Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Species 8472?  Species 8472, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Species 8472>Borg Cubes>Federation.

My money is on the illegal aliens from fluidic space.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]

I prefer not to mix my Star Wars and Star Treks. It just seems WRONG to have to chose between Hans Solo and the new Captain Kirk.

And it is also a weapon thing for me as well.  I mean a phaser verses a LIGHT SABER and the FORCE???

Please...
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/GJe3LEq.jpg

ship size comparison.

I think a better fight would be the empire vs the borg.

This is what would happen to all the planets in the federation. Huge fleet of star destroyers hyperspace into orbit and turn them into

glass.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090821035107/starwars/images/3/3c/PlanetaryBombardment-SWGTCG.jpg
View Quote
I have been out geeked.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Empire all day
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Empire would crush the fucking Federation plus before anyone mentions it (tl;dr: stormtroopers only missed when they were commanded to. They raped rebel ass all other times)

http://i.imgur.com/w5MHii8.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFCBwob65Nw

Star Wars is fantasy and all about action, magical powers, glowing swords and war. Star Trek is science fiction based around philosophy, real-life science, politics and exploring.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Chris
View Quote

8472 simply did so much damage, mechanically, to the cubes that they could never adapt.

The Borg also fucking suck at tactics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

8472 simply did so much damage, mechanically, to the cubes that they could never adapt.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Cylons would handle that shit with a quickness. But they would have no defense against Federation negotiators. It's a rock/paper/scissors kind of thing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#10]

1: The Turbolasers of Star Wars have nothing in common with lasers. Not a damned thing.
2: Ignoring that, Star Trek of full of fucking shit. The laws of thermodynamics do not allow you to pull a "space magic" card and simply claim that a certain type of direct energy weapon is completely ineffective. The energy must go somewhere and efficiencies are never perfect. At some power level, any defense will fail. Physics, bitch.

Star Wars is fantasy and all about action, magical powers, glowing swords and war. Star Trek is science fiction based around philosophy, real-life science, politics and exploring.

Star Trek is not actual science fiction in any way and is not based on actual science at all (see above disregard for the laws of thermodynamics). It's techno-babble-magic with shitty writing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Eco hippie humanitarian outreach ships vs star star destroyers?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
1: The Turbolasers of Star Wars have nothing in common with lasers. Not a damned thing.

2: Ignoring that, Star Trek of full of fucking shit. The laws of thermodynamics do not allow you to pull a "space magic" card and simply claim that a certain type of direct energy weapon is completely ineffective. The energy must go somewhere and efficiencies are never perfect. At some power level, any defense will fail. Physics, bitch.
Star Trek is not actual science fiction in any way and is not based on actual science at all (see above disregard for the laws of thermodynamics). It's techno-babble-magic with shitty writing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This. ST is Science Fantasy, and fairly thinly veiled political commentary. SW is fantasy, too, mind you. SW defies reality in many ways, but for different reasons, and with less conceit. There isn't so much of an emphasis on political views in SW, so much as there is deference to the ancient tales of good and evil, temptation and salvation. SW works hard to tell us the old fairy tales of warriors and wizards in a shiny, neon galaxy. ST busies itself with teaching us 'lessons' at the expense of story and continuity.

But you gotta admit, 'turbolasers' are a BS retcon in response to ST fans smirking at 'lasers'. "Well, we Got TURBO lasers!" EU has it's fair share of fanboi one-upmanship, too.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you thought the science was bad in Star Trek, wait till you see Star Wars.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Star Trek sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Empire all day

Star Trek sucks.

Ehhh, I wouldn't say it sucked but it wasn't as entertaining as Star Wars.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#15]
A better fight would be the Empire vs. the Covenant.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would an energy sword be effective against a light saber?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wasn't that bad.... especially the whole glassing San Francisco and turning it inti a nuclear wasteland.
View Quote

Why would you want san fran glassed?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
That would be interesting but even then I think the Covenant would lose big time. Once again, the Empire spans the majority of the entire Galaxy while the Covenant is made up primarily of five different species and spent something like thirty years trying to conquer the UEG/UNSC which was far less in tech than the Federation and was probably similar in size to the Federation.

