Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Some guy wrote a bunch of nonsense and you are putting stake in it.  It is incredibly silly to equate the two seeing as how one essentially predates the other by hundreds of years of development and political evolution. If Levay borrowed anything from it, that hardly merits a serious discussion.

yes, libertarianism thought predates both Rand & Levey.  Unfortunately the OP didn't distinguish b/t Levey's "Satanism" and old school satanism, neither of which by the way I have any involvement or interest in, but yes Levey's satanism borrowed heavily from some libertarian lines of thinking.  But lets not soil the philosophy of libertarianism by pointing that out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lavey was a retard appropriating good ideas and writings for his retarded Church of Satan.

His daughter however was hot as hell, but has since turned into a buddhist hippy.

Nietzsche + Ragnar Redbeard = freedom

Christianity = communism = slavery

It is only a matter of time before you cross that line.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That depends..................can you tame lions or play a circus calliope?

Quoted:

Back in the '80s all the records I listened to had backward messages in them and were supposed to turn me into a baby-sacrificing devil-worshipping servant of evil.

When do I get my refund?

Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Satan is George Soros which is Barry's boss - that makes Barry a demon ....

This wouldn't surprise me, in the least.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lavey was a retard appropriating good ideas and writings for his retarded Church of Satan.

His daughter however was hot as hell, but has since turned into a buddhist hippy.

It is only a matter of time before you cross that line.

Good post
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
do you think that Satanism was just objectivism in a new wrapper for those who crave ritual?

no, but there are some common ideas e.g. rational self interest between the two.

both dipshits IMO.

ETA: any libertarian who isn't just a bandwagon rider knows that ayn rand was just a shitty novelist.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]

I don't call people trolls often and when others do, it usually pisses me off.  But for you, I'll make a special case.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
do you think that Satanism was just objectivism in a new wrapper for those who crave ritual?

no, but there are some common ideas e.g. rational self interest between the two.

both dipshits IMO.

ETA: any libertarian who isn't just a bandwagon rider knows that ayn rand was just a shitty novelist.

yeah, and she was too stupid to realize that big gov & big corp are best friends.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I've read a lot of Rand, but not any Lavey.  However, I have read some articles pointing out similarities between Libertarianism and Satanism.  I don't know much about Satanism, but the comparisons seem valid (assuming what I know about Satanism is accurate).

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like op terrified some self described libretarians.

First of all, levey type santanism is not the same thing as occultsatanism, whitch craft etc that goes back to medieval times or whatever.  There is a satanist church that actually worships satan literally and all sorts of weord shit.    levey didnt actually believe in jesus or satan or the supernatural gennerally.  Furthermore his basic philosophy, which is all it is with ritual overlayment, [red]is similar in many respects to basic libretarian philosophy.  Sorry, tis the truth.[\red]

As towhy he called his philosophy satanism.  Isuppose to be sensational, to bring attention to his movement.  Also, to point out that his philosophy is generally cpunter-cultural to our western judeo-christian ethic.   The similarities to libretarianism come from his notion that christian morality has largely been a tool of the ruling class to keep us in lin for example telling us that god wills it that vengenance is immoral unless it is executed by the state or that we should get married and have lots of kids that gov can useas collateral to accumulate more debt.

Thank you.

@dalesimpson I'm waiting

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're making it difficult.

Plus, I'm not really into wrestling with pigs, and since you are on my ignore list we wouldn't be able to engage in a pissing contest.

I'm sorry I don't know what you are talking about or what @dale... means or what you like or dont like about my post.

the first line of my post is not implicating that libertariansim = satanism, but that  a lot of libertarians don't know what Levey actually taught, which is not the occult.

You said the idea of Laveyan Satanism are similar to basic libertarian ideas.  This is the whole purpose of the thread, not to engage in a pissing match
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

both dipshits IMO.

yeah, and she was too stupid to realize that big gov & big corp are best friends.

And supposedly collected social security.  Im just trying to point out the solid individualism in both writings and how theyre similar, especially because of how popular Ayn Rand is now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've read a lot of Rand, but not any Lavey.  However, I have read some articles pointing out similarities between Libertarianism and Satanism.  I don't know much about Satanism, but the comparisons seem valid (assuming what I know about Satanism is accurate).

I havent actually read any Rand, only read ABOUT Rand, but have read lave
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You post some weird shit, dude.

13er
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm a libertarian and a Christian...

So I guess I'm a walking contradiction?

So am I...
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

13er

I bet the 13er doesn't even own a gun - just one more liberal "barry-cyber-warrior" troll....
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So am I...

