Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I could make a injection molded brown turd with the magpul logo on it, label it as some tactical toilet cleaner and someone would still attach it to a rifle.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I could make a injection molded brown turd with the magpul logo on it, label it as some tactical toilet cleaner and someone would still attach it to a rifle.  

If you can make it hold a flashlight.....I'll take two.  One for each side.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimmicky shit marketed in parallel with gimmicky training videos.

I did use a section of magpul rail to mount the light on my bolt gun

Any particular product you reference, other than the somewhat cheesy B.A.D. thing? Pretty much everything they make has notable utility, and is superior to the standard options.
Pmags. They all fail much sooner than USGI, with the exception of windowless black pmags. I'd say reliability wise those are equal. The Pmags also don't store as easily ind oubel pouches. A USGI mag can be used to clear an overbolt malfunction, but a pmag is too big. All the other color pmags the feedlips fail very quickly with use, but fail without warning like a metal mag will.

FAG grip is self straight out of dvd nonsense. Hold the gun.

BAD thing causes reliability concerns.

Their stocks are worthless to me. Sure, they "feel" better, but I don't really care what the gun feels like, I care about my performance with it.

MOE handguards are ok. You can also take USGI handguards and drill bolt holes in them for the same effect.

Plastic sights are plastic.

Some stuff isn't bad, I just don't know what is an improvement. The 5 slot rail I use on my bolt gun was the cheapest one I could get quickly, that might mean something.

You seem like a guy who wants to be different just to be different.

Some of your comments have merit, but I'd like to know your source on the red.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use a few of their products, but Ive been noticing more and more cookie-cutter Magpulfucked rifles. Almost seems like theyre trying to make a statement. Im not saying they make shitty gear (its quality for sure).

Im talking to you guys with Magpul and BCM Gunfighter stickers on your stocks.

I have a bcm gunfighter grip.

Do you have that sticker on your cheekweld adapter?

I mean, do you RUN a Gunfighter sticker?

I have one stuck to my workbench.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any particular product you reference, other than the somewhat cheesy B.A.D. thing? Pretty much everything they make has notable utility, and is superior to the standard options.
Pmags. They all fail much sooner than USGI, with the exception of windowless black pmags. I'd say reliability wise those are equal. The Pmags also don't store as easily ind oubel pouches. A USGI mag can be used to clear an overbolt malfunction, but a pmag is too big. All the other color pmags the feedlips fail very quickly with use, but fail without warning like a metal mag will.

Their stocks are worthless to me. Sure, they "feel" better, but I don't really care what the gun feels like, I care about my performance with it.

MOE handguards are ok. You can also take USGI handguards and drill bolt holes in them for the same effect.

Some stuff isn't bad, I just don't know what is an improvement. The 5 slot rail I use on my bolt gun was the cheapest one I could get quickly, that might mean something.

It was advice I was given in a few classes that used to be held in NC. I don't want to start a he said/she said war.

It was a bold statement, so I took my green window pmag I had loaded in the home defense carbine. It split somewhere between 420 and 450 rounds (15th mag). Loaded with stripper clips. My sample size is 1 so take that for what its worth. I have no problems trusting the black mags or unused pmags for a short while. I also don't see any improvement over USGI at the cost of some features.

ETA: We can't forget that mags are expendable. If it stops working, throw it into the berm and get another. They don't last forever and we shouldn't force them to.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Anytime someone says they "run" something in reference to a rifle, I somehow dont hear anything they say after that!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#7]
the Pmag is excellent, but the lanceer advanced war fighter may edge it out.

the stocks like the CTR and PRS are very nice.  some of the other stuff is  good stuff

the MOE line is  getting pretty close to tapco  and is sold just for people to  have something to buy as an "upgrade"  or to through onto a rifle to sell as a supposed upgrade to make it more attractive to people who dont know what they want yet.    

