Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Velocity Systems Jungle Kit (Page 73 of 78)
Page / 78
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats to Diz and marnsdorff!
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, thanks btw guys.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Great job fellas.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding, congrats Marnsdorff.

Hey @Diz would you by chance be able to get us a preview of the low-profile DZ rig harness?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#5]
Well yeah, but the factory has my prototype right now so I don't have pics, but, I can give you a brief description of what we've done.  It is very thin and low profile, like the prototype I made for Hawkeye.  Maybe he can post some pics when he has time.  Very much like those pics I posted earlier of the layers I used for early prototypes, using materials from JoAnn's.  So there's barely any padding thickness there at all.  Very similar to the padding on the new CF1.  I'd say maybe 1/3 of the existing padding on the rig.

Attachment Attached File

This is the same material I used in the prototype.  It will have a cordura layer, then a stiffener sheet, then a thin padding, then the CF stretch weave next to body.  It is very low pro, but actually very comfortable, because it's tailored to fit nicely around your shoulders and has a wide footprint to spread the load.  And as always, it fits directly under the footprint of the ruck straps.

As soon as samples return, I will try and get them up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats @marnsdorff

Looking forward to the update @Diz

(neat thread)
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diz:
Well yeah, but the factory has my prototype right now so I don't have pics, but, I can give you a brief description of what we've done.  It is very thin and low profile, like the prototype I made for Hawkeye.  Maybe he can post some pics when he has time.  Very much like those pics I posted earlier of the layers I used for early prototypes, using materials from JoAnn's.  So there's barely any padding thickness there at all.  Very similar to the padding on the new CF1.  I'd say maybe 1/3 of the existing padding on the rig.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54178/IMG_0831_JPG-3259105.JPG

This is the same material I used in the prototype.  It will have a cordura layer, then a stiffener sheet, then a thin padding, then the CF stretch weave next to body.  It is very low pro, but actually very comfortable, because it's tailored to fit nicely around your shoulders and has a wide footprint to spread the load.  And as always, it fits directly under the footprint of the ruck straps.

As soon as samples return, I will try and get them up.
View Quote

Awesome, appreciate it.

Did you go with a 4 point, or 6 point design?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

Note - I added a few things to this harness myself, so do not take it to be an exact example of what the production one may look like in regards to webbing placement, etc...

https://i.ibb.co/JCgSHqd/IMG-8685.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Sn60ZzW/IMG-8686.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/9hjmH4R/IMG-8687.jpg
View Quote

Ah, a more refined take on the british low-pro yoke, and still thin enough to not make it obnoxious with pack straps on top. I can dig it.

No complaints here, I’ll be in on one when they’re released.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillieTangoFox] [#10]
I have no complaints on the standard yoke with a ruck over it. However, adding a velcro section on the back for IR identifiers is something on my to-do list.

I am also bouncing between comms routing solutions that work with and without a ruck. Need more field time, and rucking pain to clear my mind on the matter.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Teaser pic from ongoing dz rig analysis: the drain holes.

Some day a First impressions review will be ready.

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 7:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Forsaken_ID] [#12]
@marnsdorff Hell yeah!  Congrats/condolences for sure.  The buttpack you made for me is great.

Edit: I thought I quoted Diz letting us know you are CFs USA guy, but didn't d'oh!
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Forsaken_ID:
@marnsdorff Hell yeah!  Congrats/condolences for sure.  The buttpack you made for me is great.

Edit: I thought I quoted Diz letting us know you are CFs USA guy, but didn't d'oh!
View Quote

Thanks bro.  I think the buttpacks turned out pretty decent overall.

I have a few cosmetic seconds I'm going to be putting up for sale whenever I get some free time.  I think all of them, the issue is the molle on the side panels of the buttpacks weren't even with the molle on the other side panel of the buttpack.  ie, one of the sides is off-angle, like 1/4" higher than the other.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:

Thanks bro.  I think the buttpacks turned out pretty decent overall.

I have a few cosmetic seconds I'm going to be putting up for sale whenever I get some free time.  I think all of them, the issue is the molle on the side panels of the buttpacks weren't even with the molle on the other side panel of the buttpack.  ie, one of the sides is off-angle, like 1/4" higher than the other.
View Quote

Where are you posting your sale items? Is your website up and running yet?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

Where are you posting your sale items? Is your website up and running yet?
View Quote

Probably on my instagram page and a few group I'm in.  I might try the new EE.

