Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no idea how people can carry that much shit on their person.  I can hardly carry my wallet, keys, and phone unless I have a jacket with pockets.
View Quote
They don't.  They say they do, but they don't.

If they actually do, they do it because of a mental illness.  Just like any other obsessive /compulsive.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Winner.

Thats oper9r as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You do you, and don't care what the people say. You know where their jive is at.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 5 or 6 guns I'll sometimes carry. Which one I carry on a particular day depends on mood and dress.

No one cares what you think about their carry practices.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
tale of 2 sigs.

938 when i'm concerned with deep concealment (work, gym shorts, etc.), and 229 when i'm not.

i think the 229 is going to be replaced by a g19, as i get assimilated into the glorg.

Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
GD: People don’t take responsibility for themselves and be prepared for bad times!

Also GD: People Carry too much shit in their pockets lulz Jayson Borne. Probably lying about it to increase their social standing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Carrying a Roland Special and a Microtech is fine. Also carrying 2 other guns, another knife, 3 more flashlights, a tourniquet, 7 pens, 2 watches, 3 cell phones, keys for your house and every car you own, your passport and wallet is not fine.
View Quote
He said "Finely crafted arm", not plastic POS of the day, so Roland special does not apply.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Why would you not adapt your load to your situation?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
The situation isn't changing.  The fashion is.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
My situation dictates size of the gun and the amount of ammo.  The manual of arms remains consistent.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait. Am I allowed to use more lethal force if dude is wearing a coat or something?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I like guns. I carry guns. Sometimes I try something new.

Being stagnant is for loosers
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol at Jason Bourne

Different strokes for different folks, but I'm pretty skeptical of the guys who say they carry 2 guns, multiple mags, 3 knives, 2 lights, a multitool, other random tools, paracord, quick-clot, etc etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The whole "EDC" craze has gone off the deep end. The pocket dump threads are hilarious. People carrying 20lbs of shit everywhere they go? Lol. Relax, Jason Bourne.
Lol at Jason Bourne

Different strokes for different folks, but I'm pretty skeptical of the guys who say they carry 2 guns, multiple mags, 3 knives, 2 lights, a multitool, other random tools, paracord, quick-clot, etc etc.
I typically agree except for my buddy who has a s&w bodyguard ankle gun, a m9A3 or 1911 aiwb and  his s&w m19c performance center in a shoulder rig.

My 2.75" m66 is the smallest gun I've carried in a long time. Maybe over 10 years.

Im still middle of the pack in the 25moa challenge shooting DA
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
It’s nice to have good edc stuff.  But like all the things we overdue it.  It’s human nature.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If they actually do, they do it because of a mental illness.  Just like any other obsessive /compulsive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no idea how people can carry that much shit on their person.  I can hardly carry my wallet, keys, and phone unless I have a jacket with pockets.

Hyperbole much?

A wallet, keys, pocket knife, light, reload and gun is so easy.

I think you know nothing about mental illness. Being confident in being prepared is not even close. But keep making excuses for being lazy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He said "Finely crafted arm", not plastic POS of the day, so Roland special does not apply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carrying a Roland Special and a Microtech is fine. Also carrying 2 other guns, another knife, 3 more flashlights, a tourniquet, 7 pens, 2 watches, 3 cell phones, keys for your house and every car you own, your passport and wallet is not fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I carried a Kahr K9 for 20 years 95% of the time. The other 5%, I carried something else because the K9 was in the shop getting refinished.

Now I carry a 637 Smith because I want to... and the Kahr is about to go get a new finish.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know what is more screechingly autistic - people who pretend to carry all that EDC shit or people who actually do.  And I am guessing the second group is primarily doing it hoping and praying the subject of EDC comes up so they can show their stuff off.

Okay Jason Bourne, we're all duly impressed with your three knives, passport, and tactical buttplug.  Time for you to go back undercover.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hyperbole much?

I think you know nothing about mental illness. Being confident in being prepared is not even close. But keep making excuses for being lazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hyperbole much?

"prepared".  LOL.  Ok, your stuff will make you prepared.

God, you gotta love the people here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"prepared".  LOL.  Ok, your stuff will make you prepared.

