Quoted:

Doesn't matter, that's a CWAR.

ETA: I think that means you have to attend Cola Warrior
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never been to Cola Warrior, but the rail system rocks!

http://s14.postimg.org/nlzrx52pt/cwar.jpg

Doesn't matter, that's a CWAR.

ETA: I think that means you have to attend Cola Warrior

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Cola Warriors, I have a Mk8 in DDC on the way, and will be putting together my first full sized CWAR.  Suggestions on barrel?  I already know the basic specs, looking for an accurate, 16-18" barrel you'd recommend.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cola Warriors, I have a Mk8 in DDC on the way, and will be putting together my first full sized CWAR.  Suggestions on barrel?  I already know the basic specs, looking for an accurate, 16-18" barrel you'd recommend.
View Quote

Centurion arms lightweight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone buy and try the mk8 yet?
I'm still on the fence and unsure, may want the MKIVM0, it is lighter afterall.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Centurion arms Lilja lightweight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Centurion arms Lilja lightweight.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the White Oak Armament via Brownells. Great barrel, crazy price.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the White Oak Armament via Brownells. Great barrel, crazy price.
View Quote

Same here in 18" version.  Got it directly from WOA though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.  WOA 18" (which I've heard really nice things about) or Centurion lightweight, for significant weight savings.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.  WOA 18" (which I've heard really nice things about) or Centurion lightweight, for significant weight savings.
View Quote

Lightweight barrels WILL start stringing after half a mag.  You may or may not care about that.  It doesn't significantly hurt your ability to make hits on steel at CW, but it will fuck up your nice little groups on paper.  If you care.

My wife's She-CWAR is under 6 pounds, and it's wonderful to carry.  My 18" CWAR is around 7lb, and is nicer to shoot.  Both will get the job done.

You could also spend more money and go with a fluted match barrel to try to split the difference, but frankly, I wouldn't bother.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#10]
If you want an 18" barrel, Surplus Ammo has Black Hole Weaponry barrels 20% off and a free SAA upper. My CWAR variant is rocking that barrel and upper.
18" rifle gas, 1:8 twist, Polygonal rifling
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Need to install a couple parts and order some more but it's moving forward

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/thecanuck11/armes/cwar_zps40738ae3.jpg
View Quote

Those trigger pins don't look dimpled...
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Lightweight barrels WILL start stringing after half a mag.  You may or may not care about that.  It doesn't significantly hurt your ability to make hits on steel at CW, but it will fuck up your nice little groups on paper.  If you care.

My wife's She-CWAR is under 6 pounds, and it's wonderful to carry.  My 18" CWAR is around 7lb, and is nicer to shoot.  Both will get the job done.

You could also spend more money and go with a fluted match barrel to try to split the difference, but frankly, I wouldn't bother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that when I really decide to go for an ultra lightweight build, I'll just do something financially inadvisable and get one of those swanky carbon fiber wrapped barrels.  

WOA it is.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If you want an 18" barrel, Surplus Ammo has Black Hole Weaponry barrels 20% off and a free SAA upper. My CWAR variant is rocking that barrel and upper.

18" rifle gas, 1:8 twist, Polygonal rifling
View Quote
I've got one of those barrels on another rifle I'm putting together at the moment, but haven't got it put together enough to shoot it yet.  By your recommendation, you're happy with it, I'm guessing.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/thecanuck11/armes/cwar_zps40738ae3.jpg

Not a G trigger yet if that's what you were referencing.

It's on order however.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think that when I really decide to go for an ultra lightweight build, I'll just do something financially inadvisable and get one of those swanky carbon fiber wrapped barrels.  

WOA it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOA it is.

Yeah I asked my smith who's turning my barrel, they cost twice what the lilja cost
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#17]
So Spikes has tried to make a "female friendly" rifle, given it a patronizingly absurd name, and put a flash enhancer on it for good measure.

http://www.spikestactical.com/st-pure-estrogen-midlength-rifle-p-1241.html

And it's still over 6 1/2 pounds.

Dat flash:

Shoulda got a She-CWAR.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So Spikes has tried to make a "female friendly" rifle, given it a patronizingly absurd name, and put a flash enhancer on it for good measure.

Dat flash:

http://youtu.be/a10OFrkGeVo

Shoulda got a She-CWAR.  
View Quote
That is truly a product worthy of the two dicks mark.
On a happier note, though, I got a package from the G:

I'm going to take the presence of that one really colorful patch as a sign from the cola and peep gods that the rifle I build around this Mk8 will be the one that goes with me to CWW (provided they find a site and it happens).

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm going to take the presence of that one really colorful patch as a sign from the cola and peep gods that the rifle I build around this Mk8 will be the one that goes with me to CWW (provided they find a site and it happens).

View Quote

Did They know You were from ARFCOM, or were interested in Cola Warrior?

