Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
At one employer they handed out gift cards in values from $30 to $100 depending on some factors like prefect attendance, etc.

The following year the value of those gift cards was reported on our W2 as required by the IRS. People were losing their minds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does that mean no vacation/PTO taken, or just no sick days or random call outs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my employer this year offered a 500 dollar per month perfect attendance bonus, 2000-dollar bonus if you only miss 2 days the entire year, holiday bonus based on time of service and current pay rate.

Does that mean no vacation/PTO taken, or just no sick days or random call outs?

no call outs.  vacations and our 3 no point no pay days are excusable.  i currently get 3 weeks pto that renews every jan 1.  soon I'll be up to 4 weeks.  i make over 75k before bonuses a year so i don't complain too much
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The problem is caused by the employer not the employee.

They set the expectations and conditions of the working environment. Culture comes from the top.

People get upset when those change unexpectedly or without warning.

If you are not comfortable with your ability to provide your employees a Christmas Bonus, do not do so in the first place, or do so in a reasonable and sustainable manner.

The problem with a Christmas bonus is that it comes every year, and is touted in the spirit of giving. This is substantively different than an end of year bonus or a performance bonus, and it should be known that is the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never gotten a Christmas bonus..........I thought the idea of a "bonus" was that is was......a bonus....

I think when folks PLAN on the bonus, is where the problem is........sounds like this problem exists more with the employee than the employer.....

Is your "bonus" in your employee contract....Is it part of your salary........I doubt it........lets stop expecting free $$$$$$.....that is what the LEFT does......

Pretty soon folks are going to want "Bonus reparations"......

They set the expectations and conditions of the working environment. Culture comes from the top.

If you are not comfortable with your ability to provide your employees a Christmas Bonus, do not do so in the first place, or do so in a reasonable and sustainable manner.

The problem with a Christmas bonus is that it comes every year, and is touted in the spirit of giving. This is substantively different than an end of year bonus or a performance bonus, and it should be known that is the case.

Agree.  If I was making the decisions, I’d NEVER give a Christmas bonus, or any other holiday/seasonal company wide bonus.

What starts as literally an above and beyond gift, becomes an entitlement.

So poor decision making on AeroPrevision in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At one employer they handed out gift cards in values from $30 to $100 depending on some factors like prefect attendance, etc.

The following year the value of those gift cards was reported on our W2 as required by the IRS. People were losing their minds.
View Quote

Unfortunately that’s the IRS for you. Muh cash equivalent.

Fucking feds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where to start:

You are talking about emotions not factual economic situations which can change no matter how well you plan (as an employer)........

-Expectations;  what if the employer expected to make more that year and didn't (but the last 15yrs+ he did, but Covid hit and a recession) You can't plan or be perfect in everything as an employer (employee's are perfect either......)

-So would your staff prefer never to get a "bonus" or get one sometimes when it can be afforded (assuming the employer is honorable , just like we are assuming the employee is honorable)

-"Unexpected changes"-  If bonus's can't be paid one year, don't you think the employer is upset as well that they didn't make as much profit to provide a bonus to emplyee's.

Folks in these conversations talk about feelings when they should be talking about the accounting...........and P&L  (profit & loss sheet).

You are right....employees do get upset, but maybe we employees should still see the whole picture better than we do......this is a 1st world problem.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agree.  If I was making the decisions, I’d NEVER give a Christmas bonus, or any other holiday/seasonal company wide bonus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never gotten a Christmas bonus..........I thought the idea of a "bonus" was that is was......a bonus....

I think when folks PLAN on the bonus, is where the problem is........sounds like this problem exists more with the employee than the employer.....

Is your "bonus" in your employee contract....Is it part of your salary........I doubt it........lets stop expecting free $$$$$$.....that is what the LEFT does......

Pretty soon folks are going to want "Bonus reparations"......

Yeah it’s definitely a shitty situation.

The level of entitlement that some people feel gets absolutely insane. But I still think it’s an important thing for employees, as holidays are super expensive, and it can help with travel, gifts, etc.

