Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because they've been doing it for 2 years and have their egos invested in the failure of the president.
View Quote
Getting to say "I told you so!" is not worth Trump climbing into bed with Schumer and Pelosi.

No one wants that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Way to personal attack another poster, cupcake. I expect nothing less from you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he's such a failure. What is your net worth?

PS. Saw that same pic on Occupy Democrats....something stinks.
What are you doing on Occupy Democrats?
When your kids stop coming to the "retirement community", you start to spend a lot of time on the Internet making up stories in between tapioca enemas...

That's my guess.
I can't help it............"tapioca enemas".

What a fucking smart ass!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NeverTrumpers always see the negatives in Trump's decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just here to watch the trumps leg humpers who think he's some conservative messiah have a fucking meltdown.
NeverTrumpers always see the negatives in Trump's decisions.
Unlike the Trumpalos, who always see things clearly
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
We see the silver lining. We read between the lines.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Getting to say "I told you so!" is not worth Trump climbing into bed with Schumer and Pelosi.

No one wants that.
View Quote
What massive, terrible piece of legislation did Trump climb into bed with Schumer and Pelosi to pass?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The fact remains that 3 crucial senators used liberal talking points as their justification for voting no.

It is Congress's fault...........I can come to no other conclusion.
View Quote
Trump failed to convince 3 crucial senators to vote yes who were using liberal talking points.

Trump just proved that he can convince 3 liberal reps to do something.

So trump failed as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit, Trump is that rat pressing the cocaine button:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trump-calls-nancy-pelosi-chuck-schumer-news-coverage-242441

Upbeat Trump raves to Schumer, Pelosi about news coverage of their deal

The president called the Democratic leaders after striking a budget deal that Republicans hate.

Many Republicans were furious with President Donald Trump's budget deal Wednesday, stunned that the president quickly gave in to Democratic demands to pair hurricane relief with a three-month debt limit hike — though getting nothing in return.

But in calls with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi Thursday morning, Trump raved about the positive news coverage it had received, according to people familiar with the calls, and he seemed very pleased with his decision.

Trump specifically mentioned TV segments praising the deal and indicated he'd been watching in a call with Schumer, two people said. And he was jovial in a call with Pelosi and agreed to send a tweet she asked for about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, these people said, while also mentioning the attention the deal had gotten. He indicated to both leaders he would be willing to work together again.

"He seemed super upbeat," one person familiar with the calls said.

Another person familiar with the calls said Trump told Pelosi and Schumer their coverage was even better than his. “The press has been incredible,” Trump said.

Pelosi herself bragged that she had gotten results after asking him to tweet reassurances that Dreamers shouldn't worry about being deported over the next six months while lawmakers try to secure a DACA fix.

“I was telling my colleagues, ‘This is what I asked the president to do,' and boom boom boom, the tweet appeared," she said at a news conference Thursday.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trump failed to convince 3 crucial senators to vote yes who were using liberal talking points.

So trump failed as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact remains that 3 crucial senators used liberal talking points as their justification for voting no.

It is Congress's fault...........I can come to no other conclusion.

So trump failed as well.
That's your answer...........seriously!!??
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
the only silver lining here is that some previously disengaged dolts that never thought about politics much until the Trumpster fire kicked off, are now "woke" to the reality of politics.

some of us didn't need Trump to clue us in

but if there's another silver lining here, please do share
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he's such a failure. What is your net worth?

PS. Saw that same pic on Occupy Democrats....something stinks.
What are you doing on Occupy Democrats?
When your kids stop coming to the "retirement community", you start to spend a lot of time on the Internet making up stories in between tapioca enemas...

That's my guess.

Unfortunately, it's all the gas he has in the tank.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Still waiting.

Why is a 3 month debt limit extension to pass hurricane funding indicative of Trump becoming a full-blooded Democrat?  Not talking points.  Not memes.  Not hysterics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If someone can give me rational reasons why a 3 month debt limit extension is somehow the end of conservatism and means Trump is now suddenly going to go full Democrat, I'm willing to read it.
Still waiting.

Why is a 3 month debt limit extension to pass hurricane funding indicative of Trump becoming a full-blooded Democrat?  Not talking points.  Not memes.  Not hysterics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Still waiting.

View Quote
The reason Democrats wanted 3 months is because of the leverage they obtain. The end of the year makes it a high priority to get things passed and they can then laden those bills with their want items to get their agenda going.

