Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#1]
And all of a sudden Europe admits they have a problem with Terrorism.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nothing puts bad guys down at close range as well as buckshot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he just means that he doesn't want French cops saddled with the retarded pump shotgun that has been ubiquitous to US law enforcement for so long, and instead wants modern autoloading rifles.  
Shotguns are considered barbaric amongst many euro LE  
So they use  MP5s instead

I've never heard anyone call them barbaric.

They are ridiculously impractical though, which is why they're not usually issued.
Jack of all trades, master of none.  Well, except for shooting birds.  

Nothing puts bad guys down at close range as well as buckshot.

It would be hard to find a worse application for the shotgun than crowded urban areas (which terrorist seem to love).
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Were we not told that there are lots of French cops with guns? So it is in fact true that there were a number of French police who were on scene or fled the scene because....well shit they had no guns.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The WWI story about the Germans isn't really relevant. Most cops haven't heard it, it seems to be better known in the US.

Shotguns are simply considered obsolete and impractical for anything but less lethal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he just means that he doesn't want French cops saddled with the retarded pump shotgun that has been ubiquitous to US law enforcement for so long, and instead wants modern autoloading rifles.  

They are ridiculously impractical though, which is why they're not usually issued.
was always under the impression it was a historical stigma left over from the Germans in WWI abhorring them

The WWI story about the Germans isn't really relevant. Most cops haven't heard it, it seems to be better known in the US.

Shotguns are simply considered obsolete and impractical for anything but less lethal.

FBI Stats by       2007    2008     2009      2010     2011
Shotguns           457      442       423         366     356

Lots of people in the US would disagree, but they are dead so, let me do if for them. Shotguns used correctly even with the wrong ammo will kill a guy dead, or at best leave them as practice for surgeons. I know a guy who lost half of several important organs to a shotgun with bird shot. If the shooter had used 00...well either way it screwed him up bad for life, or should I say his vastly dimished life and life span.

For people who rarely use a firearm, pass vehicle weapons around like a Vegas whore at a bachelor party, and rarely maintain it, a shotgun is better choice than... nothing. Which apparently is what a lot of them have now. Is the average cop going to make head shots at 50 meters with one, I would like to see them do it now with a rifle and a EO Tech.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hire more paras and less college kids.  Its working for us

Rob
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol. Knew this was coming.  As soon as i saw the video of the unarmed cop being executed i gave France 6 months before cargo pockets and MRAPS
He was Armed....  
Not mentally.  
Not many are. It's one of the dilemmas of arming everyone. That, and if the attacks are spontaneous/ambush anyway, it doesn't really matter what the initial victims are carrying. For first responders it could be crucial..  

Hire more paras and less college kids.  Its working for us

Rob
Militarisation of the Police?..........we have more these days, doesn't always work that well as many struggle to temper the 'force first' option.......army barmy is not always a good thing in general policing..anti-terror operations, certainly more value

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol.

Well, all I can say is, MURICA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We don't want necessarily the arms that American police have. We need weapons that can respond," said Philippe Capon of French police union UNSA.

"We need to arm our cops like Americans, but don't want to because that's what the Americans do."

Lol.

Well, all I can say is, MURICA.

Send the Frenchies some blunderbusses!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
lostnswv

Lots of people in the US would disagree, but they are dead so, let me do if for them. Shotguns used correctly even with the wrong ammo will kill a guy dead, or at best leave them as practice for surgeons. I know a guy who lost half of several important organs to a shotgun with bird shot. If the shooter had used 00...well either way it screwed him up bad for life, or should I say his vastly dimished life and life span.

For people who rarely use a firearm, pass vehicle weapons around like a Vegas whore at a bachelor party, and rarely maintain it, a shotgun is better choice than... nothing. Which apparently is what a lot of them have now. Is the average cop going to make head shots at 50 meters with one, I would like to see them do it now with a rifle and a EO Tech.

View Quote

Shotguns are awesome; Until you run out of ammo
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
lostnswv

Pretty much, every firearm ever made runs out of awesome when the ammo boxes are empty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My sister in law is german, she abotu had a heart attack when i took my brother to the range. she actually had a mild panic attack when i put the guns in my car to go home.
View Quote

Absolutely completely normal.

I married a German woman.  She wound up blaming me for the Giffords shooting-- as someone who was supportive of the "gun culture."

