Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 83
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a fake news hit job by those that favor Doug Jones stance on Issues:

• Everyone has the right to quality, affordable health care.
  • We must restore Alabama’s trust for its elected leaders.
  • I will defend a woman’s right to choose and stand with Planned Parenthood.
  • All children deserve a first-class education regardless of where they live.
  • College must be affordable without burdening a student with overwhelming debt.
  • I believe in science and will work to slow or reverse the impact of climate change.
  • It is past time we raise the minimum wage to a livable wage.
  • Women must be paid an equal wage for equal work at all levels.
  • Voter suppression is unAmerican – we must protect voting rights.
  • Discrimination cannot be tolerated or protected. America is best when it builds on diversity and is welcoming of the contributions of all.

How can the GOPe favor this?  Let me translate those items straight from Doug Jones website

#1 -  Doug is for universal healthcare much like Canada and the UK.  Becuase poor healthcare for everyone is much better than what we currently have.

#2 - I was told to put this in as an issue because a fake news hit job against my opponent was planned.

#3 - I'm for murdering innocent babies including partial birth murder.

#4 - Ubiquitis campaign statement that does not distingush a candidate from any other.  Safe statement with broad appeal.

#5 - I'm for forgiving existing student debt, and providing more financial support for college students at the expense of taxpayers.

#6 - I'm for expanding tax revenues and government control over everyone's life even if junk science is needed to support it.  T

#7 - I'm for ruining the working lives of many people in the unskilled labor workforce.  They need more job insecurities. Besides, the free market can never be trusted since this and capitalism has destroyed this country.

#8 - I'm for this because, even though women get equal pay for the same job, it sounds good to women voters.  

#9 - Everyone, whether an legal or illegal voter, has the right to vote in this country.

#10 - White people, the usual suspects who often discriminate, need to go to the end of the line.  I don't need their vote.

And finally, for my brothers and sisters on ARFCOM, I challenge you this:  Go to Doug Jones campaign website and find any mention of 2nd amendment rights.

A vote for Doug Jones is a vote for Diane Finestein's AWB which is much worse than the 1994 AWB.  That bill basically puts federal law on par with the recent California AWB laws.

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just cause your catholic school priests didn't rape anyone, doesn't mean that 10000' of others weren't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likewise. 12 years of catholic school etc. never even heard a rumor.
Just cause your catholic school priests didn't rape anyone, doesn't mean that 10000' of others weren't.
Sorry to hear your innocence was stolen from you, it doesn't mean it was as widespread as the poster I quoted implied.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What the deep state did here is to seize the momentum of Harvey Weinstein , Kevin Spacey et all headlines with additional accusations flying everywhere they'd fling this dung at Roy Moore because he is another conservative Christian outsider independent of the deep state and their operatives...and is opposed to their machinations and corruption...

They will fling as mud as they possibly can hoping to cast doubt and getting Republicans to abandon Roy Moore and get their boy back in...
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I hardly believe the man who refused to remove the 10 commandments from state house grounds would do that ... This is the Democrats new way of trying to destroy conservative candidates .. I would like to know where this accuser has been for the last 38 yrs .....
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, they just raping everybody up in here.
View Quote
Millions, possibly Billions were raped by the priests. Maybe Moore.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing more than the "october surprise" for this election. The SWAMP is desperate.

If people knew anything about Alabama politics, they would agree this would have been "discovered" long, long ago.

"...He has been a candidate in four hotly-contested statewide political contests, twice as a gubernatorial candidate and twice as a candidate for chief justice. He has been a three-time candidate for local office, and he has been a national figure in two ground-breaking, judicial fights over religious liberty and traditional marriage. After over 40 years of public service, if any of these allegations were true, they would have been made public long before now. "

That pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The original report is from The Washington Post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have to realize, the Media does not care if it is ture or not. They just need 1 outlet to say it then it goes around in a circle jerk....