For the Empire, the Covenant is a regional issue for a Sector Moff to deal with. Hell, I think the Corporate Sector Authority can invade the Federation or the Covenant and not have an issue. Even the Hapan Empire can and they're aren't anywhere near the scope and size of the CSA or the Empire.

Star Wars Galaxy

Star Trek Galaxy

So on that note.....

Time to kick the tires and light the fires.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't that bad.... especially the whole glassing San Francisco and turning it inti a nuclear wasteland.

Star Fleet HQ and the Symbol of Federation Power. Yeah, the official capitol is else where but San Fran is the real center of power.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The thing is... is a Covenant Energy Sword the same as a Light Saber?

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That would be interesting but even then I think the Covenant would lose big time. Once again, the Empire spans the majority of the entire Galaxy while the Covenant is made up primarily of five different species and spent something like thirty years trying to conquer the UEG/UNSC which was far less in tech than the Federation and was probably similar in size to the Federation.  

For the Empire, the Covenant is a regional issue for a Sector Moff to deal with. Hell, I think the Corporate Sector Authority can invade the Federation or the Covenant and not have an issue. Even the Hapan Empire can and they're aren't anywhere near the scope and size of the CSA or the Empire.

Star Wars Galaxy

http://img15.deviantart.net/bcce/i/2015/115/8/7/star_wars____galaxy_map_with_bg_by_offeye-d4y2cum.png
Star Trek Galaxy

http://pre03.deviantart.net/9597/th/pre/f/2007/308/7/8/star_trek_unity_one_map_wp_by_joran_belar.jpg

So on that note.....

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5cb1296d9cd097f766ddd4ab944bf4b8/tumblr_nhmpbp5T6a1tp22cko1_1280.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Star Wars Galaxy

http://img15.deviantart.net/bcce/i/2015/115/8/7/star_wars____galaxy_map_with_bg_by_offeye-d4y2cum.png
Star Trek Galaxy

http://pre03.deviantart.net/9597/th/pre/f/2007/308/7/8/star_trek_unity_one_map_wp_by_joran_belar.jpg

So on that note.....

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5cb1296d9cd097f766ddd4ab944bf4b8/tumblr_nhmpbp5T6a1tp22cko1_1280.jpg

The argument that the Empire controls more space than, say, the Federation is not really valid. Perhaps the Empire's enemies are much weaker than the Klingons, Romulans, et al, and are more easily crushed. Their power is only relative to their opposition. It tells us nothing of how they would fare against others when we have never seen their enemies matched against one another.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He is 40% robot, so...
View All Quotes

So his brain is incapable of producing non-retarded dialogue?

I remember watching a documentary about the original Star Wars, how the entire cast figured it was going to bomb. Carrie Fisher went off on a major rant about how awful the script was, how no human actually speaks the way they do in Star Wars. George Lucas can't write dialogue for shit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I remember watching a documentary about the original Star Wars, how the entire cast figured it was going to bomb. Carrie Fisher went off on a major rant about how awful the script was, how no human actually speaks the way they do in Star Wars. George Lucas can't write dialogue for shit.
View Quote

"I hate sand."

I swear Lucas has never had an actual conversation with fellow human beings.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

You should hear his thoughts about sand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The argument that the Empire controls more space than, say, the Federation is not really valid. Perhaps the Empire's enemies are much weaker than the Klingons, Romulans, et al, and are more easily crushed. Their power is only relative to their opposition. It tells us nothing of how they would fare against others when we have never seen their enemies matched against one another.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Star Wars Galaxy

Star Trek Galaxy

So on that note.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_map9feCM8C1r3co2jo1_500.gif

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_map9feCM8C1r3co2jo2_500.gif

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140828132709/deathbattlefanon/images/7/76/Star_wars_darth_vader_galactic_empire_imperial_army_1280x800_68053.jpg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/40/Monument_Plaza_Mutiny.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150730045412

Actually size does play a part. If the Empire has the ability to project force from one end of the Galaxy to the other and do it quickly. That means their FTL and Comm tech is blindingly fast. The Federation is not but an Imperial Sector and it takes the Federation weeks to months to move from one end of thier territory to another. For the Empire that is hours.