Currently finishing paperwork on becoming my ex wife.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:37:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I married a German woman.  She wound up blaming me for the Giffords shooting-- as someone who was supportive of the "gun culture."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My sister in law is german, she abotu had a heart attack when i took my brother to the range. she actually had a mild panic attack when i put the guns in my car to go home.

Some Brit girl screamed "OMG YOU CARRY A GUN!?!" when I was in uniform. I informed her that yes, in America police carry firearms, as does probably about 20% of the population around here. She may have pooped a little.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why dont the Euro countries look to their center and just copy Switzerland.

NOBODY fucks with the Swiss cops, or with the people either.
Crime rate is really low, and the only shitstirrers are non-swiss.

Everybody knows how to handle a gun, and the general pop. are all heavily armed,
with full-auto.

And just walking around in Switzerland, it just 'feels' safe.
Nobody is gonna go all snackbar there, either.

Switzerland didn't get invaded in two world wars for a reason.
Unless somebody opens a can of sunshine, they will stay safe thru the next mess, too.

IMHO YMMV

View Quote

UPDATE:  Gun laws are tightening in der Schweiz.

Also, the reasonthey weren't invaded by the Nazis was primarily because they collaborated by laundering Nazi money and loot.

Secondly, big mountains and choke points.

Arms had little to do with it I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Meat and bones.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Were we not told that there are lots of French cops with guns? So it is in fact true that there were a number of French police who were on scene or fled the scene because....well shit they had no guns.
View Quote
The Officers at the Charlie Hebdo shooting were armed. The Female officer was unarmed and was executed the next day.

The officers retreated to cover. It is called a tactical withdrawl. Even the military preaches that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Hitlerverse Portal? Sweet!

Maybe in Hitlerverse it is ARs that are in trashcans.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
AT-4s normally make real small holes
View Quote

Thats true.  Use more than one.  It will eventually work.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Just mentioned on GMA. France to hire 3,000 Counter-Terrorist Officers and said they will better arms their cops across the board.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

was always under the impression it was a historical stigma left over from the Germans in WWI abhorring them

That's only because you guys havent discovered the joys of shooting Federal's Flite Control 00 Buck.
Bead sight, cylinder bore barrel, and I can easily keep all 9 pellets in between the shoulders of a standard B29 target at 50 yards.
Seriously.
Throw some 1 oz slugs in the gun and we can reach out 100 yards and touch someone easily.

I used to not like the shotgun until the Flite Control Ammo.....It has literally doubled the effective range of 00 buck and it is downright nasty at ranges less than 7 yards.

Can you guys get that over there?

There's got to be a way I could send you a box or two of it to try....
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

same as the Terrorist attack in India years ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The French engaged the terrorists. Don't damn insult them. The original report over the radio went out as a robbery. Not a terrorist attack. Officers arrived on scene and took action.

Numerous incidents like that have occurred in the USA in which officers were ill informed and took cover until backup could arrive. Cops are Soldiers like understand that there is a difference between cover and concealment along with fighting smart. Charging head long into a machine gun nest is stupid. Charging head long into two terrorists armed with rifles while you only have a pistol is stupid. They didn't quit and left, the regrouped and pressed on. If they didn't, then the terrorists would be alive today and giving speeches in Iraq or Syria.

My they rest in peace and know that they are avenged.

Officer Clarissa Jean-Philippe

She was the other officer killed by the terror group.

She was a newly minted officer, only 15 days on the job. She originally lived in the French Overseas Territory of Martinique.

Officer Ahmed Merabet

Eight years on the force and just passed his promotional exam to make Detective.

Franck Brinsolaro

Officers killed in the line of duty:

Franck Brinsolaro

Service de la Protection - Police Nationale (Armed - Protective Detail Operations)

Ahmed Merabet

Prefecture de police de Paris - Police Nationale (Armed - Bicycle Patrol)

Clarissa Jean-Philippe

CFTC Police Municipal (Unarmed - Municipal Patrol)

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's only because you guys havent discovered the joys of shooting Federal's Flite Control 00 Buck.
Bead sight, cylinder bore barrel, and I can easily keep all 9 pellets in between the shoulders of a standard B29 target at 50 yards.
Seriously.
Throw some 1 oz slugs in the gun and we can reach out 100 yards and touch someone easily.

I used to not like the shotgun until the Flite Control Ammo.....It has literally doubled the effective range of 00 buck and it is downright nasty at ranges less than 7 yards.

