Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]

The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil (Official Lyric Video)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Satan is always on our doorstep.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
you dont have to believe in God or the Satan, they believe in you!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If Satan is real, so is Jesus.  So I sleep very peacefully.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats. You've had sleep paralysis. Fun isn't it?
View Quote

Nothing like waking up screaming.  I’ve learned that if I feel dread when I first open my eyes I should close them and try to roll over.  That will usually wake me up before it goes sideways.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those are actually Shadow People and verdict is still out on exactly who/what they are and where they come from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Similar experience

Cliff notes
Wake up in my bed and can only move my eyes, thinking to myself what the fuck. Feel a weight pressing on my whole body
Dark figure glides into my room right next to my head
Absolute feeling of dread and misery
Can't scream can't move
Call on Jesus to help me in my thoughts
In an instant everything is back to normal.

I didn't consider myself a "religious" person and was living pretty recklessly at this time of my life.

Those are actually Shadow People and verdict is still out on exactly who/what they are and where they come from.

Verdict in:
It's sleep paralysis
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And as many others have said it was just sleep paralysis or night terrors, nothing more.   They can be a bitch though.   I still remember ones from 40 years ago that seem like last night.
View Quote

I agree with everyone else here. Very common, youtube it. I have had them too and they are scary as hell.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Meh. Still waiting on a succubus to come party one night.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’ve never seen satan but I’ve been attacked by him.  For those who proudly boast “He’s not real!”  Here’s a challenge for you.

Before you go to bed, pray for satan.  Pray for his redemption.  Pray that he might throw off his curse of pride and fall before God and beg for forgiveness.  Pray for the enemies salvation, for if he turned back to God so would the world with him.

And I assure you that he will attack you.  He will make you enemy #1.  He will convince your friends to hate you, to foment lies about you.  He will turn your spouse against you, put an addiction on her if he must.  He will make your children reject you and find fault in you and fill them with his pride.

You will watch as your comfortable life disintegrates before your eyes.  Just keep praying for him.  Trust me, you’ll stop before he does.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Be glad, IT is usually more subtle, whispering in your ears that sinning is ok
View Quote
This.  I fight the enemy every day, winning some and losing more.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Right before someone becomes a born again or shortly after a new believer is usually harassed by evil to discourage them. But as one grows in Christ that once ferocious dragon will look more like a little lizard.

OP at this time when spiritual warfare is at an all time high I appreciate you sharing your experience.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Satan doesn't work so hard on the ones he's already got.  If you are taking flak, it means you are almost over the target.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]
All I can say is God is the Alfa and the Omaga. He truly works in the most amazing and mysterious ways.

The Day of knowing comes to us all. For the love of God, do the best you can with what time you have left.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#15]
no pics? was expecting my ex wife, i don't discount your dream brother im just kidding
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now I know what a dream is, and I know what a nightmare is, and this was 10000% neither one of those. This was being awake but being unconscious. Laying in bed with my eyes open but my eyes closed. Being aware 1000% of my surroundings and environment like it was dark but the slap middle of the day. And being so scared I wanted to scream but no sound was coming out.
View Quote

My take away from your story is that you're bad at math.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Fanatics freak me out
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#19]
OP name checks out
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's called sleep paralysis.
View Quote

I've experienced it twice in my life. I physically felt myself held down, and an extreme sense of evil.

Funny how both times it disappeared when I said the name Jesus.

Maybe there's more to it that the humanist mind wants to admit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#21]
As I have gotten older, I have lost the certainty of youth. That time when I was absolutely certain of this or that. What this means is that I came to the realization that I am in no position to judge the experience that another person had that showed them that God or Satan exists. I know many scientists with doctorates in various disciplines who attend church regularly. I do not question this, or their faith. Nor will I question the OP's story or claim to know what it was.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Angel of light of course.
Remember that his stock-in-trade is lies and deception.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Satan was the highest created angel before he rebeled.  He does not look like a horned monster.  He would be one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen. That makes it even easier for him to fool people that come in contact with him.

Angel of light of course.
Remember that his stock-in-trade is lies and deception.

I cringe whenever I think about what happened to Trump. I think about the bigger picture.

We know that day is coming.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
All it took for me to realize the Western European cultural myopia of Christianity was to live on the other side of the planet for several years, immersed in one of many cultures that the Glory of your made-up God hasn't tainted yet.

You people are absolute clown shoes, full stop.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Amen OP
I’m so thankful that I know Christ, you’re correct,   Being a Christian isn’t a religion - it’s a person
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Atheist attack this thread like democrats when you say
Trump!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've experienced it twice in my life. I physically felt myself held down, and an extreme sense of evil.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's called sleep paralysis.

I have it pretty often.

It goes away when you're able to take control of your body, so when you say "Jesus" you're in control again and your brain wakes up fully.

