BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bronies > furries

I can't tell if that's an insult or a compliment.

Men who watch My Little Pony = Furries.

Not at all.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So one is less creepy than the other?
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

slightly, but I like to think that between bronies and furries the difference is in the quality of creepy.

One group dresses up in fursuits and is comprised of socially awkward adults.

Bronies on the other hand, well, it could be the regular dude next door and then Bam! one day you look outside and he's ready to love and tolerate the crap out of you.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
if I understand correctly:

Bronies would be happy being your friend; furries want to fuck you while you wear a fox suit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

slightly, but I like to think that between bronies and furries the difference is in the quality of creepy.

One group dresses up in fursuits and is comprised of socially awkward adults.

Bronies on the other hand, well, it could be the regular dude next door and then Bam! one day you look outside and he's ready to love and tolerate the crap out of you.

It's always strange, breaking out in laughter when you're sitting alone...
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bronies would be happy being your friend; furries want to fuck you while you wear a fox suit.

Posted Via

AR15.Com Mobile

Negative, ghost rider.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posted Via

AR15.Com Mobile

Negative, ghost rider.

Where did I go wrong?

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bronies > furries

Wrong.

Quoted:
Just watched Sonic Rainboom. Doubt I'll be watching more.

Definitely give you credit for giving it a shot though.

Quoted:

I knew that a lot of the PPG staff was involved with this show - that's why I was willing to watch.

I've watched 4 episodes now - swarm of the century, sonic rainboom, the one with the Phoenix, and one with their back stories.

It's a well made show. The humor is good.

Excellent.

I actually had no idea about the PPG connection until I started watching it with our daughter.  During that first episode I definitely picked on the similarities though and did some investigating.  I remember saying to Mrs FishKepr, "Wow, this is more like Puffs than MLP."
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

why is it that only the gayest 4chan shit gets posted over here.

seriously fuck you op

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Shit like this is why there are so many virgins on this site.

Well I'm not one of them. I have a three year old as proof.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Shit like this is why there are so many virgins on this site.

Well I'm not one of them. I have a three year old as proof.

I don't care how many children you've abducted, weirdo!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does this thread make much more sense when photobucket and youtube aren't blocked?

It makes more sense, but it becomes much more frightening. I would like to add that I not not a fan of this show. I'm just in here because I am amused and disturbed by the Brony lifestyle choice. Not that there is anything wrong with it. If these guys want to be Bronys more power to them.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess I should be in here.
While I resist calling myself a brony, I do enjoy the show.    And what, exactly, is wrong with watching something you actually like to watch?

If it makes you feel any better,  last week I got to spend a little time shooting with the Sheriff of the county I live in.  He's agreed to sign off on my Form 4 for the suppressor for my Mk 12 Mod 1.   All I have to do is bring him the form.   Assuming I pass the background checks, which will pose no problem.  (Being a brony is not YET a disqualification for owning NFA items. )

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does this thread make much more sense when photobucket and youtube aren't blocked?

It makes more sense, but it becomes much more frightening. I would like to add that I not not a fan of this show. I'm just in here because I am amused and disturbed by the Brony lifestyle choice. Not that there is anything wrong with it. If these guys want to be Bronys more power to them.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/blackfire82/pony-curious.png

Ah HA!!! Double negative! The unconscious mind!
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bronies > furries

No, furries enjoy dressing up in fur suits and yiffing. I have no desire to do that.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Relax. Someone who enjoys Cowboy Bebop as much as I do has no cause to throw stones.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stopping by since my soul has been lost already. (shrugs)

Yes, Sonic Rainboom is a good one, on tomorrow morning actually.

Quoted:

That's a llama not a pony you silly filly.

Llamas can go to hell.

What round for llama?
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Relax. Someone who enjoys Cowboy Bebop as much as I do has no cause to throw stones.

I admit to loving Cowboy Bebop.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I admit to loving Cowboy Bebop.

Hell, you ought to. You look like Spike.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]
The best part of threads like this is simply driving the intolerant people (who literally have no clue what they're talking about or missing) right up the wall, across the ceiling, and back down the other wall.    We ENJOY it.

Never try to wrestle a pig in the mud.  The pig LIKES IT.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Bronies > furries

No, furries enjoy dressing up in fur suits and yiffing. I have no desire to do that.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#25]
The two different phenomena are not necessarily connected.     Occasionally someone mixes both...and yes, that's pretty damned fucked up.

But don't think that fans of the show are usually going to be furries.    They're the exception rather than the rule.
I'll just leave this here.  It's very fucked up,  very wrong,  and will not be understood by those who don't have some history with the show.