the MBUS  sights fuckin suck   and the  AFG is  really not worth it'  I tihnk its pretty stupid personally
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
You know, I've never had a problem with A2 grips, M4 stocks or handguards. I must not be special
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't understand the Magpul hate. I think it has more to do with people feeling that Magpul is so passe and beneath them. It's not really the quality (or supposed lack there of) of the gear that makes people dislike them. Gun owners can be very emotional people.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

the stocks like the CTR and PRS are very nice.  some of the other stuff is  good stuff

the MOE line is  getting pretty close to tapco  and is sold just for people to  have something to buy as an "upgrade"  or to through onto a rifle to sell as a supposed upgrade to make it more attractive to people who dont know what they want yet.    

the MBUS  sights fuckin suck   and the  AFG is  really not worth it'  I tihnk its pretty stupid personally

All my work magazines are PMags. I have TangoDowns, Lancers, and Troys, like the black, windowless mags the best. My GI mags are all sitting in my safe.

I use the MBUS and the MOE Stock on my work gun. Those are the only other Magpul items I own, as far as I remember. I think the MBUS sights are great for what they are, backups. I have used them as primary sights in two rifle schools and several competitions, and they seem to work fine, even after bouncing around in a patrol car trunk or rifle rack. I dont know what else I could ask from them. The stock is OK, got it on a trade. I like it better than the OEM stock, but not sure I would spend the cash to buy one otherwise. I have used their handguards in the past, and they kick the shit out of M4 or Carbine handguards in every way for those who cannot or dont want to use a real rail system.

Magpul is the Apple of the gunworld. They make shit that works, and that has attracted a fanbase. Many folks think its cool to dislike what others like, just to be different.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It was advice I was given in a few classes that used to be held in NC. I don't want to start a he said/she said war.    

It was a bold statement, so I took my green window pmag I had loaded in the home defense carbine. It split somewhere between 420 and 450 rounds (15th mag). Loaded with stripper clips. My sample size is 1 so take that for what its worth. I have no problems trusting the black mags or unused pmags for a short while. I also don't see any improvement over USGI at the cost of some features.

ETA: We can't forget that mags are expendable. If it stops working, throw it into the berm and get another. They don't last forever and we shouldn't force them to.

Ah.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not at all.  They have become mainstream, thus haters gonna hate.  I have yet to attend a carbine course where the instructor ragged on a student for using magpul products.  I have seen instructors rag of UTG and tapco gear that showed up to class.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm surprised only one person has mentioned the ASAP plate and MS2 sling as being shitty products.

The ASAP is 30 bucks, comes with a cheesy little piece of plastic to "lock" it that does nothing to actually prevent the castle nut from rotating, and the plate itself is about a millimeter too tall to be able to stake into the slots in the castle nut.  And the MS2 sling is pretty much a dog collar in terms of material, comfort, and thickness, and the QD things on it just seem poorly designed and weak.

Just my opinion, FWIW, all that.  I've had great luck with their stocks and pmags.  The grips are "meh", I guess it comes down to personal preference.  I haven't tried the hand guards or sights.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, some of you guys are just like those douchebag hipsters who can't stand anything once it becomes popular.  5 years ago the haters were probably tripping over their dicks to get hold of anything Magpul.  I wouldn't  be surprised if a lot of them went through cases of Jergens and countless shemaghs looking at pics of of Chris Costa.  Now  that is is mainstream, the arfcom hipsters, are too cool for Magpul.  Fine by me, while I don't like everything they make, I think they make good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Alot of gear hipsters in this thread.

Magpul makes decent gear at decent prices.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damn, some of you guys are just like those douchebag hipsters who can't stand anything once it becomes popular.  5 years ago the haters were probably tripping over their dicks to get hold of anything Magpul.  I wouldn't  be surprised if a lot of them went through cases of Jergens and countless shemaghs looking at pics of of Chris Costa.  Now  that is is mainstream, the arfcom hipsters, are too cool for Magpul.  Fine by me, while I don't like everything they make, I think they make good stuff.

