Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
AUG if you have to buy one first.  You can revel in the pure, sweet Austrianness of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could you expound on that a bit? I could get another DSA FAL or a SCAR insrtead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly neither, but if you absolutely had to have one:
AUG. get a NATO stock.

It is probably the best and most successful bullpup rifle ever made.
Could you expound on that a bit? I could get another DSA FAL or a SCAR insrtead.
You probably already know this, but the Aug with the NATO stock will accept either the Aug mags or the NATO standard 5.56 mags.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
AUG +1
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my 2 Travor SAR’s what can an Aug do better then a SAR with Geissele trigger and parts from manticore arms and MWI I would imagine the Tavor 7 will have a big aftermarket following as well. Plus isn’t IWI supposed to be releasing a 20” 308 1/10 barrel eventually or was that just rumor?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What about the AUG do you like better than the RDB besides the track record?

I have 2 AUGS and had 3 Tavors in the past. The RDB seems to be leagues ahead, IMO.
View Quote
The reliability track record of the AUG over the RDB is a big thing, but in other issues, I don’t like that the RDB doesn’t have any markings on the gas adjustment knob, so going back to a previous position means either counting turns from the stop, or making marks.  Also don’t like not being able to easily check or access the chamber if there is a problem.  Also prefer the ease of the AUG disassembly, especially the barrel removal.  On the RDB, you have to pull a bunch of pins, many of which can be tight.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The reliability track record of the AUG over the RDB is a big thing, but in other issues, I don’t like that the RDB doesn’t have any markings on the gas adjustment knob, so going back to a previous position means either counting turns from the stop, or making marks.  Also don’t like not being able to easily check or access the chamber if there is a problem.  Also prefer the ease of the AUG disassembly, especially the barrel removal.  On the RDB, you have to pull a bunch of pins, many of which can be tight.
View Quote
The RDB actually has a "peephole" that allows you to easily check the chamber.
As for the gas block I agree but it doesn't seem to be a problem. You could easily mark it.
The AUG barrel does come out easily but at the expense of weight and how often does one need to rapidly remove a barrel?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the bullpup concept, and would like one. But I really don't care for any of the offerings out there. I like the look of the RFB the best, but, Kel Tec.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't freak out, but it's a Kel Tec RDB.

Fully ambi 5.56 bullpup, downward ejection like a P90, suppressed extremely well due to the gas block, accurate, nice trigger, lightweight, etc.

I swear if another manufacturer like Ruger for example made this thing 100% identical just about everyone would want one.

The price is right too at $800~
View Quote
Hmmm. I have had my eye on one of those. Seem to be the most bang for your buck in a cheaper bullpup.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#11]
AUG

I had both. Still have the AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fully ambi 5.56 bullpup, downward ejection like a P90, suppressed extremely well due to the gas block, accurate, nice trigger, lightweight, etc.

I swear if another manufacturer like Ruger for example made this thing 100% identical just about everyone would want one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since we've already established in this thread that I'm slow on the uptake today, what, pray tell, is that?

I usually hear pretty good stuff about the RDB, their Survival model or whatever it’s called now intrigues me. Pretty damn small and light.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Aug! NATO for me.

But get a file after the safety or it will cut you like one of those crazy mexican girlfriends they tell stories about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Trigger will never be like an AR but more consistent than Tavor.
View Quote
The Super Sabra I had in my X95 was an amazing trigger and rivaled my SSA.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Easy, get the AUG.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You probably already know this, but the Aug with the NATO stock will accept either the Aug mags or the NATO standard 5.56 mags.
View Quote
I did not know that. Thanks!  How do I know if it has a NATO stock?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As for the gas block I agree but it doesn't seem to be a problem. You could easily mark it.
The AUG barrel does come out easily but at the expense of weight and how often does one need to rapidly remove a barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m aware how to check the chamber of the RDB, but it involves turning the gun upside down and looking at a specific angle through the mag well.  Hopefully there is enough light.  Still more involved than looking directly through the big ejection port of either the Tavor or AUG.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Another vote for the RDB, if for no other reason other than that it suppresses way better than either an AUG or Tavor.

It's lighter too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Welcome to the party pal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd pick an AUG because Christmas will be here before we know it.
I'm not sure what Christmas has to do with it.  I'm my own santa, so Christmas comes whenever I feel like it.
Welcome to the party pal.
Karl says AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I disliked my AUG less than I disliked my Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Are you kidding me? AUG all the way, 40 years of unfailing performance.

Plus sexy as HELL !!!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if it doesn’t have a BHO it’s a NATO stock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#23]
AUG.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#24]
AUG

I bet would be a lot more accurate and has a proven history of excellent performance.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Came here to say this. I have to have a green Aug, with Aug mags because of Karl.

