Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish i could claim that one, who ever made that is a genius lol
First I've seen it
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Being as rustled as you seem to be by a drawing of a frog wearing a clown wig would seem to counter-signal your argument that it's all "in a vacuum" or "has no effect."  The meme is so powerless that it's triggered you to make half a dozen posts about it in a couple different honkler threads (I think it was you in the last one, could be wrong).

And only a "tiny percentage" know what this is? That may be true, now; however, who the hell knew what Pepe the Frog was 4-5 years ago? Now he's officially a "hate symbol" per the SPLCADL. Something doesn't earn that honor without seriously twisting some titties on the left, which is kind of the point of all this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm old.  Can someone explain the message here?  We are clowns trying to wake up the npc's?  Or something?
The only way to defeat the Left is to make them cartoonish. They CANNOT take criticism. They can’t take a joke. When we meme, we turn their make a mockery of their deadly seriousness. It drives them insane.

All they can do is rage and push farther Left (which they have done). They don’t even get it—they get angrier and we make memes to mock the issue they’re angry about which makes them angrier and they propose even more looney Marxist shit.

The cycle repeats.

It’s glorious. But, God help us if they ever get a sense of humor. If they discover self-deprecation, a we’re done for.

TC
But all of this humor is in a vacuum. No one is being offended except for maybe a handful of people on twitter/facebook.

The tiny percent of the population that even knows about Reddit's Clown World or /pol/ just as sees it another avenue for 4chan basement dwellers attempting to shit stir and try to be ironic aka I am very smart.

It's like those tryhard kids in high school that are constantly trying to be controversial (edgy clothing/jokes/speeches etc..) to get a reaction. In their mind they're convinced these actions have a huge impact on trolling everyone. But a year so later after graduation you ask their classmates about them, no one has a clue who you're talking about or even remembers any of them. They were simply unimportant background noise.
Being as rustled as you seem to be by a drawing of a frog wearing a clown wig would seem to counter-signal your argument that it's all "in a vacuum" or "has no effect."  The meme is so powerless that it's triggered you to make half a dozen posts about it in a couple different honkler threads (I think it was you in the last one, could be wrong).

And only a "tiny percentage" know what this is? That may be true, now; however, who the hell knew what Pepe the Frog was 4-5 years ago? Now he's officially a "hate symbol" per the SPLCADL. Something doesn't earn that honor without seriously twisting some titties on the left, which is kind of the point of all this.

There is a reason libs equate pepe as a hate symbol...same as with all of the kekistan flags, OK symbol, etc..

Go to all of the areas of the internet where all of these symbols started even as a joke (a good example is 4chan /pol/). Pop in right now, I bet you a majority of the posts are about hating jews, racism, white supremacy, etc.. It's about as nuanced as Stormfront. If you call anyone on it, they just play the "We're being ironic for the lawlz" cop out card.
And sandwiched right between /pol/ topics about wanting to exterminate Jews or some racists black cartoons, you have "Hi Frens Honk Honk" or Pepe/Kekestan meme threads.

Then when sites like reddit crack down on overtly racists/antisemetic language, these types start using different terms to describe the same racists/antisemitic tropes. They're absolutely obsessed with talking about it.

It's been that way on /pol/ and similar reddit subs for years and the whole "It's for the lawlz/trolling libs/culture war" is tired cop out.
That's like saying "Yeah, I've been a member of Stormfront for the past 10 years with 30,000 posts. I post racial jokes, complain about the Jews, rub shoulders with self-professed white supremacists and dedicate hours every day making memes for the site too. BUT I'm NOT racist/antisemitic guyz! I only post in irony because I know liberals hate Stormfront and doing my part in the culture war..."
See how stupid this sounds?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea, but, not a stupid as this! Honk!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wish this cesspool of the internet would go back to 4chan and just stay there.
View Quote
Tbf I bet you also wish the left would just leave you alone??
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yea, but, not a stupid as this! Honk!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289264/1nk4_jpg-923639.JPG
View Quote
HONK HONK.

Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm old.  Can someone explain the message here?  We are clowns trying to wake up the npc's?  Or something?
The whole entire world is fucking clown shoes now and the only meaningful way to go about your life anymore to live as a clown, laughing at the the world and the backwards clown ass retards that now control the direction of human civilization.

