Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/22/2013 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We talking about "Mad Max" best, or "Look at me --- I'm a ON-road 4x4 Pussy Pimp" best??

View Quote

I went with the latter.  The $35 hookers swoon when I go by them, jing-jing-jingling my TruckNutz.

Link Posted: 12/22/2013 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Been looking for a while myself, and it depends on what "look" you want. I prefer the looks of Iron Bull Bumpers, I like the quality of Road Armor, but if we're talking economy, I say Road Rhino weld it yourself kits. Lots of options in lots of price ranges out their, but just because its costs a shit ton of money doesn't mean it is worth it. ARB is top quality too, but i'm just not a fan of their aesthetics on anything other than Toys, Jeeps, and  Rovers. Too boxy for my tastes.
View Quote

I had never heard of Road Rhino. I like what they offer. I am a welder so that works out great. I sent them an email to see if they have a photo of my style truck with one on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We talking about "Mad Max" best, or "Look at me --- I'm a ON-road 4x4 Pussy Pimp" best??

View Quote

I think we're talking about ...."I spent $50,000 on a good looking truck and I don't want to put something on it that looks like Farmer Bob went out to his fucking junk heap in the back 40 and cobbled it onto my truck with a set of battery cables and tractor batteries".....
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's not THE BEST, but I like it.  Weighs about 200 lbs.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/eracer1111/Sierra%201500/SierraIronCross_zpsf60828d8.jpg

I've got the matching bumper in the rear.  They make a version with tubular push bars.

I paid $1800 for the pair.

View Quote

That must be the Jay Leno of the truck world............
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#5]
ARB or TJM are pretty good. The best for mass produced I would say.

Shrockworks is the best looking and best design I have seen in my opinion, so I put one on my Tacoma.

Shitty picture.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Shrockworks is the best looking and best design I have seen in my opinion, so I put one on my Tacoma.

Shitty picture.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9076/mmud.jpg

View Quote

Oh, yeah, sure, they've got a great selection for pickup trucks.  LOL  The headers on their website are Jeep, Nissan, Suzuki, Toyota and Other.

No bother with those little off-brands like Ford, Chevy and Dodge.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh, yeah, sure, they've got a great selection for pickup trucks.  LOL  The headers on their website are Jeep, Nissan, Suzuki, Toyota and Other.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shitty picture.

They specialize in vehicles that actually go off road, not mall crawlers and posers.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They specialize in vehicles that actually go off road, not mall crawlers and posers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shitty picture.

Reading comprehension, genius.  OP asked about a bumper for a one-ton diesel pickup.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Title: Who makes the best looking grill guard, cattle catcher, deer smasher, heavy duty bumper for pick ups

OP: And feel free to post pics of yours if you got one

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shitty picture.

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/mmud.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9076/mmud.jpg</a>

View Quote

Nice!

Mine.

Made by a company out of Colorado. Addicted Offroad.
Also has a weld on reinforcement plate under it to strengthen the mounting area. Could probably hang my truck from it (I have jacked it up from one corner with a hi-lift.)
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nice!

Mine.

<a href="http://s193.photobucket.com/user/N2frodn/media/Toyota%20build/PA031023.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z207/N2frodn/Toyota%20build/PA031023.jpg</a>

Also has a weld on reinforcement plate under it to strengthen the mounting area. Could probably hang my truck from it (I have jacked it up from one corner with a hi-lift.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shitty picture.

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/mmud.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9076/mmud.jpg</a>

Nice!

Mine.

<a href="http://s193.photobucket.com/user/N2frodn/media/Toyota%20build/PA031023.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z207/N2frodn/Toyota%20build/PA031023.jpg</a>

I have the same one on my POS 95 4Runner. It is a really nice tube bumper and fairly cheap as well.

I like your 1st gen 4Runner a lot more than mine
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
4" gas pipe filled with concrete
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Western
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Crappy picture but here's my Dodge with an ARB bummper. It gets lots of compliments.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Back when I was a Cop the GoRhino ones were mainly for show. This is what it looks like when you hit a deer.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Custom one on my Land Cruiser:

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's another company out of Texas.

Tough Country

They aren't that high in price and are tough.

Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Would smash
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think anyone has mentioned FABFOURS bumpers yet.  Just another option for you to look at.  Am considering one of their rear bumpers for my 09 f350 powerstroke.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#20]
[url=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/J75player/media/truck/0107111512.jpg.html][/url]Designed this one for monster bumper.
Sold the truck this spring, will get one just like it for the new truck when funds allow. Mowed over several deer with it. BIL backed into it with his suburban once, made his bumper look like a banana, not a scratch on my truck.
http://www.monsterbumpers.com/stealth-bumpers-91.html
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's more for ya guys

Ted Nugent buys them

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#22]
There's more where these came from.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Back when I was a Cop the GoRhino ones were mainly for show. This is what it looks like when you hit a deer.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/11485Deer_001.jpg
View Quote

Let's be honest, isn't that what most of them are for?
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then you may want to pony up for a membership and put them in BOTD.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I IMed him a heads up because he seems to be a good guy and not the typical 13er

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/11485Deer_001.jpg

True!
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Off topic but does having a near indestructible bumper instead of a crumple zone have any negative effects in a serious accident?
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Mostly this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally I think Ranch Hands look like shit. They look like they belong on a 1972 Dodge Power wagon. There are much more streamlined designs available.

