Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Ohio State put a pussy on the chainwax!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Playoffs kick ass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
It's fun seeing 100 year old tree killing Bama fans talking shit about any other school's fans.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Playoffs kick ass.
View Quote

BCS would have matched FSU vs Bama, and the "champion" would be fraudulent.

The BCS was a widespread fraud.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Playoffs kick ass.

Without a doubt
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#6]
No, I have never thought that OSU was a lesser team.............always considered them a good team that the SEC happened to beat. But consider this...............before the SEC had that run of 7 NCs in a row, all I ever heard was that SEC teams couldn't hang with the likes of Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc................Southern football teams were considered "inferior" to Northern teams by people like Beano Cook and the sports media..........because they won a lot. What people get pissed at ESPN about is basically what others did in the 80's. It literally hurt Cook and others to acknowledge that there were good teams in the South that were capable of winning it all............

As I stated previously, these things are cyclical..............fortunes rise and wane in college football. All conferences go through this..............it's just the SEC's turn for a bit, but they wont stay down for long............and neither will Michigan or any of the other teams.............of course, if Notre Dame never wins again it wont hurt my feelings.....

Quoted:

Okay, fair enough.  As long as you admit that we are in the same league as you.  That because OSU isn't from the *SEC* they are some type of lesser team.

They showed that the best team from the Big 10 can hang with the best team from any conference.  Even the SEC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most people ( myself included) knew it would be a tough game and not a gimme. I pull for Bama, but never take these games for granted. Meyer is a good coach and I knew he was capable of getting OSU ready from his days at UF. Sims made too many mistakes, and the secondary was a question mark since the beginning of the season. Against a good team, those will come back to bite you

Tough loss, but not the end of the world............recruiting is going well, and thankfully they have a QB commit who looks to be the real deal, not to mention some great defensive players..........we will see you guys again eventually

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hilarious. Maybe the SEC needs to lower it's "admissions standards" some more to get more top recruits in. SEC is overrated. ACC and Big Ten teams have taken out the SEC's best the last two years.
really?    

both of those teams played a really really good game.  Ohio won by 7 points, it was no FSU/Oregon game.  

this is the arrogance people despise about ohio fans, don't take the victory with sportsmanship, throw it in everyones face.  

The fact is, many people (mostly SEC fans) were popping off at the mouth on how OSU was going to get steam rolled.  Was Bama the better team on paper?  Yes.  Was OSU having to start its third string QB?  Yes.

But they cam out and made a statement.  They beat the best team in the SEC.  Not only that, but 3 other SEC teams lost non conference bowl games.  The days of the SEC being in a different league than other conferences are over.

I am going to enjoy watching people eat crow over the next couple of days.

Okay, fair enough.  As long as you admit that we are in the same league as you.  That because OSU isn't from the *SEC* they are some type of lesser team.

They showed that the best team from the Big 10 can hang with the best team from any conference.  Even the SEC.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:29:48 AM EDT
[#7]
10 days until Duck season.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Get to the national championship with your 3rd string QB...... coach of the year Urban Meyer.

Go Bucks!
Class of '79.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:29:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was at the Oregon vs Ohio State Rosebowl. The buckeyes kicked out ass, both before and after, all the fans were extremely cordial.

I would believe that it may not be quite the same at a home game
View Quote

Mostly osu fans are chill minus the random dutchbags.
I do enjoy they random trolling of Michigan fans, truth be told I do root for Michigan to win until they play osu. I would love to see both teams undefeated when they play.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:36:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Playoffs kick ass.

Very true!

This partial playoff approach, also has exposed the ridiculous rankings, and "Strength of schedule" garbage for what they are.
TCU deserved a shot, and a helluva shame it is, that the populist bias had the Joke from Florida, playing against the Ducks.

This is MUCH better than the BCS crap, but still overly influenced by the "Rankings" that are obviously biased bullshit, and subjective criteria.