Am I the only one that thinks “Boy those country’s of origin sure are interesting...”
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is incorrect. Any generation of AUG receiver will accept either the standard stock or the NATO stock, however a NATO stock only allows use of M16 pattern mags.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It is probably the best and most successful bullpup rifle ever made.
View Quote
Until you cripple it with the NATO stock
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the Aug with the NATO stock will accept either the Aug mags or the NATO standard 5.56 mags.
View Quote
This is incorrect
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#30]
AUG...I'll never buy another Kel Tec....they produce garbage.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
AUG...I'll never buy another Kel Tec....they produce garbage.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is incorrect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the Aug with the NATO stock will accept either the Aug mags or the NATO standard 5.56 mags.
This is incorrect
IT is correct.  Here is a quote from the STEYR ARMS website, " The rifle is available in either the standard version that accepts genuine Steyr AUG magazines or as a NATO version that accepts standard STANAG (AR) magazines."

Here is a link.  https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/steyr-aug-a3-m1
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I definitely can’t fit aug mags in my NATO stock.  Well, I can probably force them.

Read what you just quoted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll have to take a closer look then.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#35]
$2000+ I'd get an SR15 Mod 2, unless you already have one.

For a bullpup, a Tavor SAR in 5.56, the old configuration. Either that, or the AUG A3... Whichever you can get cheaper.

I see three AUG's for sale locally, cheaper than any Tavor... Including a NATO stock one for a flat $1000. I'm honestly considering picking that up...
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

For a bullpup, a Tavor SAR in 5.56, the old configuration. Either that, or the AUG A3... Whichever you can get cheaper.

I see three AUG's for sale locally, cheaper than any Tavor... Including a NATO stock one for a flat $1000. I'm honestly considering picking that up...
View Quote
You’d be a fool if you didn’t grab the Aug NATO for $1k.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those are some good prices
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Standard stock takes AUG mags or Aug Pmags

NATO stock take AR patern mags

Neither interchange with each other.

You can however swap stocks, so you can go from AUG mag to AR mag. The mag well/compatibility is in the stock not the receiver.

Quoted:

IT is correct.  Here is a quote from the STEYR ARMS website, " The rifle is available in either the standard version that accepts genuine Steyr AUG magazines or as a NATO version that accepts standard STANAG (AR) magazines."

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You can however swap stocks, so you can go from AUG mag to AR mag. The mag well/compatibility is in the stock not the receiver.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  Not the same as NATO CAN TAKE AUG MAGS.  . Not sure what that guy has done to make them
Work, but I’d like to know!
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mmhm. Already messaged the dude, hope to get a response soon.

But, it's Armslist... So it might turn out to be a scam like the SR15 ad I saw awhile back.

There were a couple other AUG's at $1400 and $1500, as well. Cheapest SAR was around $1600.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But, it's Armslist... So it might turn out to be a scam like the SR15 ad I saw awhile back.

There were a couple other AUG's at $1400 and $1500, as well. Cheapest SAR was around $1600.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aug or crappy knockoff aug?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says "Steyr A3/M1"

Steyr markings on the receiver, just behind the gas plug. It's local, so I'll have in in hand to inspect before buying.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I definitely can’t fit aug mags in my NATO stock.  Well, I can probably force them.

View Quote
Obviously we have a disconnect somewhere.  The Aug I bought a couple of months ago came with PMAGS and I bought a couple of the MAGPUL Aug mags.  Both fit fine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Obviously we have a disconnect somewhere.  The Aug I bought a couple of months ago came with PMAGS and I bought a couple of the MAGPUL Aug mags.  Both fit fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somewhere.

Standard Pmags came with it, or the Steyr-pattern Pmags? Tried USGI? Those might lock in to an original stock, but I doubt they would feed. Steyr mags shouldn't even fit in a STANAG magwell...

The NATO stock is not supposed to accept Steyr mags. If it does with Magpul's Steyr-pattern mag, then I have no idea what to tell you, it's an interesting coincidence, or an intentional feature of the mag.

The original stock will not accept STANAG mags, otherwise, the NATO stock never would've come about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I guess I am the only person here who thinks the Aug is fugly as shit.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a STG77 SA, it is amazingly accurate, if you can see it you can hit it. Balance is where you want it. I looked at the Tavor and it was heavier to the rear.

That said, Steyr does not really care about you or what you want. That does matter.

I love my AUG, but wish they cared more about the people that want their product in the US.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#47]
The AUG's 30 yr history speaks for itself.

That said, I think IWI did good on the T7.

These guys did a nice review:

My only holdout on the T7 is I keep hoping Beretta will find it in its plans to release a semi ARX-200.  But barring, then the T7 will be the .308 cal that goes in my collection.  Alas, I'm not an early adopter, so I also want to see how it wrings out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Doc I’ve had both the Aug with NATO stock and the tavor.  I kept the tavor and got rid of the aug. aug felt dated and ergonomics weren’t as good. I really like the tavor especially suppressed. It balances very nicely.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#50]
AUG
Was certainly higher on my list than the tavor
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top