Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
After getting roasted by shipping fees and delays, I'm going to say no more money orders, and no transcontinental shipping. None. Not so much as a paperclip. I jumped through all kinds of hoops and got zero feedback for a smoking deal and tons of extra effort on my part.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Email works best”

The site email is trash.
View Quote

Oh man, this!  I can't even access my site email, it was hacked and stolen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I just love the zero feedback bullshit. You can’t get feedback if no one buys from you with zero feedback. Fucking stupid. Typical arfcommers
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I sold some blem marked rails, 3 pics in the thread.

The guy wanted more pics. I told him they were blems, and if he’s worried about how they look that these probably weren’t the rails for him. He said he does care how his rifle looks but still wants more pics in different lighting to make sure they were the correct shade of fde.

I just stopped communicating. Not worth the complaints in a week when it doesn’t exactly match his other stuffs.

View Quote

Fifty shades of fde isn’t just a joke, it’s the norm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The same things that are posted every time we do this thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Please don't hold no- or low- EE against buyers.  I've recently picked up three (THANKS!!!) but I've had previous successful transactions where the seller didn't leave feedback.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
“Can I get some more pics?”

It’s a NIW pmag, it’s black, it has some ribs, it’s in a bag. It looks exactly like every NIW pmag. But sure, I’ll do a photo shoot in multiple lighting conditions, lol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
yep, all the hassle of getting a USPS money order at the local post office is far worse than driving across town to a legal shipper for a firearm
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#9]
No pics
No feedback
Poor spelling/grammar, like REALLY bad
Not accepting electronic payment
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]
As a seller, if the name you gave me doesn’t match the name on the payment and you want it shipped to a third location…just admit it’s going to China to be reverse engineered.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
No pics/Email/Text for pics
Prices at or near retail.

As soon as I see that there are no pics in a listing, I’m out.
I don’t even bother reading it or looking for the price.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seller moralizing on the exact parameters of offers they want to receive. When I see anything about lowball offers being ignored I expect to see an unrealistic asking price and an item that has sat or will sit for months unsold.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No pics, no care. Bad EE score. No one should be less than 100%.
View Quote

On that note, if feedback is NOT left after a transaction, the non feedback giving SOB should receive negative feedback automatically!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Email or text for pics."
View Quote

Quoted:
USPS MO order only

Not a red flag. Just a nope.
(Your thread title doesn’t match the last sentence in your OP)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Misspellings and verbiage are big in ftf also.  If you can't communicate reasonably, generally a hood rat or no English.  Either way, I'm not tryna interpret shit, yo. Word.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No pics, join date with very few ratings, misspelled words and missing details (how to pay, no price, best contact/comms)

Misspellings and verbiage are big in ftf also.  If you can't communicate reasonably, generally a hood rat or no English.  Either way, I'm not tryna interpret shit, yo. Word.

Add having the dollar sign after the amount to that list.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
No pictures and PayPal FF.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
yep, all the hassle of getting a USPS money order at the local post office is far worse than driving across town to a legal shipper for a firearm
View Quote

The first two POs I went to  to cash out the buyers MO didn't have enough cash on hand, less than $500  Just what I wanted to do with my afternoon, ride around town to various POs trying to cash that crap. No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
when a dumbass post only 10 rounds through it and the bolt has wear
where the finish is all rubbed off , or trying to recoup the total cost of a
purchase selling it as like new ,, but clearly shows signs of use ..
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
“Email works best”

The site email is trash.
View Quote

Counterpoint: Site IM is trash.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Sellers who expect the buyer to pay for insurance
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The first two POs I went to  to cash out the buyers MO didn't have enough cash on hand, less than $500  Just what I wanted to do with my afternoon, ride around town to various POs trying to cash that crap. No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just deposit it at your bank
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The same things that are posted every time we do this thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It’s a NIW pmag, it’s black, it has some ribs, it’s in a bag. It looks exactly like every NIW pmag. But sure, I’ll do a photo shoot in multiple lighting conditions, lol.
View Quote

No kidding.  I had a new in box, unfired Russian SGL AK that I was selling on a local board.  My pics showed the gun outside of the plastic bag, the box, and all the paperwork.  Some guy that lived around a half hour from me wanted close up pics of the rivets, and wanted me disassemble it and take pics of the internals.  Said he “just wanted to make sure it was really new”. Seriously dude?  First of all, don’t insult my integrity, second, you’re going to see it FTF if you want to buy it,  .  I politely replied to the person, that I guaranteed it was exactly as described and I wasn’t going to take more pics for him since it was put up in the safe, This was about a month ago when WA was running out of time due to our asshole politicians banning assault weapon sales.  Around a week later the guy must’ve realized his time was running out and told me he’d take it and wanted to meet up for the transfer.

Too bad for him, I already sold it to a guy from the East coast that somehow came across my add on the local gun sight the gun was listed on.  The guy in Virginia offered full price along with shipping costs and was happy as can be when it arrived at his FFL.

The gun could’ve been the local guys had he not been a jackass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No kidding.  I had a new in box, unfired Russian SGL AK that I was selling on a local board.  My pics showed the gun outside of the plastic bag, the box, and all the paperwork.  Some guy that lived around a half hour from me wanted close up pics of the rivets, and wanted me disassemble it and take pics of the internals.  Said he “just wanted to make sure it was really new”. Seriously dude?  First of all, don’t insult my integrity, second, you’re going to see it FTF if you want to buy it,  .  I politely replied to the person, that I guaranteed it was exactly as described and I wasn’t going to take more pics for him since it was put up in the safe, This was about a month ago when WA was running out of time due to our asshole politicians banning assault weapon sales.  Around a week later the guy must’ve realized his time was running out and told me he’d take it and wanted to meet up for the transfer.