Years ago I worked at a place that did it really well. There was (what I later found out) a manufactured sense of scarcity of whether or not bonuses were happening, so everyone was on their toes about and and no one really expected it to happen, until the owner started walking around handing them to everyone in a handwritten card Mid-December. They were not tied to salary, but to years on the job, so each year they went up. Usually there would be an accompanying gift card.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

......................But I'm sure Aero originally planned on giving a bonus every year....but they don't know the future.....employees don't........I sure don't......
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
My employer started doing "perfect attendance" bonuses, with minimum hours required, for Q3 and Q4 since they are our busiest season of the year.
Then we had our slowest "busy" season ever, and hours were cut, and pretty much nobody worked enough hours to get the bonus.

I did not qualify for Q3 but barring anything happening in the next 2 weeks I will for Q4. Yippeee

ETA: Just checked the hours for my department and it's only going to be me and MAYBE one other guy that get it. I'm only lucky enough because my counterpart took 2 weeks off so I had to cover.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where to start:

You are talking about emotions not factual economic situations which can change no matter how well you plan (as an employer)........

-Expectations;  what if the employer expected to make more that year and didn't (but the last 15yrs+ he did, but Covid hit and a recession) You can't plan or be perfect in everything as an employer (employee's are perfect either......)

-So would your staff prefer never to get a "bonus" or get one sometimes when it can be afforded (assuming the employer is honorable , just like we are assuming the employee is honorable)

-"Unexpected changes"-  If bonus's can be paid one year, don't you think the employer is upset as well that they didn't make as much profit to provide a bonus to emplyee's.

Folks in these conversations talk about feelings when they should be talking about the accounting...........and P&L  (profit & loss sheet).

You are right....employees do get upset, but maybe we employees should still see the whole picture better than we do..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where to start:

-"Unexpected changes"-  If bonus's can be paid one year, don't you think the employer is upset as well that they didn't make as much profit to provide a bonus to emplyee's.

You are right....employees do get upset, but maybe we employees should still see the whole picture better than we do..

The management of emotions is a critical aspect of leading groups of people. People are not robots, emotions function as a huge aspect of the human experience, and should be taken into account when you are in a leadership position.

As a person in a leadership role, you have the sole ability to manage everyone’s expectations and set the tone of the business. Not addressing an issue doesn’t mean people don’t talk about it, it just means you have no input in the discussion, which is going to create an incredibly toxic environment.

Your good intentions mean fuck all if you don’t communicate when they go sideways so people can prepare accordingly.

If you can’t afford more than a $5 gift card to <500 employees, you can’t afford the $5 gift card in the first place. If things are that desperate, it’s a sign better decisions weren’t made earlier in the season by management. We’re talking $2500 at most in this scenario.

You think the CEO got a bonus more than that this year? What about upper management?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.
View Quote

That’s like 1 and a half of a certain service
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The management of emotions is a critical aspect of leading groups of people. People are not robots, emotions function as a huge aspect of the human experience, and should be taken into account when you are in a leadership position.

As a person in a leadership role, you have the sole ability to manage everyone’s expectations and set the tone of the business. Not addressing an issue doesn’t mean people don’t talk about it, it just means you have no input in the discussion, which is going to create an incredibly toxic environment.

Your good intentions mean fuck all if you don’t communicate when they go sideways so people can prepare accordingly.

If you can’t afford more than a $5 gift card to <500 employees, you can’t afford the $5 gift card in the first place. If things are that desperate, it’s a sign better decisions weren’t made earlier in the season by management. We’re talking $2500 at most in this scenario.

You think the CEO got a bonus more than that this year? What about upper management?
View Quote

Your absolutely right........in a perfect world.....

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

You can’t preemptively determine how you are treated.

If you’ve worked for a place that historically has given out bonuses and one year they switch it last minute for a $5 gift card, you’ve every right to be upset.

If you’re in a managerial position and know you won’t be giving out bonuses, you should preemptively let it be known among your employees so they can make other arrangements.

As someone who has to deal with the other side of this, I view not giving bonuses the same way I view not paying payroll. That is an absolute worst case scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is some commie shit. Who cares what their profits were or weren't?

If you don't like how you are treated at Aero, go work somewhere else.

That’s a stupid take.

