Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Battlewerx is lower.
View Quote
Always has been

I'm officially AIWB now boys!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/I-did-something-gross-Red-Dot-on-a-G43-/5-2480690/

Put a deltapoint micro on my G43, come make fun of how stupid it looks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:34:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hydra-shokz] [#3]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Always has been

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/F1547429-461E-4C2F-9C40-79FD9AE56CD9_jpe-2060816.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Always has been

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/F1547429-461E-4C2F-9C40-79FD9AE56CD9_jpe-2060816.JPG
View Quote

What holster?
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
JM custom kydex
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
JM custom kydex
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Somebody that’s more knowledgeable than I am …

If I have my Slide milled for a Holosun (that I already have), can I mount a Trijicon RMR or SRO?  With an adapter?

Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:

If I have my Slide milled for a Holosun (that I already have), can I mount a Trijicon RMR or SRO?  With an adapter?

View Quote

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm not mistaken the Holosun 407C & 507C mounts on the RMR pattern.  Shouldn't need an adapter if you decide to upgrade later.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:

View Quote

The mounting footprint is the same in the RMR/SRO & 507/407.  However, most places that mill will ask you whether ryou're mounting a Trijicon or Holosun product because the screw length will be different.  They may provide you different screws based on which optic you're running.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rush4theYehO:

The mounting footprint is the same in the RMR/SRO & 507/407.  However, most places that mill will ask you whether ryou're mounting a Trijicon or Holosun product because the screw length will be different.  They may provide you different screws based on which optic you're running.
View Quote

Thanks, that makes my decision easier.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my slide back from Battlewerx today.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't even use the RMR on my Hellcat when I go to the range

I really should start trying to shoot w/the RMR, though
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/I-did-something-gross-Red-Dot-on-a-G43-/5-2480690/

View Quote

Terrible
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

Terrible
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Originally Posted By Mister_H:

Terrible

It’s actually pretty good.

It looks very ugly though and adds ~ 3/4” to the rear of the gun.

Closed diode that doesn’t fog up or fill with sweat, integrated back up rear sights, easy battery access.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#17]
What's this?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Looks like it's a newish Carry Optics rig for me.  I've been shooting a 2011 in Limited but the front sight is a fuzzy memory so I re-purposed my old G17 I used to run in Production.  I now have an optic worth more than the gun.

Attachment Attached File

Of course I had to buy a new belt rig.  I had a hell of a time finding a holster to accommodate the light.  The DSG holster I settled on seems like it will work well.

Attachment Attached File

I did some dry fire this morning and my index is right on with the dot.  Maybe the large window of the SRO makes it easier.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#19]
With a reticle that small, what is the purpose of the dot inside the circle? It makes sense on an Eotech on a rifle, but I don't see the benefit here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
With a reticle that small, what is the purpose of the dot inside the circle? It makes sense on an Eotech on a rifle, but I don't see the benefit here.
View Quote

The dot is used to hit the little pieces of tile…. Duh
Cp
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I was wonder the same thing. I'm a dedicated EOTech fan with five of them on rifles. I always though that style of reticle would be too cluttered on a tiny handgun optic and that photo seems to confirm my suspicions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Originally Posted By eaglecp:

The dot is used to hit the little pieces of tile…. Duh
Cp
View Quote

Originally Posted By triburst1:

I was wonder the same thing. I'm a dedicated EOTech fan with five of them on rifles. I always though that style of reticle would be too cluttered on a tiny handgun optic and that photo seems to confirm my suspicions.
View Quote

I had to hold the camera close to the dot, which makes it look much smaller. The center is 2 MOA and the circle is 32 MOA, so when I'm holding it at arms length it looks much bigger. I got the 507 for the option of the bigger dot since I was new to red dots. I like it. It grabs my attention and at 25 yards the circle looks to be ~8". So basically the head size or vitals. As soon as the circle crosses into the target I know I can make a good enough hit, and can use the 2MOA to be very specific.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#23]
It looks like the majority of people putting dots on pistols still retain irons.

Do any of you trust your pistol optics enough to forgo irons?

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By spork:
It looks like the majority of people putting dots on pistols still retain irons.

View Quote
No aiming system is 100%. I have seen iron sights come off during matches or drift when they took a hard impact.

I trust them both 99% so I like having redundancy For a defensive pistol.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#25]

View Quote

Aside from bolt actions with large scopes and no provision to mount them, I don't have any rifles with optics and no irons either. No reason not to have both.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
I haven't found a good set of taller sights for the VP9 so for me, yes, forgoing irons.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I think the type 2 RMRs are gtg, I kept the irons to use as a crutch for the times that I don’t find the dot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I've seen red dots and irons go down in matches. I've been shooting (red FO front sight) and going for a second shot on target and see no red because my FO was gone.

there's almost no penalty for keeping irons, and you get redundancy. Even with the dot off the front sight works like you would see it through a big ghost rear for "good enough" accuracy.

the 507k has a rear sight milled in to the ass end of the sight. That way you don't need to use a rear at all and you have built in backups.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah.  I'd really like to have both.

The problem is that it's my USP 9 that I'm trying to upgrade so my options are very limited.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:18:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#30]
Got a Glock 19C incoming. Brand new. Debating if I should send it out for milling or not and if I do, do I go irons or optic forward?  Delete rear sight altogether?

Could make a great carry gun; flat shooting without holster complications from the extra comp length.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 4:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Landric] [#31]
Yeah.  I'd really like to have both.

