this cartridge. The numbers break down the same for the effective range of both cartridges with the caveat being that F_M isn't going to gain much traction pimping "sexy" .45ACPs here in GD.

I admire his entrepreneurial spirit but he should be sent packing to shill his wares in the EE.

The biggest advantage to the 300BLK is that you can fired supers and subs with a simple magazine change or even staggered in the magazine for fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

any time anybody discusses the actual physical characteristics of the 300 blk, all the fanboys act like you're kicking over a little kid's puppet show out of spite

View Quote

well you are..

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]

steel case 300blk?

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
If the selling of said "Yummy bullets" was starting the fist week of December, how would one get on someone's mailing list to get notice of this availability?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the thread I needed for the inspiration to build an upper with the 300 blk barrel that i bought thanks to arfcom like 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was very excited to get a 300 blk until I realized that the excellent ballistic coefficient wouldn't help anything at subsonic velocity

you might as well just shoot a hot loaded 45 acp

The whole conversation can be reduced to the following:

The limiting factor on shooting with a suppressor is the need to keep the ammo velocity subsonic

if the ammo is supersonic, it adds a good 20 db of bullet crackling sound to the shot, which defeats the point of shooting with a suppressor

subsonic ammunition is limited to the speed of sound (obviously), which is somewhere around 1000 feet per second

1000 fps velocity is what you would call +P level pistol ammo velocity

no matter what shape the bullet is, or no matter how heavy it is, you're still limited to a medium to heavy pistol round

it's not even a magnum pistol round.

a 300 blackout or 308 whiteout or 287 greenout is all the same, it's about as powerful as a nice +P 45 acp round

a subsonic 300 blackout is no more magical than a 45 acp round, they are more or less ballistically equivalent

a supersonic 300 blackout round is underpowered, it's inferior to the excellent 223 hunting rounds available

if you wanted a suppressed hunting rifle, a better choice would be a 308 bolt gun

then you could load 240 grain bullets down to 1000 fps for suppressed use and still be able to reach out 600 yards with the full power 168 grain loads

View Quote

This is all very important to understand.    If anyone wants to do anyone of these, the 300 blackout is not the perfect round.

The 300 BO's strength is doing so much.    It is a speciality round that is a generalist.    It is a 45 ACP and 7.62x39 in one gun.

Like many here, I have a few 9mm ARs, several 5.56 ARs, and even a suppressed 308 bolt gun.  

I think a 14.5" 5.56 and the 20" 5.56 are great fighting guns.      I have some of each.     If we have a full on war in America,  those are good go to guns.

45 ACP ARs and other short  semi auto carbines are hard to find and high capacity non AR 45 mags are not plentiful nor cheap.  

A short 300 BO is better than a 45 ACP ... right now, for the time being.   The availability of good 45 guns and  mags are few and far between.    

7.62x39 is a lot cheaper.   But, unless you are an AK fan,  it isn't always so great in ARs.  

The 9mm can't come close to the power a supersonic 300 BO can generate.

In a house or around the house in the city, it is a toss up between the subsonic 9mm and 300 BO subsonic  .

It is easy to beat the 300 BO in cost for ammo.
While the 300 BO is not perfect, it does so much... good enough.   All in all, I my view, it is the best general purpose combination of round and gun in a short AR.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ballistics Results for 300 blk    BC = 0.500

Range (yards)  Velocity (fps)  Energy (ft.-lb.)  Trajectory (in)  Come UP in MOA Come UP in Mils Wind Drift (in)  Wind Drift in MOA Wind Drift in Mils
Muzzle 1000 511 -1.5 0 0 0 0 0
25 990 500 2.3 -8.6 -2.5 0 0 0
50 980 490 3.8 -7.2 -2.1 0 0 0
75 971 481 3.1 -3.9 -1.1 0 0 0
100 962 472 0 0 0 0 0 0
125 953 464 -5.4 4.1 1.2 0 0 0
150 944 456 -13.2 8.4 2.4 0 0 0

