Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd make one of the full autos into an RPK.  You don't see many full auto RPK's out there, but seems like a lot of people make their full autos into krinks.  I think it would be more fun to have a full auto RPK than a krink, but I was a SAW and an M240B gunner in the Army, so I'm all about the bipods and more effective fire instead of just having a bullet hose..haha
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd make one of the full autos into an RPK.  You don't see many full auto RPK's out there, but seems like a lot of people make their full autos into krinks.  I think it would be more fun to have a full auto RPK than a krink, but I was a SAW and an M240B gunner in the Army, so I'm all about the bipods and more effective fire instead of just having a bullet hose..haha

I like this idea.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I HATE YOU

scribed
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey collegeboy, where did you get the US 5.45 followers? My google fu is weak and lacks leadership.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't fucking believe this.

Thank you Washington State for not giving me the liberty to do a build like this.

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
SGL_Shooter...PM sent
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you get your M92 kit from Atlantic? I'm waiting for them to sell them in kit form but all I see are ones built by redfagget firearms on their site
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did you get your M92 kit from Atlantic? I'm waiting for them to sell them in kit form but all I see are ones built by redfagget firearms on their site

They've been selling them in kit form since January:

https://wwww.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1086.aspx
https://wwww.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1087.aspx
https://wwww.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1088.aspx
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Both of mine are demilled kits.  The ones atlantic sells are were never a gun and do not have serial numbers, but they are very nice and nicely priced.

Link Posted: 2/21/2012 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you inherit a ton of money or something?

THIS.

i mean I'd be doing the SAME shit but damn
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I was told on the phone that the receivers wil be done in 1-2 weeks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey collegeboy,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what type of work or job do you do?

Suddenly I'm feeling a need for a career change
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey collegeboy,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what type of work or job do you do?

Suddenly I'm feeling a need for a career change

I don't mind you asking.  I get asked that a lot believe it or not in person and online.  I have nothing to hide, so have no problem telling people.

As gay as it sounds, I did modeling and acting when I was younger in Hawaii.  Acting is a huge passion of mine, and I made quite a bit of money doing it, and used that to pay for my college.  Then in college, I got a biology/chemistry degree that I don't use at all, and have been designing swimming pools for salesmen and companies and home builders for the past coule years.  It's a suprisingly demanding job.  Everyone now days seems to want a swimming pool around DFW, Texas.  Right now though, I am trying to get accepted into military medical school, so if/once that happens all of the fun will stop for a while :(  It'll pay off though, and be very rewarding.

Acting stuff...

2 hours of makeup and fake hair, and I'm black! haha

Pool stuff...

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, very cool!

Thanks for sharing with us, It looks like you have done some very fun stuff, I guess I'll forget the career change to modeling as you got me beat in the looks department

The company I work for has their Corporate headquarters in your area and I know the economy is still extremely strong in most of Texas so I can very easily see how your Pool Design work would be lucrative for you.

Have fun my friend and enjoy.......we only live once!

Good luck getting into military medical school, I have a feeling you will get it.

P.S. When are you going to host a giant pool party for all of us
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Where did you get those framed AK blueprints if you don't mind me asking
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://www.gunart.net/sovietposters.htm
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any updates?

Nothing worth posting really.  Receivers should be here in a week or two I was told, and my Red Star FCGs and my BlueaJack v3.5 barrel for the AKS-74U is on order and I'm just waiting on them.  I'll post pictures once I have everything for the 74 and the AKM ready to ship off to be built.  The 74U and 92 will be a while as those still have 4 months waiting for tax stamp approvals.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ebay.  Good guy to deal with and they're cheap for nice large posters.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#20]
full auto AK receivers  now i'm just confused and Google has FAILED me on turning any up, so i assumed there where no full auto receivers left.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
full auto AK receivers  now i'm just confused and Google has FAILED me on turning any up.