Remember when Obama wanted debt limit extensions and the Dems wanted a longer extension and Republicans wanted a very short one?  It's all about getting leverage to push an agenda. Short timeframes favor those who don't control the majority and Oval Office.

Basically they showed they are much better negotiators than Trump.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread proves that #NeverTrumpers are Democrats. Some DailyKos, DU talking points.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To the detriment of reality and credibility.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The reason Democrats wanted 3 months is because of the leverage they obtain. The end of the year makes it a high priority to get things passed and they can then laden those bills with their want items to get their agenda going.

Remember when Obama wanted debt limit extensions and the Dems wanted a longer extension and Republicans wanted a very short one?  It's all about getting leverage to push an agenda. Short timeframes favor those who don't control the majority and Oval Office.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting.

This.  Going to be hard to get tax reform done -and- deal with the debt increase issue again before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This thread proves that #NeverTrumpers are Democrats. Some DailyKos, DU talking points.
View Quote
Which side is working with the Democrats on this issue?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting.

Thank you for responding.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Be careful, now one of them will report you.  Apparently, even blanket statements are no longer allowed when discussing the... Trump-disliking gentlemen of ARFCOM.

Their goal is to fuck up threads and goad members into "personal attacks."  They are only here to disrupt any conversation about Trump and the mods are allowing it for some reason.

It's a fucking shame that some people are buying their "oh so you want to live in an echo chamber?" bullshit defense after they post nonstop condescending remarks toward anyone who supports the POTUS.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your version of events are credible? lol

Trump makes a deal with democrats over the debt ceiling and suddenly it confirms everyone's suspicions that he is "closet liberal".

Nevertrumpers haven't been right yet so why are you so credible again?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

the only silver lining here is that some previously disengaged dolts that never thought about politics much until the Trumpster fire kicked off, are now "woke" to the reality of politics.

View Quote
I don't make predictions but I will say this won't end as badly as you want it to end.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The part in red is flawed.
If Trump was really sympathetic to dreamers, the easiest thing to do would be to ignore DACA and let it keep going forward.
I dont know exactly what Trump is doing. It does look like he's positioning this to hit at the start of mid terms.
I'm fucking disgusted by Congress and will vote against my Rep (R - Ann Wagner) in the primary and will vote for the most conservative candidate running for Claire McCaskill's seat in the Senate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/09/06/trump-sides-pelosi-schumer-gop-backing-short-term-debt-ceiling-hike/

Conservatives who oppose a debt-ceiling increase without spending concessions will celebrate that they get another crack at this in December, but the joke’s on them. The only thing Trump really wants from Democrats is funding for the wall, and he foolishly thinks that a big debt ceiling/shutdown showdown right before Christmas will increase his leverage to get it. In fact, it increases Schumer’s leverage: Democrats will inevitably support a clean debt-ceiling hike if need be, leaving Trump faced with the dilemma of whether to risk a default by standing firm on wall funding, which every one of his advisors will be urging him not to do, or to cave and embarrass himself. If he’s dead set on a fight over the wall, he should have insisted on a long-term debt-ceiling increase in order to take the risk of default off the table and focused on government funding instead. Ryan and McConnell are veterans of debt-ceiling brinksmanship and know from experience how stupid and futile it is. Trump’s going to learn the hard way. Maybe we need to learn the hard way too by actually hitting the ceiling. Let’s get on with it.

If you’re resolved to believing that Trump is playing eight-dimensional rather than one-dimensional chess here, the best I can offer you by way of a theory is that he wants the DREAM Act to pass and realizes that maximizing Schumer’s leverage is the easiest way to make it happen. Now that Dems have a new debt-ceiling fight coming, Schumer could hold out for a DREAM bill as part of it — and Trump, who’s sympathetic to DREAMers, could agree to sign it while pretending that his hand was forced. “That bastard Schumer is going to let the U.S. default on its debts if I don’t agree to this DREAM thing! I have no choice!” That wouldn’t be good for Trump’s alpha-male brand but it’ll solve his DACA problem, at least.

