Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It seems like corporations are going overboard with the minority actors and actresses.  It seems like a slap in the face on how blatant the pandering and corporate woke is.  

I counted on one commercial break and it was like 20 minority actors and actresses versus like 3 white people.   Amazon had 100% African Americans in their 15$ minimum wage commercial.  

Jesus, give it a rest.  I get it.  Diversity.  But it’s going way overboard to pander.  Anyone else notice this?

In before I’m called racist.
View Quote

Corporations pandering? You don't say!!

Next it will be the politicians.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop and think: you’re noticing that no one on TV commercials look like you. It’s been that way for a lot of people for the past 70 years. Sure, maybe they’re going pretty far the other way, but everyone over-analyzes everything these days, just like most in this thread are, and it’s better to be over-diverse than under.

Why would you feel threatened by this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly.
Look at any college class dealing with feminism, LGBT issues, black studies, etc... it's all just Marxism, with certain key words and phrases changed to fit the room it's being pitched to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a Marxist cultural insurrection, but with race as the group identifiers instead of economics
This.
Exactly.
Look at any college class dealing with feminism, LGBT issues, black studies, etc... it's all just Marxism, with certain key words and phrases changed to fit the room it's being pitched to.

These nice Frankfurt School folks setup shop in academia and in Hollywood and have been programming us ever since…

https://iep.utm.edu/frankfur/

ETA: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_industry

That’s just a start.

Unfortunately the only people openly talking about this tend to be 88 types (fuck racists) … BUT that explains why we are told that Enemy #1 is “white supremecist extremists… blah blah blah..”

Things starting to make sense now?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
GD gets all up in arms about the masses being manipulated by marketing that promotes inclusiveness and diversity, but fails to recognize that their own attitudes about inclusiveness and diversity are also formed by marketing. Do people not understand that Fox news, talk radio, politicians, etc. are marketing an ideology for their own benefit? Remember, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product . . .
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm also pretty sure 75% of the population isn't gay.
View Quote

Maybe not, but I'm confident there's research that shows they spend money on consumer products at a rate that exceeds their percentage of the population.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm so tired of trying to explain this.

Honestly, take a marketing class.

It's all about making more money and appealing to a wider demographics. It's not about being woke, it's about how they can draw more people in and make more money.

To break it down Barney style. Here you go:

Boss to marketing/advertising department:
"Our internal figures show that 95% of our products are being purchased by white middle class families. How can we improve sales to minorities or gays?"

Marketing/advertisement department:
"Well since we've had consistent sales to white middle class America for the past 20 years, let's see if we can reach groups that aren't buying our products. How about the next commercial has a white husband, black wife, and a gay Asian neighbor."

Before you had commercials that were almost always 100% white couples.
How many demographics watching those commercials are seeing themselves using your product?
-White middle class families....check!
-Heterosexual couples....check!

Compared to a commercial with a white husband, black wife, and gay Asian neighbor.

How many demographics watching the commercial are now seeing themselves using your product?
-White husband for white people...check!
-Black wife for black people...check!
-Heterosexual couple for heterosexual couples...check!
-Mixed race couple for mixed race couples...check!
-Asian neighbor for Asian people...check!
-Gay neighbor gay people...check!

You're casting a much wider net when fishing.

Commercials are all about showing "you" (the consumer watching the commercial) using the product. It doesn't matter that gay or blacks are a tiny percentage of the population, marketers don't give a shit about demographic statistics in regards to actual population if they happen to already have one strong demographic consistently buying their products. The only demographic statistics they care about is reaching people that aren't currently buying their products, adding them, and making more money. That's it.

Now can we please save this post for the other dozen threads that will bring this up every few months?

View Quote

There is much wrong about this post. You know very little about marketing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

These nice Frankfurt School folks setup shop in academia and in Hollywood and have been programming us ever since…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a Marxist cultural insurrection, but with race as the group identifiers instead of economics
This.
Exactly.

A good book on the philosophical underpinnings of the whole thing:
"The Devil's Pleasure Palace: The Cult of Critical Theory and the Subversion of the West"

This shit goes back a long way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The hard reality that so many struggle to accept is that black people, brown people and gay people are part of America. They are here. They're going to stay. In fact, they're increasing as a share of the population. They're going to participate in the economy, provide services, shop in stores, etc. They will go to our schools and churches. They will work alongside us at our workplaces. They will marry our sons and daughters. In short, they are us.

