Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I need that, any idea on when they are actually going to hit the market?  Can't find anything.
View Quote

I think it said Dec in the video.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]

The cloned pliers look interesting. I might give them a squeeze in the store with an object that gives me my best grip.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

I like the changes they have announced for the US General boxes. I may have to buy one or two in the spring.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think it said Dec in the video.
View Quote

Hmm, was going to buy the long reach/low profile one this week but may hold off for this one.  

Would still need to get an extension for that one to lift high enough.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Chyna
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bauer Tools - work for 24 hours, then you're outta time.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hmm, was going to buy the long reach/low profile one this week but may hold off for this one.  

Would still need to get an extension for that one to lift high enough.
View Quote

The long reach low profile is perfect my BRZ. I ordered a box of hockey pucks from Amazon to use as sacrificial pads for that and the pinch welds over jack stands.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s actually turning into Taiwanese dick. Still not too big so it’s ok…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't choke on that Chinese dick

It’s actually turning into Taiwanese dick. Still not too big so it’s ok…

Like Kobalt and new Craftsman.

I grudgingly admit liking the feel of my brand new Icon and Kobalt ratchets & wrenches better than my 25 year old US-made Craftsman stuff.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#9]
May not be quite tall enough but the sawhorse could be used for a hanging target stand.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
May not be quite tall enough but the sawhorse could be used for a hanging target stand.
View Quote

I use clapped out patio furniture for that.
The frame is still good after the seat and backs degrade.
Put a target on the back and viola, foldable target stand.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Metal fence post and a 2x4 or an old swing frame
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’m waiting for the Badland Jack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuHoidlrs58
View Quote

This is what I’m waiting for
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like the changes they have announced for the US General boxes. I may have to buy one or two in the spring.
View Quote

Been perfectly happy with my Series 2.  Maybe they'll blow them out to make room for the Series 3.  A 72" in blue would be great!
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#15]
This guy reviewed 8 different makes of woodworking parallel clamps and picked the HF Bremen clamps as one of the best:

Best Parallel Clamp? Harbor Freight vs Bessey, Jet, & More!

Based on this and a couple other videos, I decided to buy four of them.  Ordered Thursday, received the following Monday - pretty dang good service if you ask me.

Love them.  I'm using them to clamp my 7 boards stacks for the table top for my Pallet Rack Work Bench:

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]
A coworker of mine is a Snap-On fanatic, has a ton of their tools, but buys a lot of the Icon stuff to use at work since we occasionally leave tools behind on a ship. Years back we were working on a shipyard project and were packing up to leave for the day. As we were going down the gangway he realized he left a Snap-On ratchet behind, we turned around to get it, only 5 minutes later the $150 ratchet was gone.

The Icon tools compare pretty favorably to the Snap-On tools that they're generally copying.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've thought about buying the battery powered stapler for targets a million times and each time talked myself out of it because stapling is totally trivial with a manual stapler. Shit, even an office desk stapler.

Just seems like something to forget batteries to.

Those lanterns are handy and the sawhorses look decent.
View Quote

Those lanterns are handy and the sawhorses look decent.

Until you load it up with lumber and the legs sink 8” into the ground…. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've been wanting a few of those but they are always out of stock locally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy reviewed 8 different makes of woodworking parallel clamps and picked the HF Bremen clamps as one of the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA4nhgY30kU

Based on this and a couple other videos, I decided to buy four of them.  Ordered Thursday, received the following Monday - pretty dang good service if you ask me.

Love them.  I'm using them to clamp my 7 boards stacks for the table top for my Pallet Rack Work Bench:

https://i.imgur.com/VYghVHt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UeCc3Dp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Au0hnYY.jpg

I've been wanting a few of those but they are always out of stock locally.
The 24" are available over the internet, it's how I got mine.  The 48" are In Store Only.  Since I'm 30 miles from the nearest HF, I'll have to wait to get the 48 versions.  If you want the 24s you can buy them now.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I was thumbing through a old woodworking magazine from 1997 while it was raining this  morning, and I ran across this blast from the past.
Potato pics:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Been perfectly happy with my Series 2.  Maybe they'll blow them out to make room for the Series 3.  A 72" in blue would be great!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My gripe is that the drawers don't stay shut if they're not locked.

Granted, I had mine in a service truck so it got shook around a lot more than it would in a garage. If they'd have put the latches from the carts on the toolbox drawers, it would have been great.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Granted, I had mine in a service truck so it got shook around a lot more than it would in a garage. If they'd have put the latches from the carts on the toolbox drawers, it would have been great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Series 3 will have the same plastic full length latch as the full bank service cart
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope so, I just bought a 44" yamaha blue one with my 25% off "we miss you coupon", but I want another one! Maybe black Friday?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I need to reupholster 8 dining chairs.  Not sure I want the cordless 4V.
Any recommendations for a stapler for this task? I have a hand stapler but could make job easier with pneumatic or electric or?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Don't choke on that Chinese dick
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I need to reupholster 8 dining chairs.  Not sure I want the cordless 4V.
Any recommendations for a stapler for this task? I have a hand stapler but could make job easier with pneumatic or electric or?
View Quote

@outdoorgb

If you have a small compressor to run it, this one is tits:

stapler

I bought one recently to install a bunch of insulation.  MUCH easier than a hand operated one.

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@outdoorgb

If you have a small compressor to run it, this one is tits:

stapler

I bought one recently to install a bunch of insulation.  MUCH easier than a hand operated one.