Can you guys get that over there?

There's got to be a way I could send you a box or two of it to try....
View Quote

Yeah, we can get it, but it's still not as useful for the police as a SMG or carbine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sounds like she's "speshul".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My cousin married a woman born and raised in Germany, and her reaction is very similar.  She even won't "let him" have a gun.  She has a strong dislike and fear of guns.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My cousin married a woman born and raised in Germany, and her reaction is very similar.  She even won't "let him" have a gun.  She has a strong dislike and fear of guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a sheltered urbanite.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#25]
St Louis City PD recently got rid of their PCC's.

I'll confess to having ALOT more familiarity with the M16/AR15 platform than the 870, I wouldnt be terrified if all I had was the 870 to work with.

I'll admit I wouldnt charge a machine gun nest by myself with an 870, but then again, I wouldnt do it with an M16 either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
St Louis City PD recently got rid of their PCC's.

I'll confess to having ALOT more familiarity with the M16/AR15 platform than the 870, I wouldnt be terrified if all I had was the 870 to work with.

I'll admit I wouldnt charge a machine gun nest by myself with an 870, but then again, I wouldnt do it with an M16 either.
View Quote

Id much prefer a Semi Rifle over a Shotgun...Don't get me wrong, Shotguns have their uses, and they really CAN be precision tools..IF you do enough shooting to be supremely confident with them.. I freely admit that Im not.  Been there done that, been in a situation where ALL i had was a 590 with buckshot, and was over 40 yards away from an armed BG with one of ours next to him..if things had gone bad, it could have gone REAL bad....the reason given for why we couldnt have Patrol Rifles (Even officer-owned, no cost to the Dept) was that they wouldnt pay for the extra 2 training days mandated for Rifle Quals per year.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"We need to arm our cops like Americans, but don't want to because that's what the Americans do."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"We don't want necessarily the arms that American police have. We need weapons that can respond," said Philippe Capon of French police union UNSA.

No kidding, that's kind of annoying. So, they've recognized a need for police to be armed with a solid pistol and multiple magazines and a shogun or semi-auto in every patrol car but by doing it they'd be admitting that we have been right about how we arm cops? And pride says don't act like the armed Americans?

Alrighty then.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No kidding, that's kind of annoying. So, they've recognized a need for police to be armed with a solid pistol and multiple magazines and a shogun or semi-auto in every patrol car but by doing it they'd be admitting that we have been right about how we arm cops? And pride says don't act like the armed Americans?

Alrighty then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

Pretty much Spot On....... Many Euro Police Agencies also dont allow off-duty carry either, your weapon is secured at work when you clock off
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Pretty much Spot On....... Many Euro Police Agencies also dont allow off-duty carry either, your weapon is secured at work when you clock off
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alrighty then.

They treat their LE like we treat our military.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Alrighty then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

That's not what they're saying.

They recognize the need for long arms, but don't necessarily want the same weapons that you guys use, like shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

According to the Canadians I talked to they can't take home their Beretta's either

ETA: I leave my duty gun at work too, but only because I have plenty of my own to use off duty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
According to the Canadians I talked to they can't take home their Beretta's either

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alrighty then.

Yup...

Same with Latin America too. Oh, what a shocker!

The United States of America is the Odd Man Out.... our history, policies, laws, culture, etc are different from the majority of the world. The fact that our cops can carry off duty is odd to most nations. The fact that our citizens can carry is blood vessel busting to most nations.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They recognize the need for long arms, but don't necessarily want the same weapons that you guys use, like shotguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

I understand that they don't like shotguns, I was just describing what we have- I should have just said "long arms" instead. I agree with the Euro mindset though- I wouldn't use a shotgun either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

American weapons can be so much scarier than French weapons....we don't want scary American "dindu" killing weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

American weapons can be so much scarier than French weapons....we don't want scary American "dindu" killing weapons.
You mean glocks, sigs, and smiths?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

For people who rarely use a firearm, a shotgun is better choice than... nothing. Which apparently is what a lot of them have now. Is the average cop going to make head shots at 50 meters with one, I would like to see them do it now with a rifle and a EO Tech.

View Quote

Fail.  Well, not complete fail, a shotgun is indeed better than nothing.

But it's a terrible choice for the "cops who rarely use a firearm".  The shotgun is easily the toughest small arm with which to achieve and maintain combat proficiency.  