No, I don't have a page yet.  I did decide on a name though.  I've been having to figure out what to officially call the business before getting a webpage.

TBH, after the work I already have and a few side projects - the medium alice project and such - alot of my effort is probably going to shift towards doing OEM work for Crossfire and maybe another couple companies I'm talking to.  So the webpage isn't a huge priority atm.  Though I'm still probably going to put up a basic page now that I know what to call it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Probably on my instagram page and a few group I'm in.  I might try the new EE.

No, I don't have a page yet.  I did decide on a name though.  I've been having to figure out what to officially call the business before getting a webpage.

TBH, after the work I already have and a few side projects - the medium alice project and such - alot of my effort is probably going to shift towards doing OEM work for Crossfire and maybe another couple companies I'm talking to.  So the webpage isn't a huge priority atm.  Though I'm still probably going to put up a basic page now that I know what to call it.
View Quote
I, like others, hope that eventually you will be able to offer some of your custom items, such as the butt pack and so forth.

All best wishes!
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By raf:
I, like others, hope that eventually you will be able to offer some of your custom items, such as the butt pack and so forth.

All best wishes!
View Quote

I'm still planning on doing runs of my own stuff, especially the buttpack, whenever I have free time here, which will help everyone involved as I can keep my people working once I get employees.  

The buttpack seems an obvious item to keep doing.  It seems popular enough and there aren't any really comparable ones being made.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm still planning on doing runs of my own stuff, especially the buttpack, whenever I have free time here, which will help everyone involved as I can keep my people working once I get employees.  

The buttpack seems an obvious item to keep doing.  It seems popular enough and there aren't any really comparable ones being made.
View Quote
That's why I suggested that particular item.  It's possible that some other items will be found which are in "perpetual" demand and whose mfr/sale will reduce employee "down-time" and augment cash flow.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#19]
That's why I suggested that particular item.  It's possible that some other items will be found which are in "perpetual" demand and whose mfr/sale will reduce employee "down-time" and augment cash flow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 6:16:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillieTangoFox] [#20]
An LTAS hydration carrier for the DZ rig would be cool. I am guessing those top loops are there for some future gizmo like a small hydration pack for the topside support.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#21]
You're close.  Actually they are there for the hydro pouch to rig onto.  Being worked on as we speak.  You can rig up some SR buckles or tabs for this but we went with velcro to keep things as lo pro as possible.  Some guys have expressed interest in running a bladder there, and fitting it into the hollow in the ruck frame.  With this in mind, we are trying to make sure nothing is digging into your back.  

I think it's a valid concept, for those that have additional kit they need to work into the sustainment pouches, and maybe down to one (or none) canteen(s).  Yes that's different from my SOP but doesn't mean it ain't valid.  

Or.  You are in really hot, humid conditions, doing a longer patrol, or other tactical considerations.  

It will also have a small admin pouch.

In addition:

Lo-pro shoulder harness.  Fits under BA but also may be preferred by some for wear with rucks n so forth.

Small Radio/Banger pouch.  Fits typical banger or a Baofeng size radio.  Adjustable.

Large radio/mag pouch.  Fits up to -152, or 2 x 5.56 NATO mags.  Adjustable.  This for you guys that want to run 2-mag pouches vs 3.  

3 x 5.56 30-rd mag pouch/ 2 x 25-rd 7.62 NATO pouch.  

2 x 7.62 NATO 20-rd pouch.

2 x 7.62 AK 30-rd pouch.

Med insert.  Sized for 3 x 5.56 30-rd pouch, but adjustable for many others.

Cmdr's pouch.  With inserts.  Fits up to 6 x 5.56 30-rd mags.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#22]
You're close.  Actually they are there for the hydro pouch to rig onto.  Being worked on as we speak.  You can rig up some SR buckles or tabs for this but we went with velcro to keep things as lo pro as possible.  Some guys have expressed interest in running a bladder there, and fitting it into the hollow in the ruck frame.  With this in mind, we are trying to make sure nothing is digging into your back.  

I think it's a valid concept, for those that have additional kit they need to work into the sustainment pouches, and maybe down to one (or none) canteen(s).  Yes that's different from my SOP but doesn't mean it ain't valid.  

Or.  You are in really hot, humid conditions, doing a longer patrol, or other tactical considerations.  

In addition:

Lo-pro shoulder harness.  Fits under BA but also may be preferred by some for wear with rucks n so forth.

