Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not worth it guys.  While he sits and types, I’m catching a plane to DC for court. But hey, it’s not a real fight.
View Quote
Have a safe flight and GIVE EM HELL!
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Honestly I listed them because I can recall their commercials, and I have a few shirts from WWP runs I've participated in.  You did get the general idea though.

It is IMHO that any attempt to win anything while playing in their courts is a waste of time.  Like the final call in the playoffs this year.  No matter how wrong it is we are told to accept it. I have tried at the state level. I have picketted in front of Fl rep tom lees office, wrote, called, and all I can get is a phone call from him.  Never a sit down meeting.  They do not care about us.  Either party.

When the MSD bill was going on here in Fl I  tried to participate with @miami_jbt, but he never once responded to me.  I offered in threads, and by IM.  So I began a one man fight against lee and galvano.
View Quote
Glad you're going grass roots on them.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With all due respect Sir, I have no praise for you based on performance. You are probably a great guy, but as far as praise goes..................
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look Marion, we did our best. It’s not over yet. Next time y’all meet for the second amendment coalition, make sure you take adequate minutes.
With all due respect Sir, I have no praise for you based on performance. You are probably a great guy, but as far as praise goes..................

Seriously??
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Not worth it guys.  While he sits and types, I’m catching a plane to DC for court. But hey, it’s not a real fight.
View Quote
Thank you. You have to spar to help be prepared when the big fights come along.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Honestly I listed them because I can recall their commercials, and I have a few shirts from WWP runs I've participated in.  You did get the general idea though.

It is IMHO that any attempt to win anything while playing in their courts is a waste of time.  Like the final call in the playoffs this year.  No matter how wrong it is we are told to accept it. I have tried at the state level. I have picketted in front of Fl rep tom lees office, wrote, called, and all I can get is a phone call from him.  Never a sit down meeting.  They do not care about us.  Either party.

When the MSD bill was going on here in Fl I  tried to participate with @miami_jbt, but he never once responded to me.  I offered in threads, and by IM.  So I began a one man fight against lee and galvano.
View Quote
@disparcher91

Dude, I honestly don't remember if you offered assistance. If you did and I fucked up I'm sorry. I'm willing to work with just about anyone that advances freedom. Honestly man, sorry if I never responded.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So that means Kavanaugh denied as well?

Wow much 2A, such conservative!
View Quote
He was the least conservative out of Trump's short list. One of the others would have been a better pick.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whether we agree or like what someone says is a fundamental idea of the US.  If we begin kicking people out not for COC violations, instead because they criticized one who should not be criticized.  Sounds like "some animals are more equal than others". Or exactly what does occur at the DU.  Many of us discovered that while trolling them.
View Quote
We aren't. Nobody is asking for that. You incorrectly inferred that some posters in this thread wanted to 'ban' BRN.

Voicing an opinion invites criticism. As much as BRN is free to post some dumb shit, I am free to criticize that opinion. Normally, "you won't last long" refers to the trolls' and retreads' inability to comply with the Avila's standing rules for the freedom of association regarding posting on their website.

You aren't saying that we shouldn't be free to criticize BRN's opinion, are you?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
If the referee is armed, it's a fight.

By the way, thanks. I don't have a bump-fire stock in this fight... but now I want one. Spit in the eye, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Give them Hell Nolo!
View Quote
make them eat shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
King Henry:
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger. . .

Henry V -  Act 3, Scene 1
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Post up the 2A court cases you have won.............I will wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look Marion, we did our best. It's not over yet. Next time y'all meet for the second amendment coalition, make sure you take adequate minutes.
Post up the 2A court cases you have won.............I will wait.
Agreed. Post them wins, boy.

@BRN-180
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No, its all about play calling.

You use one strategy when you're in the opponents red-zone with a first and ten.   You use a completely different strategy when you're on your own 1 yard line, with a 3rd and 20.

Keep pretending that the conditions on the field don't matter.  See how that goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh give me a break.

What I see is similar to that 80% plastic lowers company that got all of its customers' names vacuumed up by the Federal agencies a few years back.

Or the California idiots that decided that programming the entire AR15 sequence into a CNC machine and having customers show up and press "start" should be considered self-builds.  (Which resulted in California stomping gun owners with laws against self-built firearms).

A small segment of gun owners are convincing themselves that a decade old gimmick / toy is so indispensable to freedom that common ownership of all semi-autos should be put at risk from the flack that will result from this legal battle.