Those people are likely to choke on their snacks at some point so please do NOT read this while eating or drinking.  You HAVE been duly warned.   It does get hysterically funny in a few spots.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QCMzp8HmT3F1zjs1TQV5AdmPdB3INWDbf7tlQB6xDp0/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The two different phenomena are not necessarily connected.     Occasionally someone mixes both...and yes, that's pretty damned fucked up.

But don't think that fans of the show are usually going to be furries.    They're the exception rather than the rule.

I'll just leave this here.  It's very fucked up,  very wrong,  and will not be understood by those who don't have some history with the show.
Those people are likely to choke on their snacks at some point so please do NOT read this while eating or drinking.  You HAVE been duly warned.   It does get hysterically funny in a few spots.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QCMzp8HmT3F1zjs1TQV5AdmPdB3INWDbf7tlQB6xDp0/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Semi-related:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/02/story-cupcakes.html
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html (Several thousand pages of fallout/MLP fan fiction )
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bronies > furries

http://img.ponibooru.org/images/6e/6e619cb5b8dbed9485861982b9164193

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/e510927fe1a9b5238f75373d5ecb3f61/27458%20-%20applejack%20comment_argue%20conga%20cosplay%20fursuit%20rainbow_dash%20trolling.jpg

Doesn't mean we're all furries. Most of us aren't.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I know HALO players. Most of them are.

OK, bad example then.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think the author's warning at the bottom sums that story up pretty well. WARNING! This fanfic is ridiculously stupid. Side effects include but are not limited to; seizures, comas and hemorrhagic stroke.
That and to be honest, understanding the show and characters somehow makes the story even stranger.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the author's warning at the bottom sums that story up pretty well. WARNING! This fanfic is ridiculously stupid. Side effects include but are not limited to; seizures, comas and hemorrhagic stroke.
That and to be honest, understanding the show and characters somehow makes the story even stranger.

The thing about BP being a drunk is pretty funny though...
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Bronies LOL

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#35]
We've made the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203707504577012141105109140.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopCarousel_1#

Apparently,  the people at Hasbro are in denial about all this.   But they'll wake up eventually.   When a hand made, dead nuts accurate,

fully detailed one-off plushie sells for 2475 bucks on ebay,   it's just a matter of time.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
  When a hand made, dead nuts accurate, fully detailed one-off plushie sells for 2475 bucks on ebay,   it's just a matter of time.  

Dude, you should not use the word "nuts" and "plushie" in the same sentence...

Also, how do even have the knowledge about My Little Pony dolls being sold on Ebay?

That's a little frightening.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QEod3ckcQ4Y/TkpKttrJB5I/AAAAAAAAGzo/B8PYotwScpM/s400/What+the+fuck+am+I+reading.jpg

Semi-related:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/02/story-cupcakes.html
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html (Several thousand pages of fallout/MLP fan fiction )

Cupcakes is so disturbing it caused 4chan to write alternate endings to it.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:48:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When a hand made, dead nuts accurate, fully detailed one-off plushie sells for 2475 bucks on ebay,   it's just a matter of time.  

Also, how do even have the knowledge about My Little Pony dolls being sold on Ebay?

The item in question:

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
If I had the mad skills required to do that kind of work with a sewing machine, and the eye for that kind of work,  I'd be making things like that

and bringing in enough extra money by doing it that I'd be buying a couple of extra rifles per month...and never running out of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:38:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Many of us are hanging out in the pretty large pony thread in Team.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The item in question:

http://members.shaw.ca/babylondonstar/fluttershy.jpg

But dude, how do you know about that?

It's not in Ebay completed listings.  

Is there some Brony forum or something?
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Will some pony recommend a good episode to watch?
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The item in question:

http://members.shaw.ca/babylondonstar/fluttershy.jpg

But dude, how do you know about that?

It's not in Ebay completed listings.  

Is there some Brony forum or something?

It WAS in ebay completed listings.  Search "fluttershy" and highest sell price first.

I learned of it via the topic in the team forum.

There are several MLP-specific forums and fansites.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#46]
ok spent most of last night downloading season 1.

going to try and watch it is evening, between BF3 matches.

i loved PPG so if its that good.. we will see..
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I am reasonably confident that you're going to enjoy the show.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We've made the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203707504577012141105109140.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopCarousel_1#

Apparently,  the people at Hasbro are in denial about all this.   But they'll wake up eventually.   When a hand made, dead nuts accurate,

fully detailed one-off plushie sells for 2475 bucks on ebay,   it's just a matter of time.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am reasonably confident that you're going to enjoy the show.  

so when are we going to see MLP engraved lowers?
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It WAS in ebay completed listings.  Search "fluttershy" and highest sell price first.

I learned of it via the topic in the team forum.

There are several MLP-specific forums and fansites.

CJ

Of course, I should have searched "fluttershy".  

I was using terms like "My little pony plush".   Silly me.

I was just curious how you knew about it.  I've learned things in certain Team threads where I wish I hadn't.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top