Best of each conference, brackets, and be done with it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]
As if my avatar doesn't give it away.....

GO BUCKS

PS - OSU beat Bama with a 3rd string QB.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

GO BUCKS

View Quote

3rd string's a charm!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do enjoy they random trolling of Michigan fans, truth be told I do root for Michigan to win until they play osu. I would love to see both teams undefeated when they play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at the Oregon vs Ohio State Rosebowl. The buckeyes kicked out ass, both before and after, all the fans were extremely cordial.

2006 part 2
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:44:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:45:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

2006 part 2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2006 part 2

I was there.

Have pictures somewhere. And a chunk of the field. (Last game OSU played at home on real grass.,)

I couldn't speak for 3 days after
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Great game!

Gotta say, OSU earned my respect big time in this game. I wasn't sure they deserved to be in the final 4, but they obviously proved me wrong.
View Quote

same here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Not a Buckeye fan, but very happy for Urban Meyer beating Nick Saban. I wonder if they can beat Oregon ? Before the blowout it looked like FSU was going to catch them, but that one turnover right the beginning of the half just cost them too much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Damm, I fall asleep and miss the tide getting rolled.  Good luck when you come here to Arlington bucks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Ummm.... Missouri won it's bowl game. And with a sick quarterback.

Quoted:
Top 5 teams in "greatest CFB division in history" are 0-5 in their bowl games.

Funny how they don't look so good when they have to play somebody outside their division.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#21]
So after 12 Gauge win's us the National Championship, who is going to be our starting QB next season?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So after 12 Gauge win's us the National Championship, who is going to be our starting QB next season?
View Quote

JT Barrett probably and there's rumors Braxton is leaving for FSU?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Playoffs kick ass.
View Quote

They do, and an 8 team would have been perfect. I truly think (especially by the end of the season) TCU is the best team in the nation...and they sit out. I would love to be proven wrong, by seeing them line up in a true bracket.

I really hope that's where the NCAAF ends up in the future.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard FSU or TCU.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They do, and an 8 team would have been perfect. I truly think (especially by the end of the season) TCU is the best team in the nation...and they sit out. I would love to be proven wrong, by seeing them line up in a true bracket.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Playoffs kick ass.

The initial response from many will be "no".....in fact if it were an 8 team playoff it could restore the relevance to some of the bowls that have been shoved aside.....4 games over two days...wow
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm glad we finally got rid of that popularity contest bullshit, because if the old system was in place, FSU and Alabama are playing for a national championship. I imagine there are alot of fraudulent champions in the past.

Still need 8 team playoffs though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've heard FSU or TCU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard FSU or TCU.

He can only go to a school that offers a post-graduate that OSU does not - which may be harder than it sounds, OSU is a huge school with a massive curriculum. And, there's no guarantee he's gonna stay healthy either...he's still not back to 100%.

But, I for sure see the motivation to leave.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've heard FSU or TCU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard FSU or TCU.

I heard rumors but just considered them to be just that.
Hard to leave a system he knows, and with him begin out this year he should have been able to put a lot of off the field work in to understand it even better.
To go some where and learn and prosper in everything over again in one year before heading to the NFL.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He can only go to a school that offers a post-graduate that OSU does not - which may be harder than it sounds, OSU is a huge school with a massive curriculum. And, there's no guarantee he's gonna stay healthy either...he's still not back to 100%.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard FSU or TCU.

Did not know that part.

Sure will be interesting, that is for damn sure.

I think all of his back ups have out played him, even Kenny G.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
O-H
View Quote

I-O
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Did not know that part.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard FSU or TCU.

Did not know that part.

