User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how long until ISIS invades Kuwait?
View Quote

And then the Saudi royals and then, well , not sure who will be next...
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does Australia's Abrams have Chobham?
View Quote

AFAIK; the Aussie Abrams are a mix of downgraded (no DU plating) former US Army and USMC Abrams.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

AFAIK; the Aussie Abrams are a mix of downgraded (no DU plating) former US Army and USMC Abrams.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have absolutely no idea whether or not we gave them the legit versions. I only want to say that they are one of maybe three countries I would trust with nearly all of our tech.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The egyptians put some hurt out during the yom kipur war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't worry,they torched those tracks.

Yes,really.

http://sf.uploads.ru/C1LkN.jpg

That armored column was defeated by a bunch of assholes equipped with flipflops and  AKs. The Iraqis simply have no heart and no leadership. When the officers run,the NCOs follow,the jundis realize that dying for the cowards running away isn't worth it...It's entirely cultural why Arabs suck at war.

I'll give you that one,with acknowledging that there was absolutely nothing stopping Israel from going all the way to Cairo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not worried about the M113s, a Javelin can open one up like a sardine can; my worry is the Abrams; even without the enhanced armor of our tanks, a few might end up in the hands of Iran or worst, Russia. They can find out how they can defeat them and we're in for a hell of a lotta trouble down the road.
View Quote

Don't worry,they just set them on fire

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have absolutely no idea whether or not we gave them the legit versions. I only want to say that they are one of maybe three countries I would trust with nearly all of our tech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Australia is on that list in my opinion. They good people.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cannot believe we gave those fuckers Abrams
View Quote

Exactly. I want one desperately.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how long until ISIS invades Kuwait?

I'd think jordan before mecca

sure as shit it ends in a WWW
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This would be hilarious to watch if we had not paid money for this shit. Perhaps we should put all kinds of SATs and drone cams there then turn it into a giant pay per view reality show to recoup some funds.
View Quote

Well "we" didn't pay money for them, directly; this all came out of a printing press.   But we'll sure as fuck pay for printing that money later.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like the driver drove into a ravine.

View Quote

Probably has been in that ditch since 1st CAV crashed it there on their last trip
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
No way they take Jordan. They thought about spreading the jihad love and got sympathetic Palis to rabblerabble a bit but Jordanian SF crossed into Iraq and jacked up the ISIS that were heading too close to the border.

If they managed to actually push into Jordan it's an open secret that Abdullah would invite the IDF in for help.

The useful idiots in Kuwait and KSA may be more problemic and sooner. ISIS is giving Sunnis something they haven't seen in a while: success.

Look at the retards protesting in France- living a 98% western lifestyle and thinking they actually want a fucked up version of shariah.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#12]
If Florida got invaded by....well fill in the ______________ shit hole Island Nation, I would expect more of a fight out of the locals and the LEOs than I can see being put up by the Iraqi Army.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thankfully they were the export versions.  Little consolation, but better than nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thankfully they were the export versions.  Little consolation, but better than nothing.

Which is a shit ton better than a technical with a .50 welded in the bed. With that amount of armor and firepower the ISIL boys should have been little more than speed bumps on the road.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Do these tanks have thermal? Stabilized and compensated fire control?

And don't give me this crap about the armor being downgraded because it doesn't have DU. There is more to advanced tank armor than DU. What about all the other secretive shit? Do they have that?

Should have bought them surplus Warsaw Pact tanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Shades of South Vietnam.  You can give them the equipment but you can't give them the will to fight.  I wouldn't fight either for a puppet government.
View Quote

If you are from the wrong tribe or religious persuasion you have better fight like the Tasmanian Dvil on Speed for the Puppet Government, because these nutjobs are looking to kill anyone who doesn't swing their way on everything.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure our Abrams has classified shit in it. We wouldn't want that falling into the hands of our enemies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm almost positive the Abrams that we sold Iraq was the stripped out version without any of the new-fangled armor and goodies.  Still not that great, but it is certainly NOT the Abrams that our forces use.

Yeah, I'm sure our Abrams has classified shit in it. We wouldn't want that falling into the hands of our enemies.

Yeah it would piss off the Chineese who paid Klinton for it, fair and square.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shades of South Vietnam.  You can give them the equipment but you can't give them the will to fight.  I wouldn't fight either for a puppet government.
View Quote

PROTIP: when you post leftist propaganda, you sound like like a leftist propagandist.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#18]
There's more  tax dollars in those photos than everyone who posts in this thread will pay in their entire lives.  Wasted.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There's more  tax dollars in those photos than everyone who posts in this thread will pay in their entire lives.  Wasted.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#20]
The South Vietnamese actually fought.

What is saving Iraq - as it exists- is that there aren't enough ISIS to go around. Many of their Iraqi Sunni supporters only want Malaki gone but aren't willing to go all in to spread jihad and do that whole Caliphate thing so their support is only local.Why they think they're going to be left alone by ISIS is a question most haven't yet asked themselves I don't reckon.