Ballistics Results for 45 acp    BC = 0.200

Range (yards)  Velocity (fps)  Energy (ft.-lb.)  Trajectory (in)  Come UP in MOA Come UP in Mils Wind Drift (in)  Wind Drift in MOA Wind Drift in Mils
25 975 486 2.4 -9.3 -2.7 0 0 0
50 953 464 4.1 -7.8 -2.3 0 0 0
75 932 444 3.3 -4.2 -1.2 0 0 0
100 913 426 0 0 0 0 0 0
125 895 409 -5.8 4.5 1.3 0 0 0
150 878 394 -14.4 9.2 2.7 0 0 0

At 150 yards, the 45 acp bullet has 6% less velocity, 14% less energy and 1.2 inches more drop than the 300 blackout

the 45 acp rises 0.3 inches higher above the line of sight at 50 yards when using a 100 yard zero

at 100 yards, the 45 acp is 5% slower than the 300 blk

for all practical purposes, the two rounds are equal

MATH, HOW DOES IT WORK?

The 300 blackout suppresses to around 135 db, same as every other subsonic pistol round

The only difference between the 45 acp and 300 blk is the cost, factory ammo for the 300 is twice as expensive

there's nothing wrong with the 300 blk, but endless slobbering over it really isn't justified

it really doesn't do anything magic

the subsonic version is just a +P pistol round

and the supersonic version is like a really weak 30-30 load or a real hot 30 M1 carbine load

View Quote

This... except it is ... BOTH.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:29:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you think that looks good you should see a .308
View Quote

Is your .308 Hollywood quiet and has the same energy at 150 yards as a .45 acp at point blank range?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
.300 BLK is basically an MP5SD and a Krinkov in the same package; but with AR modularity and ergos - and you can switch between the two with nothing more than a mag change.  That's the glory of it.
View Quote

That is the way I see it.   As a lightweight here with only about a dozen ARs and 4 suppressors,  along with 3 dozen other guns, (again, a lightweight for AR15.com), I have made room for a suppressed 8.5" 300 BO AR.     I see it as symbol of true diversity.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

the 30-30 was one of the first, if not the very first, high velocity smokeless deer cartridges

but the rifle is very very light and very handy, it's a very sleek and nice-pointing little gun

the reason the 30-30 is still around is because it's a perfect match for the little rifle, it kills deer dead and it doesn't jam that skinny little buttstock into your shoulder too hard

over the years, they've tried to use hard-kicking rounds in those lever guns like the 307 Winchester, but it didn't catch on because nobody wants a big heavy lever gun that kicks hard

on the flip side of the coin, nobody wants a downloaded 30-30 in the form of a 300 blk

what possible good would come from swapping a 30-30 out of a marlin and using a 300 blk instead

come on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like grampa's old 30-30.

come on

Oh, Come on.

How about more bullet selection for the 300 BO?     How about super 150's or sub 150's  in a 300 BO lever gun?

People enjoy super quiet 300 BO bolt guns.    I would imagine a suppressed 300 BO lever gun would be more fun.

The 30-30 is fine.    But, people still buy 45 colt, 44 mag, and 357 mag lever guns.    I would imagine they would buy 300 BO lever guns.

How about not having to stock 30-30 ammo?      I bet a 125 gr lever gun bullet in a 300 BO would smoke a 7.62x39 round for deer.

Ever notice the trend of people SBRing and/or suppressing 357 lever guns?     An SBRed and suppressed 300 BO lever gun might be a whole lot of fun.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#17]

That is the weirdest 9mm subsonic or 45 ACP subsonic round I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
you guys have misunderstood my posts to this thread << actually I agree with a lot you say.

but the power level of ANY subsonic round is the same as a warmed-up pistol round, it's not even a magnum pistol power level.
a .44 Magnum can push a 340 grain bullet to 1478 fps; which means that subsonics with the same weight are doable; Rossi makes decent M92 clones that can handle this quite well since they do make a .454 Casull variant. Just that they're lever action instead of gas impingement. And I can scope an AR pistol/SBR/M4forgery much better than I can a Rossi lever action. Optics are now a 'big deal' for me.
and here's my reference for the .44 Mag load level

and this is why I got a .277 Wolverine since it does better in supersonic than the .300 BLK.
It can push a 90 grain bullet to 2600 fps using 1680 or 1200R without too much difficulty. Which is a compromise from what the 6.8 SPC II can do but without special bolt & mags. One of the design goals for the .277 WLV was to have a 300 meter hunting round. So, just switch out the upper and ammo then I'm there. The 300 meter limit is OK since it is the max I seen varmints & deer anymore anyway.