Exit question: This is twice in 24 hours that POTUS has scored an own-goal in negotiations. Has this guy even read “The Art of the Deal”?
The part in red is flawed.
If Trump was really sympathetic to dreamers, the easiest thing to do would be to ignore DACA and let it keep going forward.
I dont know exactly what Trump is doing. It does look like he's positioning this to hit at the start of mid terms.
I'm fucking disgusted by Congress and will vote against my Rep (R - Ann Wagner) in the primary and will vote for the most conservative candidate running for Claire McCaskill's seat in the Senate.
He couldn't ignore it if he wants it to stay. It was going to court, and would have been struck down. He bought DACA six months.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't make predictions but I will say this won't end as badly as you want it to end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want this to end with no debt ceiling increase and no DACA, and no cooperation with Pelosi/Schumer

I predict the debt ceiling will be increased and a version of DACA will be passed in congress and signed into law by Trump.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If someone can give me rational reasons why a 3 month debt limit extension is somehow the end of conservatism and means Trump is now suddenly going to go full Democrat, I'm willing to read it.
Still waiting.

Because you don't NEED a "debt limit extension" to pass hurricane funding.  It's a lie.  It's a liberal lie.

There is no chance of "default."  The 14th Amendment REQUIRES that paying our debt (and military pensions) has primacy over other spending.

The Default Myth is the boogeyman of Big Government Liberals (be they RINO or Democrat).
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
The people who condemn getting in bed with Pelosi and Schumer are Democrats?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do you think him working with Schumer/Pelosi is any different than him working with Ryan/McConnell?
View Quote
That's what's cracking me up.  The R leadership is bowing to them as it is, so what's the difference?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I want this to end with no debt ceiling increase and no DACA, and no cooperation with Pelosi/Schumer

I predict the debt ceiling will be increased and a version of DACA will be passed in congress and signed into law by Trump.
View Quote
And you think reality is on your side?

"No debt ceiling increase" with this congress? Yeah right!

"No DACA" after Obama got away with unconstitutionally dictating it? Yes, it will get legalized in some form and we can only hope Trump wins a border wall and some kind of reform.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#27]
When it comes to deficit spending, and debt limit, somebody tell me what is the difference between the demorats or the RINOs that control Congress at this time?

Somebody?

Is that our resident "never trump" on the top of this page but with different screen name?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Trump makes a deal with democrats over the debt ceiling and suddenly it confirms everyone's suspicions that he is "closet liberal".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know any nevertrumpers. And I'm not one myself.

I'm pointing out that your "god emperor" has no clothes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Head crash
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When it comes to deficit spending, and debt limit, somebody tell me what is the difference between the demorats or the RINOs that control Congress at this time?

Somebody?
View Quote
There is no difference. The RINOs do not want to shut down the government and will do whatever is necessary to keep it from happening which means negotiating with democrats.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Be careful, now one of them will report you.  Apparently, even blanket statements are no longer allowed when discussing the... Trump-disliking gentlemen of ARFCOM.

Their goal is to fuck up threads and goad members into "personal attacks."  They are only here to disrupt any conversation about Trump and the mods are allowing it for some reason.

It's a fucking shame that some people are buying their "oh so you want to live in an echo chamber?" bullshit defense after they post nonstop condescending remarks toward anyone who supports the POTUS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, what we have here is a bunch of leg humpers that think DU is where the ARF is supposed to talk and negotiate with!?  Does this make any sense too you leg humpers on here?
Do you really think that is a great idea?  I do not. Most of us have  never been a nevertrumper. We are the ones that do not like negotiating with the enemy!!!  But you people seem to think this is
great because Trump is talking great deals with the enemy!? That is a fucked up thinking! Plain and simple.  That is not 5D chess. that is a WTF!!!!

Why, it seems that you people think that if hitlery was a Senator and Trump was making great deals with her, you would think that is great because fuck the GOPe?  If you do not
see how fucked up this thinking is, you are just like the piss holders of obama but with Trump.

We support Trump big time. That is why we are complaining about him dealing with the Dems, the same Dems that want to destroy him! Do you like losing all the time?
I want more winning!!!  MAGA!!!  But you do not get it with doing deals with the enemy that wants to destroy him!!! Get it!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So of you guys don't know what playing the long game is
View Quote
We know BS rationalizations when we hear them...
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump is no "god emperor" and he has clothes. He is the president that is put in a position to either fight with the GOPe and eventually concede or concede to democrats without a fight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Because you don't NEED a "debt limit extension" to pass hurricane funding.  It's a lie.  It's a liberal lie.

There is no chance of "default."  The 14th Amendment REQUIRES that paying our debt (and military pensions) has primacy over other spending.

The Default Myth is the boogeyman of Big Government Liberals (be they RINO or Democrat).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you just said.  But I don't think anyone has even mentioned "default" in this thread until now, it's a red herring.  It has nothing to do with the conversation and nobody is arguing that it had to happen to avoid default.