Everybody likes to talk about America as great melting pot, until it's time to stir in the other ingredients. Well, America is no longer a predominantly white culture where "others" are expected to remain in the shadows (or the servant's quarters).

I know it's difficult to accept, but it's a fact. Get over it.

View Quote

They aren’t 90% of America

I know it is difficult to accept but there is an agenda being pushed.  It is a fact.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GD gets all up in arms about the masses being manipulated by marketing that promotes inclusiveness and diversity, but fails to recognize that their own attitudes about inclusiveness and diversity are also formed by marketing. Do people not understand that Fox news, talk radio, politicians, etc. are marketing an agenda for their own benefit? Remember, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product . . .
View Quote
Oh geez... I thought you were a legit poster. Now I see, I was wasting my time feeding a troll.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's up with the monthly threads in GD about minorities in commercials?
View Quote

GD is, and long has been, on topic cycles.   Pretty much all of GD repeats every 3 months or so.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stop and think: you’re noticing that no one on TV commercials look like you. It’s been that way for a lot of people for the past 70 years. Sure, maybe they’re going pretty far the other way, but everyone over-analyzes everything these days, just like most in this thread are, and it’s better to be over-diverse than under.
View Quote
Go back to sleep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe not, but I'm confident there's research that shows they spend money on consumer products at a rate that exceeds their percentage of the population.
View Quote

(More expenditure on a average) * 0.03 is radically less than (average expenditure) *  0.97

Next basic math problem?

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw one yesterday with a black man looking in the mirror....commercial was for HIV medication.

The thought that immediately came to mind was how long until someone complains about a minority being in the HIV commercial.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If that's how modern business works, you won't need to worry about them long. They'll be bankrupt soon enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t understand how modern business works. It isn’t just selling a product, it is satisfying major investors requirements for “wokeness”.

If that's how modern business works, you won't need to worry about them long. They'll be bankrupt soon enough.

No they won’t. Do you think State Farm will go broke because their ads are less effective?  

You really don’t have a clue regarding the forces at work behind this stuff.

Ads moved beyond selling a product long ago. Everything is agenda driven.  If it wasn’t, it wouldn’t even be allowed on TV.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No doubt.   One of the emails I get is Talbots, a luxury women's clothing company that is VERY classic and mainstream.  They almost always have a black woman model first on the list of stuff they are selling in the email.   I wouldn't be surprised if black women are less than 1% of their customer base.  It is probably less than .01%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is amazing that with how much TV I watch, I can't recall the last time I bought or didn't buy something based on a commercial.  None of those ad dollars reach me.  Now, if they were to advertise excellent guns, beer or explosives, I would probably be influenced.  

But yes, I do laugh at all the commercials that show blacks even though they aren't even close to being in the target demographic.

No doubt.   One of the emails I get is Talbots, a luxury women's clothing company that is VERY classic and mainstream.  They almost always have a black woman model first on the list of stuff they are selling in the email.   I wouldn't be surprised if black women are less than 1% of their customer base.  It is probably less than .01%.

Yeah, but they’re selling the shit out of it to white women who want to feel good about themselves because they “care about others”.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you figure out how to get an ID along the way too? Just curious...
View Quote

ID??? I’ll do you one better...I can swim like a fish...lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#17]
They don't want your money.   For God's sake, don't give it to them.  

Hell, Amazon advertises a "Black Business Accelerator".  

The racism and hatred is over the top with these worthless pieces of trash.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I never watch TV.  Last month I visited friends, watched several hours of TV with their kids.  85% of the actors were black, brown, Asian.  There were many gays or gay couples.  The only white women in relationships were in relationships with black men.  The only white men were either older fat morons or young wimpy guys.

The propaganda is real.
View Quote

Apparently it's not OK, to be white. There is a war on that privilege's thing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:03:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
GD gets all up in arms about the masses being manipulated by marketing that promotes inclusiveness and diversity, but fails to recognize that their own attitudes about inclusiveness and diversity are also formed by marketing. Do people not understand that Fox news, talk radio, politicians, etc. are marketing an ideology for their own benefit? Remember, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product . . .
View Quote

Why do you assume that anyone who notices the pandering is a devout Fox News watcher? I certainly am not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know it is difficult to accept but there is an agenda being pushed.  It is a fact.
View Quote

Blacks are 13 percent of the U.S. population.
Hispanics are 18 percent of the U.S. population
Asians are 6 percent.
Add in native Americans and a few other identifiable groups and you're looking at roughly 40 percent of the U.S. population that is not "white."