Jesus was Libertarian-ish.  Free will, not starting fights, and helping people......Hmmmmmm...  except when he got all marxist and kicked the money lenders out.  He even treated Mary M pretty decent compared to what we do to sex workers today
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So am I...

Jesus was Libertarian-ish.  Free will, not starting fights, and helping people......Hmmmmmm...  except when he got all marxist and kicked the money lenders out.  He even treated Mary M pretty decent compared to what we do to sex workers today

Yea Libertarianism has nothing to do with religion.  No one is saying you cant be religious
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Smart of you to make another account a month or two prior to the drama queen "I'm leaving"

Very... what's the word?  Tactical
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Smart of you to make another account a month or two prior to the drama queen "I'm leaving"

LOL
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do you mean me?  I have never been here before.  lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Satan? No, I don't believe in that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you mean me?  I have never been here before.  lol

Can we do some "cyber waterboarding" with the liberal 13'er to discover who he works for?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

FPNI

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So am I...

Quibble:  Jesus' casting out the money lenders and animal merchants from the interior courts of the temple was not an anti-capitalist act per se.  He did it because they were doing business right in the middle of the temple, something which was disrespectful and disruptive to the place.  It's as if someone set up a souvenir shop in the middle of St. Peter's basilica and loudly cried out "Bobblehead dolls! Get yer Francis bobblehead dolls!".

He wouldn't have cared if they had set up shop outside the temple walls.
So in a way, He was more like a code enforcement officer....  

Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow.. some of you people need to come out from your church's basement for a while.

Satanism has nothing to do with satan, jesus, or any of that stuff.    He wasn't talking about devil worship.  

Never heard of Anton LeVay?
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So am I...

THe money changers were running a scam.  per jew law, you had to go make a sacrafice.  If you were poor, a bird, rich a lamb.  Anway, most people couln't take said critter on a long pilgramige, if they didn't live in Jerusalem.  THe priests would only accept anaimals sold by vendors who gave said priests kickbacks.  Furthermore, the vendors would only sell the animal for local coinage.  THe money changers set up next to the animal vendors and would charge poor out of towners exorbinant exchange rates, I recall someting like 10 ounces of assorted silver coinage to buy one ounce of temple approved coinage.  There was this whoel corrups disgusting scam being perpetrated by the priests, animal vendors and money changes against people from out of town trying to fullfill their obligations.  I would not call Jesus' anger Marxist like. .
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like op terrified some self described libretarians.

First of all, levey type santanism is not the same thing as occultsatanism, whitch craft etc that goes back to medieval times or whatever.  There is a satanist church that actually worships satan literally and all sorts of weord shit.    levey didnt actually believe in jesus or satan or the supernatural gennerally.  Furthermore his basic philosophy, which is all it is with ritual overlayment, [red]is similar in many respects to basic libretarian philosophy.  Sorry, tis the truth.[\red]

As towhy he called his philosophy satanism.  Isuppose to be sensational, to bring attention to his movement.  Also, to point out that his philosophy is generally cpunter-cultural to our western judeo-christian ethic.   The similarities to libretarianism come from his notion that christian morality has largely been a tool of the ruling class to keep us in lin for example telling us that god wills it that vengenance is immoral unless it is executed by the state or that we should get married and have lots of kids that gov can useas collateral to accumulate more debt.

Thank you.

@dalesimpson I'm waiting

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but you're making it difficult.

Plus, I'm not really into wrestling with pigs, and since you are on my ignore list we wouldn't be able to engage in a pissing contest.

I'm sorry I don't know what you are talking about or what @dale... means or what you like or dont like about my post.

the first line of my post is not implicating that libertariansim = satanism, but that  a lot of libertarians don't know what Levey actually taught, which is not the occult.

You said the idea of Laveyan Satanism are similar to basic libertarian ideas.  This is the whole purpose of the thread, not to engage in a pissing match

yeah, i suspect OP was trolling in the way he didn't point out that Levay Satanism is not a form of Satanic Occultism.  I just happend to know that from reading a few articles about The Church "of Satan" years ago.  It was funny to see so many christian libertarian who didn't know that get uncomfortable at the proposition.  But to be fair, there were plenty of christian libertarians long before either Levey or Rand.  

I am basically a christian libertarian, or maybe christian anarchist, but I still think the OT God was a Dick.  I'm content to follow christ, more or less, even if he was just "lunatic"
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So am I...