He sees the writing on the wall, he won't be starting next year if he returns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is JT will get the reigns, I'd be working on gaining power in his arm as soon as he can, he seems lacking vs the other two.  12 gauge has power for sure and miller is a beast of a runner who can throw the long ball just not as consistently accurate.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#34]
FSU fan here. Since they got slaughtered yesterday and can't make it to the game: Go Bucks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if Jones wins the NC over the Ducks in only his 3rd start, what his chances would be entering the draft.   He is much more of the prototypical NFL quarterback than either Miller or Barret.  I personally think if he wins the next game, his best chance of going pro would be now.  Otherwise,  he will probably go back to backup status and be forgotten.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My guess is JT will get the reigns, I'd be working on gaining power in his arm as soon as he can, he seems lacking vs the other two.  12 gauge has power for sure and miller is a beast of a runner who can throw the long ball just not as consistently accurate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

after what Barret and Cardale have done this year not to mention that they clearly represent the future why would you go all in on Miller who is a senior and accumulating a history of injuries? I am sure Urban will lay the cards out for him after the National Championship game but if I were him I would go to a one and done scenario with another school in a minute....
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Without a doubt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Playoffs kick ass.

Without a doubt

like when Auburn went undefeated and never got a shot. and USC's title was vacated?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

GO BUCKS

View Quote

No shit. Could not have been done in a better fashion.

Not to mention that a WR threw one of the best TD passes of the entire college season, so far.

I didn't read all 12 pages, but did HunterKiller stop in earlier to say how great the SEC was doing so far?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank God the days of "Tressell Ball" are gone
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

GO BUCKS

View Quote

I think the first string running back did more to defeat us than the 3rd string QB, but he was damned impressive for a 3rd stringer.  I was not one of the ones thinking OSU didn't belong in this game.  I thought UM did an outstanding job this year considering the QB situation and there's no doubt in my mind that he should be coach of the year.  I hoped we would make a good showing in this game, and in the end, I think Bama did.  I'd have loved to come away with the victory, but OSU was very well prepared, very well coached and motivated to win.  Hope you Buckeyes come away with the title, and hope we get a rematch next year!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Tressell Ball got us a National Championship

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That may be true but it cuts both ways. I was treated terribly when I went up north for a game some 15 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's armature hour for both teams clock management wise.

No kidding!

Quoted:

Well I'm happy to see the SEC take a beating. Everyone said OSU had no chance.

OSU fans are a class act. Glad the Ducks will be playing them for the championship

Lol, not sure if serious? OSU fans are some of the trashiest fans around. Go there as a Michigan fan on Michigan/Ohio state weekend and then you will reconsider that statement

That may be true but it cuts both ways. I was treated terribly when I went up north for a game some 15 years ago.
Ohio State fan, you are better off being a Ohio fan at a Michigan game than a Michigan fan at Ohio game, I was setting in the Michigan Student section rooting for OSU at Michigan.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No some outstanding defensive players got the Championship. That first down bomb with 2min left gave me flashbacks.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm glad we finally got rid of that popularity contest bullshit, because if the old system was in place, FSU and Alabama are playing for a national championship. I imagine there are alot of fraudulent champions in the past.

Still need 8 team playoffs though.
View Quote

It's still a popularity contest. That's the reason TCU (and Baylor) was left out and OSU brought in. Popularity and brand recognition. OSU is awesome this year, but anybody wants to say they're simply better than TCU is blowing smoke. We don't know who's better, unless they settle it on the field. A 4-team field is still far too subject to the popularity contest, and that fact was exposed badly in the first year of the "playoff." FSU got in the playoffs, but they were by far the weakest of the top 5 teams. The selection committee said they were going to pick the best teams regardless of record, but FSU got in solely because of being undefeated, even though they had a whole bunch of garbage wins against garbage teams that they almost lost anyway. Despite the predictions of the boosters, FSU was blown out. TCU belonged, and the popularity selection of the four teams gypped TCU and every college football fan that wants to see a real champion on the field.

Here's a notion for the popularity contest: TCU beat four top-10 teams (at the time) this year, with their only loss being by a field goal to another top-5 team. OSU will have played three top-10 teams, and their only loss is to a team that did not win their conference, was not/is not ranked, by two touchdowns. If OSU wins a squeaker against Oregon, give me a reason to say TCU should not be ranked #1 in the final AP poll.