If you’ve worked for a place that historically has given out bonuses and one year they switch it last minute for a $5 gift card, you’ve every right to be upset.

If you’re in a managerial position and know you won’t be giving out bonuses, you should preemptively let it be known among your employees so they can make other arrangements.

As someone who has to deal with the other side of this, I view not giving bonuses the same way I view not paying payroll. That is an absolute worst case scenario.

Bold is why a lot of companies don't give bonuses. They don't want to create the entitlement mentality that a lot of posters here seem to have. As someone earlier posted, a "bonus" is something extra and should not be expected as a matter of course unless it's part of one's compensation package.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

View Quote

Your first statement literally contradicts everything that follows, along with being stupid and incorrect.  

You can't preemptively determine how you're treated, but if you preemptively assume that you're getting the bonus you got last year and you don't, you have a right to be pissed.

And you can preemptively determine how you're going to be treated. It's called reading your employment contract. Does it include a written promise of a Christmas bonus? No? Then I guess you can thank your lucky stars when you get one.

How does Bernie's fumunda cheese taste anyway?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]
If smart they will be moving to a free state shortly, that will be a lot of money to do.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bold is why a lot of companies don't give bonuses. They don't want to create the entitlement mentality that a lot of posters here seem to have. As someone earlier posted, a "bonus" is something extra and should not be expected as a matter of course unless it's part of one's compensation package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

No, most companies don’t give Christmas Bonuses because they are more concerned with the bottom line and extracting maximum value from their employees while spending as little as possible for it.

I’d be curious to see statistics on it, but I’d bet that as a percentage family owned businesses are much more likely to have a Christmas bonus program.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Your first statement literally contradicts everything that follows, along with being stupid and incorrect.  

You can't preemptively determine how you're treated, but if you preemptively assume that you're getting the bonus you got last year and you don't, you have a right to be pissed.

And you can preemptively determine how you're going to be treated. It's called reading your employment contract. Does it include a written promise of a Christmas bonus? No? Then I guess you can thank your lucky stars when you get one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

>humans are calculating robots that conduct themselves off of strictly agreed upon contracts and any emotional response that does not align with prior contracts is bad

Your brain has been corrupted by both liberalism and corporatism and you’re too brain rotted to even realize it.

Not only that, but unless you’re directly responsible for ensuring employees get things like bonuses, I could really give a fuck about your opinion and it is highly irrelevant.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a realistic take on the subject........
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#18]
We don’t get Christmas bonuses at my work but there have been a few times in the past when they surprised us with neat gifts. Each time everyone in the company was given the same gift. The first time we were all given iPad Minis. Subsequent times we got a Sonos wifi speakers, Apple Airbuds, and Beats Studio headphones. We don’t get gifts every year so they aren’t expected. They occasionally give us $10 Starbucks cards for various occasions.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fucking feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking feds.

Talk about losing their minds, we gave out a few 100$ gift cards to a few people last month that really went beyond what they were asked to do, lol HR messed up, not only did they take the taxes out of their next paycheck (everyone knew this rule already) but they mistakenly took the whole 100$ plus taxes, one poor guy also had his boot allowance come out of his check as well lol, they all got it back on their next pay period, but still it sucked for them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

A lot of companies also can't manage to maintain good employees.  

what a coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Talk about losing their minds, we gave out a few 100$ gift cards to a few people last month that really went beyond what they were asked to do, lol HR messed up, not only did they take the taxes out of their next paycheck (everyone knew this rule already) but they mistakenly took the whole 100$ plus taxes, one poor guy also had his boot allowance come out of his check as well lol, they all got it back on their next pay period, but still it sucked for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking feds.

Payroll mistakes are always the worst.

In my experience employees always assume the worst and think it was intentional, and not a case of an errant keystroke or simple mistake of accounting.

Of everything I’ve ever done in a business, payroll was always the most stressful.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
times are tough life is hard.
be real happy if you even get a card
tnstaafl
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In my experience employees always assume the worst and think it was intentional, and not a case of an errant keystroke or simple mistake of accounting.

Of everything I’ve ever done in a business, payroll was always the most stressful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking feds.