What are you confused about?  These four guns being built in this thread are using new 74U LLC receivers.  NOT full autos.  The two full auto receivers I'm talking about are from pre 1986, and are transfering to me.  One is a bare receiver in not good shape, but it will be fixed up.  The other is a Polytech from out of state that will be stripped and converted.  Those will be in a different thread at a different time.  I just mentioned getting them in this post.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#22]
damn, nice kits. make sure you keep us updated
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
full auto AK receivers  now i'm just confused and Google has FAILED me on turning any up.

What are you confused about?  These four guns being built in this thread are using new 74U LLC receivers.  NOT full autos.  The two full auto receivers I'm talking about are from pre 1986, and are transfering to me.  One is a bare receiver in not good shape, but it will be fixed up.  The other is a Polytech from out of state that will be stripped and converted.  Those will be in a different thread at a different time.  I just mentioned getting them in this post.

you make it sound as if you just can grab them off a shelf somewhere for 16k so i looked and found NOTHING i was just wondering what gun god you pray to.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#24]
? Hmmm, still a little confused. What gun god he prays to? He probably found them through a source (IE individual) or subguns/sturmgewehr...take your pic of NFA sale sites. He's sourced them and is going through the legal hoops. I never got the impression he "got them off the shelf for 16k" anywhere?

Awesome stuff. Glad you got your Bluejack barrel sourced!
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you make it sound as if you just can grab them off a shelf somewhere for 16k so i looked and found NOTHING i was just wondering what gun god you pray to.

Oh haha, no.  No shelf I bought them off of.  Well...I guess they were on some shelf, but no shelf I could drive to atleast.  Oh, and they were both considerably under $16k ;)

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
? Hmmm, still a little confused. What gun god he prays to? He probably found them through a source (IE individual) or subguns/sturmgewehr...take your pic of NFA sale sites. He's sourced them and is going through the legal hoops. I never got the impression he "got them off the shelf for 16k" anywhere?

Awesome stuff. Glad you got your Bluejack barrel sourced!

Thanks for the help with it.  Yea, actually if it wasn't for you, I would have not even known they were for sale yet.  Still pissed I did not get a v5, but he said he has some 3.5s with the port pretty much in the groove, and besides that, they are exactly like the v5.  Honestly, I've heard it really doesn't matter anyways as far as the port goes so whatever...it'll be more than good enough for an SBR.  I'm on his list for his next batch of v5 barrels though several months out for the full auto.  For that build, I want the best obviously.  Thanks again for the heads up about the barrels.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sure your V3.5 barrel is fine.  I have a V3 from other the summer.  The gas port is just barely not 100% in a groove.  I seriously doubt it'll even matter.  I happened to see his post when the V5 went for sale and just got one anyway for another build idea.  Those things sold out fast.. he posted them in the middle of the night and they were gone by lunchtime.  I'm sure lots of guys missed out on them that were looking for them.  That and a lot of guys seemed to think he was keeping a list before he had the barrels, even though he said many times that he wasn't.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#28]

I watched the forums like a hawk for WEEKS to make sure I got mine since he wasn't keeping a list. It was a huge relief to finally see him post that they were ready, and boy did I pounce!

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#29]
in some of your acting pics you look like a dude, disguised as a dude playing a dude!
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I watched the forums like a hawk for WEEKS to make sure I got mine since he wasn't keeping a list. It was a huge relief to finally see him post that they were ready, and boy did I pounce!

Yeah, I actually kept a browser open on the forum he posted them for sale in for about week(on my phone and PC).  I'd refresh it a few times a day to check to see if they were available yet.  I bought a V5 with the plan to just sell my V3 when they all dried up.  But then Kvar got some rare krink parts it and I started getting some ideas for a slightly modernized krink build to go with my traditional one.. go figure haha
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm sure your V3.5 barrel is fine.  I have a V3 from other the summer.  The gas port is just barely not 100% in a groove.  I seriously doubt it'll even matter.  I happened to see his post when the V5 went for sale and just got one anyway for another build idea.  Those things sold out fast.. he posted them in the middle of the night and they were gone by lunchtime.  I'm sure lots of guys missed out on them that were looking for them.  That and a lot of guys seemed to think he was keeping a list before he had the barrels, even though he said many times that he wasn't.

