Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Just in case someone is wondering about their backlog of orders, I ordered mine on Oct 5 and got it in the mail today.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just in case someone is wondering about their backlog of orders, I ordered mine on Oct 5 and got it in the mail today.
View Quote
Ordered Oct 6 and cancelled just today. Lady on the phone said it would ship this week, I said I am done waiting (for my second one )
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
i was finally able to get out to do a little shooting since swapping the bud spring in my echo.  i ended up using a spring i made from a pack of springs from HD.  the spring i used was barely strong enough to reset the trigger so i wasn't sure how it was going to work out.  i only ran 4 or 5 mags through it but it ran fine with no issues.  the semi mode is really nice now and the reset in echo is light enough to not really notice the "extra" pull to the rear.  i was planning on trying some lighter disco springs after this test run but i think i'm going to leave it like it is for a while and just run some rounds through it.  i'll try to get some pics up of the spring i ended up using compared to the factory spring and the group buy spring.  here's a clip from a video i tried to take , i placed my phone aiming a bit high so you only see my cap and the empties flying.  i'll try to get that fixed on the next video

Link Posted: 11/7/2017 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ordered on the 8th so it could be any day now.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordere mine oct 5th and got mine today...was just sitting on my driveway in a USPS package like it wasnt shit...almost didnt even see it
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your mail anytime now, I got email on friday saying it was sent with priority 2 day  shipping
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one from optics planet on 10/5 ...still nada
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
So have they started making more of the trigger out of CNC parts or is it mostly still 3d printed?
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello, I'm new here. I've been reading this thread for a while now hoping to learn more info on the trigger. If this helps anyone, I ordered the echo trigger on the 6th of October, and when I called fostech today they didn't have any new info on my order. I'm hoping they send it out by the beginning of next week, or at least have some info.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hello, I'm new here. I've been reading this thread for a while now hoping to learn more info on the trigger. If this helps anyone, I ordered the echo trigger on the 6th of October, and when I called fostech today they didn't have any new info on my order. I'm hoping they send it out by the beginning of next week, or at least have some info.
View Quote
I believe October 5th was the last day before that "We are no longer taking orders until further notice" message popped up.

Im sure it shouldnt be much longer,,,they send an email literally a day or 2 before it arrives
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had that happen to my first trigger. The detent cap is stuck on the selector and will not let you remove the selector from the lower right? I just wiggled the selector until it finally came loose. I oiled the crap out of the caps interior and ran some 400 grit sandpaper over the selector end where the cap is placed. It has not happened again.

Out of curiosity is your detent cap CNC or is it one of the injected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do I remove the detent cap?
It will not move. I am trying to remove the selector and trigger.
Thanks
I had that happen to my first trigger. The detent cap is stuck on the selector and will not let you remove the selector from the lower right? I just wiggled the selector until it finally came loose. I oiled the crap out of the caps interior and ran some 400 grit sandpaper over the selector end where the cap is placed. It has not happened again.

Out of curiosity is your detent cap CNC or is it one of the injected.
Thanks for the input.
It's a CNC cap. It finally came out with repeated lube and wiggling.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally upgraded my echo to a echo 2 with the new trigger lock and cnc selector detent. New cnc detent is really nice! Bought the new trigger lock spring from gunbroker and installed it. Not sure why you guys are taking the trigger all the way down. Just remove the hammer, push the hook that loops around the trigger lock all the way fwd and pop the spring out and install new one... Anyway my echo has the bushing, green hyperfire springs echo 2 trigger lock and full auto cut carrier and the new lighter trigger lock spring. Semi now seems silly light, echo seems to be about the same, maybe a little lighter. New ar2 trigger lock is fully pushed fwd by the full auto carrier as it comes. Looking fwd to going to the range to try it out.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Your running a hot rod, i have the same setup semi at the tip of the trigger is 1lb 10oz see of you can get a measurement im curious to see if thats typical
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered another one on the 6th. Still no shipping notice, still no trigger. I sent an email just not. If I do not have it by end of next week I will do a chargeback.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I ordered another one on the 6th. Still no shipping notice, still no trigger. I sent an email just not. If I do not have it by end of next week I will do a chargeback.
View Quote
Did you order on the 6th of October?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your running a hot rod, i have the same setup semi at the tip of the trigger is 1lb 10oz see of you can get a measurement im curious to see if thats typical
View Quote
Wow 1lb 10oz. Is that in semi? I was measuring mine again and the lowest of the three pulls was 2.5 lbs.

I noticed my hammer is really starting to take a beating. I see failure in another 2k if it continues.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. October 6th. So a month and some days. It will be 6 weeks next week.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wow 1lb 10oz. Is that in semi? I was measuring mine again and the lowest of the three pulls was 2.5 lbs.

I noticed my hammer is really starting to take a beating. I see failure in another 2k if it continues.
View Quote
Yeah in semi you have the green springs too?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This worries me too. I just do not see the same level of robustness and precision in the Echo as I do the BFSIII. True, the Echo may be able to avoid hammer follow, but as far as I can see the BFS only runs into issues in certain cases and when run at rather high (and likely inaccurate) rates of fire.