The problem is that it's my USP 9 that I'm trying to upgrade so my options are very limited.
View Quote

Right there with you. I have a spare complete upper for my USP45 that I am going to get cut for an optic. I have had zero luck finding iron sights that will co-witness.

Generally speaking I prefer to have both dot and irons on any serious gun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:
Got a Glock 19C incoming. Brand new. Debating if I should send it out for milling or not and if I do, do I go irons or optic forward?  Delete rear sight altogether?

Could make a great carry gun; flat shooting without holster complications from the extra comp length.
View Quote
The window on my Glock 17 gets fouled up pretty quickly while shooting. I can't help but wonder if a C Glock would be worse.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#33]
The window on my Glock 17 gets fouled up pretty quickly while shooting. I can't help but wonder if a C Glock would be worse.
View Quote
Solution:  irons in front of optic
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Solution:  irons in front of optic
View Quote
They're only a fraction of the size of the window.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#35]
1) It puts the optic window as far back as possible from the ejection port
2) The rear irons occlude the glass from crud coming out of the barrel as it unlocks.  It doesn't have to be big (the irons), it just has to work.

ETA:  Actually my thread on irons placement got archived, I'm going to post it here and link to it in the OP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#36]
Rear Irons Placement - Why I think you should mill your rear irons in front of your red dot

This question seems to come up a lot. This is why I think you should put Irons in front of your RMR (in order of priority to me):

- Puts the RMR further away from the ejection port and RMR window is also partially eclipsed by the rear sight, both of which result in elimination of carbon and lube buildup on the glass. After hundreds of rounds my RMR window is still minty fresh instead of carbon frosted like my buddies gun (m&p). This can be more or less of an issue depending on how dirty or clean the ammo you shoot is

- RMR further back means I didn't have to cut or re-purchase any new holsters to fit the RMR. Given I have about $300 dollars in Glock 19 holsters, this was a good thing

- The RMR window isn't very big, and having the irons to the rear eats up some of the bottom of the window. At least with irons in front, the dot can be superimposed so the full window is usable

- While I dont beat up my RMR, irons forward provide some protection to the optic body if you cycle the gun off a hard surface

- At least with Glocks, you can mill slightly deeper, putting the dot a smidge lower.

As far as the reduced sight radius, I can still shoot head shots at 25 Y on IPSC target, so I don't find that to be an issue.

The only real downside is that you're committing to keep an optic on as it would look funny with only a cover plate on
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#37]
1) It puts the optic window as far back as possible from the ejection port
2) The rear irons occlude the glass from crud coming out of the barrel as it unlocks.  It doesn't have to be big (the irons), it just has to work.

ETA:  Actually my thread on irons placement got archived, I'm going to post it here and link to it in the OP.
View Quote
My post was in regards to the fouling coming out of the two large ports in the barrel and slide on a C Glock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#38]
My post was in regards to the fouling coming out of the two large ports in the barrel and slide on a C Glock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#39]
They're only a fraction of the size of the window.
View Quote

With the irons in front of the optic you can see the entire window. The only part the sights cover is in front of the window which isn't necessary anyway, sort of how occluded red dots work.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Rear Irons Placement - Why I think you should mill your rear irons in front of your red dot

This question seems to come up a lot. This is why I think you should put Irons in front of your RMR (in order of priority to me):

- Puts the RMR further away from the ejection port and RMR window is partially eclipsed by the rear sight, both of which result in elimination of carbon and lube buildup on the glass. After hundreds of rounds my RMR window is still minty fresh instead of carbon frosted like my buddies gun (m&p). This can be more or less of an issue depending on how dirty or clean the ammo you shoot is

- RMR further back means I didn't have to cut or re-purchase any new holsters to fit the RMR. Given I have about $300 dollars in Glock 19 holsters, this was a good thing

- The RMR window isn't very big, and having the irons to the rear eats up some of the bottom of the window. At least with irons in front, the dot can be superimposed so the full window is usable

- While I dont beat up my RMR, irons forward provide some protection to the optic body if you cycle the gun off a hard surface

- At least with Glocks, you can mill slightly deeper, putting the dot a smidge lower.

As far as the reduced sight radius, I can still shoot head shots at 25 Y on IPSC target, so I don't find that to be an issue.

The only real downside is that you're committing to keep an optic on as it would look funny with only a cover plate on
View Quote
I prefer rear iron sight forward.  40% of Glock slides RMR-cut by JagerWerks are rear iron sight forward (June 2020).  Primary Machine is 50%.  However, it should be noted that a Trijicon SRO likely won't be compatible with rear iron sight forward.

I'd also add,
  • Iron sights serve no purpose with an MRDS except in the highly unlikely event your $450 Trijicon RMR fails.
  • You want to minimize the likelihood of your eyes being drawn to the iron sights.

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Got 500 in today. Fun shooting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#43]

That looks nice. Wish it had the 250 trigger. Needs a light too

I know I'm the odd man out on this one
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

https://i.ibb.co/S06s102/rmrcc01.jpg
View Quote
I'm thinking about buying another 43X and sending the slide to Battlewerx.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm thinking about buying another 43X and sending the slide to Battlewerx.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2261/Amglo_408_JPG-2092176.JPG
View Quote

I'm probably going to get another one as well. Might get a MOS as well since I really want the frame for a SF XSC. Maybe a 48.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Dang boys those milled 43x look legit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Dang boys those milled 43x look legit.
View Quote

What I was going to say…
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Something very simple

Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top