And the worst part of it is, anyone could have built a bump stock of their own (or something nearly equivalent) for decades.   This only became an issue when some fly-by-night entrepreneurs decided to monetize the idea and get rich convincing people that there would really be no fall out creating an entire industry out of a loophole when its clear that Americans have never changed their animosity against machine guns / full auto fire.

I'm a realist.   Whether or not we agree on the "utility" of bump stocks is not the issue.   The issue is that I'm right on the rest:   There will NOT be a victory on bump stocks in the courts; and even if there were, the result will not increase freedom, but will result in "all the bad things" getting dumped into the resulting federal legislation:   Serialized barrels; semi-autos banned if they don't have pneumatic rotary dampers on the triggers to delay trigger resets for .5 seconds between shots; ammo purchase and storage restrictions.   ALL of which fuck us up much worse.

There is a REASON the people at the NRA did their best to sweep bump stocks off the stage quietly and through administrative action rather than having the lunatics in Congress playing with new legislation.  The NRA is pretty smart about this shit.   We should give them some credit.   Well, its air through the engine, the gambit has been played; we'll see whether gun owners and gun rights are better off or worse off in 5 years because of the great "bump stock" matters.    I know what I think will happen.   We will have to see.
So don't do anything for fear that the overlords will pass more laws?

I fucking hate this mentality, especially when it's coupled with a little "I'm smarter than the rest of you, why can't you see that?"
No, its all about play calling.

You use one strategy when you're in the opponents red-zone with a first and ten.   You use a completely different strategy when you're on your own 1 yard line, with a 3rd and 20.

Keep pretending that the conditions on the field don't matter.  See how that goes.
Indeed. Politics have a calculation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@BRN-180
View Quote
The retread needs dumped out on the curb, it's garbage day in ARFville.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
This seems appropriate for the current discussion.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

- Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value.

- Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776
There were some smart and astute men alive then. I am continually humbled by them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#17]
GO NOLO!!
I need that on a hat!
Thank you for taking the fight to them.
It takes a brave man to charge a hill knowing the odds are against him.
Cowards sit at home and say its to steep don't even try.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
nah.  let him stay.  i welcome his opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@BRN-180
The retread needs dumped out on the curb, it's garbage day in ARFville.
nah.  let him stay.  i welcome his opinion.
I think we may have already chased him off.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
NOLO kindly turned down my request for a 'cash card' with which he could use to acquire some 'beverage of his choice', as a Thank You.
The name of his firm has been mentioned here, Just Saying.
NOLO, I'm not up on the Latin Legalese, however any attempt to 'Motion My Sub-Penis' will be in vain Precious Brother!
Thanks For Fighting For US.
This is only the Beginning Of The Assault On Our Rights.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Look Marion, we did our best. It’s not over yet. Next time y’all meet for the second amendment coalition, make sure you take adequate minutes.
View Quote
I really appreciate your efforts and fighting for all freedom loving citizens.  Is this “it”?  Is their a next step?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really appreciate your efforts and fighting for all freedom loving citizens.  Is this “it”?  Is their a next step?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the non-lawyers? Network and prepare.

Nolo worst case is holding the dam a little while longer before it breaks, best case sets the assholes back a few decades. I'm thankful for either.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would have just told him to go fuck himself.  But that works too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Question, are the members of groups like the Madison Society Foundation still protected under a stay or whatever that legal clause/wording stated?

I feel like Forrest Gump trying to read and decipher all this legal stuff.

In Forrest's voice, "I might not be a smart man NOLO but I know legal writing when I see it and I need help understanding it."
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Question, are the members of groups like the Madison Society Foundation still protected under a stay or whatever that legal clause/wording stated?

In Forrest's voice, "I might not be a smart man NOLO but I know legal writing when I see it and I need help understanding it."
View Quote
To answer your question, NO.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So owning a bumpstock is illegal for everyone ? @Wangstang
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#27]
MAGA
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Something something "8 year assault on the 2A is over" something something......
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Is this a total dead end or are any of the cases going to be appealed up to SCOTUS?  The stays were denied but that doesn't mean there can't be an appeal, right? What level of the court system is the case at anyway?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What level of the court system is the case at anyway?
View Quote
I believe that technically speaking we're at the level where the courts say "Fuck your facts, your due process, takings clause, and the rest of your constitution, we say that ATF can say that anything is a machinegun and you'll comply!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not exactly. If you fall under the existing post 86 exceptions you could own one but you better have it registered.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is this a total dead end or are any of the cases going to be appealed up to SCOTUS?  The stays were denied but that doesn't mean there can't be an appeal, right? What level of the court system is the case at anyway?
View Quote
Might depend on how long it can be kept up while waiting for the RBG clock to officially run out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Heroin is now more legal than a piece of plastic shaped like a stock.

fucked up times we live in.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Will they be illegal in Civil War II?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will they be illegal in Civil War II?
View Quote
The winners write the rules.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Might depend on how long it can be kept up while waiting for the RBG clock to officially run out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much the end of this year for rbg to go...........

