Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the Mongols adopt the Gadsden Flag to be their replacement patch.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Have a buddy associated with another well known club who said they were talking about this. Their plan was "fuck it, well merchandise the fuck outta fully patched cuts and sell them to EVERYONE cheap at every rally we can get to, and make it a 1A issue. Then design a new cut for members down the line."

Pretty smart solution imo.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a good ruling.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In before the Mongols adopt the Gadsden Flag to be their replacement patch.
View Quote
Won’t be a issue unless they can trademark it
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think you'd have to be kind of a puss gang member if you give up wearing your patches because a federal judge says so
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple of years. I think a judge ruled against the feds seizure of their colors a few years ago so they could continue wearing them. Saw a half dozen at a bar wearing them a few weeks ago so I assume they won that case. Of course outlaws will outlaw so perhaps not.
I think you'd have to be kind of a puss gang member if you give up wearing your patches because a federal judge says so
Until they seize the bikes of the guys wearing them...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a RICO to far to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Indeed,  a slippery slope, if this stands. Next multiple shooting could the boltface logo be verboten?
View Quote
All them people wearing crosses are the next Richard Jewell, oops I mean Eric Rudolph.  Better send the FBI after them next!
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I won’t white knight for trailer trash gangs on bikes but this sets a dangerous precedent. Imagine all the other ways broad RICO cases could be abused and think about who makes those decisions.

Guilt by association has no place in a free country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha ha!
I won’t white knight for trailer trash gangs on bikes but this sets a dangerous precedent. Imagine all the other ways broad RICO cases could be abused and think about who makes those decisions.

It's over reach in pursuit of profit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So what 1% club is this, because I call B.S.
View Quote
I told the truth. Call bullshit if you want. I really don't care.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have a buddy associated with another well known club who said they were talking about this. Their plan was "fuck it, well merchandise the fuck outta fully patched cuts and sell them to EVERYONE cheap at every rally we can get to, and make it a 1A issue. Then design a new cut for members down the line."

View Quote
You need new buddies
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ha ha!
View Quote
this very unconstitutional I fully disagree.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
This right here. It’s really sad what’s happening.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:16:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you fly the Jolly Roger, don't cry when you get treated like a pirate.
View Quote
Same for NRA, GO A, FPC, and other patches.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah omgs are just like arfcom
View Quote
Never surf Twatter, we absolutely are. "They hate you and want you dead." Kurt Schlicter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How is this even remotely Constitutional?
View Quote
It is not. It is not even evenly applied.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:22:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When you join a gang, whose entire purpose is to make money doing crime, it’s not guilt by association.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ha ha!

When you join a gang, whose entire purpose is to make money doing crime, it’s not guilt by association.
You belong to an organization of trained killers that have members that have committed war crimes, rapes, murders, smuggled drugs, weapons, tortured, and even killed puppies. You might want to think about rules that can twisted by lefties who might turn on you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not really.the forum doesn’t exist for the purposes of criminal activity like a gang does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Applying that to forum membership is a sobering thought.
Not really.the forum doesn’t exist for the purposes of criminal activity like a gang does.
Wanna' buy a bumpstock?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree, that's smart thinking.  Once you make it a First Amendment issue, the game will get REALLY interesting and won't go well for the feds.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#21]
An Orange County jury decided Friday that the Mongols motorcycle gang should be stripped of its trademarked logo in a first-of-its-kind verdict, federal prosecutors said.

The jury in U.S. District Court in Santa Ana previously found Mongol Nation, the entity that owns the image of a Mongol warrior on a chopper, guilty of racketeering and conspiracy.

The verdict caps an unusual decade-long quest by prosecutors to dismantle the gang responsible for drug dealing and murder by seizing control of the trademark they said was core to the gang’s identity.

Gang members were “empowered by these symbols that they wear like armor,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Welk said.

The effort to take the logo followed the racketeering convictions of 77 gang members in 2008 after U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents infiltrated the gang.

Four male ATF agents became “full-patch” members and four female agents posed as their girlfriends during the lengthy investigation.

“Being a Mongol promises you one of two things – death or prison,” a member told one of the agents who received a coveted patch, prosecutors said.

More
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mr. Counsel, what is, guilt by association for 200.

Today Mongols patches.
Tomorrow? Gadsden flags.
The week after? Anyone driving a pickup truck.

See... here's how it works.
Rico case based on colors/patches/rockers only.
Not by legitimate evidence.

Want a Rico case? Catch and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that members are guilty of a crime, and have committed a crime.

Conspiracy charges applied merely by what some beer bellied hog rider wears?
Wait til the thought police find GD....

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
An Orange County jury decided Friday that the Mongols motorcycle gang should be stripped of its trademarked logo in a first-of-its-kind verdict, federal prosecutors said.

The jury in U.S. District Court in Santa Ana previously found Mongol Nation, the entity that owns the image of a Mongol warrior on a chopper, guilty of racketeering and conspiracy.

The verdict caps an unusual decade-long quest by prosecutors to dismantle the gang responsible for drug dealing and murder by seizing control of the trademark they said was core to the gang’s identity.

Gang members were “empowered by these symbols that they wear like armor,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Welk said.

The effort to take the logo followed the racketeering convictions of 77 gang members in 2008 after U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents infiltrated the gang.