Small Radio/Banger pouch.  Fits typical banger or a Baofeng size radio.  Adjustable.

Large radio/mag pouch.  Fits up to -152, or 2 x 5.56 NATO mags.  Adjustable.  This for you guys that want to run 2-mag pouches vs 3.  

2 x 7.62 AK 30-rd pouch.

View Quote

Will the Commander's pouch double as a SAW / other belt fed pouch?
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

In addition:

2 x 7.62 AK 30-rd pouch.

I’m more curious about the inserts for it.

Glad to hear about the 3X mag pouch, will probably pick one of those up for my gun belt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I’m almost done with my commanders pouch.  The lid is giving me a fit though.  It’s just not fitting right.  I’m on the third iteration now. As they say, third time is the charm.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:07:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#25]
Yeah they can be a PITA.  We are re-designing all our top flaps as we speak.  

The CF Cmdr's pouch will fit 6 mags, so yeah it will fit 100 or 200 rd belts.  Very close to a std SAW pouch.  Yeah we have 2 inserts; one goes length-wise, to separate admin stuff; one depth-wise, to separate for mags n smokes.  

And yeah, the new pouch suite gives you many options for different load outs.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#26]

In addition:

2 x 7.62 AK 30-rd pouch.

View Quote

Diz, will the banger and commander pouches use the tuck tab system?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I was just going through this thread from the beginning.

So much information from so many sources with such varying experience. It would take alot of effort to not learn things reading this thread.

It's a great thread. It should be the model of how people behave in any forum anywhere.

Cheers to all participants.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#28]
Very true.  This has been an awesome thread.

Oh Yeah.  In fact, we have re-designed them to be like the bungee tuck tab design I made for my SF buddy awhile back.  This design allows you easily tuck the flap and use the bungee only.  So the 5.56 NATO 2-mag pouch will fit a -152.  And the banger pouch will fit a wide variety of bangers, or tuck the flap and handle any small radio.  

I think peeps will like these because the bungee on the (separate) tuck tab is much easier to manipulate.  It's basically just taking the USGI canteen design and modifying it for use on a variety of pouches, plus a tuck tab.  

This gives you a lot of versatility with the 2-mag pouches; you can keep them covered, or tuck the flap and use the bungee tuck tab, or tuck that too and a have an uncovered ready mag for quick access.  These sorta bridge the gap between the classic 3-mag pouch, and the newer 2-mag pouches, especially open-topped bungee ones.  You can select the level or retention vs access you need.  

These are in recognition of the fact that a lot of folks are in mixed rural and urban environments, where you don't necessarily want to go all one way, or the other.  And we have come a long way from just reloading behind a tree out of a 3-mag-er.  Some times n places you might want to speed that up.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Very true.  This has been an awesome thread.

Oh Yeah.  In fact, we have re-designed them to be like the bungee tuck tab design I made for my SF buddy awhile back.  This design allows you easily tuck the flap and use the bungee only.  So the 5.56 NATO 2-mag pouch will fit a -152.  And the banger pouch will fit a wide variety of bangers, or tuck the flap and handle any small radio.  

I think peeps will like these because the bungee on the (separate) tuck tab is much easier to manipulate.  It's basically just taking the USGI canteen design and modifying it for use on a variety of pouches, plus a tuck tab.  

This gives you a lot of versatility with the 2-mag pouches; you can keep them covered, or tuck the flap and use the bungee tuck tab, or tuck that too and a have an uncovered ready mag for quick access.  These sorta bridge the gap between the classic 3-mag pouch, and the newer 2-mag pouches, especially open-topped bungee ones.  You can select the level or retention vs access you need.  

These are in recognition of the fact that a lot of folks are in mixed rural and urban environments, where you don't necessarily want to go all one way, or the other.  And we have come a long way from just reloading behind a tree out of a 3-mag-er.  Some times n places you might want to speed that up.
View Quote

Great news, I’m really enjoying the tuck tabs on my DZ rig.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#30]
When will we get to see these pouches?
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By wsix:
I was just going through this thread from the beginning.

So much information from so many sources with such varying experience. It would take alot of effort to not learn things reading this thread.

It's a great thread. It should be the model of how people behave in any forum anywhere.

Cheers to all participants.
View Quote

I do like that there is a wide range of participants from very very different backgrounds and viewpoints all throwing things at the wall.  While I might have my way of doing things, and everyone their own, and there is no absolute one right way to do something, this helps to give people options and ideas and fine-tune stuff + help people jerry-rigging their own setup.  If it works for them, that's what matters in the end, right?
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I take the credit for being the first one shitting on  the velocity systems kit trying to defwnd my outdated ideas and later discovering that a member named DiZ  has a similar point of view plus a lot more experience.

