Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:You just get Arthur Treacher's fish 'n chips back here, and we'll be best friends again.  

It made me think well of the UK as a very young lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwqmaM3HJI
View Quote
Never heard of them - but I DO know of about 5 or 6 fish & chip shops that still fry in beef dripping, not oil....
The difference is staggering. One of the above even uses a coal fired frier….keeping it old skool
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m still trying to figure out how GD managed deduce that we now have a ban on plastic knives and forks now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
but is it halal?
View Quote
Actually yes.  Chicken Cottage is a Muslim run chain that used to have the squiggy runes for "Halal" on their shop signs.

See it?  It's on the blue homosexual rooster getting mounted by the red rooster:

Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Never heard of them - but I DO know of about 5 or 6 fish & chip shops that still fry in beef dripping, not oil....
The difference is staggering. One of the above even uses a coal fired frier….keeping it old skool
View Quote
What kind of coal does it burn?

Now that's fucking cool.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The United Kingdom Home Office has contacted site staff and asked for the removal of the OP. Do not make any jokes in regards to fried chicken.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Knives? Pfft..., they’ve obviously never watched Bone Tomahawk
View Quote
Shit, I know what I'm watching tonight, that movies seems like a fantastic watch!

Bone Tomahawk Official Trailer #1 (2015) - Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson Movie HD
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wait, why would they ever switch away from using tallow? It's all I ever use for battered fish and nearly the only thing I'll use with potato wedges, but 100% beef tallow if it's going with the fish. Nothing else even comes close!
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You just get Arthur Treacher's fish 'n chips back here, and we'll be best friends again.  

It made me think well of the UK as a very young lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAwqmaM3HJI
View Quote
Forget Arthur Treacher. We need Harry Ramsden’s.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
In before people start engraving  #KnifeFree on lowers
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually yes.  Chicken Cottage is a Muslim run chain that used to have the squiggy runes for "Halal" on their shop signs.

See it?  It's on the blue homosexual rooster getting mounted by the red rooster:

https://b.zmtcdn.com/data/pictures/6/6116206/65b00e4e6cb59c0bb6a37800f9c9281c_featured_v2.jpg
View Quote
The font they chose is quite similar to KFC's,must just be coincidence.

Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shit, I know what I'm watching tonight, that movies seems like a fantastic watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbwtHi-KSE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Knives? Pfft..., they’ve obviously never watched Bone Tomahawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbwtHi-KSE
I don't wish to derail, but I liked Bone Tomahawk a lot. Watch it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
THIS IS REAL: UK Government Introduces ‘Knife Free’ Boxes of Fried Chicken to Reduce Violent Crime

snip>

The United Kingdom Home Office unveiled their new effort to crackdown on violent crime across England and Wales this week; introducing new ‘Knife Free’ boxes of Fried Chicken throughout the country.

“We are rolling out our #KnifeFree chicken boxes in over 210 chicken shops in England and Wales, including Morley’s, Dixy Chicken and Chicken Cottage. They use real life stories to show people how they can go #KnifeFree,” posted the official account of the Home Office UK.

The boxes are apparently normal fast-food containers with the words “#KnifeFree” included on the packaging.

We are rolling out our #KnifeFree chicken boxes in over 210 chicken shops in England and Wales, including Morley’s, Dixy Chicken and Chicken Cottage. They use real life stories to show people how they can go #KnifeFree. pic.twitter.com/vrG4WWa56v

— Home Office (@ukhomeoffice) August 14, 2019

A UK Member of Parliament demanded strict new policies to crackdown on violent crime throughout the United Kingdom earlier this year; calling for the implementation of a “GPS tracker” in every knife sold in the country.

“Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc,” tweeted MP Scott Mann.

Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc.

— Scott Mann (@scottmann4NC) March 14, 2019

Mann’s comments come as the UK struggles to clamp down on knife crime across London and beyond as homicide rates soar to record levels across the country.
View Quote
That is sofa king we todd did
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck, I've only ever needed a spork at Popeyes.

Fucking limeys.
View Quote
Not so fast mate! Those sporks are next.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#16]
What is frightening is that just over 100 years ago this was the most powerful empire on earth.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck, I've only ever needed a spork at Popeyes.