and here's my reference for the .277 Wolverine loads

any time anybody discusses the actual physical characteristics of the 300 blk, all the fanboys act like you're kicking over a little kid's puppet show out of spite I'm not upset, just stating for me ; it is a compromise that I've accepted. IMHO, a suppressed .300BLK in a pseudo SBR is better at HD/SD than a pistol plus doesn't make the ring&little fingers on both hands go numb for a week or so like a 12GA with 00 buck does.

It is my preference to have thirty .300BLK rounds ready to go vs. a pistol.
View Quote

Again, I don't know your requirements or setup which is implied to be quite nice, and would be interested in reading your suggestions for me instead of a .300 BLK for HD in another thread since I don't want to side track Fat_McNasty's welcome back thread. Fair enough?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
you guys have misunderstood my posts to this thread

I don't care if fat mcnasty sells bullets, why would I?  

I hope he sells lots of bullets, I'm happy about it.  Good for him.

live long and prosper

the reason you think I hate the 300 is because I don't praise it to an absurd degree

when I evaluate the 300 blk, I do the same evaluation I would do for a round like 300 magnum or 243 Winchester

that makes you think I'm a "hater"

I like the idea of putting a big heavy subsonic bullet in a 223 case

I'm surprised it took so long to appear on the market

that's just a matter of physics

it is pretty lame, it's hardly worth bothering with.

The ballistics are grossly inferior to the excellent 223 rounds available

View Quote

That maybe true.   However, all I have read says otherwise.    Everything says the super 300 BO beats the 5.56 and 7.62x39 in short SBRs from 8"-12" guns.  

THE biggest down side I see to the 300 BO  from a practical standpoint is a good optic.    The ideal optic would switch between a zeroed subsonic reticle and a  separate zeroed supersonic reticle.    I know of no such optic, including the Leupold

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I haven't updated this picture in awhile.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=56886
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good to hear!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you sharing again?

well Dec 5th is coming quickly..

This mean your health is doing better?  Remember you saying that was the reason you were taking a break after making expanding subsonic 300BLK.

almost one year no cancer re-occurrence, Medical bills getting paid down. and almost back to my mean old self 10 lbs heaver. and blood pressure is way down. so ya things are looking up.

Good to hear!

+1

and oh yeah...

this adds to the sexiness with its 300 blk reticle

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

if the ammo is supersonic, it adds a good 20 db of bullet crackling sound to the shot, which defeats the point of shooting with a suppressor

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I really wanted to try these.

If you don't have the 06 anymore, how about talking to Hornady, Nosler, or Sierra about production?

As the 300FAT BLK Expander

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

100 962 472 0 0 0 0 0 0

100 913 426 0 0 0 0 0 0

At 150 yards, the 45 acp bullet has 6% less velocity, 14% less energy and 1.2 inches more drop than the 300 blackout

the 45 acp rises 0.3 inches higher above the line of sight at 50 yards when using a 100 yard zero

MATH, HOW DOES IT WORK?

The 300 blackout suppresses to around 135 db, same as every other subsonic pistol round

The only difference between the 45 acp and 300 blk is the cost, factory ammo for the 300 is twice as expensive

there's nothing wrong with the 300 blk, but endless slobbering over it really isn't justified

and the supersonic version is like a really weak 30-30 load or a real hot 30 M1 carbine load

View Quote
boom boom pow

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is NO way possible to make the quantity to sell on the corbin hydro press and make a profit.. I would need a 6-9 station transfer press and the wife would get hella mad if i got that and put it in the garage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he's going to offer his product,  the least he could do, is do it in the correct manner. He's trying to drum up business, but vieled advertising is just that.

If he's going to discuss the technical merits of the round versus shilling then there's other forums for that but it's difficult to quantify "sexy" in a tech forum.

unsubscribed
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had hopes, man.    