Quibble:  Jesus' casting out the money lenders and animal merchants from the interior courts of the temple was not an anti-capitalist act per se.  He did it because they were doing business right in the middle of the temple, something which was disrespectful and disruptive to the place.  It's as if someone set up a souvenir shop in the middle of St. Peter's basilica and loudly cried out "Bobblehead dolls! Get yer Francis bobblehead dolls!".

He wouldn't have cared if they had set up shop outside the temple walls.

So in a way, He was more like a code enforcement officer....  

Well if they were trespassing, that's cool.  Folks sure took a disliking to usury on his account though.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So am I...

THe money changers were running a scam.  per jew law, you had to go make a sacrafice.  If you were poor, a bird, rich a lamb.  Anway, most people couln't take said critter on a long pilgramige, if they didn't live in Jerusalem.  THe priests would only accept anaimals sold by vendors who gave said priests kickbacks.  Furthermore, the vendors would only sell the animal for local coinage.  THe money changers set up next to the animal vendors and would charge poor out of towners exorbinant exchange rates, I recall someting like 10 ounces of assorted silver coinage to buy one ounce of temple approved coinage.  There was this whoel corrups disgusting scam being perpetrated by the priests, animal vendors and money changes against people from out of town trying to fullfill their obligations.  I would not call Jesus' anger Marxist like. .

That sounds like the priests were more impressive sinners.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Most dont have a clue as to how you're differentiating between Lavey's version of "selfish" Satanism and true occultism/Devil worship..
Jayne Mansfiled and Sammy Davis JR say hello LOL!

Link Posted: 6/12/2013 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#32]
A common misconception, as is present in this thread, is that Satanists worship Satan.

Satanists worship themselves.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the links OP, but like others said, this was a really bad place to do it. Stick around though, I like your style.

I've been struggling with my Christian upbringing lately. For reasons I'd rather not talk about right now. Your origional post references some issues I've been contemplating in my spare time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks for the links OP, but like others said, this was a really bad place to do it. Stick around though, I like your style.

I've been struggling with my Christian upbringing lately. For reasons I'd rather not talk about right now. Your origional post references some issues I've been contemplating in my spare time.

Stay Strong, you have a choice.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Most dont have a clue as to how you're differentiating between Lavey's version of "selfish" Satanism and true occultism/Devil worship..
Jayne Mansfiled and Sammy Davis JR say hello LOL!
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrYs7AJAyMKi7oLVUybyTXz9NWpQcE_xBAGXYtnDxucszla_bC
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_znetMyxM0Pk/S2L1XGXpG6I/AAAAAAAAC78/KnWcsz-0heE/s400/shapeimage_4.jpg

Your Right.  I thought by mentioning Anton Lavey people would get it/look it up.

Occultism is retarded, its the same thing as any other religion, fiction.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#37]
It is fiction but then again Laveys people put a "curse" on Mansifields manager Brody and look what happened...

I wonder about that...
I mean I'm not superstitious but I really do wonder about that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 5:02:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow.. some of you people need to come out from your church's basement for a while.

Satanism has nothing to do with satan, jesus, or any of that stuff.    He wasn't talking about devil worship.  

Slow your roll with that

I wouldn't know anything about him if I hadn't read all of his books when I was a teenager.

He's not nearly as well known as you think he is.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 5:20:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It is fiction but then again Laveys people put a "curse" on Mansifields manager Brody and look what happened...
http://www.halloweensunseen.com/jaynedead.jpg
I wonder about that...
I mean I'm not superstitious but I really do wonder about that.

I dont think Lavey believed in magic or curses, if anything he was pissed at being mocked, and used his position to make himself seem more powerful than he was, to scare a the guy who was mocking him
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 5:24:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Another 13'er...
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#41]
What I particularly love is the fact that labeling Libertarians as Satanists will appeal to both sides of the aisle in their quest to keep the masses content and firmly shackled to their respective sets of party dogma.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 6:31:08 AM EDT
[#42]
When this thread is inevitably locked, please oh PLEASE let system message say "Thread failed d20 saving throw"
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 6:41:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When this thread is inevitably locked, please oh PLEASE let system message say "Thread failed d20 saving throw"

I wish it was locked already.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Here is where you went off the tracks OP:

Libertarianism is a theory of GOVERNMENT.  It is NOT a theory of personal morality or personal action.

Being a libertarian is wholly consistent with being a Christian, and possibly a Lavey Satanist - assuming

Lavey would not promote things like the strong subjugating the weak (which is not clear in my limited understanding).
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Satan can't be bargained with.

He can't be reasoned with.

He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear.

And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'll just leave this here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like God, only God won't stop once you're dead.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll just leave this here.

Link Posted: 6/12/2013 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost sounds like Barry
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top