I've cut many checks on the spot to fix payrolls fuckups.  Easy moral booster.  No one works for free
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've cut many checks on the spot to fix payrolls fuckups.  Easy moral booster.  No one works for free
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking feds.

Generally the best way to handle it, but to even be at that point is embarrassing.

To this day my favorite payroll mistake I’ve ever seen was involving a friend that had never worked salary at a private company before whose last job was military.

First check, we’re in truck heading to lunch and he suddenly brings up, “So how does salary work?”, and I begin explaining it to him only for him to interrupt and go “oh, i think there was a mistake on my check”.

Keystroke error with the payroll provider that somehow no one caught, they entered his yearly salary as his two week rate
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#25]
We get a $25 gift check thing from Butterball. It’s good for anything in the grocery store. I give it to my parents, since my mom cooks some kickass homemade biscuits and sausage gravy for us for Christmas breakfast.

I am getting a really nice commissions check this month. But I earned that.

Don’t care about a Christmas bonus. I’ve got a badass job. My manager can be challenging to deal with, but we have a love/hate relationship and I’m one of her highest performers.

I started right when covid hit and just like a lot of companies, ours felt the financial strain. I was brand new and could have definitely been considered low hanging fruit if they needed to cut staff.

Instead, they extended my commissions guarantee for 6 months.

I’m like anyone and I get frustrated with my job. But overall I am grateful for everything they give me for the work I do.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We made hundreds of millions of dollars at my plant this year.

We'll get nothing.  LOL.  Raise was decent this year, we'll see what the new owners do next year.  Honestly, the only thing that I really want is for us to all receive personalized coffee mugs for the control center/shelter so the gross chick stops using mine.  I don't give a shit if my friends use mine as long as they wash it, but damn, I'd have to hit it with a steam hose if I want it clean after that girl.
View Quote

get a goatse coffee mug, then see what happens.

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Where I work the company made millions in profits. All union workers got a profit sharing check. I’m management and I got a fuck you welcome to management check.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My bonus is gonna be pretty fucking awesome this year, even prorated at 10 months. Why are some of you bragging about low or no bonuses?
View Quote

The post is specifically about a Christmas bonus. I’m going to assume that your company pays your bonus based on something other than your attention to detail.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, most companies don’t give Christmas Bonuses because they are more concerned with the bottom line and extracting maximum value from their employees while spending as little as possible for it.

I’d be curious to see statistics on it, but I’d bet that as a percentage family owned businesses are much more likely to have a Christmas bonus program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

I work at a dealership owned buy one guy. It's his only dealer and he does Christmas bonuses. I'm just a sample of one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Generally the best way to handle it, but to even be at that point is embarrassing.

To this day my favorite payroll mistake I’ve ever seen was involving a friend that had never worked salary at a private company before whose last job was military.

First check, we’re in truck heading to lunch and he suddenly brings up, “So how does salary work?”, and I begin explaining it to him only for him to interrupt and go “oh, i think there was a mistake on my check”.

Keystroke error with the payroll provider that somehow no one caught, they entered his yearly salary as his two week rate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking feds.

Oof
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Along with something I've seen somewhere: "their company, their rules."
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've worked for a few shitty companies over the years. A $5 gift card is a fucking slap in the face. You bust your ass for that place. Watch the CEO go on safaris (previous job I had), sit in a room with hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and never take a dime. Watch all the CEOs and big wigs get massive bonuses, new cars, new homes etc. You get 5 fucking dollars. Every once in a while your boss throws a pizza party to boost morale. Save that money and use it for a raise.

I was raised to think that a $5.00 gift card is better than nothing. Now I look back and realize it's nothing more than a slap in the face.
View Quote

So you worked as a prison inmate?  Military?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#33]
The smarter decision would have been to not give out anything, then have a raffle or other small competition to hand out gift cards as a surprise. Like someone else said, a $5 gift card as a year-end Christmas bonus is a slap in the face.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oof
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking feds.

Oof

The best part is, he actually didn’t know if that’s how it worked or not because he’d never been in that position.

Part of him thought he was going to have to budget that the whole year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The only Christmas bonus I ever received was when I worked in a service station in 1969 and 1970 while in high school.