I suggest to all of you to follow facebook group "Field Packs" where legend Mel Terkla Is quite Active. He Is the man behind Kifaru and probably forgot more about fieldcraft than many of us Will every learn. His current family owned business has interesting products to be integrated into belt kits.

Old mel terkla's article on a belt kit
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#33]
I was digging through some footlockers last night and found some old set ups. Alice with h harness, lbv, flc, etc.

I actually liked these things, these things were actually used while patrolling the jungle too. I'm going to test a few out with my current packs to see how they workout.

Also, don't use 20 year old camo face paint on your kids faces right before dinner.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:
I take the credit for being the first one shitting on  the velocity systems kit trying to defwnd my outdated ideas and later discovering that a member named DiZ  has a similar point of view plus a lot more experience.

I suggest to all of you to follow facebook group "Field Packs" where legend Mel Terkla Is quite Active. He Is the man behind Kifaru and probably forgot more about fieldcraft than many of us Will every learn. His current family owned business has interesting products to be integrated into belt kits.

Old mel terkla's article on a belt kit
View Quote

I've been on Field Packs for about 6 months now?  It's more pack related than belt kit, but they dabble with belt kit a bit, and there's alot of good info on there.

And the Velocity gear isn't BAD.  Well, the pouches aren't BAD.  They need to be re-worked (more structure, at lease on the mag pouches; 1" buckles instead of 3/4" buckles; the attachment system needs to be beefier, multiple reports of that stuff breaking down under load, the actual material failing.  If they fixed those issues, their pouches would be decent)
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:27:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: marnsdorff] [#35]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I was digging through some footlockers last night and found some old set ups. Alice with h harness, lbv, flc, etc.

I actually liked these things, these things were actually used while patrolling the jungle too. I'm going to test a few out with my current packs to see how they workout.

Also, don't use 20 year old camo face paint on your kids faces right before dinner.
View Quote

I've been throwing around the idea of eventually trying to do a minimalist LBV panel style thing for my belt kit.  Basically adding a double mag pouch at an angle up above my double set of mag pouches on each side.  Keeping things mostly off the chest.  Also thrown around the idea of a cross-draw holster on one side and a double rifle mag pouch on the other instead of the two mag pouches.  The fact that I use 8 point harnesses already means I can tie in multiple straps (2 from the rear and the front 4) to balance and hold up the panels, which then curve out and attach to the belt, above the water bottle pouches and the mag pouches.  

Since I use one of my mag pouches as an IFAK, and usually one of the others as a holster (leaving me 6 magazines in the other two), this would give me 10 magazine capacity, or 7 + using the extra mag pouch as a 'commanders pouch'.  Or if I cross-draw the holster, it would free up the other pouch on the belt, giving me 11 rifle magazines, or 8 + commanders pouch.  Compared to 6 rifle magazines and no commanders pouch.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Don't use issue camo paint at all .

Forget the old idea of softening the hard military face paint with insect repellent, look no further than Snazaroo brand, i don't know how they make it, but it's incredible.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#37]

I've been throwing around the idea of eventually trying to do a minimalist LBV panel style thing for my belt kit.  Basically adding a double mag pouch at an angle up above my double set of mag pouches on each side.  Keeping things mostly off the chest.  Also thrown around the idea of a cross-draw holster on one side and a double rifle mag pouch on the other instead of the two mag pouches.  The fact that I use 8 point harnesses already means I can tie in multiple straps (2 from the rear and the front 4) to balance and hold up the panels, which then curve out and attach to the belt, above the water bottle pouches and the mag pouches.  

Since I use one of my mag pouches as an IFAK, and usually one of the others as a holster (leaving me 6 magazines in the other two), this would give me 10 magazine capacity, or 7 + using the extra mag pouch as a 'commanders pouch'.  Or if I cross-draw the holster, it would free up the other pouch on the belt, giving me 11 rifle magazines, or 8 + commanders pouch.  Compared to 6 rifle magazines and no commanders pouch.
View Quote

I’m planing on putting 10speed mag pouches on the front mole of the mag pouches. Saw someone do that and it looked slick. Probably wouldn’t be hard to weave one onto one of the front harness hangers and have a loop of 550 cord anchor it to the belt.

