View Quote
Gotta pump those productivity metrics.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]
When assholes collide?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Lol    might be defining moment in his life   keep him /her whatever from becoming a POS
Good

Jesus. Bunch of  &_$-??
In here
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Inspector Hammer....Sledge Hammer
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dealing with children is literally my life. Foster parenting and parenting my adopted kids is what my whole life revolves around. We've had well over a hundred kids come and go from our home. Probably closer to two hundred. I

I have never encountered a child whether it be a teenager or a six year old that required me to even contemplate handcuffs/zip ties. Ever. I've been struck, spit on, and shoved. I've never needed to restrain a child with any kind of device to make myself or them 'safer.' I've always been able to deescalate and I've NEVER had training in the art of deescalation ... yet, I can still do it and no one dies.

I wonder why that is.
View Quote
So you never handed off a kid that was a problem to the school . I raised kids they were respectful and didn't cause problems. Let alone at age 6.  This kid needs Wake up not a fucking hug
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A police officer needs to know when to get back in his car and drive away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right there all day long.  The school called the police correct?
A police officer needs to know when to get back in his car and drive away.
You could use that same logic against the school; they need to not call cops for disciplinary issues.  If you don't need cops, don't call cops.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You could use that same logic against the school; they need to not call cops for disciplinary issues.  If you don't need cops, don't call cops.
View Quote
Exactly. Why were they called ? Hmmm. Not that poor cops job to raise that kid.  Don't bother him.
Oh but he was called, because of the clueless fucks teaching it wrong from right failed. Now suddenly it's a bad cop.
Bullshit
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#8]
That's what happens when faculty is so nuetered that they can't even discipline a 6 year old.  What other recourse is there when local and federal laws actively prevent you from defending yourself and your students other than to call the police?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder what really happened.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 5:34:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Teachers are routinely subjected to way more than they are equipped and or responsible for dealing with. You think this was the first time that 6 year old went ballistic in a classroom, and the school just went straight to calling the cops?? Bullshit! I bet you anything that this kid is a constant issue in that classroom AND at home. If there is little or no support from home, then basically the teacher/classmates/administrators are made to just deal with it, day in and day out. Never gets better.  Now I am not crying poor school or teachers, they pick that job, however if the parents or "guardians" refuse to do anything, we should ALL expect this kinda shit to happen much more often. I dont agree with the cops actions, but I can definately see how this shit happens. No discipline at home, school's hands tied politically and legally, the rest of the kids suffer. It's a huge fucking problem!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Even at 6, I knew “don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time”.

And I knew assault was a crime.

Maybe the kid doesn’t anything, but ignorance of the law is no excuse.

I knew that at 6, too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
State law dictates the minimum ages at which a juvenile can be arrested and for what levels of offenses/ crimes.
I doubt that ant state authorizes the arrest of a six year old for what amounts to simple harassment
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I had hit one of my teachers growing up, I would be lucky if I ever walked again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can sure tell what generation most of you guys grew up in..

Shit, if I had hit a teacher, my dad would have been busting my ass after he made me find the switch to do it with and then make me write an apology to the teacher and read it out loud in front of the class!
If I had hit one of my teachers growing up, I would be lucky if I ever walked again
Both of these.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you want the state to be the parent don't complain when the parenting is not to your liking.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nobody at the school got fired. It's the officer who risks departmental discipline and criminal and civil liability
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody at the school got fired. It's the officer who risks departmental discipline and criminal and civil liability
Exactly.
School calls 911 to cover it's posterior with the squeaky wheel people. Passing the buck at every opportunity
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Teachers couldn't handle a six year old so they call a guy with a taser, gun,  handcuffs and a night stick?

Makes perrrfect sense.
View Quote
And then all the perfect parents here whine about it.

EVERYTHING starts at home.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They wanted the cop to scare the kid, not actually take action.
View Quote
I hate people that do crap like that.  I'm not there to scare your kid into being better because you cant be a parent.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#21]
This is why corporeal punishment belongs in schools.

Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow I thought I was a cop basher on this site.
Why is it I'm with the cops here and everyone else is piling it on them?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#25]
If the teacher cant control the students, they should be fired also. What kind of adult gets bested by a six year old...? As for the cop... Maybe time for a desk job.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#26]
You know it sometimes depends on the 6 year old.