Fucking limeys.
You know where else sporks are in common usage? Prison.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
What the fuck is next? England to only sell soft tacos as the crunchy shells can and usually do contain sharp edges.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Idiots! Fried chicken is finger food.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How much more lame can the UK get?
View Quote
Now that you've issued the challenge I'm pretty sure they're going to go for the gold medal in lameness.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
"Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle.
View Quote
Like they claim they tried to do with the Fast and Furious guns? The ones where they forgot to figure out what to do when the batteries died?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
How ,any Americans died saving them from Germany?  That was a waste of good American lives.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No idea = we've had a certain violent demographic being culturally enriching for a long time now
THEY added to the deaths by putting pressure on the effective "stop & search" powers - now it's more difficult to do this & the death toll is skyrocketing

One EASY FIX?
Close down the Fried Chicken shops - they attract fuckwits & crime like flies congregating around a pool of shit

Ne'er a fatal stabbing, of an evening, at Ye Olde Pie shoppe
Missouri Bucket O'Fried Fowl = can I get some body bags & a mop with that, to go....?
View Quote
Getting rid of the fried chicken shop won't get rid of the perpetrators though, they'll just be dispersed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
bump fire
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]
bump fire
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#27]
good grief disconnector failure or something
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#28]
We can’t even keep stabbing implements out of prisons due to how easy they are to make out of ordinary items and these fucking idiots think a law is going to keep them out of bad people’s hands?

Holy fuck.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like they need to try harder-

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/15/uk/stabbing-home-office-gbr-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fuk

Ferret?

London (CNN) — The offices of Britain's interior ministry in London were placed on lockdown Thursday after a man was stabbed on the street outside, in a knife attack UK Home Secretary Priti Patel described as "horrific" and "unprovoked."
Police were called to Marsham Street, where the Home Office building is located, on Thursday afternoon "following a report of a man with a knife at the location," London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement.
They attended to one man with knife injuries and arrested another "on suspicion of grievous bodily harm" who was taken into custody.
The suspect is believed to have been in possession of a ferret around the time of the attack. "A ferret is in police care following a stabbing outside the UK's Home Office," the Metropolitan Police told CNN.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're from England.  I've never been there.
But from my perspective, it seems odd that you find this funny.

So, with all due respect, I sincerely inquire of you; do you find this #knifefree thing as ridiculous as I do?

I hope you understand, from MY perspective, the whole notion is insane that knives are the problem.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#31]
How can a country who conquered much of the world be reduced to this? It’s beyond pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are the knives in steak restaurants tethered to the tables over there? You know, like the pens at the bank?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I guess I’m really confused. I go the uk all the time and you can get knives anywhere. Apparently I missed the retard train.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone ever try British fried chicken?
View Quote
Didn't think they did fried chicken. Thought boiled roast beef was the height of English cuisine.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone ever try British fried chicken?
View Quote
It's probably boiled.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Honking honker honk honk honk.

Peak honk?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's not funny!  I saw someone lose an eye over a sporking!  Ban scoopy-pointies!
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:39:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I am so thankful for our forefathers who shot redcoats in the face. Cannot fathom living as a subject of the crown.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#40]
When will they close the fountain pen loophole!?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Huge muslim population and pretty much no civilian ownership of firearms and they have record levels of violence?...coincidence?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Huge muslim population and pretty much no civilian ownership of firearms and they have record levels of violence?...coincidence?
View Quote
Correlation is a social construct.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#43]
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is impressive, even for GD standards.

They aren't witholding plastic knives because, as has been pointed out, who eats fried chicken with a knife?

They're printing messages about not carrying knives for the purposes of violence on the packaging of three KFC wanabee franchises (one of which is halal - very nearly acknowledging the real problem there...)

As for MP Scott Mann with the GPS suggestion, some of the responses are pretty good

"There's been a stabbing"
"Quick, get me the GPS tracking for every knife in a 3 mile radius"
"OK, it says there are 120,000 of them, mostly in kitchens"
"Bollocks, thought we had them then"
"Could ask those young lads with the machete"
"Nah, they've got a mackerel, been fishing"

What I love about this is that it's obviously exactly how he felt when he woke up in the middle of the night with this idea
"Bloody hell, Scott. You've only gone and bloody cracked the knife crime epidemic!"
*Imagines self accepting OBE

Think you need a GPS tracker fitted on yourself you absolute weapon.