What part of the hammer taking a beating? If its the striking face then the firing pin and more could also be an issue. Any pictures?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!

FOR THOSE USING A BUSHING WITH THE ECHO AR2 TRIGGER LOCK YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK YOUR ECHO SEAR ENGAGEMENT.
I TRIED USING THE ORIGINAL .0195" OD BUSHING THAT I MADE FOR MY ORIGINAL ECHO 'TRIGGER LOCK'. IT IS TOO BIG AND
IN ECHO MODE IT BARELY CATCHES THE HAMMER AND MAY DAMAGE THE SEAR SURFACES OVER TIME. I CAN GET THE HAMMER TO FOLLOW
THE BOLT HOME WHILE DRY FIRING. WILL NEED A SMALLER BUSHING OD OR JUST ELIMINATE THE BUSHING ALL TOGETHER
TO RECTIFY THIS ISSUE. I AM GOING TO DUMP THE BUSHING ALL TOGETHER WITH THIS AR2 TRIGGER LOCK AND DEAL WITH
THE SLIGHTLY LONGER ECHO ACTIVATION.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah in semi you have the green springs too?
View Quote
Nope just the silver stock springs. On my hiperfire 24 3G trigger those are the lightest pull springs.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This worries me too. I just do not see the same level of robustness and precision in the Echo as I do the BFSIII. True, the Echo may be able to avoid hammer follow, but as far as I can see the BFS only runs into issues in certain cases and when run at rather high (and likely inaccurate) rates of fire.

What part of the hammer taking a beating? If its the striking face then the firing pin and more could also be an issue. Any pictures?
View Quote
If the bFS3 had a good trigger pull it would be nice but mil spec is just no as nice as a good aftermarket trigger. I wish Franklin would work on that for the next version of the BFS.

I will take a few photos tomorrow of the echos hammer. This ECHO is on my AR9 which has got the most rounds through it. You can see the bolt face on the hammer and several grooving marks developing on the sides. Those are the most worrying.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:02:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!

FOR THOSE USING A BUSHING WITH THE ECHO AR2 TRIGGER LOCK YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK YOUR ECHO SEAR ENGAGEMENT.
I TRIED USING THE ORIGINAL .0195" OD BUSHING THAT I MADE FOR MY ORIGINAL ECHO 'TRIGGER LOCK'. IT IS TOO BIG AND
IN ECHO MODE IT BARELY CATCHES THE HAMMER AND MAY DAMAGE THE SEAR SURFACES OVER TIME. I CAN GET THE HAMMER TO FOLLOW
THE BOLT HOME WHILE DRY FIRING. WILL NEED A SMALLER BUSHING OD OR JUST ELIMINATE THE BUSHING ALL TOGETHER
TO RECTIFY THIS ISSUE. I AM GOING TO DUMP THE BUSHING ALL TOGETHER WITH THIS AR2 TRIGGER LOCK AND DEAL WITH
THE SLIGHTLY LONGER ECHO ACTIVATION.
View Quote
That's not good. Thanks for the warning
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If the bFS3 had a good trigger pull it would be nice but mil spec is just no as nice as a good aftermarket trigger. I wish Franklin would work on that for the next version of the BFS.

I will take a few photos tomorrow of the echos hammer. This ECHO is on my AR9 which has got the most rounds through it. You can see the bolt face on the hammer and several grooving marks developing on the sides. Those are the most worrying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swapped a nickel-teflon hammer for the mil spec unit supplied by Franklin. Noticeable improvement. Add in some careful polishing of the sear and disconnectors and it gets better. Is it a Geissele? No, but a little effort went a long way.

Either way, the BFS seems like it will last much longer than the Echo, which seems to be made of weaker metal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I swapped a nickel-teflon hammer for the mil spec unit supplied by Franklin. Noticeable improvement. Add in some careful polishing of the sear and disconnectors and it gets better. Is it a Geissele? No, but a little effort went a long way.

Either way, the BFS seems like it will last much longer than the Echo, which seems to be made of weaker metal.
View Quote
I know they need to make the disconnectors and hammer out of cast material and not this injected crap.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Here are photos of my hammer of the Echo in my AR9

Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Here are photos of my hammer of the Echo in my AR9

https://i.imgur.com/topD0Ai.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CQT0Dh5.jpg
View Quote
Well that is odd. Never saw anything like it. Seems to marks from a bolt carrier.  

I wonder if it being a 9mm is a factor. Perhaps there are more issues than just the hammer. Can't you duplicate any interference or line up the marks with specific components?