Mostly this

This,
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Ranch Hand - 2004 F-350:

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#30]
After hitting 2 deer in less than 18 mos. causing $5k in damage, I mentioned to the insurance adjuster I was thinking of one of these bumpers on my truck.  He said not a good idea.  It may not protect you and if you are in an accident with another vehicle it will cause excessive damage to the other guy.  He did not approve.  What says the GD.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Ranch Hand

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
After hitting 2 deer in less than 18 mos. causing $5k in damage, I mentioned to the insurance adjuster I was thinking of one of these bumpers on my truck.  He said not a good idea.  It may not protect you and if you are in an accident with another vehicle it will cause excessive damage to the other guy.  He did not approve.  What says the GD.
View Quote

get a new insurance agent.
yes, a well built one will protect you and the truck. I hit many deer with mine pictured above. a dull thud and keep driving. no damage.
how much damage caused in an accident will be about the same $$ wise with or without the bumper. but with the bumper all the damage will be on
the other guys car. and it was him that caused the accident anyway....right?
I bought mine with the insurance money from a deer hit to my truck. they were very happy to not have to pay out for more deer strikes!
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here's another company out of Texas.

Tough Country

They aren't that high in price and are tough.
View Quote

just helped put one on my buddies one ton
got a lot of bumper for a pretty good price

in fact I think it was just a few extra dollars to go with it instead of a factory bumper replacement
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Off topic but does having a near indestructible bumper instead of a crumple zone have any negative effects in a serious accident?
View Quote

some people say that you are more likley to damage the frame in an accident because the bumper is tied right into it.
BUT the way I see it, any hit hard enough to damage the frame would have totaled your truck had the bumper not been in place.
WITH the bumper you are eliminating any damage from impacts up to and past what would have totaled it if it were stock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Reunel bumpers yet. Those things are nearly indestructible.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#36]
They only do Toyotas, but my Demello Offroad bumper is dead sexy and built like a fucking anvil.

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have the same one on my POS 95 4Runner. It is a really nice tube bumper and fairly cheap as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shitty picture.

Nice!

Mine.

Thanks!
It is an 87 extracab pickup with a camper shell on it.

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Personally I think Ranch Hands look like shit. They look like they belong on a 1972 Dodge Power wagon. There are much more streamlined designs available.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#39]
iron bull

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Tough Country has a whole bunch of options as well. Most companies only have a few. They have colors, rhino lined, and three or so different style front and rear bumpers.

TOUGH COUNTRY
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Google Herd bumpers. Helped a buddy put one on his Peterbuilt. I'm seriously looking at thier light truck models for my pickup

If they are built like the ones for big trucks it should be bullet proof!

Herd XL

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Make sure you get it with lots of tubing above the bumper itself so you can bust your radiator extra hard when you hit a deer...
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#43]
When I bought my wife her Yukon I went to a truck accessory shop in Dallas and told the salesman I wanted a grill guard for the wife's new truck should she hit a deer. He explain that unless I wanted to put a Ranch Hand on it, the other models were simply cosmetic and often did their own damage to the vehicle when they got pushed back into the front end. I thanked him for his candor and didn't bother putting anything on it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When I bought my wife her Yukon I went to a truck accessory shop in Dallas and told the salesman I wanted a grill guard for the wife's news truck should she hit a deer. He explain that unless I wanted to put a Ranch Hand on it, the other models were simply cosmetic and often did their own damage to the vehicle when they got pushed back into the front end. I thanked him for his candor and didn't bother putting anything on it.
View Quote

That is true.  In the LC world we call those " light bars" damage multipliers.  Get a real bumper and real protection or nothing at all.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I've always liked the look of Buck Stop bumpers. I see a lot of Ranch Hands around here but I really don't care for the diamond plate look, plus all the older ranch hands I see are covered in rust. The Buck Stop bumpers have a smooth finish and a two coat powder finish that is supposed to be one of the best in the industry. If I ever have a spare $2k laying around this is what I'm going to get for my truck.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Buckstop

Mine

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Make sure you get it with lots of tubing above the bumper itself so you can bust your radiator extra hard when you hit a deer...
View Quote

these are functional bumper/grill guards, not chrome plated getto bling
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is true.  In the LC world we call those " light bars" damage multipliers.  Get a real bumper and real protection or nothing at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I bought my wife her Yukon I went to a truck accessory shop in Dallas and told the salesman I wanted a grill guard for the wife's news truck should she hit a deer. He explain that unless I wanted to put a Ranch Hand on it, the other models were simply cosmetic and often did their own damage to the vehicle when they got pushed back into the front end. I thanked him for his candor and didn't bother putting anything on it.

you know, the energy transfered from the impact will not be increased because of more metal in the way.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#49]
NJ Forest Fire Service.

If I could get them to hook up my Jeep, I would.

Link Posted: 12/24/2013 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Once again, shit will get locked.  GD is G rated when it comes to pics of wimmenz.

I think mine is a T3 bumper.  It's covered in DIY bedliner.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top