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/22ad286837eb11ba3fb46b6682a75817/tumblr_mkrjf4C3oL1rj8nzio1_500.png

why don't you look up the decibel levels for supersonic bullets in flight

it's complicated and varies but you'll see they meter out to around 140 db or so

then come back to the thread and be the elite hero
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#28]
psst: It's a cartridge, not a bullet.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love what you do, an exercise in what can be done. GD is the biggest collection of assholes in the free world.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Again, I don't know your requirements or setup which is implied to be quite nice, and would be interested in reading your suggestions for me instead of a .300 BLK for HD in another thread since I don't want to side track Fat_McNasty's welcome back thread. Fair enough?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you guys have misunderstood my posts to this thread << actually I agree with a lot you say.

a .44 Magnum can push a 340 grain bullet to 1478 fps; which means that subsonics with the same weight are doable; Rossi makes decent M92 clones that can handle this quite well since they do make a .454 Casull variant. Just that they're lever action instead of gas impingement. And I can scope an AR pistol/SBR/M4forgery much better than I can a Rossi lever action. Optics are now a 'big deal' for me.

and this is why I got a .277 Wolverine since it does better in supersonic than the .300 BLK.
It can push a 90 grain bullet to 2600 fps using 1680 or 1200R without too much difficulty. Which is a compromise from what the 6.8 SPC II can do but without special bolt & mags. One of the design goals for the .277 WLV was to have a 300 meter hunting round. So, just switch out the upper and ammo then I'm there. The 300 meter limit is OK since it is the max I seen varmints & deer anymore anyway.

any time anybody discusses the actual physical characteristics of the 300 blk, all the fanboys act like you're kicking over a little kid's puppet show out of spite I'm not upset, just stating for me ; it is a compromise that I've accepted. IMHO, a suppressed .300BLK in a pseudo SBR is better at HD/SD than a pistol plus doesn't make the ring&little fingers on both hands go numb for a week or so like a 12GA with 00 buck does.

I think you should use a cartridge that's "typewriter quiet", meaning something around 70db

that's 10 db quieter than a dial tone

according to the threads i read right here on arfcom, that would be the 300 blk

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]
How does one get their hands on some of these subs?  You know, for research purposes?

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I love what you do, an exercise in what can be done. GD is the biggest collection of assholes in the free world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and here you are
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I think you should use a cartridge that's "typewriter quiet", meaning something around 70db

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jesse James' faggot ass made a suppressor that quiet but arfcom won't let me do a fundraiser to buy one and test it and call him a liar/imbecile.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I had hopes, man.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had hopes, man.    

Welcome to the land of the free. fascist.

ITAR is a fucking millstone around the necks of small business (and plenty of medium/large businesses, too)

You can't even make cast lead projectiles for resale without being an ITAR registered manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

that's what im working on now.. trying to get the price down to an easy to swallow number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

220gr of my own creation. will expand at 750 fps.

How many Shekels for the boolits?

that's what im working on now.. trying to get the price down to an easy to swallow number.

I'd be interested in loaded cartridges.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I want some 300 blk ammo  that fires .223 sabots.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want some 300 blk ammo  that fires .223 sabots.
View Quote

http://eabco.com/remington-accelerator-sabots.html
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Honestly, I'd like to try a .17-223

25 gr at 4000 fps.  

Cheap to reload Prairie dog round?

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Oh, Come on.

How about more bullet selection for the 300 BO?     How about super 150's or sub 150's  in a 300 BO lever gun?

People enjoy super quiet 300 BO bolt guns.    I would imagine a suppressed 300 BO lever gun would be more fun.

The 30-30 is fine.    But, people still buy 45 colt, 44 mag, and 357 mag lever guns.    I would imagine they would buy 300 BO lever guns.

How about not having to stock 30-30 ammo?      I bet a 125 gr lever gun bullet in a 300 BO would smoke a 7.62x39 round for deer.

Ever notice the trend of people SBRing and/or suppressing 357 lever guns?     An SBRed and suppressed 300 BO lever gun might be a whole lot of fun.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

come on
Oh, Come on.