If the debt increase for 3 months is as largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as it seems to be, then how is it simultaneously some big terrible betrayal against conservatives?

I'm not trying to be witty or cute with my response here.  I'm just completely lost at what I see to be two completely opposing arguments being made.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why are the Republicans in Congress planning to pass a short term spending bill before the end of the fiscal year and then passing another one ... in December?
Are those Republican leaders of Congress seeking to give the Democrats more leverage over the spending bill?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Somebody?

Is that our resident "never trump" on the top of this page but with different screen name?
View Quote
You will get no answer because there isn't one.   The notion of stop spending up the limit is completely unknown to republican leadership, who are now with single party control of all branches, still pitching the notion that they must raise the limit or face default.  So, now, answer me this?  What is the point of this limit if it is raised each nad every year without end?  What purpose is it serving?  What limit is it imposing?

The GOP has lost it's opportunity.  Face the horror.  They used the time they had to place one USSC justice and otherwise to raise the middle finger to the fucks that elected someone they disapproved of.  That's what they did, this is where we are now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There is no difference. The RINOs do not want to shut down the government and will do whatever is necessary to keep it from happening which means negotiating with democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody?
Glad we all agree

Now how are we going to fix it?
Trump? He has now shown that he is willing to go work with the Dems to pass their Liberal agenda
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Trump has just lied to someone? His voters? or to Nancy his new friend?

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Trump is no "god emperor" and he has clothes. He is the president that is put in a position to either fight with the GOPe and eventually concede or concede to democrats without a fight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn
Give up without a fight?

MAGA
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Muh debt limit!

It is a bargaining chip you fucking idiots. Give and take

If republicans don't want to unite and get shit done, you are going to have to suck a few dicks
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I think Trump is positioning himself as the power broker between the two parties.  Both parties have things they'd like to get done.  So far, the Republicans have just pissed off opportunities and the dems have been REEEEEEEEEing.  So Trump is saying that there is a potential deal for either side, if you're willing to negotiate.  He's basically Clint Eastwood from A Fistful of Dollars.  He's going to play one off the other in order to get his agenda passed.

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Glad we all agree

Trump? He has now shown that he is willing to go work with the Dems to pass their Liberal agenda
View Quote
Pressure the GOP as much as possible. Vote the liberal ones out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Damn
Give up without a fight?

MAGA
View Quote
Both would end the same. At least this way he gets hurricane funding quick and painless.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wooo woo, get on board the Trump Train.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why are the Republicans in Congress planning to pass a short term spending bill before the end of the fiscal year and then passing another one ... in December?
Are those Republican leaders of Congress seeking to give the Democrats more leverage over the spending bill?
View Quote
Republicans wanted an 18 month increase. Dems and Trump want a 3 month. It is Trump seeking to give Dems leverage.

We will have to wait and see how the Republicans in congress actually vote on what Trump and Dems agreed to.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Muh debt limit!

It is a bargaining chip you fucking idiots. Give and take

If republicans don't want to unite and get shit done, you are going to have to suck a few dicks
View Quote
Where's the take? A nice mention in the press for the first time in his Presidency?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad we all agree

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Potentially by eliminating certain liberal members of the GOP who would rather obstruct for favorable treatment by the left than advance, but that is not really anything but a very long-shot.  

Face the facts.  Fresh off the shocking result of a majority in both houses and the presidency, the GOP turned into a back-stabbing den of vipers attacking each other, their voters, and the new POTUS relentlessly.  Now the POTUS, that anyone with two functional brain cells knew was a bit of a mushy republican, has decided to work with those that are willing to work on the other team.  People that run for this office are not going to be people that are fine with just holding the title for 4 years and doing nothing other than fend off the withering attacks and demonization that goes with it.  They believe they need to make a mark, and they will work to do so.

I'm not here arguing it's a 4D chess move, I'm simply saying that it's not unexpected, nor inexplicable.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Both would end the same. At least this way he gets hurricane funding quick and painless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn
Give up without a fight?

MAGA
"Do it for the children?" 

OK
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Republicans wanted an 18 month increase. Dems and Trump want a 3 month. It is Trump seeking to give Dems leverage.

We will have to wait and see how the Republicans in congress actually vote on what Trump and Dems agreed to.
View Quote
You didn't answer the question, which is about the SPENDING BILL, not the debt ceiling increase.

Are the Congressional Republicans seeking to give the Democrats leverage over the SPENDING BILL by passing one to fund the government for the next three months and then passing another one three months from now?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top