CBS .... MSNBC reported this morning.....
ABC..... CBS reported this morning.....
NBC...... ABC reported this morning....
CNN..... NBC reported this morning
Fox..... CNN reported this morning....

Nobody every says they proved it, or even if it is true, just that the outlets reported it.

And it goes on and on.....
Oh, well in that case, string him up.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Convenient timing for the article. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but the timing is very suspicious.
View Quote
I am. My bullshit meter is pegging right now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have to realize, the Media does not care if it is ture or not. They just need 1 outlet to say it then it goes around in a circle jerk....

Nobody every says they proved it, or even if it is true, just that the outlets reported it.

Jeff Bezos owns the Post

McConnell calls on Moore to step aside if report on relations with teenagers is true Moore issued a statement denying the accusations.

One of those "bi-partison" deep state run false accusations
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
From a cursory reading of the article linked on Drudge, it looks like the
Washington Post went into great detail explaining how they got the
story.

WaPo reporters were down there earlier interviewing Moore supporters
and somehow managed to get wind of Moore's dating in the past. They
miraculously tracked down 3 to 4 of the women he dated when he was
younger. Oh, and nooooone of the women volunteered on their own
to come forward or first approached the WaPo wanting to tell their
story.

It is possible that what they allude to happened. But, if you read
the story carefully & pay attention to how they weave it & verify
it, it almost sounds too good to be true. The timing is suspicious
indeed. The lengths they go to in order to verify the accusations &
background seem "pushed" on to the story. I have seen much better
hit pieces than this; it is always more believeable when they let
verification come out in the later days rather than forcing it in at the
same time. Coming from Reuters or AP would have been more
believeable. IMO it is a bullsh*t story - The source leads me to think
that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Bill Clinton is the poster boy for disgusting conduct accusations.

He thrived anyway because the left are lewd, disgusting  hypocrites.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Mrs mother strongly encouraged her to date older men when she was in her teens.

Her mother wanted her to marry a man already established. So this type of thing being pushed here was not uncommon for that time frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why even mention the girls that were over the age of consent and dated openly with their parents permission?  This wasn't uncommon in the 70s. That one 17 year old girl's mother even told her that she "would be the luckiest girl.in the world" to date him
The Mrs mother strongly encouraged her to date older men when she was in her teens.

Her mother wanted her to marry a man already established. So this type of thing being pushed here was not uncommon for that time frame.
Yup. I have an ex GF whose mom was married at 13 to a guy that was 30, in the early 70s. No one thought it was weird or creepy back then
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmmm, I mean I can believe it cause Roy Moore is a scum bag, but 30-40 years ago sounds like a lie to tank his campaign. So I am gonna go with women are liars here.
View Quote
Are you saying that he's been convicted of doing this sort of thing in the past?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Several sexual abuse accusations come out against a republican about a month before a federal election. Where have I seen this tactic before?

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Luther Strange right about now: "So you're telling me there's a chance."
View Quote
No, there's not. Not legal to change the ballot 75 days out form an election, there.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Alec Baldwin molested me!" gd- "Kill him!"
"[whoever this guy is] molested me!" gd-"Fake news!"

View Quote
Yeah, we have some confirmation bias, and a whole lot of pattern matching.

Do Evangelical Christians have a history of sexual impropriety?  Some do, some don't.

Do Hollywood personnel have a history of sexual impropriety?  Most do, some don't.

The question is "Which bet is the smart bet, and which bet is the sucker bet?"
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah, we have some confirmation bias, and a whole lot of pattern matching.

Do Evangelical Christians have a history of sexual impropriety?  Some do, some don't.

Do Hollywood personnel have a history of sexual impropriety?  Most do, some don't.

The question is "Which bet is the smart bet, and which bet is the sucker bet?"
View Quote
The Hollywood stuff is mostly bullshit too, just a bunch of muckraking and media hysteria.

I hope Moore wins by a landslide.