Yea, the v3.5 will be perfect for my SBR I really do believe.  I will be patient and wait for the v5 for the FA though even though it probably won't make a difference, I'll be able to sleep at night haha.

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
in some of your acting pics you look like a dude, disguised as a dude playing a dude!

Yup, I was his double in that movie.  That was my longest time on set.  Almost everyday for a good 5 months...good times.

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#33]
How were the famous actors to work? We they normal or dicks?
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Any updates on the projects? Very interested in what you decided for the registered NFA item. I agree with others for the RPK.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How were the famous actors to work? We they normal or dicks?

This thread is getting TOTALLY off topic with this, but as long as the mods don't mind, I'll answer the questions.........

Honestly, I loved working with every one of them.  

-Jack Black was really nice.  I got to meet his wife at one of the "work" parties we all had.  He's a lot like how his characters are in real life honestly. Hilarious.

-Ben is super cool when not working. Like when we would be drinking it was awesome getting to talk with him and joke with him.  VERY funny guy.  When it was time to work though, it was time to work.  He could even be a little "mean", but honestly he was the producer of the movie, and with a $200M budget there is preasure and things need to be done.  If I was in his shoes I probably wouldn't have been so nice, and I'm laid back.  

-Robert was a little different.  He was the only actor that seemed to be "above" us mere mortals.  Even when everyone would be drinking he just didn't socialize much at all.  Honestly though, back in summer 2007 (when we were filming), he was just getting back into things from all of his drug issues, so he may have just been laying low, plus he has obviously lived a very interesting life with a dad as a famous actor too.  Can we really expect them to be totally like the average person?  I think not.  All in all, he was a great guy, with a good sense of humor, and it was a pleasure getting to work so close to him for many months.  One VERY talented actor.

-Nick Nolte was nuts. He has always been, and is one crazy guy!  I actually became very good friends with his son on the set, and hung out at their house on the island many times.  His son is a very nice and giving guy.  I hope he heads his life in the right direction, b/c he is one very nice guy and deserves a good future.  I didn't get to know his dad much, but he is funny, and crazy.

-Jay Baruchel was totally down to earth.  He is a very talented actor for how young he is.  It was great to watch him act and even mess up at times.  It was humbling, and that kid has got some serious talent.  He's only a few years older than me, but his acting skills are atleast 4 times better than mine.  Plus the way he is in real life is a lot like how he is in character.  Funny, and silly, and a great guy.

-Brandon Jackson was a col guy.  He definatley had the "I'm an actor, so I'm badass" mentality, but he was still a cool guy, and we talked quite a bit about all sorts of things.  One thing that was really cool was that he flew his parents in to the island and driven way out in the jungles where we were filming.  They were nice, and I thought that was really cool of him.  I'd do the same.

-Mathew was not at a single party that Ben threw, and was only there for one day that I was on set, so I did not get to know him at all really.  He flew to Paris the next day lol.

My fingers are getting tired, so I'm going to stop typing, but in the end they were all very cool guys.  Some didn't talk quite as much, and others were 100% down to earth and GREAT guys to work with, and I got to hangout with them all outside of work.  The retarded press and media and public like to act like they are Gods and critisize everything they do, but if you talk to anyone that has been in the industry, including me, they are all just people...that's it...PEOPLE.  They make mistakes like EVERYONE...it's just that when they make mistakes it gets totally blown out of proportion, and many times exaggerated.  It was a pleasure working with them, and don't forget all of the set crew, other doubles, directors, camermen, cooks, etc....ALL very good guys that no one ever gives credit to, but they are the ones that really make the movies you see, and were all awesome.