I honestly thought that the IA would find it's footing by now,just on weight of numbers + Shia militia and Iranians allowing it to find fighting form. I sure didn't think they'd have retaken Fallujah already but was expecting that ISIS would have mostly burned itself out by now.

It would never,ever,ever be allowed to happen but I think I know who could have turned the IA around: rehabilitate this guy http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra'ad_al-Hamdani but ain't noooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaay that'd happen. The lack of leadership and experience is a top down problem but the Catch 22 is the experienced and relatively capable guys sort of have some unacceptable blood on their hands. IMO the only thing that could have saved Iraq from this was creating a new sense of Iraqi nationalism over local and sectarian loyalties. This would have meant getting rehabbed  Baathists and former regime supporters onboard though.

Read up on the Shia general who was "leading" the troops defending Mosul...The prime example of everything that went wrong with rebuilding the IA.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Guarantee you at least one person at the CIA has had the "bright idea" to try to work with ISIS to push Maliki out, over throw Assad, and undermine Iran's influence.

Wouldn't be the first time the CIA worked hand in hand with Islamic nutjobs to fight a proxy war against a rival (see Afghanistan / Russia).

Whether or not anyone in the CIA would be stupid enough to go forward with such a plan is another matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is entertainment at this point.  

I don't see any great threat from ISIS anyway.  They will never take over the Kurdish or Shia/Iran-supported majority areas, etc so they are essentially boxed in.

Plus, to the extent that Iran is occupied propping up Assad and their surrogates in Iraq, ISIS serves some useful purpose.

Guarantee you at least one person at the CIA has had the "bright idea" to try to work with ISIS to push Maliki out, over throw Assad, and undermine Iran's influence.

Wouldn't be the first time the CIA worked hand in hand with Islamic nutjobs to fight a proxy war against a rival (see Afghanistan / Russia).

Whether or not anyone in the CIA would be stupid enough to go forward with such a plan is another matter.

Didn't we actually work with and support bin laden at some point, or is that just random bullshit people spew?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
No.

Bin Laden not only never got US support,he was antagonistic from the get-go. He was opposed to the West's support of the mujahideen and the deployment of coalition forces to KSA was one of the things that he used to justify attacking the west: infidels in the holy land.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No.

Bin Laden not only never got US support,he was antagonistic from the get-go. He was opposed to the West's support of the mujahideen and the deployment of coalition forces to KSA was one of the things that he used to justify attacking the west: infidels in the holy land.

View Quote

Ah. I had heard that he was pissed at us for abandoning him and Afghanistan after the russkies pulled out and that's why he went all jihad on us. I was a month away from 17 when 9/11 happened and had only heard of him maybe once before in history class when we discussed the WTC bombing back in the early 90s. This was one of the things that was passed around as a possible motive.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No.

View Quote

Thank you.

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do these tanks have thermal? Yes. Stabilized and compensated fire control? Yes.

And don't give me this crap about the armor being downgraded because it doesn't have DU. There is more to advanced tank armor than DU. What about all the other secretive shit? Do they have that? Anyone who knows is unlikely to talk.

Should have bought them surplus Warsaw Pact tanks. Agreed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ah. I had heard that he was pissed at us for abandoning him and Afghanistan after the russkies pulled out and that's why he went all jihad on us. I was a month away from 17 when 9/11 happened and had only heard of him maybe once before in history class when we discussed the WTC bombing back in the early 90s. This was one of the things that was passed around as a possible motive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Absolutely not.

He saw US/UK/French/Egyptian... Support of the (actually successful) mujahideen as corrupting and standing in the way of his vision of the Muslim world. He certainly didn't feel abandoned by the US,he wanted nothing to do with it.
Furthermore,he thought it embarrassing and insulting that Christians were protecting Mecca and Medina from Saddam and got all sort of butthurt that the Saudis said " lol - no" at the idea of relying upon his band of not so merry men to defend the Kingdom.

He saw the Sauds as a corrupt puppet of the US and America as the occupier of Islam's holiest places,with the inclusion of America's other puppet Israel controlling what they call Al Quds,Jerusalem.

It has been repeated countless times here on Arf " we supported him in the 80s". Bullshit. Afghanistan was far more than a 2 way fight,just as Syria and Iraq are right now.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#27]
well...fuck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#28]
If it was not so sad it would be funny, the whole little boy diddiling savages killing other little boy diddling savages. But after spending trillions and trillions, the loss of thousands of lives and the destruction of tens of thousand if not hundreds of thousands of minds and bodies of our youth all because of lies and whoop-la what do you expect. Just a preview of if and when we pull up stakes in the Stand. American political and military leadership at it's finest from both side of the isle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How are they going to maintain them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the fuck does ISIS/Iraq get better M113s than we had?