Any run on Febreze in DC lately?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pretty much the end of this year for rbg to go...........

Any run on Febreze in DC lately?
View Quote
Is there a pool?  What's the over under?  Put me down for $20 on the over....I'm good for it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
And 3D printed grips with a shelf.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
fucked up times indeed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
MAGA
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 2:51:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't see how the government has a leg to stand on.
View Quote
Like they did with the NFA??? or machine gun ban??
Yet here we are
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 3:06:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you or anyone believes that the future of the constitutional republic hinges on when some old lady is gonna pass on, every citizen deserves the most brutal ass raping for being such cowards.

No one wants to ever be part of the fight, Spectator Society is the downfall of this nation.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 3:25:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you or anyone believes that the future of the constitutional republic hinges on when some old lady is gonna pass on, every citizen deserves the most brutal ass raping for being such cowards.

No one wants to ever be part of the fight, Spectator Society is the downfall of this nation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well pop p-mags then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
God Speed sir, you are fighting the good fight and thank you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I believe that technically speaking we're at the level where the courts say "Fuck your facts, your due process, takings clause, and the rest of your constitution, we say that ATF can say that anything is a machinegun and you'll comply!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What level of the court system is the case at anyway?
Pretty much.  Most of the country couldn’t be bothered to notice.

The rule of law is dead.  We are living in a banana Republic
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I did get my Madison Society membership card the other day

Keep up the awesome work Nolo !
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Slow down ace.  The battle via courts isn't done yet.  It doesn't look good based on them refusing the stay, but there is strategy in the hows and whenz of court cases.  Given the general horror and loss or an alternative to an attempt at peaceful resolutions while they exisit, people are going to line up on that chance of peacable resolution first.

No one going Leeroy Jenkins over bump stocks is going to be backed by the general public or even most of the 2A activist community.

Time will come soon enough when virtually all semiautos will be on the block, at least to the level of preventing transfer to future generations.  Perhaps more people will give a few shits by then.  But the bumpstock is a lonely fight with too many "pro gun" neo fudds in the opposition.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Slow down ace.  The battle via courts isn't done yet.  It doesn't look good based on them refusing the stay, but there is strategy in the hows and whenz of court cases.  Given the general horror and loss or an alternative to an attempt at peaceful resolutions while they exisit, people are going to line up on that chance of peacable resolution first.

No one going Leeroy Jenkins over bump stocks is going to be backed by the general public or even most of the 2A activist community.

Time will come soon enough when virtually all semiautos will be on the block, at least to the level of preventing transfer to future generations.  Perhaps more people will give a few shits by then.  But the bumpstock is a lonely fight with too many "pro gun" neo fudds in the opposition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Answer will probably be the same if all semi auto's get banned-have to wait and fight it out in court before we go all Leeroy Jenkins.

"We" pretty much roll over and take whatever the gov dishes out.Sure,there is a lot of bitching and complaining,but we inevitably move onto the acceptance phase and wait for the next screwing.And of course anyone that decides enough is enough and crosses the line is villified-like the story about the crabs in a bucket.

In the meantime,the amount of laws,rules,mandates,requirements,etc.,continues to grow,and the size of government continues to grow as well to enforce all of it.

Enjoy life-right now are the good ol days for the younger generations compared to what the future holds....
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not exactly. If you fall under the existing post 86 exceptions you could own one but you better have it registered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t they reclassify the bumpstock itself THE machine gun? So none of them were made before 86. So you can’t own a machine gun made after 86, right? Unless your an SOT.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Didn’t they reclassify the bumpstock itself THE machine gun? So none of them were made before 86. So you can’t own a machine gun made after 86, right? Unless your an SOT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're saying the same thing as me.  If you fall under the existing Post 86 exceptions, you can have one.  So that'd be an SOT/07/.Gov organization
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top