You can train any cop with decent eyesight and full use of his/her hands to make that 50m head shot with a dot sighted AR in a matter of hours.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Alrighty then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

The majority of European LE is armed just like American LE. A Glock/Eig/HK/Walther/Beretta/S&W/FN made semiauto handgun in 9mm. One to two spare magazines, a pair of cuffs, spray/baton/taser, and a radio.

Swedish Police

Belgian Police

Norwegian Police

Dutch (Netherlands) Police

French Police

German Police

Italian Police

Swiss Police

Austrian Police

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Some Brit girl screamed "OMG YOU CARRY A GUN!?!" when I was in uniform. I informed her that yes, in America police carry firearms, as does probably about 20% of the population around here. She may have pooped a little.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In 13 years of openly carrying a sidearm, and frequently a carbine  / shotgun as a uniformed officer in the UK the only comments I received were mild curiosity, except from those trying to avoid me..

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Perhaps they should consider allowing their citizens to arm and protect themselves
View Quote

It's not like it's hard to get firearms from former eastern bloc countries, even in the UK.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously delusional.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

In 13 years of openly carrying a sidearm, and frequently a carbine  / shotgun as a uniformed officer in the UK the only comments I received were mild curiosity, except from those trying to avoid me..

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check your IM inbox.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Alrighty then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alrighty then.

Not so much anymore. No UK Gov. or Police Chief wants to go down in history as being the one that routinely armed all officers. Also, just in the U.K., can you imagine the cost of equipping, training, and maintaining officers in a skillset that many of them don't want or will be unsuited to, that has a 50% or more failure rate amongst those that actually want to do it?

Far easier to pretend you are doing something,  and wait for the immediate problem to go away or become someone else's responsibility. So some people could get killed, still lots cheaper.....

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swede is not saying shotguns are not lethal in Europe.

He is saying they relegate shotguns to use as launchers for less lethal munitions.

Europeans choose SMGs and Assault Rifles as the preferred medicine for aspiring rappers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The majority of European LE is armed just like American LE. A Glock/Eig/HK/Walther/Beretta/S&W/FN made semiauto handgun in 9mm. One to two spare magazines, a pair of cuffs, spray/baton/taser, and a radio.

http://assets.personapaper.com/articleimages/12053-sweden-shooting-in-south-of-swedens-capital-killed-two-people-8SXzVAWtGkzW3l2/swedpolice.jpg

http://www.interpol.int/var/interpol/storage/images/media/images/member-countries/europe/sweden/sweden/no-caption/86818-1-eng-GB/no-caption_large.jpg;pvda0dc65863b52265

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64837000/jpg/_64837769_64837764.jpg

http://snigeldesign.se/assets/images/Environmental_pictures/EP-P-PEB__0002.jpg

Swedish Police

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/euobs-media/478c7c19ef10962cf9c6d851cc32075d.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-111213-belgium-grenade-jm-03.photoblog900.jpg

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article96850.ece/alternates/s615/image-14-for-editorial-pics-14-12-2011-gallery-212362150.jpg

Belgian Police

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/22/article-2017709-0D1EB1A700000578-907_634x525.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3034/2827793598_9563dafe85_z.jpg?zz=1

Norwegian Police

http://images.football365.com/13/11/800x600/CelticfansDutchpoliceNovember2013_3031410.jpg

http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/images/lead/2012/05/police.jpg

http://cucinatestarossa.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/police_nationale.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Gendarmes_501585_fh000019.jpg

French Police

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx283/Dackelone/Oktoberfest%20%202010/IMG_2553.jpg

http://universityofguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/polizist-mit-pistole-1klein.jpg

German Police

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/30/article-1392529-0C56E23B00000578-15_634x769.jpg

http://johnnyjet.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Venice-Italy-July-2012-081.jpg

Italian Police

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/13626485.jpg

http://www.swissinfo.ch/blob/3920152/ee0d46c9872506357bc3fcdc9205a674/sriimg20040526-4959748-0-data.jpg

http://www.bugbitten.com/images/d2319feb7864f7123a48f0ce98e09936/Easter_in_Switzerland-47397/Easter_in_Switzerland-1895177.jpg

Swiss Police

http://www.miliwoman.com/albums/Austria/Police/military_woman_austria_police_000040.jpg

http://www.miliwoman.com/albums/Austria/Police/military_woman_austria_police_000005.jpg