Also that tech isn't limited to the Imperial Government but your average citizen has that ability.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#29]
The empire was defeated by Ewokes and teenagers. Federation FTW.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Empire kept fighting for years after that and the rebellion still never succeeded in defeating them.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Empire kept fighting for years after that and the rebellion still never succeeded in defeating them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, the rules state when Empower Palatine died, the rebels won. Didn't you see the Robot Chicken Star Wars Episode.

Finally found it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAOX_CHU0JY
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#32]
lol, NERDS!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

day one....

empire places jar jar binks in shuttle and drops him off at federation HQ...

day two...

federation surrenders and pleads for mercy. begs empire to pick him up.
View Quote
Worse.... they build a clone army of him and have him gonto every Federation outpost, space station, planet, and moon. By he end of it, the Federation kills itself.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn, I thought this was a conversation about the video game Elite Dangerous...  

Either way, Empire in both aspects.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
No...

The Empire lasted into the Fel Empire which was 130+ years after the Battle of Yavin.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Covenant destroyed every colony it came across, to the point that it glassed most unless there were ruins of importance. They would've crushed Earth if the schism hadn't happened and the Flood hadn't shown up. It was taking so long because they didn't know where the colonies were.

The Covenant Armada is comparable to the Empire in terms of ship size and armament, the Brutes and Elites have personal shields and both have the ability to glass planets. At the point of ANH the Empire had grown rather complacent from lack of any real threats, so the Covenant showing up would've really hit them unprepared like the Vong did.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Classic matchup: Star Wars vs Star Trek.  

I think the Federation has the technology edge in ship design.  Possibly small arms too.
Infantry sucks on both sides.
The Empire has magic, I guess.
Not sure about overall troop/equipment numbers or logistics.

And I don't know how well the Empire's shields would hold up against photon torpedoes.  And even if they did work, would they stop a transporter?   They won't help much of the Enterprise just arms torpedoes and beams them to the bridge of a super star destroyer.  

My gut tells me Federation, but I want the Empire to win.  So help me Arfcom GD, you're my only hope.
View Quote

Cage match fight to the death.   James T Kirk vs Darth Vader.

You know how it ends.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You know how it ends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classic matchup: Star Wars vs Star Trek.  

I think the Federation has the technology edge in ship design.  Possibly small arms too.
Infantry sucks on both sides.
The Empire has magic, I guess.
Not sure about overall troop/equipment numbers or logistics.

And I don't know how well the Empire's shields would hold up against photon torpedoes.  And even if they did work, would they stop a transporter?   They won't help much of the Enterprise just arms torpedoes and beams them to the bridge of a super star destroyer.  

My gut tells me Federation, but I want the Empire to win.  So help me Arfcom GD, you're my only hope.

You know how it ends.

Kirk fucks a green Twi'lek?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Kirk fucks a green Twi'lek?
View Quote

They make us all either cringe or laugh with corny dialogue?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Actually size does play a part. If the Empire has the ability to project force from one end of the Galaxy to the other and do it quickly. That means their FTL and Comm tech is blindingly fast. The Federation is not but an Imperial Sector and it takes the Federation weeks to months to move from one end of thier territory to another. For the Empire that is hours.    

Also that tech isn't limited to the Imperial Government but your average citizen has that ability.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Star Wars Galaxy

Star Trek Galaxy

So on that note.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_map9feCM8C1r3co2jo1_500.gif

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_map9feCM8C1r3co2jo2_500.gif

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140828132709/deathbattlefanon/images/7/76/Star_wars_darth_vader_galactic_empire_imperial_army_1280x800_68053.jpg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/40/Monument_Plaza_Mutiny.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150730045412

True, it does say something, but it's not proof in and of itself. In the old republic, the galaxy is split up by various factions more like the ST galaxy. But it does remain a fact that according to their respective canon, W ships are MUCH faster in hyperspace.