Women account for 50.8. percent of the U.S. population.

White males are a minority in America. That's actually a fact . . .

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/RHI725219
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is not accurate.   In the past, the advertising was directed toward those with the legitimate money to buy their products.    Now, those people are written off as guaranteed customers.

I say stop spending with them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#22]
That's the beauty of cultural Marxism.. even the conservatives think you're nuts for pointing it out. Try to be less white bro.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No they won’t. Do you think State Farm will go broke because their ads are less effective? .
View Quote

Do you really think the new black Jake is less effective than the old white Jake? Really? Are you suggesting you're less likely to choose State Farm as your insurance provider because they hired a black actor?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll admit it's been a drinking game. "Gay or minority"
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Asians are 6 percent.
Add in native Americans and a few other identifiable groups and you're looking at roughly 40 percent of the U.S. population that is not "white."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asians are 6 percent.

White Alone Percent 76.3%
White Alone Not Hispanic or Latino 60.1%

Males are a minority in America, no matter how large or small you slice the demographic

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My favorite was the commercial for a new psorasis medication featuring a black man.

Thing is, psorasis is pretty much a white guy disease. It would be like me doing a commercial for a sickle cell anemia cure.
View Quote

I like the denture commercial..it shows a 30 something BF as a fire fighter running around..the product and commercial are not even linked anymore..it's just we are woke buy our shit
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm so tired of trying to explain this.

Honestly, take a marketing class.

It's all about making more money and appealing to a wider demographics. It's not about being woke, it's about how they can draw more people in and make more money.

To break it down Barney style. Here you go:

Boss to marketing/advertising department:
"Our internal figures show that 95% of our products are being purchased by white middle class families. How can we improve sales to minorities or gays?"

Marketing/advertisement department:
"Well since we've had consistent sales to white middle class America for the past 20 years, let's see if we can reach groups that aren't buying our products. How about the next commercial has a white husband, black wife, and a gay Asian neighbor."

Before you had commercials that were almost always 100% white couples.
How many demographics watching those commercials are seeing themselves using your product?
-White middle class families....check!
-Heterosexual couples....check!

Compared to a commercial with a white husband, black wife, and gay Asian neighbor.

How many demographics watching the commercial are now seeing themselves using your product?
-White husband for white people...check!
-Black wife for black people...check!
-Heterosexual couple for heterosexual couples...check!
-Mixed race couple for mixed race couples...check!
-Asian neighbor for Asian people...check!
-Gay neighbor gay people...check!

You're casting a much wider net when fishing.

Commercials are all about showing "you" (the consumer watching the commercial) using the product. It doesn't matter that gay or blacks are a tiny percentage of the population, marketers don't give a shit about demographic statistics in regards to actual population if they happen to already have one strong demographic consistently buying their products. The only demographic statistics they care about is reaching people that aren't currently buying their products, adding them, and making more money. That's it.

Now can we please save this post for the other dozen threads that will bring this up every few months?

That is correct.   IF people have a brain, they will walk away from the products and companies that don't want them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why do you assume that anyone who notices the pandering is a devout Fox News watcher? I certainly am not.
View Quote

Fox is just an example. I also mentioned politicians and talk radio. You can add in various "conservative" websites.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, but they’re selling the shit out of it to white women who want to feel good about themselves because they “care about others”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is amazing that with how much TV I watch, I can't recall the last time I bought or didn't buy something based on a commercial.  None of those ad dollars reach me.  Now, if they were to advertise excellent guns, beer or explosives, I would probably be influenced.  

But yes, I do laugh at all the commercials that show blacks even though they aren't even close to being in the target demographic.

Avoid the stupid white women.   Look for the smart white women who have stopped buying the bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.
View Quote
LOL. I asked one of my black coworkers one time about why I never see black people camping and he laughed and said "man, that's some white people shit!". Just cultural things I guess.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is correct.   IF people have a brain, they will walk away from the products and companies that don't want them.
View Quote

"Just walk away"

Ok...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#32]

The American Empire lost a war they refused to accept they were fighting. Acceleration point was achieved last year, good luck everyone.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Look at LL Bean's Instagram feed, it's maybe 80% black a bunch of urban stuff. They and Winnebago sponsor a black woman with a white husband who go camping. The day I find a black guy camping I'll let Gd know.

