Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
4473 and work.

I’d love to partake. Did it once 25 years ago. It was kind of fun but I was so scared of being caught that it took away from it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
tosh.o said on his show at some point ya gotta stop smoking pot, grow up and do coke like an adult
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Employers will allow folks to work high just because its legal? LOL Kind of like how all employers allow their employees to get drunk on the clock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of my old co-workers smoked incessantly throughout the workday.  You'd think he'd be a nice guy, but he wasn't.  We were pretty sure he was just paranoid all the time, which led to him being an overly aggressive @$$hole that constantly started drama over nothing or benign misunderstandings.  Can some people function on it?  Sure.  But I'm not sure legalizing it to the point employers would allow you to be high while you are at work is a good idea.

4473 is lamest excuse I've ever heard, especially when there are plenty of legitimate reasons to not use cannabis.
Employers will allow folks to work high just because its legal? LOL Kind of like how all employers allow their employees to get drunk on the clock.
I'm allowed to drink at work
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tosh.o said on his show at some point ya gotta stop smoking pot, grow up and do coke like an adult
View Quote
This lol.  Go be poor somewhere else.

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm allowed to drink at work
View Quote
Just about every job I have had, the boss always bought or brought drinks in during the work hours
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If you live life, you don't need drugs to make you feel better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the 'smoking is stupid' camp.  Don't  particulary care what your smoking.  Knew a few potheads in college, they all smoked cigs too - something about feeling they needed the smoke in their lungs.

I don't believe in recreational drug use either.  Society has enough problems without people being drugged.

Used to work in aerospace industry.  No place for people who aren't all there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
What about massages?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Its my kid's birthday and my mother in law is here.....

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's also funny are the ones that "tried it once" and it sucked. Cause you know, getting a buzz sucks.
View Quote
IDK, not saying it sucks.  Ive been stoned about 4,000 times.  I'm just done with it.  I get antisocial and paranoid. My life is better without. I much prefer sobriety or beer.

I'm going to CO in a bit.  Zero plans to take cannabis.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#11]
OP asks what's keeping me from marijuana.  The answer is simple... my IQ is too high.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

IDK, not saying it sucks.  Ive been stoned about 4,000 times.  I'm just done with it.  I get antisocial and paranoid. My life is better without. I much prefer sobriety or beer.

View Quote
Damn son! Everything in moderation
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP asks what's keeping me from marijuana.  The answer is simple... my IQ is too high.
View Quote
Does it make your high IQ drop?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why do you "need" so many guns?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#15]
4473 and work

I have epilepsy so I am curious about edibles and benefits, if any
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I guess you need the weed after a hard day of being picked on at work.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#17]
It's illegal in my state to possess da smokem. My wife is very against anything that makes me less of a "man-leader" including drunkenness. My wife has always spoiled my fun and insanity. She says it makes me stupid and less of a "man-God" to look up [to]. It also makes me very horny and aroused for long periods of time and she loozzes control of me. It makes me not want to address her assigned work load around the house. It makes me laugh at stupid shit(her words). Horrible stuff.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why do you "need" so many guns?
View Quote
It seems like a lot of posters ITT come in, fart, smell their fart, and leave to never come back
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Buncha damned dirty hippies in here
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve seen alcohol wreck more lives than weed. But, it’s still illegal and workplace randoms do occur.

All the above comments are pretty funny about only losers and hippie/ commies smoke weed. I know a few very successful people that partake once in awhile and done seem to be suffering much. But just like anything too much of a good thing can bite you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't care for it. If I did, I would smoke it. It's really not that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
the articulate, intelligible post of this perspicacious academician proves that his IQ is too high.

lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
4473 and work

I have epilepsy so I am curious about edibles and benefits, if any
View Quote
CBD works great for that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's illegal in my state to possess da smokem. My wife is very against anything that makes me less of a "man-leader" including drunkenness. My wife has always spoiled my fun and insanity. She says it makes me stupid and less of a "man-God" to look up [to]. It also makes me very horny and aroused for long periods of time and she loozzes control of me. It makes me not want to address her assigned work load around the house. It makes me laugh at stupid shit(her words). Horrible stuff.
View Quote
Best post so far no wait or is it ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I've never cared for it.

I know highly successful people who do it several times a day.  It's just not for me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once or twice a day for 10 years isn't  moderation?