Occam's razor and all that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok, you folks saying its sleep apnea, sleep paralysis, etc......... HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS ONE?
First off, there IS a God, a Son and a Holy Spirit. SO by default, there most certainly is a devil and his demons. Now on to my question: Im a pretty level headed guy, it takes a LOT to scare me. I do and have done things that most people ask me if I have a death wish when they find out these things. I was on a hunting trip with a buddy of mine that Ive known and been on trips with since 1996. We were sleeping in the same room and the first night things were all normal. The 2nd night SOMETHING woke me up, but my buddy was still sound asleep and I went back to sleep. The last night we were there, long about midnight SOMETHING woke me up from a dead sleep and I was actually SCARED. Upon sitting upright in bed and my eyes flying open, I started looking around the walls and ceiling for a demon in the room with us! Im serious as a heart attack when I say that too! Whatever it was was attacking my buddy in his sleep and it had nearly suffocated him to death. What woke me up was him screaming and gasping for air, then going into hyperventilation. I never slept a wink the rest of the night. When we got on the road headed home that morning I told him what happened and made him promise me to not lay down to sleep again until he got a cpap machine to keep him alive! It PROBABLY was sleep apnea but Im not convinced its not a demon trying to kill him either! When something can wake me up and I THINK its a demon, I tend to go with my first instinct.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#28]
As far as what satan looks like, the Bible tells us he was the most beautiful angel in Heaven and I believe that!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ok, you folks saying its sleep apnea, sleep paralysis, etc......... HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS ONE?
First off, there IS a God, a Son and a Holy Spirit. SO by default, there most certainly is a devil and his demons. Now on to my question: Im a pretty level headed guy, it takes a LOT to scare me. I do and have done things that most people ask me if I have a death wish when they find out these things. I was on a hunting trip with a buddy of mine that Ive known and been on trips with since 1996. We were sleeping in the same room and the first night things were all normal. The 2nd night SOMETHING woke me up, but my buddy was still sound asleep and I went back to sleep. The last night we were there, long about midnight SOMETHING woke me up from a dead sleep and I was actually SCARED. Upon sitting upright in bed and my eyes flying open, I started looking around the walls and ceiling for a demon in the room with us! Im serious as a heart attack when I say that too! Whatever it was was attacking my buddy in his sleep and it had nearly suffocated him to death. What woke me up was him screaming and gasping for air, then going into hyperventilation. I never slept a wink the rest of the night. When we got on the road headed home that morning I told him what happened and made him promise me to not lay down to sleep again until he got a cpap machine to keep him alive! It PROBABLY was sleep apnea but Im not convinced its not a demon trying to kill him either! When something can wake me up and I THINK its a demon, I tend to go with my first instinct.
View Quote

Well you even said it was probably sleep apnea so.
I guess I'd explain it by saying it was probably sleep apnea.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF did I just read?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All it took for me to realize the Western European cultural myopia of Christianity was to live on the other side of the planet for several years, immersed in one of many cultures that the Glory of your made-up God hasn't tainted yet.

You people are absolute clown shoes, full stop.
View Quote

Dude, some of us remember usernames. Your entire time here has been clown shoes. I can't be the only one that's noticed.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Dude, some of us remember usernames. Your entire time here has been clown shoes. I can't be the only one that's noticed.

View Quote

Oohh, I guess you showed me!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense intended, honestly. It's just sometimes I'll read something on here without reading the username and have a wtf moment. Without fail, you have caused more of those moments than anyone else in 2024, so far. It's ok, entertaining even. Just memorable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Verdict in:
It's sleep paralysis
View Quote

Not really.  You can be awake and see Shadow people or Shadow Animals.  Even while driving down the road.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No offense intended, honestly. It's just sometimes I'll read something on here without reading the username and have a wtf moment. Without fail, you have caused more of those moments than anyone else in 2024, so far. It's ok, entertaining even. Just memorable.
View Quote

What can I say? I live to entertain you. Mission accomplished, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops I didn't
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not really.  You can be awake and see Shadow people or Shadow Animals.  Even while driving down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Verdict in:
It's sleep paralysis

Verdict: shadows
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oops I didn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops I didn't

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Cpap-Jock-strap-wearers-GFYM/5-2738827/
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops I didn't

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Cpap-Jock-strap-wearers-GFYM/5-2738827/
Well done
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Satan can not be everywhere at once like God, he can only be in one place at a time. He would have no interest in a random person with no worldly power that won't benefit him. You just aren't important enough for him to bother with you. At most you saw a demon or an evil spirit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm screen-shotting this so I have proof tomorrow it wasn't just ME drunk-posting.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing that, brother!
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I can’t even.

Know what? Let’s entertain this for a second., Supposedly Satan didn’t even want to kill Adam and Eve. He just wanted to ruin their and gods fun. But he wants to kill you?  What makes you so special?  What are you doing to get the attention of satan in the first place? Are you really in his way of some grand scheme?  Why did he only come at night?  Why not when you were vulnerable on the toilet, or distracted while eating lunch?  Why did Satan stop coming after you?  Why is the iPhone selectively capitalizing things?  Whatever. I’m sorry you had a recurring nightmare. If you continue hearing voices, please seek a health care professional; don’t chalk it up to a religious experience. Seriously. For everyone’s safety.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#45]
OP, are you going to respond to any of us who have challenged you on a scriptural basis?

I understand not responding to people making fun of you, but I have given 2 very solid reasons why this was not Lucifer, scriptural reasons, and you only respond to people who agree with you. Seems like you just want an echo chamber.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

WTF did I just read?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF did I just read?
If that wasn't copypasta, it probably is now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Wow, wish I could see a demon, but I’m too fucking busy working and living in reality.

Funny how accurately Steven Spielberg got the demon in his film.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#48]
The fact that "devils" are predominantly comic figures in the modern imagination will help you. If any faint suspicion of your existence begins to arise in his mind, suggest to him a picture of something in red tights, and persuade him that since he cannot believe in that (it is an old textbook method of confusing them) he therefore cannot believe in you.

-C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Indiana Jones [ 4K - HDR ] and The Raiders of the Lost Ark - Opening of the Ark (1981)
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Welcome to sleep paralysis. Some of us have been on this ride for decades.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top