It's one of the branches from being a normie. From normie you can evolve into a black pilled Doomer, a Clown, or be a faggot Bloomer or 30 year old Boomer. Or if you're young enough a Zoomer, which are also cancer.
Lol. The future is now old man.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Go to all of the areas of the internet where all of these symbols started even as a joke (a good example is 4chan /pol/). Pop in right now, I bet you a majority of the posts are about hating jews, racism, white supremacy, etc.. It's about as nuanced as Stormfront. If you call anyone on it, they just play the "We're being ironic for the lawlz" cop out card.
And sandwiched right between /pol/ topics about wanting to exterminate Jews or some racists black cartoons, you have "Hi Frens Honk Honk" or Pepe/Kekestan meme threads.
View Quote
Let me draw an analogy that should make sense to people here.  It's a very male environment, like the Marine Corp.  People give each other shit for a lot of reasons, and if you get butthurt over it that is only proof that you are weak and should be mocked further.  This is not to whitewash anything.  /pol/ has its prejudices and doesn't care for the social order, but it's not stormfront.  /pol/ thinks stormform are low IQ retards.  /pol/ also likes to make fun of itself.  I'm Norwegian.  /pol/ would not call me the master race, /pol/ would call me a "Snow-N***er."

/pol/ is free speech in its purest form.  You can literally say anything so long as you have the balls to deal with the shitstorm that ensures.  Think GD but with no COC and more Autism.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The little bastards sure are creative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fe5WTP_y0
View Quote
Get in the clown car, Shinji.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

3 is mine.
View Quote
Reported
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is a reason libs equate pepe as a hate symbol...same as with all of the kekistan flags, OK symbol, etc..

Then when sites like reddit crack down on overtly racists/antisemetic language, these types start using different terms to describe the same racists/antisemitic tropes. They're absolutely obsessed with talking about it.

It's been that way on /pol/ and similar reddit subs for years and the whole "It's for the lawlz/trolling libs/culture war" is tired cop out.
That's like saying "Yeah, I've been a member of Stormfront for the past 10 years with 30,000 posts. I post racial jokes, complain about the Jews, rub shoulders with self-professed white supremacists and dedicate hours every day making memes for the site too. BUT I'm NOT racist/antisemitic guyz! I only post in irony because I know liberals hate Stormfront and doing my part in the culture war..."
View Quote
Are you offended?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only way to defeat the Left is to make them cartoonish. They CANNOT take criticism. They can’t take a joke. When we meme, we turn their make a mockery of their deadly seriousness. It drives them insane.

All they can do is rage and push farther Left (which they have done). They don’t even get it—they get angrier and we make memes to mock the issue they’re angry about which makes them angrier and they propose even more looney Marxist shit.

The cycle repeats.

It’s glorious. But, God help us if they ever get a sense of humor. If they discover self-deprecation, a we’re done for.

TC
But all of this humor is in a vacuum. No one is being offended except for maybe a handful of people on twitter/facebook.

The tiny percent of the population that even knows about Reddit's Clown World or /pol/ just as sees it another avenue for 4chan basement dwellers attempting to shit stir and try to be ironic aka I am very smart.

It's like those tryhard kids in high school that are constantly trying to be controversial (edgy clothing/jokes/speeches etc..) to get a reaction. In their mind they're convinced these actions have a huge impact on trolling everyone. But a year so later after graduation you ask their classmates about them, no one has a clue who you're talking about or even remembers any of them. They were simply unimportant background noise.

Attachment Attached File

You have to go back to Reddit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only way to defeat the Left is to make them cartoonish. They CANNOT take criticism. They can't take a joke. When we meme, we turn their make a mockery of their deadly seriousness. It drives them insane.

All they can do is rage and push farther Left (which they have done). They don't even get itthey get angrier and we make memes to mock the issue they're angry about which makes them angrier and they propose even more looney Marxist shit.

The cycle repeats.

It's glorious. But, God help us if they ever get a sense of humor. If they discover self-deprecation, a we're done for.

TC

Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Reported
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 is mine.
Reported
*Click*  
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#22]

That video is hilarious and I don't know why it's so funny
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The whole entire world is fucking clown shoes now and the only meaningful way to go about your life anymore to live as a clown, laughing at the the world and the backwards clown ass retards that now control the direction of human civilization.

It's one of the branches from being a normie. From normie you can evolve into a black pilled Doomer, a Clown, or be a faggot Bloomer or 30 year old Boomer. Or if you're young enough a Zoomer, which are also cancer.
I wonder if Sharia Blue tards get double_rate if the other accounts get banned or half_rate?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#25]

What's it gonna be, GD?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cycle repeats.