Four male ATF agents became “full-patch” members and four female agents posed as their girlfriends during the lengthy investigation.

“Being a Mongol promises you one of two things – death or prison,” a member told one of the agents who received a coveted patch, prosecutors said.

More
View Quote
It would be interesting to hear more about the female agents experience. "Girlfriend" is a pretty loose term in that world.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
You want dead cops ??..."Cause that's how you get dead cops.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Funny how people hardly ever think that far ahead.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Non US Citizen Hell's Angels are barred from entering the US.

But the NRA ect aren't criminal organizations.....
View Quote
not true.lots of over seas HAs here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you fly the Jolly Roger, don't cry when you get treated like a pirate.
View Quote
Yep. Lie down with dogs (and Mongols), get up with fleas.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, do you think the next liberal administration is going to go easy on us........
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Then they become an outlaw Uber gang.

"Lyft to ride, ride to Lyft"
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't think all the Mongols got the message.

There was 4-5 of them in Ybor tonight wearing their cuts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The level of ignorance about gangs in this thread is amazing.
View Quote
And irrelevant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't think all the Mongols got the message.

There was 4-5 of them in Ybor tonight wearing their cuts.
View Quote
Lol, good. Something along the lines of, "They've made their ruling, now let's see them enforce it."
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#34]
This is not good for anyone.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This right here. It's really sad what's happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't white knight for trailer trash gangs on bikes but this sets a dangerous precedent. Imagine all the other ways broad RICO cases could be abused and think about who makes those decisions.

This right here. It's really sad what's happening.
And people here are cheering it on simply because of WHO it's currently being done to......this time
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
The day we all became Mongols
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not really.the forum doesn't exist for the purposes of criminal activity like a gang does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not really.the forum doesn't exist for the purposes of criminal activity like a gang does.
think about it a bit more

when our guns are illegal or they start labeling us as a 'hate speech" site you can bet they will try to shut it down
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What’s worse is they were wearing them at a bar in a town known to be Outlaws territory. I couldn’t recall if those two groups were feuding or not but since the latter frequents that establishment I figured they were ballsy enough. Unfortunately no Outlaws came in to provide the evenings entertainment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple of years. I think a judge ruled against the feds seizure of their colors a few years ago so they could continue wearing them. Saw a half dozen at a bar wearing them a few weeks ago so I assume they won that case. Of course outlaws will outlaw so perhaps not.
What’s worse is they were wearing them at a bar in a town known to be Outlaws territory. I couldn’t recall if those two groups were feuding or not but since the latter frequents that establishment I figured they were ballsy enough. Unfortunately no Outlaws came in to provide the evenings entertainment.
Last I heard Outlaws are affiliated with H A
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Pretty sure until internet forums and other clubs start requiring you to commit a violent felony witnessed by a full patch member to gain entry they are safe from being designated as an ongoing criminal enterprise.
View Quote
Except none of that is true.  Keep spewing bullshit though. Its amuzing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yeah, if the Mongols was an open membership motorcycle club you would have a point.

You can't become a Mongols member without a current member witnessing you commit a violent felony to gain your membership. They instituted this rule after the ATF infiltrated them because they know that undercover law enforcement, who can otherwise do certain things like sell/use drugs and commit other crimes for the furtherance of their role, draws a hard line at committing felony assaults in furtherance of their investigation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course the argument can also be made that not everyone is there for the same reason. I'm sure there are some who just like dressing up like a pirate on the weekends and hugging other men while calling each other bro.
Yeah, if the Mongols was an open membership motorcycle club you would have a point.

You can't become a Mongols member without a current member witnessing you commit a violent felony to gain your membership. They instituted this rule after the ATF infiltrated them because they know that undercover law enforcement, who can otherwise do certain things like sell/use drugs and commit other crimes for the furtherance of their role, draws a hard line at committing felony assaults in furtherance of their investigation.
Bullshit.

And fuck the Mongols.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I always figured the felony in thing was a myth since LE still manages to infiltrate them.
View Quote
It is.  He's full of shit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It used to be a lot looser and they would accept guys who snorted(or appeared to snort) meth with them and got in bar fights and was an all around good biker bro, when that policy lead to many of their members going to prison after a couple federal undercovers infiltrated them they reacted and changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always figured the felony in thing was a myth since LE still manages to infiltrate them.
It used to be a lot looser and they would accept guys who snorted(or appeared to snort) meth with them and got in bar fights and was an all around good biker bro, when that policy lead to many of their members going to prison after a couple federal undercovers infiltrated them they reacted and changed.
You were either told a lie, and are repeating that lie, or you're a liar. But that's a lie.

And fuck the Mongols.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, fuck someone should tell the HA members from Norway I drank with at sturgis a few years back they weren't allowed here!  So many know it alls here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mongols may be bad guys, but this is damn scary, slippery slope shit.

The D's get in full power, NRA members, ARFcom members, etc. Could easily have the same ruling screw us.

No they aren't. Where do you people get this shit from? Make it up or foolishly believe outlandish bullshit you get told?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Last I heard Outlaws are affiliated with H A
View Quote
LOL

You've never heard that, not once.

I'm backing out of this thread, too many lies in here.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Don't know anything bout MC gangs 'cept they never bothered me and I never bothered them (back in the day when I might stop in a random bar on a road trip)

Anyway, here are some maps I found. No idea how current or legit.

Carry on then
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top