Motorpool Monday, duh.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Didn't the Germans do that with some Panther and Tiger turrets in WWII?  Turn them into pillboxes?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ISIS will take the turret off and mount onto something.
Didn't the Germans do that with some Panther and Tiger turrets in WWII?  Turn them into pillboxes?  

...Out of commission, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heroes...

Err, whoops. They did indeed.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#31]
The Swiss made Panzerstellungs too with Centurion turrets and I believe whatever they called their home grown Leopard 1ish equivalent.

Some in the open

Others located in casemates

and some were used in this freakin James Bond awesome fashion

Oh that's just more rock?

No,there's a Centurion behind it
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#32]
we should have given that to the Kurds, at least it would have been put to use...
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think obongo wanted the sunnis to eventually capture them
just like ambassador stevens
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

I think obongo wanted the sunnis to eventually capture them
just like ambassador stevens

I would not put it past this piece of shit administration. Obama has proven himself over and over that he despises America, Catholics and Jews.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fuck that....a very good friend of mine fought to the death in that province.  

http://jonathancollins.org/
View Quote

This is what is so sad about this whole clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Insallah?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How the fuck does ISIS/Iraq get better M113s than we had?

Insallah?

Exactly.  Unless they have turncoat US soldiers/etc to maintain them, they aren't going to run for very long.  Insh'allah.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Question: How many miles or time would you expect out of some of those vehicles before lack of maintenance stops it for good? Ball Park figure?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hows the visibility while driving one of thee M1 tanks? Seems all the Iraqi's are driving them right off into ravines. This is the second or third one I've seen in a ditch. These guys don't deserve to be driving around in our main battle tanks even if they're the monkey models.
View Quote

even real CDAT's put them in the ditch.. thats why you see the guy in the 88 brining up the rear, to haul out a hung over CDAT out of the ditch..
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Question: How many miles or time would you expect out of some of those vehicles before lack of maintenance stops it for good? Ball Park figure?
View Quote

It has a jet engine in it.  How long do think it can go for before it needs maint?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It has a jet engine in it.  How long do think it can go for before it needs maint?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe a full tank of fuel.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Just about everyone in uniform, especially those tasked with training and equipping them, agreed.  State Dept drove that train and that decision, not mil.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A Hellfire will ruin his day real fast.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Iraq has none. They ran out. They only have 2 operational Cessna aircraft capable of firing them.

RVN running out of material all over again.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do these tanks have thermal? Stabilized and compensated fire control?

And don't give me this crap about the armor being downgraded because it doesn't have DU. There is more to advanced tank armor than DU. What about all the other secretive shit? Do they have that?

Should have bought them surplus Warsaw Pact tanks.
View Quote

Yes they got it.

Rapid fire control on and on
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'll give you that one,with acknowledging that there was absolutely nothing stopping Israel from going all the way to Cairo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes,really.

That armored column was defeated by a bunch of assholes equipped with flipflops and  AKs. The Iraqis simply have no heart and no leadership. When the officers run,the NCOs follow,the jundis realize that dying for the cowards running away isn't worth it...It's entirely cultural why Arabs suck at war.

Israel faced a surprise attack and encountered Soviet technology they hadn't been prepared for, primarily Sagger AT missiles and SAM-7 Surface to Air Missiles.  They organized their defenses, adapted tactics, reduced their losses and in the space of 8 days, turned the tide on that front, delivered the Egyptians heavy losses of tanks and aircraft and drove so deeply into Egypt that the Soviet Union threatened military intervention.

Egypt and Syria landed sucker punches and were routed by Israel's superior military.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just about everyone in uniform, especially those tasked with training and equipping them, agreed.  State Dept drove that train and that decision, not mil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Warsaw pact defense contractors don't have the lobbying power here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Israel faced a surprise attack and encountered Soviet technology they hadn't been prepared for, primarily Sagger AT missiles and SAM-7 Surface to Air Missiles.  They organized their defenses, adapted tactics, reduced their losses and in the space of 8 days, turned the tide on that front, delivered the Egyptians heavy losses of tanks and aircraft and drove so deeply into Egypt that the Soviet Union threatened military intervention.

Egypt and Syria landed sucker punches and were routed by Israel's superior military.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes,really.

The IDF got their butts kicked initially because they underestimated their enemy. They rushed towards the suez with their armor without infantry support and ran right into massive amounts of prepared anti tank defences. It wasnt a sucker punch why they incurred huge losses, it was hubris.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Funny, we as citizens can't own or buy these but they sure as fuck get given to the worst of the worst vile in this world without as much as a scratch on them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How long before those jet engines for sale on the open market? I bet China and some other countries would be interested in looking at those.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Iraq has none. They ran out. They only have 2 operational Cessna aircraft capable of firing them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea I heard they only had about 300 Hellfire missles in their inventory.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top