I wouldn't say that. The lad doesn't sound very... Sharp

You can't tell me society isn't inclusive when this young man can make it to the top despite having the cognitive function of a half a moth. We're proud of you champ.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
local to me....fatal killing last night in a city centre.
52 year old man - 7 teenage yoots
he was stabbed once, with a screwdriver

…too many UK politicians & public are too removed from reality & causality for the problem to EVER be fixed

They will ALWAYS seek to blame the tool, as it's easier on their conscience & voting demographics

ALSO IN UK NEWS TODAY
total drug deaths in the UK now at over 4300
Around 3000+ from illegal drugs, the rest from over-use or incorrect prescription of legally prescribed drugs
But, yeah, put fucking gps trackers in knives - add the annual battery change costs & record keeping admin to the rest of the taxes were swamped under
wankers
View Quote
LoL,  Sad...

Thank God those Teen's did have a knife, they could of really killed him.

The thing that is either sad or quite possibly evil is the mindset that removing a particular object from a group of third world savages will somehow resort in their third world behavior going away. Knives go away, how about hammers and tools,  hammers and tools go away, how about clubs, how about bricks?

The problem could be solved tomorrow. Shut down immigration from undeveloped countries, any immigrants that committed a violent crime are deported, the subjects that were born in the UK, they should not be deported, but they should be removed from society if they are unable to adapt. If immagrant are unable to sustain their selves they are to be removed from the country.

The US could do this as well but suffers from the same problem that We want to Be authoritarian but not too much because that scares people so we can be really authoritarian in some areas and totally not in other areas.  Its quite Schizophrenic.

If the UK wants to be an authoritarian nanny state, how about exercising some authority.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Man arrested for possession of a potato peeler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYajKT8WsAEyl8U.jpg
View Quote
The pebbles too?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#46]
They must be a bunch of violent people there if they cant even be trusted with knives
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#47]
When are they finally going to ban automobiles? How many more Nice, France vehicular terrorist attacks do we have to see before the UK government comes to it's common sense conclusion that they could save a lot of lives by banning cars??? Not only solves the potential for terrorist attacks using cars and trucks (imagine how much damage terrorists could do, with a gasoline tanker truck or a jet fuel tanker truck), but, also eliminates all of the yearly deaths caused by traffic accidents. Now that's some common sense vehicular violence prevention that they could do that would result in saving a lot of lives.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://animationvisarts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/kfc-1.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://b.zmtcdn.com/data/pictures/6/6116206/65b00e4e6cb59c0bb6a37800f9c9281c_featured_v2.jpg

https://animationvisarts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/kfc-1.png
We have Nordic Fried Chicken.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is impressive, even for GD standards.

They aren't witholding plastic knives because, as has been pointed out, who eats fried chicken with a knife?

They're printing messages about not carrying knives for the purposes of violence on the packaging of three KFC wanabee franchises (one of which is halal - very nearly acknowledging the real problem there...)

As for MP Scott Mann with the GPS suggestion, some of the responses are pretty good

"There's been a stabbing"
"Quick, get me the GPS tracking for every knife in a 3 mile radius"
"OK, it says there are 120,000 of them, mostly in kitchens"
"Bollocks, thought we had them then"
"Could ask those young lads with the machete"
"Nah, they've got a mackerel, been fishing"

What I love about this is that it's obviously exactly how he felt when he woke up in the middle of the night with this idea
"Bloody hell, Scott. You've only gone and bloody cracked the knife crime epidemic!"
*Imagines self accepting OBE

Think you need a GPS tracker fitted on yourself you absolute weapon.

I wouldn't say that. The lad doesn't sound very... Sharp

You can't tell me society isn't inclusive when this young man can make it to the top despite having the cognitive function of a half a moth. We're proud of you champ.
View Quote
He got slammed for it at the time.  Even fellow parliamentarians we’re ripping it out of him. It was quite funny.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-admits-plan-put-14135654.amp
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top