Also FUCK JOHN MCCAIN. Cancer can't move fast enough imho.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#22]
He was drunk and identified as Bill Clinton.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No, there's not. Not legal to change the ballot 75 days out form an election, there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Luther Strange right about now: "So you're telling me there's a chance."
It wasn't in NJ either when Robert Torricelli was replaced by Frank Lautenberg. But it happened anyway. And SCOTUS was okay with it.

So there's legal precedent.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Multiple accusers - that's usually a bad sign for the accused.  (Weinstein/Cosby/Ailes/OReilly/Spacey)

In the middle of a political campaign - that's a reason to give it a higher degree of scrutiny.

I'm conflicted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Multiple accusers - that's usually a bad sign for the accused.  (Weinstein/Cosby/Ailes/OReilly/Spacey)

In the middle of a political campaign - that's a reason to give it a higher degree of scrutiny.

I'm conflicted.
Maybe this'll help.  

Judge Moor's campaign manager made this statement.
He has been a candidate in four hotly-contested statewide political contests, twice as a gubernatorial candidate and twice as a candidate for chief justice. He has been a three-time candidate for local office, and he has been a national figure in two ground-breaking, judicial fights over religious liberty and traditional marriage. After over 40 years of public service, if any of these allegations were true, they would have been made public long before now.

"Judge Roy Moore is winning with a double-digit lead. So it is no surprise, with just over four weeks remaining, in a race for the U.S. Senate with national implications, that the Democratic Party and the country's most liberal newspaper would come up with a fabrication of this kind.

"This garbage is the very definition of fake news and intentional defamation."
It certainly rings true to me.  If there actually was this type of dirt on Judge Moore I would think it would have been uncovered long before now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]
He's was my third choice in a 3 horse race, but Doug Jones is a liberal fucktard. I dread Moore's potential grandstanding a little less than having Jones, but I'll grin and bare it. This all sounds like typical Alabama politics....in other words, complete BS.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Moore will soon announce he will now live as a gay man.

#kevinspacey
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Likewise. 12 years of catholic school etc. never even heard a rumor.
Nor does it mean that they were.  So what's your point?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Left wing has no idea how this works down here - whatever they say or do makes people gravitate more to the other side. You honestly think Alabamians are going to run screaming "OMG he touched a tit 40 years ago I'm voting dummycrat" come on give me a break. The muckraking about Trump grabbing snatches INCREASED his lead here. Same with this latest load of crap. If they want to win anything down here it's best for them to go incognito. This will increase Moore's landslide.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
His brutal rapes,impregnations,and general adultery are widely known...there is a lengthy line of believable witnesses lined up against him for years..

The left ignores them and lifts him up...
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are groups pushing to make more sex crimes "no statue of limitations"
Think about that. Some girl could claim I did something to her when I was in college or law school, and even if I was 100% not guilty and not even in the same county when she says it happened, how would I prove it? How many people do I sitll know from back then? Who has my school or employment records? I could have been sitting in my security guard uniform at a desk with a bunch of cops and prosecutors walking by at the time she says I committed a crime, how could I prove it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmmmmmm, I mean I can believe it cause Roy Moore is a scum bag, but 30-40 years ago sounds like a lie to tank his campaign. So I am gonna go with women are liars here.
Think about that. Some girl could claim I did something to her when I was in college or law school, and even if I was 100% not guilty and not even in the same county when she says it happened, how would I prove it? How many people do I sitll know from back then? Who has my school or employment records? I could have been sitting in my security guard uniform at a desk with a bunch of cops and prosecutors walking by at the time she says I committed a crime, how could I prove it?
Scary part is, as some states turn a darker shade of blue, those statue of limitations could expire.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Left wing has no idea how this works down here - whatever they say or do makes people gravitate more to the other side. You honestly think Alabamians are going to run screaming "OMG he touched a tit 40 years ago I'm voting dummycrat" come on give me a break. The muckraking about Trump grabbing snatches INCREASED his lead here. Same with this latest load of crap. If they want to win anything down here it's best for them to go incognito. This will increase Moore's landslide.
View Quote
this person nailed it
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
He’s not wrong.

