BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you're getting a light, might I recommend the TLR-7 Sub 1913, and get the replacement key from Tactical Development that lets it mount closer to the trigger guard.  Most of the "good" holsters for the X-Macro are setup for the 1913 Sub.
View Quote

I just used the #4 key and tightened it down. No movement so far.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's the one I ordered. What's the replacement key all about? Got a link?

-ZA
View Quote

It sits the TLR-7 SUB 1913 closer to the trigger guard than the one included with the Streamlight itself.

Here's the link, but be careful, the key is only $7.00, but there's a pretty deep rabbit hole on that site.  :)

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mischief Machine aluminum X-Macro Commander grip module arrived yesterday.  I'm very, VERY (did I mention VERY) happy with this module so far.  Build is flawless, fits great, points naturally, looks awesome.

https://imgur.com/ntzstxP.jpg

https://imgur.com/BcnZ3Io.jpg

It also shipped with a palm swell backstrap, but since the grip is thicker on the sides than a stock X-Macro, I prefer the flush backstrap, gives me about the same trigger placement.  They'll be rolling this style out for the XL size as well.
View Quote

Who makes the grip tape for the slide?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if there is an adapter plate to take RMSc (the macro footprint) to an aimpoint Acro?

I really like the EPS Carry I have on my macro. But I’d really like to put an Acro on a Macro
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who makes the grip tape for the slide?
View Quote

Talon.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
This damn thing shoots far better than I could want it to. My wife loves it too. I did install a key from the TLR made by Tactical Development. Made the light fit perfectly.

IMG_8033 by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're getting a light, might I recommend the TLR-7 Sub 1913, and get the replacement key from Tactical Development that lets it mount closer to the trigger guard.  Most of the "good" holsters for the X-Macro are setup for the 1913 Sub.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I used the key that came with the light and it works ok (not loose) but I wouldn't mind it being tucked back a little more...

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Photo above yours is an excellent example of the TD key.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my TL7 sub in and just used the key that got it tightest to the trigger guard. It's fine as is currently. I also got the EPS Carry installed and had to use the adapter plate b/c of the screw situation. I'm going to leave it as is for a while. If I feel like I'd like it directly mounted into the slide, I'll opt for the aftermarket screws or call holosun and bitch!

I do need more mags though.

-ZA
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got my TL7 sub in and just used the key that got it tightest to the trigger guard. It's fine as is currently. I also got the EPS Carry installed and had to use the adapter plate b/c of the screw situation. I'm going to leave it as is for a while. If I feel like I'd like it directly mounted into the slide, I'll opt for the aftermarket screws or call holosun and bitch!

I do need more mags though.

-ZA
View Quote

QVO Tactical sells EPS screws for the P365, and there's also screws that work just fine in the $20 Swampfox Ultimate Red Dot Screw Pack.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Just curious, will a X300U-B fit on the XMacro grip module?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just tried mine on my macro grip module, no go.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

What was the issue?  Would the insert not reach the first picatinny slot?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, it was just short.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Correct, it was just short.
View Quote

I have one of the older X300Us that has the plastic insert that can be removed from the middle of the switches.  I wonder if that would give enough room for it to fit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked up a P365-XMacro RomeoZero Elite today, can't wait to run it through its paces...

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I also got the EPS Carry installed and had to use the adapter plate b/c of the screw situation.
View Quote

I just direct mounted mine, McMaster-Carr part number 94414A714 is the screws you need.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I was able to direct mount my EPS Carry to the X-Macro with the screws the optic came with.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Is anyone making a aftermarket ported slide that will allow a full length barrel and not restricted to a 3.1 barrel? I’d love to build a custom macro after playing with one the other day but I’d like to use an actual ported barrel not just the 3.1 with a comped slide.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tactical Development makes a key for the X300U-B and their Picatinny adapter rail for the P365XL. Presumably that would work with the Macro rail, but I’m not sure if the TD adapter rail has the slots in the same locations as the Macro rail, so it might position the light a little differently.

The X300U looks a little crazy on the XL:

TD-SF1 A SUREFIRE X300 KEY FOR P356 XL
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Tactical Development makes a key for the X300U-B and their Picatinny adapter rail for the P365XL. Presumably that would work with the Macro rail, but I’m not sure if the TD adapter rail has the slots in the same locations as the Macro rail, so it might position the light a little differently.

The X300U looks a little crazy on the XL:

View Quote

I emailed them to see if they had done any testing with this key and the Macro.  I haven't received a response yet.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was able to direct mount my EPS Carry to the X-Macro with the screws the optic came with.
View Quote

They changed the length of the shoulder on the M3 screw that comes with the EPS Carry at some point to be longer. Mine definitely bottoms out on the shoulder before it’s fully tight without the spacer plate.

I got mine from a recent batch that just came in stock, is yours older?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:54:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is anyone making a aftermarket ported slide that will allow a full length barrel and not restricted to a 3.1 barrel? I’d love to build a custom macro after playing with one the other day but I’d like to use an actual ported barrel not just the 3.1 with a comped slide.
View Quote

Fdez Werx makes a ported slide that takes the XL's 3.7" barrel.  Not quite what you're asking for since it's now about a 4" slide.