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980w/public/2013/09/18/austria1.jpg?itok=gcFal5Y4

Austrian Police

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then.

http://assets.personapaper.com/articleimages/12053-sweden-shooting-in-south-of-swedens-capital-killed-two-people-8SXzVAWtGkzW3l2/swedpolice.jpg

http://www.interpol.int/var/interpol/storage/images/media/images/member-countries/europe/sweden/sweden/no-caption/86818-1-eng-GB/no-caption_large.jpg;pvda0dc65863b52265

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64837000/jpg/_64837769_64837764.jpg

http://snigeldesign.se/assets/images/Environmental_pictures/EP-P-PEB__0002.jpg

Swedish Police

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/euobs-media/478c7c19ef10962cf9c6d851cc32075d.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-111213-belgium-grenade-jm-03.photoblog900.jpg

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article96850.ece/alternates/s615/image-14-for-editorial-pics-14-12-2011-gallery-212362150.jpg

Belgian Police

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/22/article-2017709-0D1EB1A700000578-907_634x525.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3034/2827793598_9563dafe85_z.jpg?zz=1

Norwegian Police

http://images.football365.com/13/11/800x600/CelticfansDutchpoliceNovember2013_3031410.jpg

http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/images/lead/2012/05/police.jpg

http://cucinatestarossa.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/police_nationale.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Gendarmes_501585_fh000019.jpg

French Police

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx283/Dackelone/Oktoberfest%20%202010/IMG_2553.jpg

http://universityofguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/polizist-mit-pistole-1klein.jpg

German Police

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/30/article-1392529-0C56E23B00000578-15_634x769.jpg

http://johnnyjet.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Venice-Italy-July-2012-081.jpg

Italian Police

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/13626485.jpg

http://www.swissinfo.ch/blob/3920152/ee0d46c9872506357bc3fcdc9205a674/sriimg20040526-4959748-0-data.jpg

http://www.bugbitten.com/images/d2319feb7864f7123a48f0ce98e09936/Easter_in_Switzerland-47397/Easter_in_Switzerland-1895177.jpg

Swiss Police

http://www.miliwoman.com/albums/Austria/Police/military_woman_austria_police_000040.jpg

http://www.miliwoman.com/albums/Austria/Police/military_woman_austria_police_000005.jpg

http://www.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/980w/public/2013/09/18/austria1.jpg?itok=gcFal5Y4

Austrian Police

I'm aware of how Euro cops are- multiple trips to multiple countries there. I wasn't under the GD impression that Euro cops have just a radio a funny hat. I guess my point is, what else are they needing? They've got everything they need, just need to deploy it more evenly and stop being socially timid about doing it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#45]
This thread is confusing; am I supposed to be for or against the militarization of police?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This thread is confusing; am I supposed to be for or against the militarization of police?
View Quote

As far as gear is concerned, all for it.

Police malfeasance is a software, not a hardware problem.  Your rights can be shat upon just as easily with a stout baton as an MRAP.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are we to understand that the average ARFCOMMER is more heavily armed than Euro police? Who knew?!
View Quote

Nope, the average ARFcommer lost their guns in a boating accident, or they think guns are icky.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Police malfeasance is a software, not a hardware problem.  Your rights can be shat upon just as easily with a stout baton as an MRAP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's crazy talk.

Everyone knows that having a gun makes everyone more violent.

Why, if the cops at UC Davis would have had guns, all those dirty hippies peaceful culture warriors would have been shot!

What we really need to do is ban terrorists from having guns (while totally respecting their culture and rights).  That way, they'll give up on shooting people and use bombs reasoned dialog to secure more educational and economic opportunities for their communities!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
You are against militarisation of the Police.

You accept that Police need appropriate equipment to counter the threat, including if that threat is military grade weaponry.

You approve of increasing numbers of ex-military personnel becoming Police Officers.

You accept that in some situations, Police may need to use military based tactics.

You accept that where the Police and military work together on joint domestic operations it makes sense to have compatible weapons and tactics.

You accept that a lot of military based equipment, LBE, armour, even some vehicles cam have LE applications.

Hope that helps...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Officers at the Charlie Hebdo shooting were armed. The Female officer was unarmed and was executed the next day.  

The officers retreated to cover. It is called a tactical withdrawl. Even the military preaches that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am being sarcastic about the completely  shit coverage of an event, and more than a few posts here. Unarmed, cops who thought that would be smart.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top