Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've spent the last 3 hrs (real life time). Trying to find a 3 star badger.. Why are they like unicorns? Any tips on where to find one? I can camp out and make one spawn every couple of days but it's only a 2 star. I've got like 7 fkn 2 stars and the buck trinket doesn't work for the badgers apparently..
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
RE: 3 star Badger Pelt
I had the same problem.
On the map try near the E and M in the word Lemonye on the map.

There is a creek that forms an "island-like" terrain feature.
It is close to the squirrel icon.
ETA: Near Eris field and Ringneck Creek.

BTW I finally got mine after spending several hours and saying "Fuck it.  I'm leaving."
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone have a good source for a silver earring?

I sold the one I found in a shack before realizing it was needed for crafting.
View Quote
Hang around the outskirts of St Denis and kill women. No shit, I've gotten quite a few that way.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hang around the outskirts of St Denis and kill women. No shit, I've gotten quite a few that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have a good source for a silver earring?

I sold the one I found in a shack before realizing it was needed for crafting.
Ty
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been lucky enough to see 3 star badgers while riding around.

I normally ride with the varmint rifle and a Springfield or bolt action rifle handy and keep sn eye out for needed animals. Pop em when I see em.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My game seemingly wants to turn every 3 star deer pelt into 2 star now no matter what  I use for a one shot head kill.    Have tried every rifle combination and arrow combination.

Used to get 3 star deer pelts with auto aiming snap shots using the damn lever action.

Now I am boned with every 3 star being turned to shit.

I have one more satchel left before I can get the lengends satchel.   Need a perfect deer and panther pelt.

Also trying to do hatchet challenge on birds of prey is a pain in the ass even with the homing hatchet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Badger Map:

Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Ha ha! I just did probably the coolest thing in game I've come across so far. I'll put it in spoilers.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ha ha! I just did probably the coolest thing in game I've come across so far. I'll put it in spoilers.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
@TheTallest
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://preview.redd.it/eiakj07095v11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1cf8886e881fcdea9cf9246329fb94a829c2be6b

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Glad it wasn’t just me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@TheTallest
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
@TheTallest
Click To View Spoiler
@RaptorFuel
Click To View Spoiler

Dammit! Just got robbed walking into the tailor in Saint Denis and can't find the guy who robbed me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm late to the party and just ordered and am downloading now.  Have another hour or so before it's ready.

While I'm still trying to read the last 36 pages of info, I know I won't be able to.

Any suggestions on getting started?  Things to do, not do, etc?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm late to the party and just ordered and am downloading now.  Have another hour or so before it's ready.

While I'm still trying to read the last 36 pages of info, I know I won't be able to.

View Quote
Look up the gold hack and be rich the entire game.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glad it wasn’t just me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://preview.redd.it/eiakj07095v11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1cf8886e881fcdea9cf9246329fb94a829c2be6b

Click To View Spoiler
Glad it wasn’t just me.
Now that I know I'm not crazy, it's kind of a nice touch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody else have trouble with the dueling system? I must be missing something because I die fully 90% of the time there's a duel. The one bounty that results in a duel must have killed me 8 or 9 times.

I see you're supposed to "slowly press R2" but I don't see any indicators for how long or when I should stop, etc.  Apparently I either wait too long and die or release too soon and nothing happens. It's annoying to the point I'd rather they weren't even in the game.

Edited, because my phone prefers the wrong spelling of 'too'.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody else have trouble with the dueling system? I must be missing something because I die fully 90% of the time there's a duel. The one bounty that results in a duel must have killed me 8 or 9 times.

I see you're supposed to "slowly press R2" but I don't see any indicators for how long or when I should stop, etc.  Apparently I either wait to long and die or release to soon and nothing happens. It's annoying to the point I'd rather they weren't even in the game.
View Quote
Bottom right corner shows the R2 button and a circle kinda loads around it when you softly push it. You don't want to load it all the way because you'll be drawn on and shot. I usually fill half way then press down R2 hard to draw and I have plenty of time to hit my mark. It took a bit to figure out because they really don't explain it well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bottom right corner shows the R2 button and a circle kinda loads around it when you softly push it. You don't want to load it all the way because you'll be drawn on and shot. I usually fill half way then press down R2 hard to draw and I have plenty of time to hit my mark. It took a bit to figure out because they really don't explain it well.
View Quote
Thanks, I haven't been able to see the gauge at all. I'll look for that next time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks, I haven't been able to see the gauge at all. I'll look for that next time.
View Quote
It took me a while to get the hand of it, like pushing R3 in a shootout to get the bullet time to aim a bit better. I still get waxed all the time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Minor Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If one of your gang offers you an optional job do it quickly.
Not everyone stays around.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Have not kept up with thread.