I wonder if anyone who orders from Them is getting a Mello Yellow CW patch?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/IMG_0349_zps6572db5e.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dat flash:
http://youtu.be/a10OFrkGeVo

Shoulda got a She-CWAR.  

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/IMG_0349_zps6572db5e.jpg

I dig that rail, hope to see you at the cdub.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know.  It's possible that someone correlated my email with my ARF user ID, but I don't know for sure.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:31:53 AM EDT
[#23]
That's as I understand it.  And they had five thousand patches (not a typo), so it might be a while.

Or maybe it won't take that long? They keep putting out new stuff like the Mk8 and it might go pretty quick.

You're going to love those gas blocks, by the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#24]
The peep gods have spoken!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's as I understand it.  And they had five thousand patches (not a typo), so it might be a while.

Or maybe it won't take that long? They keep putting out new stuff like the Mk8 and it might go pretty quick.

View Quote
There's already one on my SCWAR, and yeah, its a damn nice gas block.  Drilling and pinning all of those is going to be a chore, but that's alright with me.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Installed the BADASS on my lower

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anything special about the G gas blocks? As in, what's makes them so lovable?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My impression of them is they're quite lightweight, and I like that it includes a pilot hole and pin to pin it to the barrel if you wish to.

ETA Also, I just picked up an upper and lower for my first full sized CWAR, and I think I'm going to rob the partial build I had going on another project of its Black Hole Weaponry 18" barrel, so I'll get that, the gas block, and the Mk8 all together later tonight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

My impression of them is they're quite lightweight, and I like that it includes a pilot hole and pin to pin it to the barrel if you wish to.  
ETA Also, I just picked up an upper and lower for my first full sized CWAR, and I think I'm going to rob the partial build I had going on another project of its Black Hole Weaponry 18" barrel, so I'll get that, the gas block, and the Mk8 all together later tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the verdict on drilling and pinning was bad juju? Something along the line of creating bad harmonics in the barrel?

I was under the impression the best method is just a dimple and set screw style gas block.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I thought the verdict on drilling and pinning was bad juju? Something along the line of creating bad harmonics in the barrel?
I was under the impression the best method is just a dimple and set screw style gas block.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My impression of them is they're quite lightweight, and I like that it includes a pilot hole and pin to pin it to the barrel if you wish to.   ETA Also, I just picked up an upper and lower for my first full sized CWAR, and I think I'm going to rob the partial build I had going on another project of its Black Hole Weaponry 18" barrel, so I'll get that, the gas block, and the Mk8 all together later tonight.

LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

God I hope not....I've had all my non-pinned gas blocks drilled and pinned.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#34]
pin is win
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

You can LOL all day, especially since the source gets all his information from you

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You can LOL all day, especially since the source gets all his information from you

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

I don't recall ever saying anything of the sort, although I do like beer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#38]
9.5" mk4 rail 10.5" barrel

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Coming right along.

ETA:  And TA33 ordered.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#40]
DSG has Mk4 9.5" rails on sale.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#41]
amazon prime has no paki tape

Also, I bought a membership for this thread.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Thinking about a 12.5" with ALG MLOK. I like the ALG MLOK a bunch.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Awaiting just the TA33 for Mk8 CWAR spec compliance.  Other than that, I'm going to put a WML on it, and I'm waiting on Magpul to release an MLOK pressure pad mount.

Specs:

Aero upper

New Frontier Armory forged lower

SSA-E

BAD enhanced takedown/pivot pins

BAD ASS 45* short/short safety

ASAP QD plate

CTR

LWRC ambi CH

13" Mk8 DDC rail

Geissele gas block

Mid gas 18" Black Hole Weaponry barrel

Blackout 51t

DBAL-I2 green
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Barrel looks soo long
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Barrel looks soo long
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Barrel looks soo long
It's my first 18", actually.  

Meets spec, though.

Lets get official.

CWAR- 18 or 16 inch accurate barrel. Full length rail. TA33, SSA-E trigger.

She-CWAR -14.5 pinned lightweight barrel, Full or mid length rail. (Mod 0 is MK4, Mod 1 is ALG EMR.) SSA-E trigger.

ROCWAR- 12.5 barrel, mid length rail.(Mod 0 js MK4, Mod 1 is EMR.) TA33, SSF trigger.

SCWAR - 10.5 barrel, mid length rail. Low power optic (T-1 or TA44s), SSA-E or SSA trigger.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Barrel looks soo long
View Quote
*Cough Cough*

That's what she said...

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Are the Geissele MLOK rails CWAR-spec?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Are the Geissele MLOK rails CWAR-spec?
View Quote
Man, I sure hope so.  RA did say that MLOK is okay, dickmod is not, so here's hoping.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#49]
My buddy who is my +1 to CWE2 has an almost cwar

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top