National Parks service freaked out over black people not camping. Jesus it's not like camping is some expensive white golf club that can black ball African Americans.
View Quote
I ran a river last month. 90 miles through Oregon into Washington. I saw a fair number of other rafts along the way, because the upper stretch is popular for short trips, and you see a lot of dories guiding fisherman.
I did not see a single black. Not one.
This has been a common experience for me in the outdoors.
Something must be done about it!
I can tell you that Mountain House is now woke. I use their meals on lightweight backpacking and hunting trips. You now see "diversity" on their packaging. My favorite is the lasagna: there is a picture of a white couple and a black guy up on some mountain, sitting around a stove laughing. Every time I see it I laugh, and imagine them saying "...a brother out here? Can you believe this shit?"
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Males are a minority in America, no matter how large or small you slice the demographic

View Quote

True, but women are also part of the effort to make America more inclusive and diverse. I suspect in a different thread, we'd see GD dissing on "women's liberation," Me Too, pay equity, etc.

Also, online discussions aside, how many white folks look at a Hispanic and think, "Oh, that's another white guy"? So, like I said, 40 percent are non-white.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Stop watching TV
View Quote

So much this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

True, but women are also part of the effort to make America more inclusive and diverse. I suspect in a different thread, we'd see GD dissing on "women's liberation," Me Too, pay equity, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can do it in this thread too

All those things turned out to be agitprop for a globalist agenda to weaken America, based on lies that worked spectacularly well
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So much this.
View Quote

Except you see it when you log into your bank
At the store with the mural ads on the wall
The magazine you read about your favorite hobby
Current music
Movies

White culture is being erased, and I'm being told to deal with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#39]
It's all part of the #whitemanbad agenda.

Straight whites are the only group that are underrepresented on television.

Did I make it in before the always-the-contrarian types insinuate you are racist if you care about this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Current music
Movies

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/515249/4_jpg-2022370.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So much this.

Current music
Movies

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/515249/4_jpg-2022370.JPG

They got a white woman standing on the trailer

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They got a white woman standing on the trailer

View Quote

Fight the Patriarchy!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I suppose they believe the black people couldn't get acting jobs on their own merit, so they must be given those jobs for their skin color.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Bring back the new Dodge Girl.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

seems like we're having them bi-monthly, didn't we have one last week? That said I've wondered the same thing.....are whites already in the minority?
View Quote

Being white, I'm definitely the minority in my area, and (knock on wood) everybody gets along.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Tax breaks likely play a part as well.

I wonder if this is what minorities felt like all these years... almost no one on TV looks like me
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Tax breaks likely play a part as well.

I wonder if this is what minorities felt like all these years... almost no one on TV looks like me
View Quote

LOL. Sure they do. You’re just not offended by the white folks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Don't forget that any white males that are portrayed in commercials will invariably be shown to be stupid, or incompetent in some way.

Oh, and 100% of burglars in home security commercials are white guys, just like in real life
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#48]
If you knew nothing about America, its demographics, and the number of gays etc and only watched TV commercials to learn about it you would walk away thinking that the majority of houses were mixed race and that there were significantly more gay households than there really are.

Corporations and their BS is really sickening!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because it IS a threat. In order to genocide a group, you must first demonize, ostracize, or remove them from the public consciousness. This shit is the first baby steps in that direction. Despite leftist propaganda, diversity IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN A "STRENGTH". That's 0% "PC" but 100% the truth. This is also why when white men are in commercials they are increasingly portrayed as inept, stupid, or somehow "feminized". This is intentional is is not "righting a wrong". It's cultural genocide and if you listen to the people who espouse this shit, they will tell you straight up they want ACTUAL genocide.

Also, marketing 101 is you try to appeal to the largest audience. You market to the biggest demographic possible. To not do so is playing bullshit social justice politics and to many with a brain this is off-putting.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I ran a river last month. 90 miles through Oregon into Washington. I saw a fair number of other rafts along the way, because the upper stretch is popular for short trips, and you see a lot of dories guiding fisherman.
I can tell you that Mountain House is now woke. I use their meals on lightweight backpacking and hunting trips. You now see "diversity" on their packaging. My favorite is the lasagna: there is a picture of a white couple and a black guy up on some mountain, sitting around a stove laughing. Every time I see it I laugh, and imagine them saying "...a brother out here? Can you believe this shit?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had similar experiences but to see the cover on an REI sales flyer you would think the opposite were true.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top