TC

U mad bro?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's like saying "Yeah, I've been a member of Stormfront for the past 10 years with 30,000 posts. I post racial jokes, rub shoulders with self-professed white supremacists and dedicate hours every day making memes for the site too. BUT I'm NOT racists guyz! I only post in irony because I know liberals hate Stormfront and doing my part in the culture war..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cycle repeats.

TC

That's like saying "Yeah, I've been a member of Stormfront for the past 10 years with 30,000 posts. I post racial jokes, rub shoulders with self-professed white supremacists and dedicate hours every day making memes for the site too. BUT I'm NOT racists guyz! I only post in irony because I know liberals hate Stormfront and doing my part in the culture war..."
I see what you're saying, I do. All the same things were said about previous memes. Though, as far as what libs think, me just being a white dude who voted for Trump and likes guns is a "hate symbol" so I'm not convinced that's the best metric.

As far as the origins of memes, well, who the hell knows how that happens. I don't claim to. Any highly trafficked sites are going to get memes, and since memes are basically just visual templates to add text/ideas to, anyone could make any meme into anything. Pepe the frog dressed as Hitler with a speech bubble saying "Kill Jews, Man" comes to mind, although that's so forced it's the sort of thing I'd imagine really was done "for the lulz."

Using Reddit as a moral authority doesn't work for me; this is the same organization that appointed some clown (heh) like Ellen Pao as CEO, however briefly. I'd also consider the equating of Reddit or the chans to Stormfront somewhat of a false dichotomy, but that's for you to decide.

Calling modern "society" clownish, whether it's in the context of legally sanctioning someone for "misgendering" their own child, or talking about how Notre Dame is a symbol of white supremacy, or doing the "Easter Worshippers" bit, isn't racist or anti-Semitic or whatever epithets, and it isn't wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honk
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The leftists have already judged me without knowing who I am or that I even exist as an individual. Thankfully I don't care what they think of me; If I want to honk I'm going to honk. And honk I shall.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Thats fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet a persistent campaign of small Honkalu Honkbar stickers at innocuous locations on a university campus could cause some agitated feels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bet a persistent campaign of small Honkalu Honkbar stickers at innocuous locations on a university campus could cause some agitated feels.
View Quote
IIRC, someone in Dublin was pasting Honkler all over.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He reeks of reddit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
in before younger Arfcommers are like WTF is THAT??
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I could get say.......a couple hundred or a thousand I could paste them to all the tractor trailers that come and go at work every day.

Something about 1/3 the width of a bumper sticker.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Right wing is not a useful descriptor.  In fact, it is used by the "left" to cloud and confuse the issue.

Ted Cruz is in favor of Constitutionally limited government.  That is neither right, left or libertarian.  It is rather, liberty.
View Quote
All that text you typed is gay, all hail the Honkler.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I could get say.......a couple hundred or a thousand I could paste them to all the tractor trailers that come and go at work every day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a small Brother sticker printer
Print oppo agitation
Stick them errywhere
?????
Profit!
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see your point, but I think you miss the overall point and give power away.

It's about shitposting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He reeks of reddit.
View Quote
Yes!  We must follow the lead of the Reddi-tards into the fyoochur!

Onward to final victory!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Blah blah blah...

Go be a door mat some place else and get walked all over by liberals while taking your high road.

Meme warfare and shit posting is effective.  Pissibg off libs helps make them go full retard.

The changing of an "Okay" sign to "white power" is proof that people are fucking stupid.

The more it goes on the more people will start to wake up and see just how absolutely stupid political correctness is.

It will show how easily manipulated internet bullshit can be while being able to easily identify the the retards that believe this shit.

The asshole shooter in New Zealand was right when it comes to boiling the frog slowly.

Honk fucking honk.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Lol The Honkler ?? thread lives..
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This one goes out to all the boomers out there. Thanks for clown world, very cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xNx87hRbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xNx87hRbU&t=25s
View Quote
Point of order, I think Metallica is more enjoyed by GenX, than the Boomers.

Not that they don't have a lot of Boomer fans of course, I'm just saying that GenX keeps being forgotten in these discussions.

I'll also acknowledge that the founding members (all born before 1964) are Boomers...but just barely.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top