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well yea, that's the whole point of Colorado. You don't have to take it, you can get all you want once you get there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#29]
4473 can suck my balls.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]
cannabis helps with chronic pain.

ETA. there is a massive grow operation about 20 feet away from me in the same building as the business I'm employed with. along with 2 others on the same block. 500 yrds away are 2 dispensaries. My ex GF manages one of the weed shops and would fly alaska airlines up north to purchase product. she said returning home with a carry on full of weed and edibles was a very interesting experience, especially going through TSA.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone else notice that the anti's have atrocious spelling and somehow believe it's OK to sound stupid?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#32]
4473 and job testing. I guess I'll be an outlier. In my youth I liked marijuana. I'd like to be able to use it legally. I'd definitely drink less.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Sobriety is scary
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Haven't got a reason to. No cancer or brain/back injury, no need to, got other hobbies....
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've never been much of a drinker.  sure I love a finger or two of a good scotch every once in a while, but that's about it.  honestly, I'd like a way to relax after a rough day that I can get into occasionally.  copious amounts of booze just isn't my bag, baby.

I'd be interested in cannabis, but the thing that prevents it is employer standards and the whole pesky 4473 thing.  aside from that, no qualms whatsoever.

i hope it gets legalized and regulated to the same standards as booze.  not everybody is a drinker, yet EVERYONE needs to unwind some times.
View Quote
Not all of us require ingestion of a substance to unwind. Those of you who do are unlikely to ever understand this.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#36]
A.  It’s illegal in my state
2.  Against my company policy
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not all of us require ingestion of a substance to unwind. Those of you who do are unlikely to ever understand this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never been much of a drinker.  sure I love a finger or two of a good scotch every once in a while, but that's about it.  honestly, I'd like a way to relax after a rough day that I can get into occasionally.  copious amounts of booze just isn't my bag, baby.

I'd be interested in cannabis, but the thing that prevents it is employer standards and the whole pesky 4473 thing.  aside from that, no qualms whatsoever.

i hope it gets legalized and regulated to the same standards as booze.  not everybody is a drinker, yet EVERYONE needs to unwind some times.
But neither should be able to tell the other they CAN'T.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nothing, really. I'm an old man with several health issues and could easily get a marijuana card but, I just don't have the desire at this point. The whole 4473 thing means nothing to me as I don't plan on buying any more guns.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I didn't say that. Do what you want. But if their doobie usage impairs their ability to drive, they should be treated just like any other DUI.

And if I'm hiring people (and I do) and have to choose between two roughly equal candidates, a pot user and a non-pot user, there is zero chance I'm hiring the pothead. Ever.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty much, CCW as well... I don’t want to risk those over some reefer. I probably wouldn’t smoke it anyway, but, those.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I didn't say that. Do what you want. But if their doobie usage impairs their ability to drive, they should be treated just like any other DUI.

And if I'm hiring people (and I do) and have to choose between two roughly equal candidates, a pot user and a non-pot user, there is zero chance I'm hiring the pothead. Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So anyone who uses pot is a pothead, just like anyone who drinks is an alcoholic?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I not going to inhale anything. If it were legal and the gummies were any good I probably  wouldn't  pass if offered.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if they drink every night or take prescription opioids?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So anyone who uses pot is a pothead, just like anyone who drinks is an alcoholic?
View Quote
and anyone who takes pain meds is a pill head, get with it, we are all potheads, pillheads and drunks
some of us might even have a caffeine problem
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Again, all things equal, I'm hiring the one who doesn't drink or take opioids.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool. So you don't drink or take doctor prescribed medications?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's a saying in healthcare: "An alcoholic is someone who drinks more than their doctor."

I don't drink.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Edit

NM forgot I am in GD

context and words have no meaning if someone can shitpost
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cool. So you don't drink or take doctor prescribed medications?
View Quote
That's right. I don't drink. And the only med I take is Claritin, not prescribed by a doctor.

I'm not saying you guys can't partake in your pot, sorry, medical cannabis. Or alcohol. Or whatever. I think all medications ought to be over the counter. Well, except antibiotics. Take the doctor out of it.

But I don't have to hire those people.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
And how are you going to know these things? What else can or can't they do on their own time?
You start asking me questions about that shit I'll walk out. It's none of your business.
BTW asking those questions in an interview isn't legal and can get your ass into hot water if the applicant wanted to be a prick.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top