Too bad for him, I already sold it to a guy from the East coast that somehow came across my add on the local gun sight the gun was listed on.  The guy in Virginia offered full price along with shipping costs and was happy as can be when it arrived at his FFL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selling on local boards I’ve had guys ask for pics of serial numbers. Nope!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No pics
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

These two, if you're too lazy to post pics I don't want to give you money.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That and "USPS MO only".

The more complicated the transaction, the less likely I am to give it consideration.

I have had some very nice and easy transactions with several members here, and the less conversation that is necessary, the easier the transaction has been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That and "USPS MO only".

The more complicated the transaction, the less likely I am to give it consideration.

I have had some very nice and easy transactions with several members here, and the less conversation that is necessary, the easier the transaction has been.

I realize some people still struggle with posting pictures, so if I want it I’ll ask for pictures to be emailed, if no pictures I’ll just tell them I’m passing. I just did “I’ll take it, pending pictures”. I got a email with a description but no pictures so I respectfully passed and posted as much. While I don’t agree with most electronic pay services policies, I simply don’t have the time or the want to go get a postal money order so that’s a instant no go.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#27]
How about when you're selling a rare item and the buyer is so uneducated on what you have and keeps emailing/messaging with embarrassing offers and pointing out what he thinks are flaws, not last ditch model indicators.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]
If they end their post with ”God bless”.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#29]
No pics..it's 2023. Provide some goddamn pics of your multi thousand dollar gun you asshole!

Also things like MO only. I buy stuff for convenience on this site. I have to go out of my way to go to the post office, AND have to wait twice as long to receive the item if you ship it out upon receiving payment? Nah
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I quit using PayPal due to some issues. What's a good electronic service to use? I don't mind taking USPS MO if that's what they want but I'm not shipping till I get the money order of course.

I get the low feedback too. But I've only got 2 transactions here. Just haven't ever sold much here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No pics
No feedback
Bad feedback
Recent join date with no membership(yes, ironic I know)
View Quote

Yea I posted a I’ll take it on a brand new Criterian core before I saw me member, and 8 posts. I guess we all have to start somewhere? Hope it works.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS!
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I quit using PayPal due to some issues. What's a good electronic service to use? I don't mind taking USPS MO if that's what they want but I'm not shipping till I get the money order of course.

I get the low feedback too. But I've only got 2 transactions here. Just haven't ever sold much here.
View Quote

Zelle or Venmo (depending on purchase amount)

For me it’s as the others said, no pictures or anything remotely related to a money order of any type.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
PayPal as the only form of payment. I'm banned because of a dipshit who couldn't understand what NO GUN RELATED STUFF meant.

Low post count/recent join date/no feedback members.

FTF transactions where they want a bill of sale on a firearm.
View Quote

Lol yea I’m not banned but I did get a stern warning as well as a new copy or their terms of service. Same deal but I slipped by but people are stupid and not getting smarter yet either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Ads with no photos are a deal killer for me.  Seriously dog but if you're gonna list that shit take a fucking photo.

Another no-go is zero feedback.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Stippling
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#37]
"e-mail or text for pics" is pretty much my only never mind. If someone is too lazy to post pictures of what they are trying to sell I don't want to deal with them.

"USPS MO for payment" doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#38]
NVision Halo XRF FS

(1) 100%

“Yeah, F that.”
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#39]
When you see a $1550 gun listed with + shipping. Just list the gun for $1575 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I love it when the geniuses spend two to three days asking me ridiculous questions treating me like I might be some kind of scammer even after they've probably seen my 100% reputation here.

99% of the time I end up selling it in the meanwhile which is poetic justice.

One member got kind of pissed off at me when this happened and I told him if he hadn't spent three days asking me stupid questions he would have probably had it in his hands by then. A lot of times I either ship that day or the very next day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#42]
When its cheaper if you just get it new from a vendor.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#43]
When its cheaper if you just get it new from a vendor.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#44]
No pics and money order.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
0 feedback, or low feedback low post count selling high dollar stuff

no pics

higher than retail prices, seeing this all the time lately with people selling shit for MORE than I could buy it for multiple places online
View Quote

This. In my mind used glocks are not worth over $500. We have recently had trade in g22s for $299.  I f you bought extra mags and a holster or whatever it's not raising the used value by much if at all.  I see people overpay by $200 new then get tired of it and try tosell at $100 loss.  Sorry you overpaid.  Obviously this applies to common things you can buy anywhere online.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Knock on wood I have had nothing but positive experience with the few transactions I've done.  Bought a thermal from a member and was going to pay the extra fees for goods and services but wife ended up sending 4k friends and family...

All worked out though
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No pics
View Quote

This. Not being bothered to post a picture shows that you either aren’t serious or you are lazy.

This gets even more baffling when it is something in the thousands of dollars.

PP or any of the electronic services, because I don’t have them USPS MO offers a level of protection, I’d prefer that. A certified check is fine too, I always ask depending on the amount, they are less costly to get.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#50]
For me it’s either no pictures OR an amber or red EE feedback color.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top