Something like this?  I think it would be a hoot in 300BLK but alas, too many projects on the list and not enough funds...

Shorten the rail, normal lever-loop, thinner can, slim down the forearm, and GIMME!  

Video about it here.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

100 962 472 0 0 0 0 0 0

100 913 426 0 0 0 0 0 0

MATH, HOW DOES IT WORK?

View Quote

But going from sub to supers with 300blk is a mag change. Which gives you like 3 times the energy immediately. .45 is slightly worse to the 300blk in subs and immensely worse compared to the supers. Utility is the key.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But going from sub to supers with 300blk is a mag change. Which gives you like 3 times the energy immediately. .45 is slightly worse to the 300blk in subs and immensely worse compared to the supers. Utility is the key.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100 962 472 0 0 0 0 0 0

100 913 426 0 0 0 0 0 0

MATH, HOW DOES IT WORK?

Give up.  that point is continually ignored by individuals who have an irrational hatred of the 300blk.  

it is not as effective to 1000yds as a 50 cal so it is completely and totally useless.  

those numbers, while interesting, mean nothing to 95% of people who will shoot a 300blk.  Some people can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#42]

amazing what marketing can do for a 30.30 WCF  churched up  to appeal to the fad of the year clubs
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Give up.  that point is continually ignored by individuals who have an irrational hatred of the 300blk.  

it is not as effective to 1000yds as a 50 cal so it is completely and totally useless.  

those numbers, while interesting, mean nothing to 95% of people who will shoot a 300blk.  Some people can't help themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

100 962 472 0 0 0 0 0 0

100 913 426 0 0 0 0 0 0

MATH, HOW DOES IT WORK?

I've said this 1000 times, the BEST part about SUBSONIC 300 blk, is not using it and putting supersonic rounds in your gun lol

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you think that looks good you should see a .308
View Quote

I like 30-06 if I'm going to reach out and touch someone.. 300 BLK if I want to stick with an AR15 but want bigger holes.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In this thread we find those who neither SBR nor suppress.
View Quote

Nor those that can understand just how SD plays in the performance of a bullet, subsonic or otherwise.

A member here that has The Wound Channel on YouTube is surprised by how a non-AP SUBSONIC 300BLK round defeats bulletproof glass while both 45 & 10mm do not, and he is not a fan of the 300.  In fact, he's rather critical of it.

So yeah, a subsonic round that can defeat bulletproof glass does have appeal.

300BLK subsonic bulletproof glass testing
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Nor those that can understand just how SD plays in the performance of a bullet, subsonic or otherwise.

A member here that has The Wound Channel on YouTube is surprised by how a non-AP SUBSONIC 300BLK round defeats bulletproof glass while both 45 & 10mm do not, and he is not a fan of the 300.  In fact, he's rather critical of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In this thread we find those who neither SBR nor suppress.

Yep that's me, and I was surprised that it went through that rather thick piece of "bulletproof" glass.  Although it was of unknown rating and age, and pulled from a gas station being remodeled that my friend worked at.

Here's the exact same round (from the same box) vs a brand new piece of "bulletproof" glass, this time I knew the rating and age.  It was Level IIIA (that means rated for 9mm and 44mag for those that don't know).

Most people who watch that video without watching the first one don't understand why I did it, or why I was surprised it didn't go through.  The first one I did just to see if the sectional density could allow such a low energy round to go through some scrap material I had laying in my shed.  When it did, I figured I should repeat the test with a sample I knew more about.  That way I could say it went through a Level IIIA piece of glass, not "some old plastic that came out of a gas station".  Problem is, it didn't go through the glass with the actual rating.  Oh well.

It's not that the SD of subsonic 300blk isn't interesting, it's that I find no good application for it that I would trade a 5.56 or 6.8 SPC for.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Sectional density... Makes the 300 black out better than .45 acp
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
At what?  Creating ice pick wounds?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do know that there are a number of manufacturers who offer expanding subs right?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#50]
You conclude that subsonic 300 blk is worthless because it didn't penetrate IIIa bulletproof glass?

Impressidasting.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top