But by all accounts it works at least as well as the X-Macro slide.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:56:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The X300U looks a little crazy really fucking stupid on the XL:

View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fdez Werx makes a ported slide that takes the XL's 3.7" barrel.  Not quite what you're asking for since it's now about a 4" slide.

https://imgur.com/Zbnosv9.jpg

https://imgur.com/NOsqXvL.jpg

But by all accounts it works at least as well as the X-Macro slide.
View Quote

Yea I was already shopping their site. The macro slide specifically says it won’t fit longer than a 3.1 barrel. I might have to pick up a non ported slide and have it custom cut if I wanted to see the project through.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Photo above yours is an excellent example of the TD key.
View Quote

its fixed now

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Shall tec also makes some xxl slides.  I was looking at their non ported slide an 4.1 inch barrel.  
https://shalotek.com/armory/sig-sauer/sig-sauer-slides/sig-sauer-p365xxl-slides/
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Pretty sure those are the same slides FEDZ is selling.  They look nearly identical other than the engraving.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Got a couple X-Macro aluminum base plates from Tactical Development, fills in that gap at the end of the mag.  Works with the stock X-Macro grip module, and with the MM Commander...both look and feel best with the large backstrap, as it just flows into the rear of the mag base.  FYI, they won't work with a magwell, he sells another version for that.

Bonus points, the only polymer left on the gun is the switch module on the Streamlight, the G10 grip panels, and the striker sleeve.  I don't hate polymer, mind you, but there's something to be said for an all-metal handgun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Isn’t the mag release held in place with a plastic piece?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Isn’t the mag release held in place with a plastic piece?
View Quote

Damn, forgot about that little thing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#32]
One range trip so far with the gas pedal, and it helped. Looking forward to more. Modifying the holster for this type was much more involved than on my P320.

Just changed out the trigger for a M*Carbo and spring kit. Feels much better than the factory trigger.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I get the whole gas pedal concept, I really do.  And I really like TD as a company.  

But unless it's something a bit more discrete like the Armory Craft sport takedown levers for the P320, I really hate how they look, and for sure hate holster issues.

And frankly, I get good downward thumb pressure on my X-Macro off the TLR-7 (with the low switches) or even off the inset part of the 1913 rail if I don't run a light, good enough that I don't feel the need to add a plastic tumor on the gun.  :)
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 3:35:16 AM EDT
[#34]
After deciding on a new carry gun and shooting several I decided on the Macro. This thread is going to cost me some money. Most of my questions have been answered as well already. My only debate currently is get the Macro, or wait until the Tac Ops is available. It's not even up on most websites yet. @provenarmsandoutfitters, any idea when you guys might get these in?
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
After deciding on a new carry gun and shooting several I decided on the Macro. This thread is going to cost me some money. Most of my questions have been answered as well already. My only debate currently is get the Macro, or wait until the Tac Ops is available. It's not even up on most websites yet. @provenarmsandoutfitters, any idea when you guys might get these in?
View Quote

Last one left, here. OCG is gtg

@bigbryce31186
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#36]
TacOps available now at online retailers:

https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-xmacro-tacops-9mm-3-7-barrel-17-rounds.html

https://www.gunbuyer.com/sig-sauer-p365-xmacro-tacops-compact-9mm-17-1-3-10.html

https://www.smga.com/sig-sauer/p365-9mm-37bl-or-tacops-blk-xray-3-417rd-68392
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Last one left, here. OCG is gtg

@bigbryce31186
View Quote

It was gone by noon when I checked. Someone from this thread stole it from me lol.

Quoted:
TacOps available now at online retailers:

https://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-xmacro-tacops-9mm-3-7-barrel-17-rounds.html

https://www.gunbuyer.com/sig-sauer-p365-xmacro-tacops-compact-9mm-17-1-3-10.html

https://www.smga.com/sig-sauer/p365-9mm-37bl-or-tacops-blk-xray-3-417rd-68392
View Quote

Brave search sucks. None of these came up for me. Thanks yall.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Double tab
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I just picked up my XMACRO TACOPS yesterday, and really like how it feels. Now I need to find a holster. Will the TACOPS fit in a regular XMACRO holster? Or does the different front sight location make it not fit?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#40]
The tac ops will fit in any holster a macro will. Werkz makes a cheap but good one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:06:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I just scored a TAC OPS Macro on Monday.

They had just put it out earlier in the day.....

Only one they had......

Now.....What Slide? What Grip Module? What Optic???

Only more money.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:41:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Only one they had......

Only more money.....
View Quote

Stock, stock and EPS Carry?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one they had......

Only more money.....

Attachment Attached File

Stock XL slide is just fine.  Stock Macro grip module is more than fine.  EPS is the way.

That said, you might want to pick up an XL or WC XL grip module and a 12rd mag if you want to be able to downsize for some reason, and I highly recommend the Mischief Machine grip modules if you want metal.  By all accounts the Icarus modules are good too, if you can stand the cancerous, bulbous look of the things.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Macro w/EPS Carry/TLR7 Sub. Holster is GBRS made specifically for the Macro w/Sub.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#45]
I am a fan for sure.

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I would like a longer slide that goes a bit pat the end of the light.   I know there are aftermarket ones, but I am betting Sig has one or two up their sleeve.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would like a longer slide that goes a bit pat the end of the light.   I know there are aftermarket ones, but I am betting Sig has one or two up their sleeve.
View Quote

I've heard other people say that. Is there any advantage to having the slide stick out past the light or is just for aesthetics?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#48]
If the light is slightly proud of the muzzle you would have the advantage of not pushing the slide out of battery from contact shooting. What are the odds of needing to do that? I don't know
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#49]
If you want a light flush with the slide or shorter, you can always run an Olight :)

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Ordered my Tacops today. I'm new to my area, and thought I would try the FFL down the street. He said it's not in stock and he's not able to place a back order, so we'll see how long it takes.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top