God, you gotta love the people here.
View Quote
Well, I usually carry a chapstick, but I also train with it.  Train the way you fight...and I fight moisturized.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Swapping guns on a whim (this doesn’t include changing attire, seasons, or trying out a potentially more viable carry gun) or just for fun is retarded as fuck and I question the maturity of anyone dumb enough to do so.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, I usually carry a chapstick, but I also train with it.  Train the way you fight...and I fight moisturized.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I have several handguns I rotate through as I see fit.
Just sort of what do I feel like carrying today..You know, personal choice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Shield for weather where it's too hot to wear anything heavier than a t-shirt. P320 all other weather.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm fine with having options. I like to. I am in different situations almost every day, and a gun in the pocket or waist band is better than a cannon at home. All of mine have the same manual of arms, safety locations, etc. I practice with and train with anything on the list.

Home gym shorts, not leaving the house: LCP
walking the dog around the neighborhood: Shield 9mm with TLR 6
anything in the city or woods: Les Baer TRS with soon ivory grips. Because I want to. I shoot it well, and if I'm going to have something near me all the time I want something nice.
shitty weather at night or impending storm: M&P 2.0c with TLR HL

I also carry a Microtech Combat Troodon. if I'm going to carry a knife every time I'm out of the house I want something decent. I have minimalist keys and my phone case carries ID/CC so I can really do this and keep my pockets mostly empty.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't know what is more screechingly autistic - people who pretend to carry all that EDC shit or people who actually do.
View Quote
Yep the few I have met over the years were really odd VFD/EMT/HAM types that were genuinely legit aspy socially ackward types .
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, if that's all you carry, it's your funeral.  My minimum loadout has at least twice that much gear, and I only gear down to that level for the walk to my mailbox.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here...

That my general carry loadout. The gun changes, but the idea is the same. Gun, reload, knife, wallet, creds, keys, and phone,.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Swapping guns on a whim (this doesn't include changing attire, seasons, or trying out a potentially more viable carry gun) or just for fun is retarded as fuck and I question the maturity of anyone dumb enough to do so.
View Quote
LOL.....

Variety is the spice of life and I own guns because they put a smile on my face. Being great self defense tools is an added bonus.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Fashion lesson starts at :40

Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Same clock 26 here for the last 10 years.  Handled more than a police trade in!
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Anything less than a .50ae is inadequate.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anything less than a .50ae is inadequate.
View Quote
Nuke50 - Nuclear handgun and ammunition

Anything less is death.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Same here...

http://i.imgur.com/k9mfNwk.jpg

That my general carry loadout. The gun changes, but the idea is the same. Gun, reload, knife, wallet, creds, keys, and phone,.
View Quote
You don’t wear your CCW badge on your belt?
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You don't wear your CCW badge on your belt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here...

http://i.imgur.com/k9mfNwk.jpg

You don't wear your CCW badge on your belt?
I go with the sash.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Sig 938 and a Spyderco Para3.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I go with the sash.
View Quote
Yeah those are operator as F@ck!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#40]
I usually traverse this world with a 5 shot snubby and no reload, and I did not even died yet. Hell, I don't even have a multi-tool, flashlight, or tourniquet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I usually traverse this world with a 5 shot snubby and no reload, and I did not even died yet. Hell, I don't even have a multi-tool, flashlight, or tourniquet.
View Quote
Living on the edge! I bet you bang $20 hookers without a rubber too.

I dont carry a reload just a loaded pocket gun G42 or 639. I live in the country and work in a small town so no real threats. More likely to shoot a coyote or armored dilldo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#42]
what’s up with those little pry bars that cost $399? I never understood it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
what’s up with those little pry bars that cost $399? I never understood it.
View Quote
Listen bud, do you want to put a price on your life?

One day an exoskeleton is gonna be sent from the future and you're gonna need a way out of that dog kennel BUT OOPS the pry bar was too expensive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

One day an exoskeleton is gonna be sent from the future and you're gonna need a way out of that dog kennel BUT OOPS the pry bar was too expensive.
View Quote
Haha shit. All that money for a “custom” CNC machined 6gr piece of titanium plate wasted. :(
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I carry a .357 magnum revolver for a number of reasons primary of which is power.

In the summer I am challenged to conceal that much steel under too little layers of clothing. So I transition to smaller five shot .38 Special which still still stupid hard to conceal but easier.

Hope my fashion sense meets with your approval.
View Quote
So you are telling me you use two handguns that are similar in presentation and sight picture to CPL and not 5 different makes of handgun because it's 'fun'?

That's the point. People are carrying for 'fun' and badass factor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what's up with those little pry bars that cost $399? I never understood it.

Fuck you and your Terminator 3 reference. Only Terminator or T2 is allowed here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Jesus fuck, people are buying a magazine that's one big ad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That dudes a massive shill. Fuck his content
View Quote
I'm guessing Olight is involved then.

ETA: Yup.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top