I hate the four team playoff less than the BCS, but it's still a popularity contest, and it is not adequate to settle the championship question for reals. 8 teams is the minimum to settle it fairly, and 12 would be better (top 4 get a bye). More than 16 is too many, but 4 is definitely too few. TCU got hosed. (I am not a TCU fan, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them. )
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Ohio State fan, you are better off being a Ohio fan at a Michigan game than a Michigan fan at Ohio game, I was setting in the Michigan Student section rooting for OSU at Michigan.

View Quote

I'd agree with this, as a Michigan fan living in OSU territory. My family is in the Ann Arbor area (two cousins played for Bo in the 80's) and I've been to both games many times. Seen a lot more venom directed at Michigan folks in Columbus than the other way around - but in truth, all rivalry games all over the nation have a bit of this. Auburn/Bama is a cauldron of stupidity, from what I've heard).

I think OSU cares a lot more about the rivalry than Michigan does, to the point they'll root against ANYONE Michigan plays, even when it degrades the Big10...which is 80 kinds of retarded. My uncle who's a die-hard OSU nut told me once that OSU fans hate Michigan more than they love OSU, which I believe is often true - and kind of pathetic. As a Michigan fan, I don't root for OSU often, but I respect them and love when they do well on the national stage.

But, I also know that a lot of fans of OOC teams that come to Columbus talk about how cool the fans are to them and how chill everyone is, so there's two kind of fans here IMHO...rivalry zealots (the douches) and the normal OSU fans...who are pretty cool.

And, like very big school with a top notch program, there's a disproportionate number of OSU fans who think they're the best team that's ever taken the field, even if there's no real evidence or record to substantiate that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'd agree with this, as a Michigan fan living in OSU territory. My family is in the Ann Arbor area (two cousins played for Bo in the 80's) and I've been to both games many times. Seen a lot more venom directed at Michigan folks in Columbus than the other way around - but in truth, all rivalry games all over the nation have a bit of this. Auburn/Bama is a cauldron of stupidity, from what I've heard).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think OSU cares a lot more about the rivalry than Michigan does, to the point they'll root against ANYONE Michigan plays, even when it degrades the Big10...which is 80 kinds of retarded. My uncle who's a die-hard OSU nut told me once that OSU fans hate Michigan more than they love OSU, which I believe is often true - and kind of pathetic. As a Michigan fan, I don't root for OSU often, but I respect them and love when they do well on the national stage.

But, I also know that a lot of fans of OOC teams that come to Columbus talk about how cool the fans are to them and how chill everyone is, so there's two kind of fans here IMHO...rivalry zealots (the douches) and the normal OSU fans...who are pretty cool.

And, like very big school with a top notch program, there's a disproportionate number of OSU fans who think they're the best team that's ever taken the field, even if there's no real evidence or record to substantiate that.

They've never forgot that game in 1902 when we beat them 86-0
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#47]
OSU better step up their game if they hope to beat Michigan next year!!!

Harbaugh + Wolverines = National Champions

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hey come on guys, lets tone that down a bit. I don't want to be looked at as SEC fanboys, and when Michigan loses a game EVERYONE around the country takes pleasure in it. I'd rather us being a very likable, no arrogant team.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, slow down.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I need the Big 10 to not be a national embarrassment.

I'll get back to hating on OSU when Michigan isn't embarrassing to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad spot for a turnover, OSU.

As a fellow Michigan fan, I cannot believe you are rooting for the fucking bucknuts.

Turn in your M, son.

I need the Big 10 to not be a national embarrassment.

I'll get back to hating on OSU when Michigan isn't embarrassing to watch.
No need for excuses. Just admit it, your liking of UM was all a big mistake and you now realize you are a real Buckeye!

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top