Just finished the game, credits just got done rolling.

I felt connected to Arthur and the story, also felt connected to the epilogue which was fantastic. Game reminded me of why I loved the first one.

Totally down for Red Dead Redemption 3.... Starring Sadie Addler. Not guilty.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Look up the gold hack and be rich the entire game.
View Quote
I'd suggest against this.  The game provides plenty of money early on (treasure hunting, derailed train crash sight) to allow you to buy what you want.  You won't be able to buy every outfit in the game from the start, but you won't be broke either.  Unlimited money would take a lot of fun out of the game (incentive to do things to earn cash).

Speaking of outfits, I didn't care anything about them other than changing my hat... until yesterday.  A guy that I saved from a snake bite offered to buy me anything in the general store.  I browsed the outfits since they are the most expensive.  Now I feel the need to recreate outfits from movies (Clint's Pale Rider & Man With No Name, Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday, etc).  I'm still on chapter 2, because I keep getting side tracked by stuff like this. What a great game!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I felt connected to Arthur and the story, also felt connected to the epilogue which was fantastic. Game reminded me of why I loved the first one.

View Quote
No, no she isn't.

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
The game was definitely amazing. I’m wondering if Rockstar will just remaster rdr1 and sell it for a dlc package. I mean it’s reasonable.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#25]
By the way since this thread keeps coming and going (and eventually with the so many threads in GD it’s eventually going to get archived) we have a thread over in the gaming section of ar15.com. When online comes out I’m going to post peoples handles and their respective platforms so we can get together online.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Just got off work, picking up an electric fireplace for the wife, and settling in for some bloody Mary's and RDR action when I get home. Games addicting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Just to put it out there- Make sure you watch the credits upon completion.  Quite a few clips of game story that you wouldn't otherwise see.  I normally just skip but heard to watch, was well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Why don't they just have full nudity in this game?  It seems like a totally adult themed game anyway.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why don't they just have full nudity in this game?  It seems like a totally adult themed game anyway.
View Quote
If you are quick and shoot the wildman before he runs off you can walk over to his corpse and get some dong action, but you cant shoot it off unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you are quick and shoot the wildman before he runs off you can walk over to his corpse and get some dong action, but you cant shoot it off unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is a little strange...it is the last remnant of the Old West, after all..there are saloon girls, widows, etc, etc...I've even been propositioned in-game...but no way to respond. Even the bath scenes are PG-13. At least in RDR there was the excuse that John was married.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
In Valentine if you get a room upon first everything the town and go to the wrong room you can see a hooker riding a cowboy. They're both nude and you can see her ta-ta's. There's also that creepy guy in the woods who was creeping on chicks who took naked pictures of chicks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, I need some help. I don't get the hunting/legendary/crafting/satchel thing.

I've killed the Legendary Bison; got killed shortly after and got lost it. I have noticed it's showing up at the fence. I've just now killed the Legendary Boar. I get that there's other things I need to craft shit but why the fuck is this so annoying?

I can only carry like I've big item on my horse. I've been trying to get shit to increase my satchels but can't seem to grasp how the fuck you do this and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Maybe I just don't have the patience  for it. I'm literally still on chapter 2 and I just seem to kind  of wander around on my horse with no real direc. It's beginning to remind new why I never finished the first RDR.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone notice that after buying an expensive horse that attempted horse-jackings tend to occur more often?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The game was definitely amazing. I’m wondering if Rockstar will just remaster rdr1 and sell it for a dlc package. I mean it’s reasonable.
View Quote
I've been hoping for this all along. It would be perfect!

If the game ends up on PC (which I doubt) then it'll be modded in for sure.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I killed him in his cave.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've been hoping for this all along. It would be perfect!

If the game ends up on PC (which I doubt) then it'll be modded in for sure.
View Quote
It’s a possibility. The ending credits with Ross......
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Still in Chapter 3.  Been trying to get everything for the camp and at the trapper before getting too far ahead of myself.  Found a Trihorn hat and Viking helmet last night.