Not from the owner.  The bonus was from the downtown auto parts store owner who walked to all 3 service stations in downtown St. Marys Ohio handing out apples and a shot of bourbon to all of us high schoolers that worked at the stations.  Times were different then.
View Quote

That sounds amazing
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I get that.  I'm not in a position to get one.  Either is the OP of the Reddit post I would imagine.

Edit:  I'm sure management are getting a bonus at Aero.  I'd bet a $5 gift card this is a low level employee complaint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.

Rest assured that people in your company are getting nice fat Christmas bonuses. Just not you, you get your $30 and you like it.

I get that.  I'm not in a position to get one.  Either is the OP of the Reddit post I would imagine.

Edit:  I'm sure management are getting a bonus at Aero.  I'd bet a $5 gift card this is a low level employee complaint.

It’s a scarcity mindset complaint.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, they hired t rexs to work there and due to their short arms, are not very good at their job, quality went to hell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the t rex joke?

Well, they hired t rexs to work there and due to their short arms, are not very good at their job, quality went to hell

You forgot to mention the small animals that keep going missing and the clogged toilets from dino dumps.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think IRS got more stingy on anything that can be associated as a bonus, even little shit.   I work for large international company and we get "bravo points" for recognition and service anniversaries that can be used to buy things from the website.  We found out there is a dollar value associated with the points and it's taxed, shows up on our paystubs.  The company does issue a tax offset payment though for the points.  Still sucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Based on today's GD threads, they should have handed out cans of Chef Boyrdee and everyone would have been happy
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, 2023 looking to be a grim year, so lets eat the seed corn now.

And, FYI, if not already mentioned, the whole shitshow got started on a subreddit called (wait for it...) /antiwork.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#41]
The other day my boss said he could fire us all and replace us with Mexicans. I'm not expecting much this year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Aero needs to tell its employees to get fucked, and then when they quit they can say, "Nobody wants to work!"
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My last job gave me a $20 gift card to Cracker Barrel…. 20 years of service…. I quit the next month and have been living the dream ever since
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.

My last job gave me a $20 gift card to Cracker Barrel…. 20 years of service…. I quit the next month and have been living the dream ever since

One of the guys in one of my customer’s shops recently had his 40 year anniversary with the company.

They cut him a check for $1000, with tax taken out. He was a bit heartbroken over it.

I’m of the mindset that I get paid what I negotiate and that’s all I’m owed. I’m also in sales, because it gives me some control over my income. And I don’t have to look at the other guy doing the same job with the same pay as me but not working as hard and get upset about it.

That said, he’s worked there his whole life and he has his reasons for not moving around to chase more money. But I guarantee he’s been in that situation a bunch of times and it resulted in him caring and working less each time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#44]
On top of the gift card they also got an aero branded Christmas ornament, that's pretty cool.

If you’re expecting a Christmas bonus to pay your rent you need to reevaluate your expectations.

It looks like a nice gesture to me, and I’d be willing to be Aero has some pretty cool year around benefits from what I’ve seen.

**I’ll happily take Aero ornaments from any whiney and entitled employees that don't want them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

Yeah, no one owes you a bonus, but a $5 gift card is pretty insulting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Clark it's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
5$ more than I get
View Quote

This. We used to get a $25 Walmart gift card and they stopped that probably around 10 -15 yrs ago. Now you can't even have a department Christmas or holiday party. Those were stopped a couple yrs before Covid put an end to everything. Now all you get for Christmas and end of year is any PTO you can take off (which is not a problem in our department) however enjoy coming back to all the work piled on your already excessive workload from being gone those days so you will pay dearly for those days
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Employees should leave.  Business is business, if employee retention is important, then act accordingly, if not, act accordingly.
I genuinely don’t understand why this is a remotely difficult concept.  

Employees…stop bitching, take your skills elsewhere and quit.

Employers, stop having retarded high level meetings where you come to a solution with no chance of of implementation and are high fiving each other with no follow through.If you want low turn over…wages, work life balance, and work environment…be competitive.  It’s not rocket science.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Jelly of the month club would be better.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top