Kinda like the people on here who think every new guy is familiar
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not that I really care about what others do to their rifles and I will say that I use some of Magpul's products. But are more people just bolting on Magpul products just to look cool these days before even testing the functionality of the existing products on their AR's?

yes

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You sound just like the hipsters you speak of. Let me guess, you like the "irony" of Magpul products.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Love PMAGs and the ladder rail covers are nice although I can't stand the AFG.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
they put a bunch of magpul stuff on their rifles and it didnt make them shoot any better,now their pissed lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#22]
take a carry handle flip it upside down and put it on your forward rail....like some guy did here years ago before the magpul forward grip....and its basically the same idea

don't like many of their parts, but the pmags are gtg
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#23]
i am tier god

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound just like the hipsters you speak of. Let me guess, you like the "irony" of Magpul products.

Can you translate  your response?
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#25]
they make quality product. don't see what the problem is.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I use P-Mags, the MIAD pistol grip, and a CTR stock. The grip was more comfortable to me, same with the CTR (and I liked the ability to lock it when you adjust it), and the mags need no explanation.

I've got their vertical fore-grip too, but only because it was cheaper than anything else.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I dunno...the Magpul stuff I've seen is pretty good.    I remember when Magpul was just this:

But they did that right (I was a poor podiatry student and couldn't afford them anyway)...and pretty much every thing since then has been done right.    My boss loves his orange iphone cover from them....

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I love Magpul stuff.

That said, some of their stuff isn't my bag.  I don't like the ASAP plate - I much prefer the ikickhippies plate.  I don't like the AFG.  And I have no use for a BAD lever.

But their pistol grips, stocks, magazines, and foregrips?  Yeah, I use the shit out of that stuff.  It looks great, it works great, it's quality, and it's inexpensive.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#29]
contrarians

I like the MOE  furniture.

RVG

Pmags

didnt like the ASAP or AFG still weary of the BUIS but they have held up well and do the job I bought them to do

they make quality products that work as intended,I wont buy a surefire 60rd mag until I hear alot more positive reports and less negative but if Magpul ever releases the 40Pmag I wouldnt have any hesitation buying a few because I have confidence in them not releasing a product until its ready,they have earned my trust

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Magpul may be single handedly responsible for the ridiculously gay "lifestyle" and "fashion" centered around the AR-15.
Magpul fanboys remind me of all the Harley fags.

Yeah,  cause all the Magpul 'fanboys' drive their AR's up and down the street rapping their pipes and wearing all Magpul clothing.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#31]
What a bunch of whiny bitches.  Is this Sex in the City or a gun board?  

Magpul is like any other company; some products are winners, some are ok, and some are nonstarters.  At least they are trying to introduce new ideas in a largely saturated market, and to a consumer base who are ALL experts their own mind.  It's a no win situation.  

I dig the original Magpul, except it doesn't quite fit on a 7.62 Pmag for some strange reason.  The MS2 sort of sucks, but I like the ASAP.  Pmags rock.  MBUS is gtg for a cheap sight.  BAD lever seems silly, but I've never used one.  I don't get ranger plates.  Their stocks rock.  I prefer the Tango Down grips, but their grips are well made.  The precision rifle DVD course was stupid.  I do not like the AFG, but the concept is solid-MY hands just don't fit.  

F the haters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What a bunch of whiny bitches.  Is this Sex in the City or a gun board?  

I dig the original Magpul, except it doesn't quite fit on a 7.62 Pmag for some strange reason.  The MS2 sort of sucks, but I like the ASAP.  Pmags rock.  MBUS is gtg for a cheap sight.  BAD lever seems silly, but I've never used one.  I don't get ranger plates.  Their stocks rock.  I prefer the Tango Down grips, but their grips are well made.  The precision rifle DVD course was stupid.  

F the haters.

Yep.  