Am I the only one that when I sit down to play I want to throw my Western belt/holster with my Blackhawk on and sit in front of the fire next to my lever action.  Wish I never sold my horses
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I've played this game for about 6 hours. I'm wanted in every county and I've gone through about 6 horses. Always breaking their legs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've played this game for about 6 hours. I'm wanted in every county and I've gone through about 6 horses. Always breaking their legs.
View Quote

I play the complete opposite. Very, very passive. I don't bother anyone unless they bother me. But if you stop me on the road prepare to eat lead because if I suspect you're going to rob me I'll shoot you in the fucking face. I haven't even robbed anyone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
How the heck do you keep doing that? I've played for maybe 40 hours or so and I didn't even know the horses could break a leg until I read this.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where is this wildman I would like to kill him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@wpsharpshooter

I heard from a coworker today that you have to be passed chapter 4 to find the gator.  I spent 3 hours hunting for him the other day and never found him.
View Quote
Mother fucker, there goes a few hours of my time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I play the complete opposite. Very, very passive. I don't bother anyone unless they bother me. But if you stop me on the road prepare to eat lead because if I suspect you're going to rob me I'll shoot you in the fucking face. I haven't even robbed anyone.
View Quote
I pretty much kill everyone I come across.  I'll rescue women being kidnapped and men treed by wolves just so I can kill them myself.  I don't have a bounty anywhere but Lemonye county since if you do anything in St Denis there are 40 witnesses to every crime there.  Everywhere else I can kill and get away before anyone happens upon the bodies.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on chapter 3 and almost fully dishonorable. Oh, you want to sell me that treasure map?? Stab you in the chest. Need a ride to town bc ur horse died? Arrow to the face. Horse won't let me immediately loot it's saddlebags? Shotgun to the head. No more getting kicked for me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I pretty much kill everyone I come across.  I'll rescue women being kidnapped and men treed by wolves just so I can kill them myself.  I don't have a bounty anywhere but Lemonye county since if you do anything in St Denis there are 40 witnesses to every crime there.  Everywhere else I can kill and get away before anyone happens upon the bodies.
View Quote
That's how you play rdr2!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I do have to admit that I am curious if sniping someone from a distance would get a wanted. Like say you're on a hillside just outside of Valentine for instance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I do have to admit that I am curious if sniping someone from a distance would get a wanted. Like say you're on a hillside just outside of Valentine for instance.
View Quote
As long as no one sees you, and you unass the search area, you should be good. But, seems a lot of NPCs have some kick ass vision.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ok, I need some help. I don't get the hunting/legendary/crafting/satchel thing.

I've killed the Legendary Bison; got killed shortly after and got lost it. I have noticed it's showing up at the fence. I've just now killed the Legendary Boar. I get that there's other things I need to craft shit but why the fuck is this so annoying?

I can only carry like I've big item on my horse. I've been trying to get shit to increase my satchels but can't seem to grasp how the fuck you do this and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Maybe I just don't have the patience  for it. I'm literally still on chapter 2 and I just seem to kind  of wander around on my horse with no real direc. It's beginning to remind new why I never finished the first RDR.
View Quote
The parts from Legendary critters are used to create clothing at the Trapper or talismans/trinkets at the Fence.  As you've notices, Legendary parts automatically go to the appropriate place if they're lost or disappear from your horse/satchel before you drop them off in person.  Some of the Legendary animal carcasses can be sold to the Trapper for a fair amount of money.  At either the Trapper or Fence, you can browse the buy/craft menu and check each item to see what other ingredients are needed to craft it.  Some of the ingredients needed for talismans and trinkets can be found at specific points of interest on the map, and I believe certain others must be obtained by completing certain tasks like collecting cigarette cards.

Satchels are upgraded by Pearson (at the chuckwagon) in camp.  You have to upgrade the camp first (through the ledger at Dutch's tent) in order to unlock the leather working tools.  Once that's done, you can start upgrading the satchels.  Again, the menu will show you the required ingredients for each satchel.  In addition to three perfect pelts/skins per satchel, there is also an additional requirement for each one; such as upgrading the camp provisions wagon, donating $50 to camp funds, etc.  Before gathering stuff for the satchels, though, track down the Legendary Buck so you can get the Buck Antler Trinket.  It'll help with getting those perfect pelts.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top