It gets even more complicated comparing the two (dismissing ST 'magic') in that ST ships are pretty much free roaming, whereas SW ships have to follow specific routes mapped out by the Rakata. I am not sure if the Empire/Republic can easily do this on their own. Anybody got any knowledge on that?

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#44]
They're able to jump and chart areas of Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. The Hyperspace lanes are simply regions of the galaxy that are useful trade routes due to a number of planets on them. Much like how towns spring up along railroads. Except this was the opposite. The trade routes sprang up because those systems were there. Also the major hyperspace are like interstate highways that feed into a ton of smaller routes. Hyperspace lanes are also areas usually free of gravity wells like stars, black holes, and planets. But nothing prevents a ship from jumping, going X number of light years, dropping out of hyperspace due to a gravity well, getting around it, and jumping back into hyperspace.

That's how the hyperspace lanes were discovered.

ST FTL never really describes the whole issue of gravity wells. I still think an Immobolizer 418 Cruiser will fuck up warp.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

They're able to jump and chart areas of Wild Space and the Unknown Regions. The Hyperspace lanes are simply regions of the galaxy that are useful trade routes due to a number of planets on them. Much like how towns spring up along railroads. Except this was the opposite. The trade routes sprang up because those systems were there. Also the major hyperspace are like interstate highways that feed into a ton of smaller routes. Hyperspace lanes are also areas usually free of gravity wells like stars, black holes, and planets. But nothing prevents a ship from jumping, going X number of light years, dropping out of hyperspace due to a gravity well, getting around it, and jumping back into hyperspace.    

ST FTL never really describes the whole issue of gravity wells. I still think an Immobolizer 418 Cruiser will fuck up warp.

View Quote

Where do you get this from? For real, not sarcasm, I'd like to know more about the lore. It was always my understanding that the hyperspace lanes were the only safe ways to travel, and  even then, it involved lots of computation to get it right. Solo remarks on it in SW, "Without precise calculations we'd fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that would end your trip real quick."

It may just be the cruft of EU and a lot of contradictory stuff. I thought the hyperspace lanes were mapped out by the Rakata using the Force and were difficult if not impossible for Republic/Imperial forces to do on their own. Do you have a source on this happening, and the effort/timescale it would take, and the risks involved?

We talked about this in a previous thread on this topic, IIRC. There was some debate as to whether the Empire could exploit it's hyperspace abilities in a galaxy they knew nothing about.

Offhand, I shouldn't think the ST ships would have much of an issue with the gravity wells. They can actually move (outside their warp bubble) at FLT speeds. No gravity well short of a black hole would exceed light speed. Maybe it would slow them down. Or maybe it would be like hitting a pothole, and jar them suddenly, perhaps break something, perhaps not. It should definitely throw off their targetting and nav until they realize ehwat is going aon and compensate, but ST computers are pretty trig. Of course they are also 'magic' and apprently operate FTL, too.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Where do you get this from? For real, not sarcasm, I'd like to know more about the lore. It was always my understanding that the hyperspace lanes were the only safe ways to travel, and  even then, it involved lots of computation to get it right. Solo remarks on it in SW, "Without precise calculations we'd fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that would end your trip real quick."

It may just be the cruft of EU and a lot of contradictory stuff. I thought the hyperspace lanes were mapped out by the Rakata using the Force and were difficult if not impossible for Republic/Imperial forces to do on their own. Do you have a source on this happening, and the effort/timescale it would take, and the risks involved?

We talked about this in a previous thread on this topic, IIRC. There was some debate as to whether the Empire could exploit it's hyperspace abilities in a galaxy they knew nothing about.