I have the ASAP, because I like it and it works well. As for BAD lever I like it,  I have them on my AR's and have never had one issue with them.  Pmags?  Whats to question,  I have never had one fail me,  although I do keep a good selection of GI mags around too.  As for the MOE grip.  I like the feel of it.  Fuck the haters.  

For the haters.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#33]
no you do times infinity

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Tapco is ugly trash.

Magpul is handsome quality.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bolting stuff you don't need to your rifle because it looks cool is silly, no matter if it's a cheap Tapco pistol grip or a $20,000 thermal sight that you'll never use.

The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul actually makes good products.

FLIR and Night vision are never stupid.  Ever.

Yuh huh. Only guys with too much money and tiny penises use that stuff.
My NCstar flashlight sometimes mostly never lets me down and it's just as good.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I have liked most of there stuff. I did not like the MOE grip and went with the Ergo. After the BAD jacking with me, it was broke off and thrown into the Nv desert never to be seen again. The AFG is not for me and I did not like the Mbus. The MOE handgaurd is a great way to add a very grip and light without the cost of a full rail. I also do not like the feel of a rail on my hands in carbine courses. The ACS does good for cheek weld, and storage. Also helps to balance the gun with a light on it. Besides for that, I love the Pmags. I'd like to try a CTS for a lightweight build one day.

This thread needs more pics. This is the day after I had my gun Duracoated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bolting stuff you don't need to your rifle because it looks cool is silly, no matter if it's a cheap Tapco pistol grip or a $20,000 thermal sight that you'll never use.

The difference between Magpul and Tapco is that Magpul actually makes good products.

Yuh huh. Only guys with too much money and tiny penises use that stuff.
My NCstar flashlight sometimes mostly never lets me down and it's just as good.

Dammit.... Me and my tiny penis submit to your logic.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm still running an AFG on my rifle.  Magpul makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Magpul M93 stock s my favorite of all time
RSA is great for putting sling connections where you want them
MIAD grips offer great adaptability and storage
Enhanced triiger guards give extra room for gloved fingers
Sling plates are meh, have one on a rifle with a CTR
CTR stock, nice lock-up, solid, decent cheek weld... Way better than the M4 stock
BAD lever, like them a lot. Not a must have, but a nice feature
Only wish I could have P-mags

Magpul is good shit
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I like most of their stuff, and I can't help but like a company that supports the firearms industry in general.  I kinda feel for magpul today, with the usmc banning poly magazines.  Can't say I have any moe furniture on any of my ARs, but I do plan to buy some of the m3pmags.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I prefer the TD CBIR mags to PMAGs just because they fit pouches better. The PMAG is a solid mag though, IMHO
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've created a monster.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I managed to mount an AFG on the sybian I keep in my guest bedroom closet for lady visitors. (you'd be amazed at how many girls will come over to try one out)

Got mixed reviews though.

Edit: wait, we're not literally talking about magpul fucking? Damn
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
In a word, yes.

But not MY Magpul stuff.  That's all functional

But really... MOE handguards for the light weight (removed heavy rails that I had no use for) CTR stock is comfy and solid. I like the hooks on their single/double point sling. And their MBUS is light and gets the job done.  I didn't magpul fuck my rifle just to feel cooler, I actually like the stuff.

Now the AFG, that is pretty useless for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought an MBUS set, Moe stock, vertical grip, bad lever, pmags, and an ms3 sling because reviews on this site spoke very highly of magpul products. They were also less expensive than most competitors. So far I've been very impressed with quality, otherwise I'd be buying something else.

Will people buy things to make them look cool? Yes
Will others bitch and complain about these "fads"? Yes
Will people still buy these products cause they're good quality? Yes
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deny everything, make (non-sequitur) counter accusations.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My Iphone 3G is adorned in a Magpul case.  It made my Iphone so awesome I don't need an upgrade!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Good shit is good.

Expensive shit is expensive.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#50]
You will never, ever see Chris and Travis with Tapco on their weapons...

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top