View Quote

@mattellis2

Prefect and only $40 + staples. I'll probably go that route. I do have a great little compressor I bought for my brad nailer use and general car/motorcycle tires.

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I've gotten some good Japanese tools from amazon.jp.  Cheaper including shipping than amazon USA.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I heard the Harbor Freight Icon line is made by Snap-On.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@mattellis2

Prefect and only $40 + staples. I'll probably go that route. I do have a great little compressor I bought for my brad nailer use and general car/motorcycle tires.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74443/compressor_PNG-2603509.png
View Quote

I've had the same compressor for around 2-3 years, still works great for small jobs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Is that little Icon pocket ratchet set really worth it?
I've been recommended to get this a few times as I've got a gift card to use and can't really find anything I want.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I RM a USPSA match every month of the year.  I'm really not sure how the stapler being battery powered would make my life easier.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought the bit set a few days ago, they had 4 in stock.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I bought the bit set a few days ago, they had 4 in stock.
View Quote

Lucky. They are hard to find around here
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is that little Icon pocket ratchet set really worth it?
I've been recommended to get this a few times as I've got a gift card to use and can't really find anything I want.
View Quote

Maintenance techs at work love them.  I found one the other day and have used it some. Really really handy
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maintenance techs at work love them.  I found one the other day and have used it some. Really really handy
View Quote

Picked one up today to cash out that card.
Seems well made, smaller than I thought, and expensive.
I'm not a tool guy, though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m waiting for the Badland Jack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuHoidlrs58

Same here, but I will wait for some reviews to roll in first.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You can get the stanley sawhorses sorta like those from ace as a pair for $30.

its on slick deals. I think i got them cheaper a while back but they work well.
View Quote

At that price I can use them to hang steel targets.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Based upon videos on Youtube I bought one of their 27 gallon Fortress compressors.  I've been very happy with it so far except for finding one potential serious flaw.  The drain is not actually on the lower most part of the tank.  It's off to the side for convenient access but that means it leaves at least a couple inches of water undrained UNLESS you tip the whole damn thing to the side with the valve open.  I only found this after months of use in a humid garage and now any water that drains is very rust colored.  I'm thinking of corresponding with them about it.  Kinda troubling to know you have a ticking bomb in there.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lucky. They are hard to find around here
View Quote
The Boaz, AL store was showing stock.  Couldn't bring myself to drive that far.  Time, not gas prices....
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Based upon videos on Youtube I bought one of their 27 gallon Fortress compressors.  I've been very happy with it so far except for finding one potential serious flaw.  The drain is not actually on the lower most part of the tank.  It's off to the side for convenient access but that means it leaves at least a couple inches of water undrained UNLESS you tip the whole damn thing to the side with the valve open.  I only found this after months of use in a humid garage and now any water that drains is very rust colored.  I'm thinking of corresponding with them about it.  Kinda troubling to know you have a ticking bomb in there.
View Quote

Every air compressor tank will get rusty inside.

Agree that it's stupid to not put the drain in the low spot though. On compressors that I've had, I screw a 90° fitting into the tank and run a length of plastic air line out to a valve that's easy to reach.

I've also had a rusted out tank let go on me. It was a little exciting and made a rusty water mess inside the service truck but it didn't hurt anything besides the tank. It basically just had a crack in the weakest spot in the rust.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Agree that it's stupid to not put the drain in the low spot though. On compressors that I've had, I screw a 90° fitting into the tank and run a length of plastic air line out to a valve that's easy to reach.

I've also had a rusted out tank let go on me. It was a little exciting and made a rusty water mess inside the service truck but it didn't hurt anything besides the tank. It basically just had a crack in the weakest spot in the rust.
View Quote

How long did the failure take?  I just bought it new this past March.  Figure I'll get at least a few years use before it explodes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Boaz, AL store was showing stock.  Couldn't bring myself to drive that far.  Time, not gas prices....
View Quote

And going to meth mountain
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And going to meth mountain
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did this to my Craftsman a few years back, the little screw in air release was crap.

When you close the valve it is recessed back quite a bit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

literally every piece of electronics you own has Chinese parts in it.
View Quote

Some things can't be helped.

There's no Chinese shit in any of my Snap on boxes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Some things can't be helped.

There's no Chinese shit in any of my Snap on boxes.
View Quote

There is a lot of CN shit in my tool boxes.  And none of it has had the Snap On tax applied.

Some of us are just home gamers and understand value.  Some are pros and understand Snap On is worth when it comes to our revenue stream.  If you want to keep up your militant "F China" trope, then log off the internet.  No US company makes SFP/QSFP/XFP devices.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How long did the failure take?  I just bought it new this past March.  Figure I'll get at least a few years use before it explodes.
View Quote

The compressor was in a service truck that I had moved into and I think the truck was 5-6 years old when I got it. The compressor probably came new with the truck. Also the drain was stripped out and wouldn't drain when I got it, so who knows how long it went without being drained before I fixed it.

If I had to guess, you'll probably wear something out on the compressor before the tank fails, especially if you're taking the effort to tip it and drain it every so often.

Like I said though, every tank will rust inside because they can't paint the inside. Every brand new compressor I've had has spit out rusty water when it gets drained pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:02:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Should be able to buy for sub $35 with coupon

review in here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOQk0Y3sYI
View Quote

Sold on Ryobi! (mostly because I'm already on their ecosystem)
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top