Offhand, I shouldn't think the ST ships would have much of an issue with the gravity wells. They can actually move (outside their warp bubble) at FLT speeds. No gravity well short of a black hole would exceed light speed. Maybe it would slow them down. Or maybe it would be like hitting a pothole, and jar them suddenly, perhaps break something, perhaps not. It should definitely throw off their targetting and nav until they realize ehwat is going aon and compensate, but ST computers are pretty trig. Of course they are also 'magic' and apprently operate FTL, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More time required for routes outside the normal lanes. Like planning a coast to coast trip without getting on an interstate anywhere. If your in Jacksonville Fl and wanna go to LA get on 10 and gas it. Same without hitting a interstate will require a lot more figuring. The mapped routes are just that, mapped routes. A star chart, the equivalent of a compass and pencil and a lot (a whole fucking lot) of time and you can work it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

More time required for routes outside the normal lanes. Like planning a coast to coast trip without getting on an interstate anywhere. If your in Jacksonville Fl and wanna go to LA get on 10 and gas it. Same without hitting a interstate will require a lot more figuring. The mapped routes are just that, mapped routes. A star chart, the equivalent of a compass and pencil and a lot (a whole fucking lot) of time and you can work it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you gays may be oversimplifying it, which is why I am asking about your sources. Everything I have read about SW hyperdrives suggests the lanes are not linear or even necessarily a 1-1 correspondence with normal 3d space. If it they were, it would be pretty trivial to work out how to get from one point to another, and yet it's all over the lore that they had to explore hyperspace and discover routes in a dangerous and painstaking process, and these routes were often kept secret from others. They have been mapping them for millennia in the SW galaxy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]
The facts come from the EU before Disney killed it. The Official Publications like the Star Wars Encyclopedia are my sources.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The facts come from the EU before Disney killed it. The Official Publications like the Star Wars Encyclopedia are my sources.
View Quote

I'm more of a wookiepedia guy, myself. I dunno, it's tough to even sort through all of the flotsam and jetsam of EU. Seems like every writer who ever worked in it set out with the intention of mary-sueing HIS sith or jedi into the mightiest who ever graced the galaxy, and HIS wicked Imperial weapon the most fearsome. It gets very arms-racey. It sucks the wind out of the movie stories to not have Palpatine have access to all of the awesome to which he supposedly had access. A lot of the EU stuff makes Palpatine and his Empire look like chumps, which I am sure is a huge part of the decision to de-canonize most of it.

I can't really say that's a bad thing, either.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm more of a wookiepedia guy, myself. I dunno, it's tough to even sort through all of the flotsam and jetsam of EU. Seems like every writer who ever worked in it set out with the intention of mary-sueing HIS sith or jedi into the mightiest who ever graced the galaxy, and HIS wicked Imperial weapon the most fearsome. It gets very arms-racey. It sucks the wind out of the movie stories to not have Palpatine have access to all of the awesome to which he supposedly had access. A lot of the EU stuff makes Palpatine and his Empire look like chumps, which I am sure is a huge part of the decision to de-canonize most of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree...

Palpatine underestimating the Rebellion was the major issue and down fall. Also he couldn't deploy everything after the Rebels because you had entire regions and sectors to control. The Empire was vast and powerful and at the same time fighting a COIN while trying to garner more and more support from the population. On top of all that you had the build up of forces in the unknown regions battling the scouting force of the Vong. You had border issues with the Hapans and the CSA. The Chiss while friendly were also a danger to the Empire, etc...

The fact that the Empire continues to shrink in the EU but not cease to exist and still stay as a major political, economic, and military power actually speaks volumes of it. For all the shit the Empire went through, it survived. Sure, they lost a lot but they didn't cease to be like the Third Reich. On top of that, the support that they had and still had was impressive.  

The Rebels could pick their time and place to a degree. The Empire had to be everywhere.

What made the EU great was that everything had to tie into each other. One author couldn't do something without a previous author affecting his work and all of it was actually reviewed by Lucas Arts.

The whole thing with the EU started with the Novelization of the films. That was the core work and it expanded. In the novels tings could be explained that couldn't in the films.

EDIT TO ADD

Also having stories that didn't revolve around the force was awesome! Nice reading some stuff about Rouge Squadron and Wraith Squadron. Reading material from the Imperial view point, etc....
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top