I could carry 8 40 rd mags and have two of the other mag pouches for other stuff.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:

I’m planing on putting 10speed mag pouches on the front mole of the mag pouches. Saw someone do that and it looked slick. Probably wouldn’t be hard to weave one onto one of the front harness hangers and have a loop of 550 cord anchor it to the belt.

I could carry 8 40 rd mags and have two of the other mag pouches for other stuff.
View Quote

I've thrown around the idea of slipping something similar to an Esstac KWYI pouch in between the two triple mag pouches on my weak side, to hold a single speed reload.  I put a couple rows of molle on the inside of one of the mag pouches on each side on this last one I made for myself to try the idea.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 2:25:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cap6888] [#39]

I've thrown around the idea of slipping something similar to an Esstac KWYI pouch in between the two triple mag pouches on my weak side, to hold a single speed reload.  I put a couple rows of molle on the inside of one of the mag pouches on each side on this last one I made for myself to try the idea.
View Quote

I’ve done this with a Gcode scorpion. Except I have an IFAK pouch instead of a second make pouch.  Shouldn’t be too much different though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cap6888:

I’ve done this with a Gcode scorpion. Except I have an IFAK pouch instead of a second make pouch.  Shouldn’t be too much different though.
View Quote

Yea, I use my rear mag pouch as an IFAK pouch with an insert.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Every Piece Of Gear In An Army Jungle Soldier’s 72-Hour Bag | Loadout | Insider Business

U.S. Army Jungle Warfare instructor still going with ALICE and I can't blame him.  

Chest rigs kind of suck in extreme high humid heat.  

Has anyone been to the new One Shepherd training down in Florida? I had heard they were starting a school down there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xkf60upUPU

U.S. Army Jungle Warfare instructor still going with ALICE and I can't blame him.  

Has anyone been to the new One Shepherd training down in Florida? I had heard they were starting a school down there.
View All Quotes

I did hear “Charlie Company” opened in Florida. Looking at the calendar, they had a Spring semester and fall registration opens soon. I have not talked to anyone that has physically been to that location.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

A few pics surfaced of some jungle warfare cadre wearing British rigs (Jayjays in this case). I also recently Discovered there Is a reasonably sized second hand market of used British rigs in multicam in France, all are described as "good for Guyana (that Is where france has its jungle training centre and instructors wear Tiger stripes)"

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]
PLCE and Alice. Seems to be a match made in heaven.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#45]

it's a match even for brits i guess. I honestly have both belt kits and alice packs, i think i've never used them altogether, atleast not enough to judge whether or not they are good or bad for me. My first thought is that there may be extra benefit in ventilation from the frame even if the load is a little far from the back.

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:07:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I just handed out another Alice frame to someone last night. Thinning my own stash.

It is still a great option to have on hand, due to the available cargo shelf and the ability to carry cargo like water, fuel and ammo cans.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
I just handed out another Alice frame to someone last night. Thinning my own stash.

It is still a great option to have on hand, due to the available cargo shelf and the ability to carry cargo like water, fuel and ammo cans.
View Quote
Absolutely concur!
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Good stuff guys.  Was off on a field trip for a few days and getting caught up.

First off, with any luck at all, we should have all of these pouches out by Black Friday.  Along with the CF4.

Next, ALICE and PLCE go together.  Neither one is prefect, but the combo is light-years ahead of what most guys are wearing.

Mel Terkla and his kit.  For sure, lots of good stuff there.

Joe has the best collection of pics n stuff on at least two continents.

The external frame.  We haven't discussed this much (believe it or not) but the value of having some off-set on your back in hot weather cannot be over-stated.  I love the Brit Bergen, but that mother is hot and sweaty up against your back.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Absolutely concur!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

Absolutely concur!

I kick myself for selling all my ALICE packs years ago.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillieTangoFox] [#50]
An observation on belt kit / webbing pouches;

I think the Spiritus Mutant pouch is a pretty good starting point, for a concept that can be expanded upon.

It is becoming more common, for more individuals in a team, to carry a handheld radio. The integrated side pouch on the Mutant does this well, in these platforms using the “between pouches” area to add a radio is great.

I would like to see more of this concept.

The DZ rig gives you a couple rows/columns of molle , but this is lacking for a radio pouch. I use them for pouches for quick access items like a red light and mosquito head net that are smaller.
Page / 78
Velocity Systems Jungle Kit (Page 73 of 78)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top