Either way, I'd send them to Fostech for commentary.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you receive your shipping notice since this post? I ordered on the 6th of October as well and received my shipping notice around 9pm on Friday. I should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I wish I would have ordered straight from them...ordered form optics planet on 10/5....still nothing....I did save like $50 bucks though assuming it ever ships....
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I received mine on friday 11/17. I managed to get it installed in my BCM lower after accidentally flinging the parts across the room about 5 times. This is my first echo and I'm pretty happy with how it functions, but I will say that I'm not a fan of the heavy trigger pull. I will replace the spring and add the bushing as soon as I can find the link to the website.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I received mine on friday 11/17. I managed to get it installed in my BCM lower after accidentally flinging the parts across the room about 5 times. This is my first echo and I'm pretty happy with how it functions, but I will say that I'm not a fan of the heavy trigger pull. I will replace the spring and add the bushing as soon as I can find the link to the website.
View Quote
What are your pull weights?
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I received mine on friday 11/17.....This is my first echo and I'm pretty happy with how it functions, but I will say that I'm not a fan of the heavy trigger pull. I will replace the spring and add the bushing as soon as I can find the link to the website.
View Quote
Agree. Even after gently polishing and green springs I find the BFS feel superior, especially after swapping the standard trigger for a nickel teflon and gentle polishing. Build and material quality of Echo is not confidence inspiring.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone had there safety spin all the way around?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone receive there Echo II from Optics Planet yet?
I ordered on 10/5 nothing other than an order update the day after extending the ship date to 6-8 weeks.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone receive there Echo II from Optics Planet yet?
I ordered on 10/5 nothing other than an order update the day after extending the ship date to 6-8 weeks.

Thanks
View Quote
I ordered in the same time frame, but cancelled mine like a week ago..... between the early signs of wear and the amount of tinkering to make it "better" that this thread has discussed I'll stick with the franklin
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#36]
in.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I used mine in a class recently, called for 1k rifle 1k pistol.
I shot about 1500 rifle  (thanks to the trigger) with only a few hang ups. I didn’t have time to stop to diagnose, but it was dead trigger. I’m thinking hammer follow, but a tap rack bang got me out of it every time.
Other issue I had was a couple times in semi, the selector lever was creeping towards full position. I don’t know if it was me or or the gun doing it. I ordered replacement spring and detent.

No noticeable hammer wear. It’s in an sr15 lower.

Just figured I would share my experience so far..
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I’m not sure what my pull weights are, I haven’t had time to shoot it or play around with it. I ordered the spring a few days ago and I will install once I have the time. I’m not sure if this is normal, but my selector switch seems a little off. It is a little mushy and doesn’t sit straight when on semi or echo. Maybe I installed incorrectly ?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I used mine in a class recently, called for 1k rifle 1k pistol.
I shot about 1500 rifle  (thanks to the trigger) with only a few hang ups. I didn’t have time to stop to diagnose, but it was dead trigger. I’m thinking hammer follow, but a tap rack bang got me out of it every time.
Other issue I had was a couple times in semi, the selector lever was creeping towards full position. I don’t know if it was me or or the gun doing it. I ordered replacement spring and detent.

No noticeable hammer wear. It’s in an sr15 lower.

Just figured I would share my experience so far..
View Quote
Interesting, thank you.

While I am intrigued with concept of reducing hammer follow, I still prefer the overall build quality and feel of the Franklin BFS. Seems (and of course I could be wrong) more substantial and precision made. Many of the Echo parts look cast, which worries me. Hammer follow seems to be an issue for those doing mag dumps which may be fun, but also a good way of hitting nothing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
From the photos I’ve seen they appear to be MIM, cast is MUCH better than MIM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of the Echo parts look cast, which worries me.
From the photos I’ve seen they appear to be MIM, cast is MUCH better than MIM.
Well, that's a step back and not that I expected.  How do MIM and cast stack up against steel used by Geissele, standard mil-spec or Franklin's BFS?  I do not profess to be an engineer, but the Echo's general soft edges and imprecise appearance concern me more than hammer follow.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Standard Mil-Spec FCG are cast steel.

I have no idea about Gisselle.

Several high end triggers use S7, Wilson Combat TTU is one.

I have yet to see a report of a broken component on the Franklin Armory BFS III.
View Quote
And there it is. I've heard nothing except for occasional to rare hammer follow on the BFS, most if not all of which can be fixed with a stiffer spring and some tuning. While I have both the Echo and BFS, I doubt I'd trust the Echo if it really mattered.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
After using the extra power springs and enhanced firing pin I still cannot get the gun to shoot my hard primer Golden Tiger Ammo. It works just fine in my AR15 with the same firing pin but a Geissele trigger. Should I try shaving the back of my bolt a little bit to the firing pin can protrude more?
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Gen 1 or 2?
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Gen 1 or 2?
View Quote
Gen 1
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#47]
If your using a modified carrier check the bcg is able to close all the way and try the stock springs the green ones are only more power with the red hammer spring, in the echo i think they just lighten the trigger pull
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#48]
So is echo reliable enough to trust in your go to rifle? And for the folks that are not mod the echo two has there be reliability issues?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So is echo reliable enough to trust in your go to rifle? And for the folks that are not mod the echo two has there be reliability issues?
View Quote
mine has no problems so far. around 1k rounds. However, the trigger does have a noticeable indent of striking the firing pin. As many have stated it is probably MIM steel. However it still works.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a feeling the indents are just into that weird coating that's on everything, anyone else looked really close at theirs?
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top