Now that I am totally 100% out of that entire industry it is very hard for even me to believe that I use to be partying with Ben Stiller and Jack Black.  Good thing I took lots of pictures, or even I wouldn't believe it haha.  That is life however, and you never know where it will take you.

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any updates on the projects? Very interested in what you decided for the registered NFA item. I agree with others for the RPK.

No updates yet.  I am waiting on all of the other parts currently since my last pictures I posted here.  Things take a while when it comes to AKs that's for sure...very high demend for everything I guess.  When I have everything here in my hands I'll take pictures of all of the parts for the 74 and the AKM before I ship them off to Firing Line for the builds for you all to enjoy.  Hopefully in a few weeks.

For the FA receivers, I have two on the way now.  I am thinking M92 and AKS-74U, so my SBRs can have full auto brothers, however an RPK is something I am looking at too ever since it was mentioned here.  Are there ever any Russian matching numbers RPK parts kits that pop up?  I have PLENTY of time to decide.

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Delete please, I'm retarded.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#38]
So you were in Tropic Thunder?
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#39]
The only RPK kits I have seen lately are either Romanian or Yugoslavian.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You could buy an AES10B and strip the parts from the receiver for the full auto build. Then sell the Romy receiver for some $$$ for ammo to shoot through it
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes, and a few other movies. I could have continued moving my way up, and at times I wish I did, but I got out though to pursue a totally different and much more rewarding (to me) career.

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If ever find a Russian one, I'll do one build as an RPK.  If not, I'll probably do the AKS-74U / M92 Combo I've been dreaming of lately.  There's no way I could afford a 3rd receiver though to do them all.  Maybe in a few years...maybe...but for now I have to decide with two,

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and a few other movies. I could have continued moving my way up, and at times I wish I did, but I got out though to pursue a totally different and much more rewarding (to me) career.

That's awesome

Link Posted: 3/8/2012 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Did you get a can of booty sweat in Da Nang?
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Funny you mention that.  I do have a couple of the cans from the set.  Freaking funny stuff.  Even close up the ingredients etc written on the can are just funny even though you'd never see it on camera.

Link Posted: 3/9/2012 4:45:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Funny you mention that.  I do have a couple of the cans from the set.  Freaking funny stuff.  Even close up the ingredients etc written on the can are just funny even though you'd never see it on camera.

Well jealousy aside.

I must say you are going to have one of the most impressive AK collections on arfcom.

You will be in the hall of fame with:
Tx-Zen
Nictra
USN-Riverine
*others I might have forgotten

However, with your select fire builds, you sir will be on top.

This is a tag, and I'm subscribed.

Keep it up
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Well jealousy aside.

I must say you are going to have one of the most impressive AK collections on arfcom.

Tx-Zen
Nictra
USN-Riverine

Keep it up

Thanks.  Hopefully these lowers show up soon so I have something AK related to talk about in this thread.  The trigger groups are back ordered about one more week, so not much longer for those.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/9/2012 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Well jealousy aside.

Tx-Zen
Nictra
USN-Riverine

Keep it up

While i do not doubt this, im pretty sure ive seen a few closet posters around with a few Select Fire AK's and well as an extensive collection in general. Dont think they were active posters though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Well jealousy aside.

Tx-Zen
Nictra
USN-Riverine

Keep it up

While i do not doubt this, im pretty sure ive seen a few closet posters around with a few Select Fire AK's and well as an extensive collection in general. Dont think they were active posters though.

No doubt.

Just like anything, there are more extensive collections out there, for example theakforum.net has more than here.

I was just saying out of the usual suspects here on arfcom
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like this idea.

ETA:

Well jealousy aside.

Tx-Zen
Nictra
USN-Riverine

Keep it up

No doubt.

Just like anything, there are more extensive collections out there, for example theakforum.net has more than here.

I was just saying out of the usual suspects here on arfcom

True.

All i know is i will envy his FA Krink more than anything
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top