I know everyone loves their outrage but there are grade schoolers committing murder out there. Not the majority but enough to take notice.

That said not everyone needs to have children and abortions very much cut down on this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#28]
My only two thoughts on this are:

1. If the adults at the school can't handle an unruly 6 year old, why are they there in the first place.

2. LEO should have told the school 6 year old brats are not his concern and left.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cop was retired and worked as a reserve working the school as an off duty detail due to then Gov. Rick Scott's gun control bill. Part of it requires a cop on every campus. Most schools hire cops as an off duty detail to comply with the law.
View Quote
Is he employed by the school or the state? Who is stuck paying for the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL should the parent be in the school all day?  Should we expect that kindergarten/1st grade age children are obedient little robots?

Imagine that, a 6-year old that doesn't listen or acts up. It's almost like these people are supposed to be professionals at managing children.  Arresting a 6-year old for battery is fucking football bat levels of retarded.

I know though everyone in here's daddy had them so scared of farting in school they taped their ass cheeks together because of the fear of what would happen should the school call home.

Is the kid a brat, maybe. For the sake of argument let's say the kid is the worst behaved 6-year old of all time. Could we as adults, not figure out a better course of action than to zip tie the kids hands and march them off to juvie?

Is this course of action likely to have a net positive outcome on the child and in turn society, or is this likely setting a course of action that will have net negative effects on both that child's life and society at large?
View Quote
You think that kid's behavior suddenly appeared?  I'd bet money the little terrorist was well-trained in a violent anti-authority environment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want the state to be the parent don't complain when the parenting is not to your liking.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
School called police. Police did police things. This is just more abdication of the rule of law to prevent the underclass from rioting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A FIRED COP IS THE KIND that arrests a six year old.

All charges against the little girl have been dropped. School says they never advocated for her arrest.
School called police. Police did police things. This is just more abdication of the rule of law to prevent the underclass from rioting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Title tells it all.  What is a cop thinking when he decides 'yup, this 6 year old hit a teacher, the solution here is to put the restraints on, put em in the squad, and hall em away!

AP article

youtube link  maybe someone can embed?
View Quote
It's "HAUL" them away bro.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#35]
The article states that school admin did not want the kids arrested, then why was the Officer there.

Apparently he was supposed to confer with his supervisor before arresting a person that young and ended up being fired.

I say we bring back paddling.

Oh and not getting enough sleep is not a reason to hit someone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How do you handle aggressive biting, kicking, and hitting from a 6 year old as a teacher? Remember you cannot go hands on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
teachers do not deserve to be hit

However, being hit by a 6 year old is something that's going to happen.  Being arrested is NOT an appropriate response when a 6 year old hits a teacher.
How do you handle aggressive biting, kicking, and hitting from a 6 year old as a teacher? Remember you cannot go hands on.
You say in a loud, scary (but not to scary) voice.. "STOP!... or I'll say STOP again!"
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Title tells it all.  What is a cop thinking when he decides 'yup, this 6 year old hit a teacher, the solution here is to put the restraints on, put em in the squad, and hall em away!

AP article

youtube link  maybe someone can embed?
View Quote
He's thinking the same thing he'll be thinking when he comes knocking on your door to ask about your gun collection
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#40]
My Aunt is a teacher in S FL(Tampa)... She said dealing w/ the parents of these kids w/ behavioral issues is a nightmare. You can see where & why the issues developed. Apples dont fall far...
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#41]
A cop who knows the kid needs a good spanking but doesn't want sued. When parents won't discipline their kid, won't let the school discipline their precious little spawn, this as the response they get as a reward.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This is why corporeal punishment belongs in schools.

View Quote
Absolutely. A six year old assaulting a teacher should make people wonder if he is assaulting the parents too. It isn't the school's job to fix the family but should have the ability fix the classroom problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Sure can tell a lot of you didn’t grow up in the old days, and it shows!
Now, an easily solvable problem, results in police arresting 6 year olds! What a damn joke this society has become!
So now, let’s give kids criminal records, over something so damn stupid, that a good ole fashion paddling would have solved! Without creating a criminal.
So damn stupid!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ve never arrested a young child, but have taken some to the psychiatric ER in the back of a cruiser.

All at the request of social workers or psychology professionals.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#49]
I'll just leave this here

8-year-old with gun try to rob store
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top