My great grandfather was in his early 30s and my great grandmother was 15 when they married. Worked out for them.

I can’t even stand being around teenagers much less being that kind of involved with them.

But we know TS, it keeps the check coming.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's got religion in it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Do they even have sex rehab in Alabama?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#37]
BUT, But is there a DNC/McCain paid 'dossier' that can be leaked to the 'free press' and BHO stacked 'intelligence' agencies in order to give this 40 year old allegation gravitas?

Funny how they were silent for 40 years, after Moore was elected judge time and time again, while Moore had a very public (national) battle to save the 10 commandments monument in his state capital and even silent when he was running a very public campaign against a McConnel GOP hand picked swamp creature named Luther Strange...crickets still chirped.

But then low and behold when he's getting to run against a DNC backed anti-American Dem the alt-left MSM 'finds' a story from back when 'Fonzi was cool' and its now REAL NEWS according the fake news MSM...lol. So why now? We know why.

We are on to this fake new smear BS now...BTW let me know when the 'free-press' finds stories on the Kennedy's, women dying, multiple rapes during the Clinton years and BHO showing off a full erection to over 30 women on Air Force one (yes there is a YT cell phone vid if you want to search)...but the 'free-press' (alt-left MSM) didn't care and kept it all under wraps.

My God these establishment swamp creatures and their media look more and more disgusting and biased with each day.

I wish I could vote for Moore, might have to send his campaign a donation now though...that how this is going to start working.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
His brutal rapes,impregnations,and general adultery are widely known...there is a lengthy line of believable witnesses lined up against him for years..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even when they are sitting in the gallery of the last Presidential debate.

Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Sure they did.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Sure, and Trump hired a bunch of Russian whores to piss in Obama's wheaties too.  

And if McStain is telling you to step down you know the right thing to do is stay in and fight.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know. It's complete bullshit. Statue of limitations exist for a good and common sense reason.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I may or may not have touched a girl 40 years ago.
View Quote
If I didn't I was damn sure wanting to touch one.  Or a dozen.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Allegations without proof should be treated as false allegations in the eyes of the law.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He’s not wrong.

My great grandfather was in his early 30s and my great grandmother was 15 when they married. Worked out for them.

I can’t even stand being around teenagers much less being that kind of involved with them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’s not wrong.

While I have enormous doubts about the veracity of these accusations given the context, honestly, this sort of thing was the norm for most of recorded human history, and there were reasons for why that was the case (established male who can provide for a female who has many years of fertility ahead of her in a time where most women were provided for rather than providing for themselves).  Due to shorter life spans, men and women were seen as adults at younger ages than they tend to be in more modern times, although some laws, practices, and such did carry over into modern times and persist.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

On girl claims they had a couple of dates but no sex when she was 14. iirc she even stated he did not know her exact age.

Another said they started dating when she was 18. Another says he asked one girls parents for permission to date her and they refused.
View Quote
How old was the guy at the time because back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for slightly older men to" date" underage women.

As far as I'm concerned, depending on the age difference, I don't see it as a big deal or a crime.

In the last 40 years statutory rape went from a joke or not that big of a deal to a capital crime.

Who gives a shit?. I don't.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't help but feel bad for Bill Clinton's love child born to a black prostitute. That poor young man looks just like him and has offered to take blood tests to prove Bill Clinton is his dad yet the MSM ignores him. I saw a YT vid of him crying saying he just wants to meet his dad and nothing else, he doesn't want anything from him. Where is the MSM on this? Could you imagine if it were Trumps black love child crying that he wants to meet him offering to pay for a blood test?

Media reforms are needed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I may or may not have touched a girl 40 years ago.
View Quote
You'd better step down now, good sir!
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Several sexual abuse accusations come out against a republican about a month before a federal election. Where have I seen this tactic before?

View Quote
Herman Cain rings a bell
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#50]
This will not change 1 vote in Alabama.

If anything it may get him a few more than he otherwise would have.
Page / 83
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top